Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a slime
Apr 11, 2005

If you want people to MM with the best thing to do is pop in the Steam group channel and ask. Or just randomly start inviting people that are idling in the chat, that's what I do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
Are there many euro goons in the steam group? I've only done three mm games because all my online buds play dota now, so I only play pubs. I think the US players play too late for me.

I won two of my three mm games and finished top in all three, but other than those I haven't played 5v5 since pre-1.6, and I forgot how much I enjoyed them.

a slime
Apr 11, 2005

kcer, carl and I are in Europe and we play MM very often. There are also a few US players that play in the morning (ie our evening), even on weekdays, if you don't mind the ping.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!
Around 10-12pm GMT we usually ha e enough euros to run an eu vs na game although it doesn't often happen. No shortage of us though.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

I'm also up for matchmaking. Steam ID is jeohist

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

It's amazing how many pubbies around the master guardian 2 level still don't realize how useful smoke can be as a deterrent while playing CT. You can literally stall a bad rush holding a site by yourself while surrounding them pretty early in a round especially on dust2

hello internet fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Feb 19, 2014

Orv
May 4, 2011
I'm floating between Nova 1 and SEM while I try to get less inconsistent, and I'm up for CS basically whenever if you silver guys are short someone. Probably more deserving of Silver than Nova right now.

Sleazoid
Nov 13, 2007

I've had CS:GO since day one and had been playing CS:S for years before that and I've literally never played a single competitive 5v5 game.

Educate me bushido grand masters: http://steamcommunity.com/id/dazren

e; I'm in Europe since that's considered important info I guess

Sleazoid fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Feb 19, 2014

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
Join the group chat room and just play. Just make sure you know how to use a microphone and know the spot names on maps otherwise mcvey will pause the match and kick you.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

kcer posted:

Join the group chat room and just play. Just make sure you know how to use a microphone and know the spot names on maps otherwise mcvey will pause the match and kick you.

Only if you stink of Europe.

cosmin
Aug 29, 2008
i'm in Europe too, although i haven't had much time for CSGO I'd be up for some MM; rank nova2.

Steam ID: wololo

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
Adding everyone who hasn't admitted to being European onto my friends list. A few of you have told me you aren't in the goonman group, so I can just invite you once we're friends.

e: this is not intended as racism against Europe. I just hate long ping times... and maybe your accents too

DeusExMachinima fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Feb 19, 2014

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
I've been thinking about cutting together a video of some goonman rounds with commentary/analysis on some good and bad plays with explanations as to why. Would anybody actually watch this y/n?

Orv
May 4, 2011

astr0man posted:

I've been thinking about cutting together a video of some goonman rounds with commentary/analysis on some good and bad plays with explanations as to why. Would anybody actually watch this y/n?

Absolutely.

a slime
Apr 11, 2005

This idea would be better if it was framed like, US players play like this, Euro players play like this. Where this is the cool, suave, and fashionable way to play Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

edit:

Here is a pic of me reviewing the demos yesterday over at carl's house

a slime fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Feb 19, 2014

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
Sweet Beats By Dre™ headphones dude.

And don't worry I will be sure to only show bad plays by euro goons.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

I will be more active so you can have more bad plays by euro goons.

aksuur
Nov 9, 2003

Xenaero posted:

I'm surprised it hasn't been addressed as of yet. Maybe the fix is more complicated than it appears.

I posted this in the BB thread but it didn't get any traction:

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2062204

Obstacle2
Dec 21, 2004
feels good man

astr0man posted:

Yes, especially if I'm in it.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

astr0man posted:

y. It's a good idea.

If you need any footage of bad plays, drop me an invite sometime.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

aksuur posted:

I posted this in the BB thread but it didn't get any traction:

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2062204

The smoke bug seems to phase in and out depending on the patch to me. I haven't actually noticed it happening since the new radar was put in, even trying to exploit it like we've all learned to do, it doesn't seem to happen as much, or am i just crazy?

If people want we could give that plugin a shot, i am just worried about possible performance loss considering how much less efficient csgods has gotten with the past several months of patches.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.
Leave the smoke bug in. Having the smoke block vision but not radar is an important part of the game, and one that I exploit at every opportunity.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!

kcer posted:

Mcvey never kicked me so I kinda assumed everyone was safe

aksuur
Nov 9, 2003

Ricky Bad Posts posted:

The smoke bug seems to phase in and out depending on the patch to me. I haven't actually noticed it happening since the new radar was put in, even trying to exploit it like we've all learned to do, it doesn't seem to happen as much, or am i just crazy?

If people want we could give that plugin a shot, i am just worried about possible performance loss considering how much less efficient csgods has gotten with the past several months of patches.

I used it a few times last night on mirage_ce, but it didn't work every time. I don't mind leaving it the way it is though either, I'm just surprised Valve hasn't locked it down when someone independently released a fix.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
Hey guys, guess what?

THE DRUNKEN GOOD VIBES KING WILL BE BACK IN ACTION NEXT WEEK!

I've seriously been having loving CS:GO withdrawals, specifically wanted to face gently caress other goons.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
If other bads want to add me for some MM action, my profile is http://steamcommunity.com/id/robotrandy

It should be noted that on a scale of garbo to good, I'm most likely hella garbo

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Turk February posted:

Hey guys, guess what?

THE DRUNKEN GOOD VIBES KING WILL BE BACK IN ACTION NEXT WEEK!

I've seriously been having loving CS:GO withdrawals, specifically wanted to face gently caress other goons.

The vibes are at an all time low. You are desperately needed.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Robot Randy posted:

If other bads want to add me for some MM action, my profile is http://steamcommunity.com/id/robotrandy

It should be noted that on a scale of garbo to good, I'm most likely hella garbo

Ok no more of these posts. If you want to MM with other goons use the chat room. Thanks!

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Xenaero posted:

I'm surprised it hasn't been addressed as of yet. Maybe the fix is more complicated than it appears.

It's a feature at this point, not a bug.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Ricky Bad Posts posted:

The vibes are at an all time low. You are desperately needed.

After reading all the horseshit within the past 6 or 7 pages, I now know how dire our community situation actually is, and have felt a disturbance in my good vibes as a result.

Hopefully on Sunday I can begin the lengthy reconstruction of the Good Vibes (tm).

ps: free pengy

Coleman
May 5, 2011

This just in: Beverly Hills 90210, Cleveland Browns 3.
Hey look what I found, *LIVE FOOTAGE* of Xen cheating in a pro match under the name "MSL".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyb8gm4gkIU

aksuur
Nov 9, 2003

Coleman posted:

Hey look what I found, *LIVE FOOTAGE* of Xen cheating in a pro match under the name "MSL".

Please submit this in .gif format, TIA.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

astr0man posted:

Yes, but only if you set the pro clips to very very loud dubstep.

Necc0 posted:

Ok no more of these posts. If you want to MM with other goons use the chat room. Thanks!

A decent number of the people I've added weren't in the group yet though. Check the OP for the link, guys.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Mesothelioma posted:

How do I cover mid better? Once I'm smoked off I can't do poo poo. I'm talking mostly mill and dust2.

The single biggest factor of controlling mid is confidence in your shooting. If you're smoked off without seeing anyone, see if there's any gaps you can try to snipe or at least visually confirm enemies moving around. You'll eventually be able to tell when you're totally blocked off without checking. On dust2 I'll move up to double door or rotate to a site depending on the info I see/get from teammates. Double door if everything's quiet because I can listen for enemies stomping up cat. For mill I'll fall back to CT in case of smoke rush or stack a site, depending. It really does matter on your playstyle how you respond to smoke. Try it out and see what you feel comfortable with. :)

astr0man posted:

Do it! It's an opportunity for players to learn. Even veterans.

Coleman posted:

C'mon man don't call out my alt acct.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

astr0man posted:

I'd watch them astro :allears: Even if you use me as an example that has really bad plays.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/PresidentZaphod

I'm totally down for lovely silver goon feelgood action, hit me up

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

my first sticker was a foil luck is a skill but i still need a drat deagle skin to stick it to

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

The Flying Fish posted:

my first sticker was a foil luck is a skill but i still need a drat deagle skin to stick it to

Give it to me.

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

A monkey in a long line of kings
Silver goons: JUST PLAY IN GOONMANS

I used to play original CS(Beta3->1.0?) have dabbled in Source, but mostly not played for a while. Picked up CSGO on Christmas Sale and before goonmanning my initial ranking got placed at Gold 1. These days I'm MM-ranked at Gold-4, but I hardly ever MM and I feel like I'm probably higher ranked than that just based on trial-by-fire in Goonmans with a lot of the really good players wiping the floor with me. The regulars are pretty much all chill and totally forgiving and accepting of newbies so long as you've taken the time to learn the bare minimal basics: how to keep buy/eco rounds in sync with your team, how to make calls, how not to troll your team with friendly fire and flashes and baiting.

Don't feel like you've got to live in Matchmaking-land until you're dual-AKs to come have fun with goons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Xenaero posted:

Give it to me.

eat chain, i did a legit fist pump when i got it

• Locked thread