Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Agents are GO! posted:

Lootification follows whatever levelled lists laid down by your mods, so it'd work fine. If you're using IA7, be sure to use my new IA lootification because the default one won't do anything.

Huh, I followed the instructions you posted a few pages back, modified the .xml, but I'm getting a nullPointerException when running the patcher at the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hothtrooper44
Jul 10, 2013

Apoplexy posted:

So, did we cover that the Populated Skyrim series is gone because the author was banned by the Nexus mods because they're retards? APPARENTLY Erkeil, who did ERSO and Enhanced Mighty Dragons and Enhanced Enemy AI and all those other mods that almost everyone uses, was banned before so gotta ban him again!

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/1412640-relliosavini-banned/?hl=%2Brelliosavini
http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/1084005-erkeil-banned/

All because of endorsing his own mods with alt accounts. Which were huge mods and already popular. LOL NEXUS. The equivalent of jailing someone for stealing 2 pennies.

This is not fair. What you are opting for is celebrity treatment. Just because his mods were already popular doesn't mean his making multiple accounts to work the system was okay. There are thousands of mod authors on that website who would love a little limelight. Cheaters prevent them from getting it when it would have been fairly obtained, and so cheaters should be removed.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Yeah I have to agree with Hoth on this one. If your mods are popular, then the endorsements will come in naturally. There's no reason to artificially inflate the number of endorsements your mods get because POPULARITY.

Edit: Now that Hoth is here, is there anything I have to do to make version 7 of IA compatible with Frostfall or is that something I have to ask Chesko?

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Feb 19, 2014

MeccaPrime
May 11, 2010

Is there a lightweight mod that lets me pay blacksmiths to improve my gear? It's really for role play reasons, but I want a character who doesn't smith, but can pay to get the better gear, even if it's a premium.

I think it would really make sense, considering the setting, for people to go to a blacksmith to get a sword sharpened or some armor hardened or some poo poo.

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

MeccaPrime posted:

Is there a lightweight mod that lets me pay blacksmiths to improve my gear? It's really for role play reasons, but I want a character who doesn't smith, but can pay to get the better gear, even if it's a premium.

I think it would really make sense, considering the setting, for people to go to a blacksmith to get a sword sharpened or some armor hardened or some poo poo.

Yeah, it's always seemed really weird to me that the amount of actual smithing work you can get done at a blacksmith amounts to... buying new stuff.

Praetorian Mage
Feb 16, 2008

MeccaPrime posted:

Alternative Crafting System just came out and it does exactly what you want. It can even work with items added by mods, and there's an option to make it cost more or take some time to craft.

MeccaPrime
May 11, 2010

Awesome, I'll check it out!

Presteign
Aug 8, 2004
consent is overrated

Scyantific posted:

Edit: Now that Hoth is here, is there anything I have to do to make version 7 of IA compatible with Frostfall or is that something I have to ask Chesko?
If you want Chesko to put IA7 compatibility into Frostfall, then you'll probably need to tell him soon. He's going to start working on a new version as soon as his companion mod is out. After that he's going to work on a Kickstarter thing and probably not have much time for modding.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
GOD DAMMIT I HATE THE CK gently caress

Okay. Nazeem is functioning as a follower. His commands to follow, wait, trade, and the favor command all work perfectly for the vanilla version; the EFF version is going to be another bucket of fish but at least the framework is there now. The first stage of this mod's construction is effectively done.

Except for one stupid-rear end problem.

You see where that blue arrow is pointing? There should be a line of text there: basically a directory like skyrim/sound/voices/malecondescending/, followed by the string in Voice Filename directly above it with a .wxm extension. I know this because I added dialogue bits for Anska in this fashion. Except that loving string isn't there and I can't figure out how to add it. Right-clicking, double-clicking, double-right-clicking, drag-and-drop in that box does nothing.

I went into the data directory and added the path manually, no dice. I put the files in there, gave them the names they would be expected to have, but no luck. I moved the dialogue file in question up two directories and named it TEMP.wav; it will play when I click Preview, but when I click save, loving nothing happens.

Where am I going wrong? The tutorial I'm referencing is useless because it's assuming I'm adding dialogue via Record instead of feeding it in from existing resources, and working off a new voicetype instead of an existing one.

ANIME IS BLOOD fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Feb 19, 2014

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

I thought you can set edit the frostfall stats on every armor during game, so it can be made compatible yourself, it just takes time.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Edmond Dantes posted:

Huh, I followed the instructions you posted a few pages back, modified the .xml, but I'm getting a nullPointerException when running the patcher at the end.

Are you running lootification by itself, or through SUM? I get those every time I try to run it through SUM.

If that's not the issue, make sure that there aren't any stray </mod> tags or any errors in the XML.

My final suggestion is to rename LLI.esp to something else and then make lootification rebuild it.

If none of that works, maybe LtSmash (the dev) will weigh in if he reads this.

Hothtrooper posted:

This is not fair. What you are opting for is celebrity treatment. Just because his mods were already popular doesn't mean his making multiple accounts to work the system was okay. There are thousands of mod authors on that website who would love a little limelight. Cheaters prevent them from getting it when it would have been fairly obtained, and so cheaters should be removed.

I'm going to have to disagree here, not on the grounds that what he did was okay, but it shouldn't be (IMHO) grounds for banishment. Maybe probation, or a temp ban and a talking to.

The whole vote/endorse/nexus prestige thing is meaningless bullshit. Considering the whole molerat boobs thing (goon makes a humorous mod, mod gets a bunch of votes, votes are negated and mod removed just because) I don't think giving the nexus mods the benefit of the doubt is warranted here, especially when it makes it harder for people to get those mods.

(Also, considering that loving Schlongs of Skyrim got loving file of the month, I'd say the whole file of the month thing is meaningless.)

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Agents are GO! posted:

I'm going to have to disagree here, not on the grounds that what he did was okay, but it shouldn't be (IMHO) grounds for banishment. Maybe probation, or a temp ban and a talking to.

Agreeing with this. Punishment on the Nexus is basically either a stern warning or firing squad at dawn, it seems - there doesn't seem to be any appreciable middle area. No three strikes rules, no probations or temporary bans, just a vague sense of knowing the mods are cheesed off at you or getting locked out entirely.

ANIME IS BLOOD fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Feb 19, 2014

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Agents are GO! posted:

Are you running lootification by itself, or through SUM? I get those every time I try to run it through SUM.

If that's not the issue, make sure that there aren't any stray </mod> tags or any errors in the XML.

My final suggestion is to rename LLI.esp to something else and then make lootification rebuild it.

If none of that works, maybe LtSmash (the dev) will weigh in if he reads this.

Ah, somehow I thought you were the dev, sorry! I'm launching LLI.jar from Mod Organizer; it picks up my mods, it lets me add them to the list, but when I click on patch it starts and immediately throws the null (and doesn't say anything else besides that).

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Entropic posted:

Is there some special incantation required to get the Community Uncapper working? I installed it to install SPERG, but MO is flagging it with some sort of error and SPERG is giving me a perk every level so I don't think it's working.

I'd have to see the actual error message to be certain, but my immediate guess is that the install didn't actually go through properly. Mod Organizer has a tendency to get confused if the top level of the archive doesn't contain anything that looks like it might be game data, and the Uncapper archive does apparently qualify.

If when you tried to install you saw something like this:

You need to drag the "SKSE" up onto the "<data>" so that it looks like this:

Checking and unchecking specifically what I did is optional, but you will need to keep the "SKSE" folder checked.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Edmond Dantes posted:

Ah, somehow I thought you were the dev, sorry! I'm launching LLI.jar from Mod Organizer; it picks up my mods, it lets me add them to the list, but when I click on patch it starts and immediately throws the null (and doesn't say anything else besides that).

Unfortunately, LLI throws out very cryptic error messages.

Do you have a merged patch? Are you sure it's enabled? (I troubleshooted my own stuff for an hour once before I realized that my Merged Patch wasn't checked.)

Did LLI work correctly before you added my stuff to your XML files?

If so, one thing you might try is (and this can be time consuming) remove all IA stuff from either xml file. Rebuild your patch. Now add my IA7 stuff to lootification.xml, and rebuild it again.

Another thing you might try (this is something I pulled my hair out on BTW):

What may be happening is what I call a BOSSfuck. Basically, even though I set and locked the load order I wanted, LLI ran boss and changed the load order while it was running and then it immediately changed back when LLI was finished, without ever giving any indication that it was doing so in MO. Well, BOSS was sorting stuff it didnt recognize to the very bottom of the list, below LLI.esp, and therefor the patcher automatically skipped them. The only way I figured out what it was doing was by reading through a bunch of the debug logs.

Run the BOSS GUI from MO. (Not BOSS.exe.)

Set up user rules to sort your mod list exactly like you want it. Make sure that LLI gets sorted to the very bottom, with your Merged Patch directly above it.

From then on, boss should work correctly for LLI.

If none of those things work, and you can't find any errors in your xml files, maybe zip the xml and the debug logs and post them somewhere. I'll take a look at them.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Handy thing I figured out: the LLI patcher will throw that null pointer message if you have overlapping or conflicting entries in both Custom.xml and Lootification.xml.

Praetorian Mage
Feb 16, 2008
Also, Lootification really doesn't like Jaysus Swords. I had a lot of problems the last time I used it and it turned out that uninstalling Jaysus Swords fixed everything. I just tried the newest version of Lootification hoping that had been fixed, but looking at the logs seems to show Jaysus is loving it up as much as it ever did.

Edit: Just got done with a new round of lootifying stuff in preparation for a new playthrough. Just like before, I had to get rid of Jaysus first. It wasn't enough to just uncheck its plugins, either - I had to actually delete them from my Skyrim folder. If anyone's having problems when everything seems like it should work, it might just be Jaysus.

Praetorian Mage fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Feb 19, 2014

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Praetorian Mage posted:

Also, Lootification really doesn't like Jaysus Swords. I had a lot of problems the last time I used it and it turned out that uninstalling Jaysus Swords fixed everything. I just tried the newest version of Lootification hoping that had been fixed, but looking at the logs seems to show Jaysus is loving it up as much as it ever did.

If I might make a suggestion: Complete Crafting Overhaul Remade completely incorporates Jaysus (And a few other good mods), and I just so happen to have lootified it. :)

Edit:

quote:

Handy thing I figured out: the LLI patcher will throw that null pointer message if you have overlapping or conflicting entries in both Custom.xml and Lootification.xml.

Also check this.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Yeah, install CCO and get the version of Jaysus Swords that's posted here and only install the meshes/textures. Works beautifully with Agents are GO!'s CCO loot settings so far.

Praetorian Mage
Feb 16, 2008

Agents are GO! posted:

If I might make a suggestion: Complete Crafting Overhaul Remade completely incorporates Jaysus (And a few other good mods), and I just so happen to have lootified it. :)

Thanks, I'll look into that.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Agents are GO! posted:

D'oh. I'll go through it again when I get home from work

I blame the shields. All 400+ of them.

If I already started a game would remaking the lootification patch with this fixed mid-game be viable or should I start again?

I assume it'll just start working on all future not-already-spawned places, but it's not a big problem either way.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Yeah, you can replace LLI.esp midway through a playthrough without causing any save issues. And you assume correctly about post-repatch distribution changes.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Mortimer posted:

If I already started a game would remaking the lootification patch with this fixed mid-game be viable or should I start again?

I assume it'll just start working on all future not-already-spawned places, but it's not a big problem either way.

You should be fine. You might want to go to a remote interior location and wait 31 in game days to respawn everything for safety's sake.

ANyhow, here's the updated version.

Not only did I fix the tribunal robes, I relooted the shields (:smithicide:) more carefully (some are hide, steel, iron, etc.)

Hothtrooper44
Jul 10, 2013

Agents are GO! posted:

The whole vote/endorse/nexus prestige thing is meaningless bullshit. Considering the whole molerat boobs thing (goon makes a humorous mod, mod gets a bunch of votes, votes are negated and mod removed just because) I don't think giving the nexus mods the benefit of the doubt is warranted here, especially when it makes it harder for people to get those mods.

(Also, considering that loving Schlongs of Skyrim got loving file of the month, I'd say the whole file of the month thing is meaningless.)

Some months have better files get released than others, and some have so little come around that a smaller nitch audience mod like that one could win. It is what it is. Some months are very competitive though.

For example, here was the competition the month Schlongs won:
1 SOS - Schlongs of Skyrim by Smurf and VectorPlexus
2 Immersive Settlements by Pymous
3 Bosmer Armor Pack by Maty743
4 Superior Lore-Friendly Hair - HD textures by skyrimaguas

... for realz. It's makes more sense in this light obviously. None of those are super big mods. It also has to do with how old the game is.

I got file of the month one time, and 2nd place another. Both were full of awesome mods - and it really means something in competitive months. Here are the two for reference:

1 Wet and Cold by isoku
2 Immersive Weapons by Hothtrooper44 - Ironman5000 - Eckss
3 SPERG - Skyrim Perk Enhancements and Rebalanced Gameplay by seorin
4 Skyrim Flora Overhaul by vurt
5 Better Dialogue Controls by ecirbaf

1 Immersive Armors by Hothtrooper44
2 Climates Of Tamriel - Weather - Lighting - Audio by JJC71
3 ACE - Combat Skills by Athyra - ACE Team
4 Convenient Horses by Alek
5 Girls of Skyrim - add 4 Companions by basskimm

There will be FOTM's 5 years from now for Skyrim with 1 new file. Not all FOTM's are equal, so to act like anyone can win because of an off month 2 years after the game came out seems silly.

Edit: Before anyone assumes so, I do not think I deserved to win over x or y mod. The point was that there were lots of awesome mods those months.

Hothtrooper44 fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Feb 19, 2014

Hothtrooper44
Jul 10, 2013

Scyantific posted:

Talk to Chesko. There is also the in-game way he made to assign W.E.A.R. stuff until he makes a new version.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Honestly if I bothered with the nexus for anything other than downloading mods I would've voted for Schlongs of Skyrim

Kenlon
Jun 27, 2003

Digitus Impudicus
Realistic Body System looks really cool to me, in theory, just from the increased randomization it will add. Does anyone have experience combining it with other mods? Things like Immersive Armor, for example? What about NPCs added by mods like Interesting/Inconsequental NPCs? Does anyone know if it will randomize those?

What other skyproc stuff is out there to mix up things so they aren't always the same?

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Agents are GO! posted:

What may be happening is what I call a BOSSfuck. Basically, even though I set and locked the load order I wanted, LLI ran boss and changed the load order while it was running and then it immediately changed back when LLI was finished, without ever giving any indication that it was doing so in MO. Well, BOSS was sorting stuff it didnt recognize to the very bottom of the list, below LLI.esp, and therefor the patcher automatically skipped them. The only way I figured out what it was doing was by reading through a bunch of the debug logs.

Run the BOSS GUI from MO. (Not BOSS.exe.)

Set up user rules to sort your mod list exactly like you want it. Make sure that LLI gets sorted to the very bottom, with your Merged Patch directly above it.

From then on, boss should work correctly for LLI.

Nailed it, I told BOSS to go gently caress itself and leave my load order alone and it worked. :D

Thanks to all who chimed in with advice on this!

drat, those book of silence textures look nice; the Elven Armour set in particular looks bloody fantastic, from the few I've seen.

Welp, looks like I finished modding for now. I guess I'll go... play?

Burns
May 10, 2008

It turns out I wasn't actually running the memory patch that SKSE added because SKSE.ini thought it was a text file. Now that I finally fixed that, OH my god 150 Riften guards at Iversted vs 15 blood dragons just to see if it worked. Frames went down to about 4fps but it didnt crash :)

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Edmond Dantes posted:

Nailed it, I told BOSS to go gently caress itself and leave my load order alone and it worked. :D

Glad it's working for you!

quote:

Welp, looks like I finished modding for now. I guess I'll go... play?

Nonsense.

Unrelated Edit: It looks like the USKP is updated with the soul-trap bugfix.

Agents are GO! fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Feb 19, 2014

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

The Mad Archivist posted:

GOD DAMMIT I HATE THE CK gently caress

Okay. Nazeem is functioning as a follower. His commands to follow, wait, trade, and the favor command all work perfectly for the vanilla version; the EFF version is going to be another bucket of fish but at least the framework is there now. The first stage of this mod's construction is effectively done.

Except for one stupid-rear end problem.

You see where that blue arrow is pointing? There should be a line of text there: basically a directory like skyrim/sound/voices/malecondescending/, followed by the string in Voice Filename directly above it with a .wxm extension. I know this because I added dialogue bits for Anska in this fashion. Except that loving string isn't there and I can't figure out how to add it. Right-clicking, double-clicking, double-right-clicking, drag-and-drop in that box does nothing.

I went into the data directory and added the path manually, no dice. I put the files in there, gave them the names they would be expected to have, but no luck. I moved the dialogue file in question up two directories and named it TEMP.wav; it will play when I click Preview, but when I click save, loving nothing happens.

Where am I going wrong? The tutorial I'm referencing is useless because it's assuming I'm adding dialogue via Record instead of feeding it in from existing resources, and working off a new voicetype instead of an existing one.

Try adding it from TES5edit

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

After two years of loose files and orphaned folders from betas long abandoned, I went ahead and did a clean install of Skyrim last night. What are some of the recommended ENBs goons use these days?

Also, what's the story on all the memory patches these days? What's the best mixture to get minimal CTDs so I can run a bunch of texture packs?

Burns
May 10, 2008

The most recent versions of enb include one fix. The skse alpha included the memory fix.

Broniki
Sep 2, 2009

Feminist Frequency is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign. Donate today!

What's the difference between save bloat and the natural increase of save size from corpses, picking up items etc?

I've been playing about 20 hours and my saves have gone from 6 to 10 MB and I don't know if this is an issue worth nipping in the bud, or if it's perfectly normal.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Broniki posted:

What's the difference between save bloat and the natural increase of save size from corpses, picking up items etc?

I've been playing about 20 hours and my saves have gone from 6 to 10 MB and I don't know if this is an issue worth nipping in the bud, or if it's perfectly normal.

If you're playing a very fast 20 hours (like "beating dragonborn + mage's quest line + bunch of dungeons" level of fast) that's fairly normal.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Any great mods for the crafting interface? I feel like making potions could be a lot easier if it had even a slightly better interface.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Mr. Crow posted:

Try adding it from TES5edit

That was my first idea and it didn't work - the CK is supposed to automatically generate that string for each dialog topic.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

How do I get skyproc patchers to work with mod organizer?

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

omg chael crash posted:

Any great mods for the crafting interface? I feel like making potions could be a lot easier if it had even a slightly better interface.

You're already using SkyUI, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Berke Negri posted:

How do I get skyproc patchers to work with mod organizer?

You can either add them as an executable, or go to the Data tab on the right, scroll down to SkyProc Patchers, expand that, and then right click on the .jar you want to execute and do Open/Execute.

If I remember correctly, after patching you'll get some files in the override folder, right click it and create a new mod from it (or you can add it to the main one).

• Locked thread