Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Is this the same as rollover cable?

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=102&cp_id=10222&cs_id=1022203&p_id=948&seq=1&format=2

Looks the same to me, RJ45, 8 pins... I figure I'll just buy 25 feet and re-terminate it into a bunch of ~2ft cables.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Don't ask, I don't know how to pronounce my name either.
Anyone have a v6 access list example to stave off the NTP DDoS issue that's been getting a lot of attention recently?

H.R. Paperstacks
May 1, 2006

This is America
My president is black
and my Lambo is blue

Aexo posted:

Anyone have a v6 access list example to stave off the NTP DDoS issue that's been getting a lot of attention recently?

Are you the target of the DDoS or are you trying to prevent being the source in someway? If it is the latter......http://www.bcp38.info (source based filtering) and if you have NTP servers, patch them.

H.R. Paperstacks fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Feb 18, 2014

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

QPZIL posted:

Is this the same as rollover cable?

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=102&cp_id=10222&cs_id=1022203&p_id=948&seq=1&format=2

Looks the same to me, RJ45, 8 pins... I figure I'll just buy 25 feet and re-terminate it into a bunch of ~2ft cables.

You'd have to cut the heads off these and crimp new heads on the opposite way, it's a super easy job though.

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=102&cp_id=10222&cs_id=1022203&p_id=945&seq=1&format=2

This is already rolled over, I'm pretty sure.

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Don't ask, I don't know how to pronounce my name either.

H.R. Paperstacks posted:

Are you the target of the DDoS or are you trying to prevent being the source in someway? If it is the latter......http://www.bcp38.info (source based filtering) and if you have NTP servers, patch them.

Trying to prevent network devices from being used as a source. IOS and JunOS seem to be running ridiculously old versions of NTP.

H.R. Paperstacks
May 1, 2006

This is America
My president is black
and my Lambo is blue

Aexo posted:

Trying to prevent network devices from being used as a source. IOS and JunOS seem to be running ridiculously old versions of NTP.

Then there isn't anything special about the v6 ACL/Firewall filter you need that differs from how you control access to the control-plane of the devices, just block everything but known IP's from talking to NTP port.

Morganus_Starr
Jan 28, 2001
Does anyone have any good guides or info on setting up QOS for VOIP on an ASA (5505) ? I'm not asking for someone to write a config, just any general tips or guides or anything. The office I'd like to set this up for has maybe 8 voip phones, but seems to be having some call quality issues - I believe they're on a T1. I'm thinking SIP inspection may be turned on by default so that may clear up some issues once I disable it.

Either way though, definitely curious on how to properly set this up on an ASA, and what the various methods are and pros/cons of each if anyone can give me the skinny.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Don't use Skinny.

Arkitektbmw
Jun 22, 2010
I've got a Cisco ASA 5505, and I need to open two ports on it for a security system; I need the ports forwarded to a static IP on the inside. I've added the following code for the two ports, however it still isn't letting traffic through:

quote:

access-list outside_access_in extended permit tcp any interface outside eq hostname

access-list outside_access_in extended permit tcp any interface outside eq 8670

static (inside,outside) tcp interface hostname 192.168.1.50 hostname netmask 255.255.255.255

static (inside,outside) tcp interface 8670 192.168.1.50 8670 netmask 255.255.255.255

The ASA is on iOS 7.3 currently, and I'd prefer to do this through CLI. There were some other things I had attempted but being that I was working with this a week or two ago I can't remember the details.

Basically I need ports 101(hostname) and 8670 open and forwarded to 192.168.1.50. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT
Any Smartnet knowledgeable people in here?

We are going through our renewal right now and have gotten rid of most of our Cisco switches and stuff. We are still running CUCM with a handful of Cisco phones. We also have a few VG224s, 2811s and ATAs.

Can I get away with only renewing software support for CUCM and all of our end user licenses, then just stocking up on some extra used hardware? Will Cisco not support any of our phone setup in everything isn't covered?

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

She was rubbing her ass all over my hands. They don't just do that for everyone.
Grimey Drawer
If you've got problems with the 2811s, and you don't have smartnet on them, they may not give you support if the problem is determined to be with the 2811 (configuration or hardware) and not the CUCM.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

n0tqu1tesane posted:

If you've got problems with the 2811s, and you don't have smartnet on them, they may not give you support if the problem is determined to be with the 2811 (configuration or hardware) and not the CUCM.

But that would be easy enough to just swap out the hardware with a known working spare.

As long as they will still provide support for the CUCM itself, I think we would be fine. If they found it to be hardware related and told us to deal with it because of lack of support, I would be fine with that.

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

Any advice on removing stripped rack ear screws?

DeNofa
Aug 25, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Morganus_Starr posted:

Does anyone have any good guides or info on setting up QOS for VOIP on an ASA (5505) ? I'm not asking for someone to write a config, just any general tips or guides or anything. The office I'd like to set this up for has maybe 8 voip phones, but seems to be having some call quality issues - I believe they're on a T1. I'm thinking SIP inspection may be turned on by default so that may clear up some issues once I disable it.

Either way though, definitely curious on how to properly set this up on an ASA, and what the various methods are and pros/cons of each if anyone can give me the skinny.

Here are my go-to guides:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_configuration_example09186a008080dfa7.shtml
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_tech_note09186a008084de0c.shtml

Nibilus
Feb 8, 2013

sudo rm -rf posted:

Any advice on removing stripped rack ear screws?

2 Ways i have done it is either drilling them out, or using a tap and die set like a "Grabit". Drilling them out takes some work, but the Grabit style of bits runs between $30 to $50 at a hardware store.

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

She was rubbing her ass all over my hands. They don't just do that for everyone.
Grimey Drawer

Moey posted:

But that would be easy enough to just swap out the hardware with a known working spare.

As long as they will still provide support for the CUCM itself, I think we would be fine. If they found it to be hardware related and told us to deal with it because of lack of support, I would be fine with that.

Well, you could still run into configuration issues, but if you're doing basic h323 voice gateways with the 2811s, there really isn't a ton to go wrong.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

n0tqu1tesane posted:

Well, you could still run into configuration issues, but if you're doing basic h323 voice gateways with the 2811s, there really isn't a ton to go wrong.

Yea, very simple config and never really changes. So as long as I have backups of the configs, dropping in a replacement should be a walk in the park.

Wicaeed
Feb 8, 2005
Not really a Cisco related question, more general networking:

Does anyone use Monoprice as a vendor for Fiber optic cabling?

I've been doing quite a bit of ordering of Cat6 & power cables through them, and while it's hard to gently caress that kind of stuff up, I was entertaining the thought of using them for my Fiber optic orders as well.

Does anyone have feedback as to their quality?

Thanks.

ragzilla
Sep 9, 2005
don't ask me, i only work here

Wicaeed posted:

I've been doing quite a bit of ordering of Cat6 & power cables through them, and while it's hard to gently caress that kind of stuff up, I was entertaining the thought of using them for my Fiber optic orders as well.

Thanks.

Not anything against monoprice, but we order all our cables (custom assembly and off the shelf patch) from fiber instrument sales. Can't think of a time when we've had a bad jumper or cable assembly from them.

Contingency
Jun 2, 2007

MURDERER

Arkitektbmw posted:

I've got a Cisco ASA 5505, and I need to open two ports on it for a security system; I need the ports forwarded to a static IP on the inside. I've added the following code for the two ports, however it still isn't letting traffic through:

The ASA is on iOS 7.3 currently, and I'd prefer to do this through CLI. There were some other things I had attempted but being that I was working with this a week or two ago I can't remember the details.

Basically I need ports 101(hostname) and 8670 open and forwarded to 192.168.1.50. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

ACL applied to the outside interface?

Also, "packet-tracer input outside* tcp 64.1.2.3 999 1.2.3.4** 8670 det" can show you where the breakdown is.

*whatever your WAN/outside interface is named
**whatever your WAN address is

Buffer
May 6, 2007
I sometimes turn down sex and blowjobs from my girlfriend because I'm too busy posting in D&D. PS: She used my credit card to pay for this.
Having the oddest Juniper / Cisco interoperability problem and TAC/JTAC are dodging me/not being helpful so figured I would ask here. Basically throughput is poo poo(like 20% of expected) on serial connections but fine parallel. Everything I can think of checking is green across the board though.

More detail:
We have an SRX1400(XGE model) for L3, and a pair of Nexus 5548s for Layer 2. No FEXes or anything fancy yet. Software-wise - SRX is Junos 12.1X44, Nexus switches are both NX-OS 6.0(2)N2(2).

Juniper xe-0/0/7 is connected to nexus1 eth1/1. Juniper xe-0/0/8 is connected to nexus2 eth1/1. Nexuses are set up for VPC. Junos side is configured for LACP.

Here's the relevant config:
code:
feature lacp
feature vpc
feature lldp

vpc domain 1
  role priority 100
  peer-keepalive destination x.x.x.x
  auto-recovery

interface port-channel1
  description SRX
  switchport mode trunk
  vpc 1

interface port-channel31
  switchport mode trunk
  spanning-tree port type network
  vpc peer-link

interface Ethernet1/1
  lacp rate fast
  switchport mode trunk
  channel-group 1 mode active

interface Ethernet1/31
  description vpc peer-link
  switchport mode trunk
  channel-group 31 mode active

interface Ethernet1/32
  description vpc peer-link
  switchport mode trunk
  channel-group 31 mode active
And the Juniper:
code:
chassis {
    aggregated-devices {
        ethernet {
            device-count 1;
        }
    }
}
interfaces {
  xe-0/0/7 {
    description nexus1;
    gigether-options {
        802.3ad ae0;
    }
  }
  xe-0/0/8 {
    description nexus2;
    gigether-options {
        802.3ad ae0;
    }
  }
  ae0 {
    description "Cisco Nexus Switches";
    vlan-tagging;
    aggregated-ether-options {
      lacp {
        active;
        periodic fast;
      } 
    }
    # Bunch of units here.
  }
}
Any ideas/anything obvious? I'm about ready to just abandon VPC here and go with a single switch because getting this to work seems like black magic.

Buffer fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Feb 20, 2014

adorai
Nov 2, 2002

10/27/04 Never forget
Grimey Drawer
what is the output of sh vpc on each nexus?

Buffer
May 6, 2007
I sometimes turn down sex and blowjobs from my girlfriend because I'm too busy posting in D&D. PS: She used my credit card to pay for this.

adorai posted:

what is the output of sh vpc on each nexus?

Looks fine on both

Nexus 1
code:
vPC domain id                     : 1
Peer status                       : peer adjacency formed ok
vPC keep-alive status             : peer is alive
Configuration consistency status  : success
Per-vlan consistency status       : success
Type-2 consistency status         : success
vPC role                          : primary
Number of vPCs configured         : 9
Peer Gateway                      : Disabled
Dual-active excluded VLANs        : -
Graceful Consistency Check        : Enabled
Auto-recovery status              : Enabled (timeout = 240 seconds)

vPC Peer-link status
---------------------------------------------------------------------
id   Port   Status Active vlans
--   ----   ------ --------------------------------------------------
1    Po31   up     1,...

vPC status
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
id     Port        Status Consistency Reason                     Active vlans
------ ----------- ------ ----------- -------------------------- -----------
1      Po1         up     success     success                    1,...
Nexus 2
code:
vPC domain id                     : 1
Peer status                       : peer adjacency formed ok
vPC keep-alive status             : peer is alive
Configuration consistency status  : success
Per-vlan consistency status       : success
Type-2 consistency status         : success
vPC role                          : secondary
Number of vPCs configured         : 9
Peer Gateway                      : Disabled
Dual-active excluded VLANs        : -
Graceful Consistency Check        : Enabled
Auto-recovery status              : Enabled (timeout = 240 seconds)

vPC Peer-link status
---------------------------------------------------------------------
id   Port   Status Active vlans
--   ----   ------ --------------------------------------------------
1    Po31   up     1,...

vPC status
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
id     Port        Status Consistency Reason                     Active vlans
------ ----------- ------ ----------- -------------------------- -----------
1      Po1         up     success     success                    1,...
show lacp interface eth1/1 (statuses on both)
code:
Interface Ethernet1/1 is up
  Channel group is 1 port channel is Po1
  PDUs sent: 2650322
  PDUs rcvd: 1836891
  Markers sent: 0
  Markers rcvd: 0
  Marker response sent: 0
  Marker response rcvd: 0
  Unknown packets rcvd: 0
  Illegal packets rcvd: 0
Lag Id: [ [(7f, 64-87-88-83-5b-f0, 1, 7f, 1), (7f9b, 0-23-4-ee-be-1, 8001, 8000,
 101)] ]
Operational as aggregated link since Mon Feb 17 16:08:47 2014

Local Port: Eth1/1   MAC Address= 54-7f-ee-b8-da-7c
  System Identifier=0x8000,  Port Identifier=0x8000,0x101
  Operational key=32769
  LACP_Activity=active
  LACP_Timeout=Short Timeout (1s)
  Synchronization=IN_SYNC
  Collecting=true
  Distributing=true
  Partner information refresh timeout=Short Timeout (3s)
Actor Admin State=(Ac-1:To-1:Ag-1:Sy-0:Co-0:Di-0:De-0:Ex-0)
Actor Oper State=(Ac-1:To-1:Ag-1:Sy-1:Co-1:Di-1:De-0:Ex-0)
Neighbor: 0x1
  MAC Address= 64-87-88-83-5b-f0
  System Identifier=0x7f,  Port Identifier=0x7f,0x1
  Operational key=1
  LACP_Activity=active
  LACP_Timeout=short Timeout (1s)
  Synchronization=IN_SYNC
  Collecting=true
  Distributing=true
Partner Admin State=(Ac-0:To-1:Ag-0:Sy-0:Co-0:Di-0:De-0:Ex-0)
Partner Oper State=(Ac-1:To-1:Ag-1:Sy-1:Co-1:Di-1:De-0:Ex-0)
Aggregate or Individual(True=1)= 1
On the Junos Side:
show lacp interfaces ae0
code:
Aggregated interface: ae0
    LACP state:       Role   Exp   Def  Dist  Col  Syn  Aggr  Timeout  Activity
      xe-0/0/7       Actor    No    No   Yes  Yes  Yes   Yes     Fast    Active
      xe-0/0/7     Partner    No    No   Yes  Yes  Yes   Yes     Fast    Active
      xe-0/0/8       Actor    No    No   Yes  Yes  Yes   Yes     Fast    Active
      xe-0/0/8     Partner    No    No   Yes  Yes  Yes   Yes     Fast    Active
    LACP protocol:        Receive State  Transmit State          Mux State
      xe-0/0/7                  Current   Fast periodic Collecting distributing
      xe-0/0/8                  Current   Fast periodic Collecting distributing
E: nm, a large flow that is not going to balance properly made it look that way.

Buffer fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Feb 20, 2014

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

Wicaeed posted:

Thanks.

I only order cat5e jumper cables from them, and get overnight delivery for $5. There's a shop in Pleasanton (cablewholesale.com) that I buy fiber patch from because they ship it ground to SF which takes ~1 day and all their patch cables are high quality. Monoprice only just recently started carrying fiber patch cables, and while I might give them a shot I have no particular incentive to break from my current vendor purchase patterns especially when my current vendor isn't -that- much more expensive.

gooby pls
May 18, 2012

We're looking at the 15.0 train on our 3750x stacks for 10g support. Still concerned by some of the reports of memory leakage, etc. What code revs are people happy with?

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

gooby pls posted:

We're looking at the 15.0 train on our 3750x stacks for 10g support. Still concerned by some of the reports of memory leakage, etc. What code revs are people happy with?

I've got a site running on 15.0(1)SE3 for a while without any issues.
I know there were some weird bugs with 15.0(2) but it looks like they've been sorted out.
15.0 isn't a requirement for 10gig though, minimum version is 12.2(53)SE2.

Spudalicious
Dec 24, 2003

I <3 Alton Brown.
I know this is probably super basic but I'm confused about something and was hoping someone could tell me why things are working.

Right now I have a Catalyst 3750 Core network stack that is handling our vlan routing and internal network. We have 3 vlans. It's set up so that all the Vlans have corresponding Switch virtual interfaces that are 10.10.100/101/102.1

How exactly do these interfaces communicate with eachother? I also don't understand how these switch virtual interfaces are joined to a vlan. Here's some running-conf output:
code:
interface Vlan100
 ip address 10.10.100.1 255.255.255.0
 no ip proxy-arp
!
interface Vlan101
 ip address 10.10.101.1 255.255.255.0
 no ip proxy-arp
!
interface Vlan102
 ip address 10.10.102.1 255.255.255.0
 no ip proxy-arp
!
Given that, it seems like Vlan100/101/102 is just a label given to the interface, not actually joining it to the vlan, is this not the case? When I read here: http://www.firewall.cx/cisco-technical-knowledgebase/cisco-switches/973-cisco-switches-basic-advanced-configuration.html that

quote:

At this point, ip routing has been enabled. When issuing the show ip route command, the switch shows all networks learnt from the supported routing protocols (none active at the moment). Hosts between different VLANs are now able to communicate with each other as long as they have their IP gateway set to the 3560’s VLAN IP interface of their network.
this doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. How does adding a default route for all traffic make everything able to talk to eachother?

jwh
Jun 12, 2002

interface vlan100 is the layer-3 interface on that switch for the corresponding vlan 100. The same is true for vlan 101, 102, etc.

The SVI interfaces are simply the platforms way of representing a routable interface belonging to a particular vlan. It's analogous to having a router with handful of ports, and connecting one of them to a switch on vlan 100, or 101, or 102, for example. It's the same thing, except it's all happening inside this particular switch platform.

There is no process of joining a SVI to a corresponding vlan, it happens automatically, based on the number. ie., if you have an interface Vlan100, that is the layer-3 interface for vlan 100. There's nothing magical happening here.

The last paragraph, what is being said there is that if you have a bunch of hosts on vlan 100, 101, and 102, and each of these hosts have their own default gateway set to the corresponding address for their Vlan SVI on the switch (for example, a host on vlan 100, say, 10.10.100.95 would have a gateway of 10.10.100.1, and a host on vlan101 would have a gateway of 10.10.101.1, etc.), they would be able to communicate by routing between these vlans (facilitated by the routing functionality of the switch).

Does that make sense?

Spudalicious
Dec 24, 2003

I <3 Alton Brown.

jwh posted:

interface vlan100 is the layer-3 interface on that switch for the corresponding vlan 100. The same is true for vlan 101, 102, etc.

The SVI interfaces are simply the platforms way of representing a routable interface belonging to a particular vlan. It's analogous to having a router with handful of ports, and connecting one of them to a switch on vlan 100, or 101, or 102, for example. It's the same thing, except it's all happening inside this particular switch platform.

There is no process of joining a SVI to a corresponding vlan, it happens automatically, based on the number. ie., if you have an interface Vlan100, that is the layer-3 interface for vlan 100. There's nothing magical happening here.

The last paragraph, what is being said there is that if you have a bunch of hosts on vlan 100, 101, and 102, and each of these hosts have their own default gateway set to the corresponding address for their Vlan SVI on the switch (for example, a host on vlan 100, say, 10.10.100.95 would have a gateway of 10.10.100.1, and a host on vlan101 would have a gateway of 10.10.101.1, etc.), they would be able to communicate by routing between these vlans (facilitated by the routing functionality of the switch).

Does that make sense?

I guess, I just thought that when those SVIs were created with
code:
#interface vlan100
description Core-Network
 ip address 10.10.100.1 255.255.255.0
!
that vlan100 was just a random name that didn't actually mean vlan with ID 100. That clears it up immensely. However it still doesn't necessarily say why those interfaces can talk to eachother only when routing is enabled. Couldn't those interfaces all be accessing another vlan that lets them talk to eachother without routing? or can SVI's not be trunks? sorry I am not a networking admin but I have a job title as one now and I suppose I need to learn this kind of stuff :downsrim:

Spudalicious fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Feb 21, 2014

jwh
Jun 12, 2002

Well, trunks are (in this case) a collection of vlans. SVIs are the layer-3 interface of a single corresponding vlan. So by definition, a SVI can't be a trunk.

Part of the difficulty in conceptualizing what's going on inside a routing switch platform is that you're dealing with two different things: layer 2 transport, and layer 3 routing.

I tend to think of it like this: every vlan is a lake, and every SVI is a toe in the water from a guy sitting above the lake. Or something like that, I dunno.

edit: Maybe it's more like the SVIs are the fishing nets belonging to a particularly enterprising parks and wildlife officer, and he takes fish (packets) from one lake and puts them in another lake. Hey, at least it's not a car analogy.

May 14, 2003

BIRTHDAY BIRTHDAY BIRTHDAY BIRTHDAY BIRTHDAY BIRTHDAY FRUITCAKE!

jwh posted:

Well, trunks are (in this case) a collection of vlans. SVIs are the layer-3 interface of a single corresponding vlan. So by definition, a SVI can't be a trunk.

Part of the difficulty in conceptualizing what's going on inside a routing switch platform is that you're dealing with two different things: layer 2 transport, and layer 3 routing.

I tend to think of it like this: every vlan is a lake, and every SVI is a toe in the water from a guy sitting above the lake. Or something like that, I dunno.

edit: Maybe it's more like the SVIs are the fishing nets belonging to a particularly enterprising parks and wildlife officer, and he takes fish (packets) from one lake and puts them in another lake. Hey, at least it's not a car analogy.

If VLANs are lakes then an SVI is a dock and when you want to go to another lake you dock your boat on the SVI and walk over to another dock so you can ride a boat in the other lake.

Think of an SVI as a sort of network card. With IP routing enabled you're basically creating a computer with a network card in every VLAN you define an SVI in. Since that computer has an interface in every VLAN it can naturally reach them all! It just happens that this particular computer isn't a physical thing and the SVIs are basically "virtual NICs." Generally a switch can only have 1 SVI in a given VLAN.

If you're using vrfs then just think of each vrf as a separate computer.

tortilla_chip
Jun 13, 2007

k-partite
You're all going to have fun when Cisco moves to only support bridge domains shortly.

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002
I MAP THE FUCK OUT OF PEOPLE

Wicaeed posted:

Thanks.

I have a few hundred installed. Light makes it through them, not sure what else to say.

Sepist
Dec 26, 2005

FUCK BITCHES, ROUTE PACKETS

Gravy Boat 2k

tortilla_chip posted:

You're all going to have fun when Cisco moves to only support bridge domains shortly.

Well if they're going to throw more XR commands down to classic maybe they should give us commit too! Man I love XR.

ruro
Apr 30, 2003

Sepist posted:

Well if they're going to throw more XR commands down to classic maybe they should give us commit too! Man I love XR.

+1 million.

Edit: Does anyone know if Cisco supports WRED ECN+? I see that post 12.2(8)T supports WRED ECN, but I'm interested to know if it supports setting the ECN bits in SYN/ACK packets as well as data packets (RFC 5562).

ruro fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Feb 24, 2014

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Can anybody think of a quick reason why a polycom system would be able to make external calls in a cisco setup, but when calls are placed internally, the mics are mute?

falz
Jan 29, 2005

01100110 01100001 01101100 01111010
SIP calls should communicate directly between the phones. Ate the phones on the same subnet/Can they talk to each other over IP?

Syano
Jul 13, 2005

ElGroucho posted:

Can anybody think of a quick reason why a polycom system would be able to make external calls in a cisco setup, but when calls are placed internally, the mics are mute?

Yes. Your firewall is allowing the control traffic to set up the call but now allowing the rtp audio traffic. I cant 100% confirm this is your problem but 99% of the time with these symptoms thats it

sirchode
Jun 25, 2004

Does anyone make use of NetFlow? Or run anything else that shows real-time info? We've got big bloaty monitoring servers going but I'd like to be able to have some more lightweight things that are more useful at a glance when something goes down. Like a couple instances of MTR and RTMT or whatever. I get the feeling you guys have a couple tools you'd probably swear by

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib
We use Plixer Scrutinizer.