Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Sorry, I meant you couldn't trade the Legendary cores, but upon checking the thread that was a player that posted that, not a dev. So the trading status of the Legendary cores is still possible, as far as we know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.

BarkingSquirrel posted:

And as usual, PS4 users are hosed on the whole thing.

We don't know that for sure, yet. We might end up with all of the advantages without being tempted to level them more than 6, depending on what build we're getting and how easily they can make changes from the PC builds during their process.

And we still get to bask in the warming glow of all of the people who went to rank 10's rage that people who only went to 6 get as much swag as they do...

(Now someone should max Provoked with their new cores, just to try the Rocket Launcher suicide provoked Embolist tag team strategy.)

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Now I regret just burning 950k credits and all my rare 5 cores to get serration up to 9 last night.

Oh well, bumped steel up to 6 for those free platcores.

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?
I look forward to finally being able to max Well of Life and Slash Dash

Whoa. Wife Turds
Jan 23, 2004

FELLOW GOONS: WHEN THIS POSTER OFFERS TO BRAID YOUR PUBES, SAY NO!!!

sushibandit posted:

Now I regret just burning 950k credits and all my rare 5 cores to get serration up to 9 last night.

I really need to look into difference in cost of fusion depending on mats used to fuse. I did a quick check on autofusing an unranked steel charge to 10 last night and it would have cost just a few k more than that.

Ajax posted:

I look forward to finally being able to max Well of Life and Slash Dash

All (most) joking aside we could probably max Well of Life using exclusively other Wells of Life with ODD drop tables being as they are.

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?

Whoa. Wife Turds posted:

All (most) joking aside we could probably max Well of Life using exclusively other Wells of Life with ODD drop tables being as they are.

:thejoke:

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

sushibandit posted:

I still don't have a max'd Serration. I got distracted by Narrow Minded.

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe

Thranguy posted:

We don't know that for sure, yet. We might end up with all of the advantages without being tempted to level them more than 6, depending on what build we're getting and how easily they can make changes from the PC builds during their process.

And we still get to bask in the warming glow of all of the people who went to rank 10's rage that people who only went to 6 get as much swag as they do...

(Now someone should max Provoked with their new cores, just to try the Rocket Launcher suicide provoked Embolist tag team strategy.)
Its cute that you believe they will just leave the error in whenever they get off their rear end and give us 12 :allears: We won't benefit from the "error" in any way. PS4 gets hosed at every turn.

But hey we can go back to the PC players whinning about not having enough Oxium for the lab despite actually having time to farm it before getting the lab.

Whoa. Wife Turds
Jan 23, 2004

BarkingSquirrel posted:

But hey we can go back to the PC players whinning about not having enough Oxium for the lab despite actually having time to farm it before getting the lab.

I've seen several posts from you in this vein and I'm really not getting the degree of your prodigious butthurt. PC had access to Oxium for, what, a few days before the lab was released? Do you not understand how recently Oxium was introduced on PC or are you just choosing a bizarrely short lead time to fixate on rather than the fact that PS3 is several major updates behind?

edit: it's also "whining" or even "whinging" if you're a Brit. You've used "whinning" at every mention of Oxium and while I tried to ignore it initially I can do so no longer.

Whoa. Wife Turds fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Feb 19, 2014

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
PS4 will get the Oxium Osprey event and time to farm it just like the PC version did.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.

BarkingSquirrel posted:

Its cute that you believe they will just leave the error in whenever they get off their rear end and give us 12 :allears: We won't benefit from the "error" in any way. PS4 gets hosed at every turn.

We got the stupid hard Harvester/Detron rules even though they knew that was a mistake by the time they submitted our build, and they could have fixed most of it with about the same amount of effort that it would take to put 12.2 Steel Charge into our 12.0 or 12.1-based build. The theory that they aren't allowed to do that sort of thing in any case (either by their own policies or by Sony's) seems just as likely as the "deliberately screwing over PS4 users" one.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
DE is terrible at doing updates - like 80% of updates are immediately followed by two or three minor updates to fix whatever poo poo they broke. I can see them holding stuff back from PS4 in order to keep things not broken, since they can't do any hotfixes like they can with PC.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Can we add this to the OP tia

Piell posted:

DE is terrible at doing updates - like 80% of updates are immediately followed by two or three minor updates to fix whatever poo poo they broke. I can see them holding stuff back from PS4 in order to keep things not broken, since they can't do any hotfixes like they can with PC.

This. Also, the thread title is the thread title for a reason. Is the game frustrating? Yes. Are the developers frustrating? Yes. Most people in this thread reasonably expect fuckups and hotfixes for fuckups from DE (bonus fuckups for PS4 cert process). If it gets too stupid for you, take a break and come back in an update or two. Goons are still coming back from breaks around U8-9. It's a F2P, you're not losing anything. This is how Warframe is and will likely always be.

zgrowler2 fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Feb 19, 2014

Whoa. Wife Turds
Jan 23, 2004

Piell posted:

This. It's similar to the situation with Payday 2 (another game which causes me to feel sympathy for console users). That said, I don't understand why they can't release stable milestone builds since there have been a few in the past two months of the PC life cycle. The game is going to constantly and rapidly evolve so DE's "but we have something else coming out soon that changes things so we'll wait for that" will be a repeated refrain otherwise.

zgrowler2 posted:

Can we add this to the OP tia

This. Also, the thread title is the thread title for a reason. Is the game frustrating? Yes. Are the developers frustrating? Yes. Most people in this thread reasonably expect fuckups and hotfixes for fuckups from DE (bonus fuckups for PS4 cert process). If it gets too stupid for you, take a break and come back in an update or two. It's a F2P, you're not losing anything. This is how Warframe is and will likely always be.

ninja edit: Basically all of this.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Just some knowledge for people getting the legendary cores: a rare mod (like a corrupted mod) costs 3 times as much total energy to rank up as a common mod, so using your legendary cores on rank 10 rares is much more cost effective in the long run than maxing Serration or whatever. Of course you may find that a maxed common mod offers you more utility than a maxed corrupted mod, so take your pick.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

sleeptalker posted:

Just some knowledge for people getting the legendary cores: a rare mod (like a corrupted mod) costs 3 times as much total energy to rank up as a common mod, so using your legendary cores on rank 10 rares is much more cost effective in the long run than maxing Serration or whatever. Of course you may find that a maxed common mod offers you more utility than a maxed corrupted mod, so take your pick.

This is dumb, max a Serration every time. Serration (well, along with Hornet Strike) is by far the best mod in the game, and unlike corrupted mods have no downside so you will use it on literally every single weapon. There are a lot of corrupted mods that you don't actually want to max out.

Whoa. Wife Turds
Jan 23, 2004

Piell posted:

This is dumb, max a Serration every time. Serration (well, along with Hornet Strike) is by far the best mod in the game, and unlike corrupted mods have no downside so you will use it on literally every single weapon. There are a lot of corrupted mods that you don't actually want to max out.

I think you're missing the finer point here. It is still more cost effective to max Serration and Hornet Strike through traditional means and max out your ten point rares using the Legendary Cores assuming you have ten point rares you want to max. These cores will (fingers crossed) be great for folks like me that have enough credits and cores to max a few ten point mods but have been holding off due to indecision.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

sushibandit posted:

Yeah I bumped one up to 6 just to see what happens. Worst case scenario I wasted... not that many credits and cores.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Whoa. Wife Turds posted:

I think you're missing the finer point here. It is still more cost effective to max Serration and Hornet Strike through traditional means and max out your ten point rares using the Legendary Cores assuming you have ten point rares you want to max. These cores will (fingers crossed) be great for folks like me that have enough credits and cores to max a few ten point mods but have been holding off due to indecision.

I agree, my Serration is already rank 8 so it will be worth a lot more to max, say, my rank 0 Heavy Caliber. It has 10 ranks and it's Rare so that thing is pretty much never getting maxed otherwise, but at max rank it gives +165% damage and -55% accuracy, which won't be good on everything but will be pretty awesome on the right thing.

Androc
Dec 26, 2008

I'm probably going to use mine on Narrow-Minded. It's a ten-rank rare, and anything you're using it on probably shouldn't care about power range in the first place.

Not gonna lie, though, I'm pretty strongly tempted to use my other one on serration just because of how good it is. Isn't there some weird math that proves that you shouldn't stack serration and heavy caliber?

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I've seen some stuff that would really make you say "like what?"
I think Steel fiber, Vitality, and Redirection are the only common 10-ranks, which are magnitudes easier to max than rare or uncommon ones (both warframe and sentinel variants), and there's four 10-rank uncommon mods: Serration, Hornet Strike, Equilibrium, and Provoked(lol). The Uncommons take 2/3rds of what a rare takes to get to max (8184 mod power compared to 12276), all things to take into consideration.

I'm honestly not sure what I'm going to use mine on, I might get another heavy caliber and use it on that, but I've got all of the "useful" 10-rank mods to at least rank 8. I might try tainted shell, it's really gimmicky, but it could be interesting I suppose.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
Why the gently caress wont the Rhino Systems blueprint drop? :( It's been weeks.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Leyburn posted:

Why the gently caress wont the Rhino Systems blueprint drop? :( It's been weeks.

I helped my buddy farm the Jackal a week or two ago and we got all the prints in five runs total.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
I'm rolling in prints for the other two and making mad-bank selling them. I've only been trying one or two runs every time I log in now because I can't handle dedicating too much time to it.

It's annoying because my Excalibur is maxed out and it's time to move onto something new. I might even just spend some plat on one of the harder to get frames.

Chubbs
Feb 13, 2008

In a thousand years, Gandahar was destroyed. A thousand years ago, Gandahar will be saved, and what can't be avoided will be.
Grimey Drawer
When is this Steel Charge thing happening? I can't view the warframe forums link from work.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

AndroidHub posted:

I'm honestly not sure what I'm going to use mine on, I might get another heavy caliber and use it on that, but I've got all of the "useful" 10-rank mods to at least rank 8. I might try tainted shell, it's really gimmicky, but it could be interesting I suppose.

For most shotguns, because of the damage falloff, there's little point in making them pinpoint precise, so a non-maxed Tainted Shell is best. Drakgoon and Phage are the exceptions.

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I've seen some stuff that would really make you say "like what?"

Chubbs posted:

When is this Steel Charge thing happening? I can't view the warframe forums link from work.

I would assume after a patch later tonight, last few non-hotfix patches have been after 8pm eastern time, but that doesn't mean this one will be.

Whoa. Wife Turds
Jan 23, 2004

FYI it was just confirmed that you receive 2 cores for every Steel charge you have over rank 5. Get to fusing, y'all.

occluded
Oct 31, 2012

Sandals: Become the means to create A JUST SOCIETY

Fun Shoe
Dammit, I gave my spare to a goon in a gesture of goodwill. Oh well, I am sure karma will reward me with some sweet stalker loot slash dash.

Grobbit
Jan 20, 2009
Also confirmed is upcoming changes to trading to include Prime Part trading

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/182179-void-master-void-faster/

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY
nm

Whoa. Wife Turds
Jan 23, 2004

Quetzadilla posted:

Where? The actual post indicates otherwise.

I have no idea what "actual post" you're referring to. Here is the link again. Read carefully. https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/182094-steel-charge-update/

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

They recently edited the original post clarifying that users will in fact get 2 platcores per steel charge.

I wish I had more than 2.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Grobbit posted:

Wow I feel really stupid for selling my extras. I could have given people a bunch of cool stuff.

Whoa. Wife Turds
Jan 23, 2004

Grobbit posted:

As cool as this will be for new players I will miss cap trains :911:

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
Just upgraded my Steel Charge to rank 6 just to see these new cores really.

I sold a bunch of my prime parts and bps off never expecting trading for those things, but I do welcome the change. On the other hand, the update could happen in DE tradition and we'll all only be able to get Systems parts anyway for two days while they track down a RNG problem.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Gestalt Intellect posted:

Wow I feel really stupid for selling my extras. I could have given people a bunch of cool stuff.

It did seem unlikely that they would let people do this.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

I'm in a lovely position right now because I have the Karak blueprint but I can't pass the rank up test with this bad mk1(to unlock trading) or get through Venus properly without some better gear that I don't have the materials/creds to get yet. I may have to go back and farm a couple
Mercury/early Venus missions or something to get over this wall I'm at right now.

Whoa. Wife Turds
Jan 23, 2004

Bob NewSCART posted:

I'm in a lovely position right now because I have the Karak blueprint but I can't pass the rank up test with this bad mk1(to unlock trading) or get through Venus properly without some better gear that I don't have the materials/creds to get yet. I may have to go back and farm a couple
Mercury/early Venus missions or something to get over this wall I'm at right now.

Have a goon run you through a couple of T3 caps to give you enough credits to buy a regular Braton and build the Karak once you farm the mats with said Braton.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Androc
Dec 26, 2008

Gestalt Intellect posted:

I'm in the same boat, I think I've sold somewhere in the realm of 3-5 complete braton primes among other things.