Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neobdragon
Jun 30, 2013

darth cookie posted:

Guess he doesn't need any more money for PC parts and his bid for a CCP job failed, so he's bowing out on a wave of excuses.

What a dickbag.

No but he streams Eve, that pretty much means he gets a free job right? :v:

Pretty much kil2 at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
I'm trying to figure out what camera angle tricks are needed to view a station undock from 500km away in a cloaked ship, and I'm not coming up with any.

Neobdragon posted:

No but he streams Eve, that pretty much means he gets a free job right? :v:

Pretty much kil2 at this point.

Well to be fair, he has better credentials than mintchip.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rhymenoserous posted:

I'm trying to figure out what camera angle tricks are needed to view a station undock from 500km away in a cloaked ship, and I'm not coming up with any.

None, which is why he's such a dipshit.

At least Mintchip got a job that you could argue matched a resume she submitted (the gig she has was posted on CCP's job board etc.) so there's that. Mad Ani was just saying "I stream, you need to pay me to stream now."

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Rhymenoserous posted:

No, I've seen her credentials. They're better :colbert:

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

I do wish I could pivot the camera and keep it in that location. :(

But yea, as useful as it was having Mad Ani's stream to look at the other guy's staging system, the pubbie bullshit river flowed through him and his chat channel like the god damned nile.

Cerebral Wolf
Jun 20, 2008
Speaking of cameras. The tracking options missing from Dscan now, where's it gone?

Lowkin
Aug 27, 2007
Does goonWaffe offer any mercenary type corps to fight wars with smaller factions? What would something like that cost?

I am in a corp with 5 people doing missions while I skill up and some corp with 19 members declared war on us.

Pikag
Jun 5, 2009

Cerebral Wolf posted:

Speaking of cameras. The tracking options missing from Dscan now, where's it gone?

It's in the new camera menu that came with the 1.1 patch, to the left of the autopilot button by your capacitor.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

How much ISK does Plex go for these days? I do not have enough cash to get back into a battleship to earn easy ISK and so am thinking of just buying a Plex and selling it.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

BadLlama posted:

How much ISK does Plex go for these days? I do not have enough cash to get back into a battleship to earn easy ISK and so am thinking of just buying a Plex and selling it.

600m+, though if you're in goonwaffe you only need a Vexor Navy Issue, ~150m fitted.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

bonewitch posted:

600m+, though if you're in goonwaffe you only need a Vexor Navy Issue, ~150m fitted.

Alright cool, and I would be in goonwaffe but I only resub because a friend wanted me to play and hes in some pubbie high sec corp right now so I am in that with him. Eventually I think I can get him to drop that crap. (Please don't kill BadLlama ingame, thanks)

Noctis Horrendae
Nov 1, 2013

Lowkin posted:

Does goonWaffe offer any mercenary type corps to fight wars with smaller factions? What would something like that cost?

I am in a corp with 5 people doing missions while I skill up and some corp with 19 members declared war on us.

No mercenary corps per say, but there's The Greater Groon, which is basically a group of poors that fleet up and shoot things in NPC space. We usually die to KIATolon, Brazilians or bait Orcas.

Join us.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
I'm discovering that stealing from the average ESS is a piece of cake. I hope I'm not violating our agreement with PL, though. I don't know which corps are their renters.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Animal-Mother posted:

I'm discovering that stealing from the average ESS is a piece of cake. I hope I'm not violating our agreement with PL, though. I don't know which corps are their renters.

If the system is owned by Brothers of Tangra, it's PL renter space and you should generally leave them alone.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Animal-Mother posted:

They're the ones with the B0T alliance ticker.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Glory of Arioch posted:

If the system is owned by Brothers of Tangra, it's PL renter space and you should generally leave them alone.

Oops.

Bloodborne
Sep 24, 2008

The sound effect for when you biomass a character is pretty fun.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

The accord only says no "organized" harassment. :ssh:

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

bonewitch posted:

That sounds like a great way to be made an example of.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

bonewitch posted:

It also says that both sides will make best efforts to prevent individuals from harassing.

Lets play "am I more important to CFC than PUBLORD?"

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

BadLlama posted:

Alright cool, and I would be in goonwaffe but I only resub because a friend wanted me to play and hes in some pubbie high sec corp right now so I am in that with him. Eventually I think I can get him to drop that crap. (Please don't kill BadLlama ingame, thanks)

BadLl-
I will kill that TR fascist all I want. :colbert:

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

Lowkin posted:

Get some high DPS ships together and drop on one of them. Chances are there will only be one or two active in a system at any given time, so if you pick your targets well you could definitely inflict some losses. Alternatively, stop running missions and find a nice nullsec corp to join.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Haha.

There's still some mad Ani fans who can't see through that, it's precious. :allears:

He's barely streamed anything from his donated computer, and has had various excuses for months. The real reason is how hard he got shat on when he begged CCP for a job; he's barely, if at all, streamed eve since. Even on the weekend fights.

Does anyone even know what controls he is talking about? I just assumed he did it like everyone else, clicking and holding the right mouse button. At least it looked like that's what he was doing.

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007
Did he even stream during B-R? Now that I think about it I never even heard about him streaming, so if he was I could see him being upset about the lack of attention, beyond the whole "Thanks for buying me a computer, shitlords" thing.

Blawrf
Oct 10, 2009

Hi, I'm Blawrf, and you can dock in my station anytime~~

Rowwr

You should stop it now, heh.

edit: it's really hard to be the imposing director with this fuckin' avatar

Blawrf fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Feb 20, 2014

Hollow Talk
Feb 2, 2014

bonewitch posted:

And with that in mind, have a look at what just happened: https://twitter.com/BraveNewbies/status/436312692421193728

The guy who made the kill is very, very happy. The person losing that ship? Probably not...

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

Hollow Talk posted:

And with that in mind, have a look at what just happened: https://twitter.com/BraveNewbies/status/436312692421193728

The guy who made the kill is very, very happy. The person losing that ship? Probably not...

Why would you carry PLEX?

Chaos341
Aug 13, 2010
Because he's a retard.

Hollow Talk
Feb 2, 2014

Artificer posted:

Just to clarify because I can't tell because of how the English language works: I am neither party!

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

One cannot be a good person and enforce unjust laws.

Blawrf posted:

edit: it's really hard to be the imposing director with this fuckin' avatar

Are you kidding? That poo poo is terrifying.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

just keep swimming

Artificer posted:

Because he is a spy.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Khablam posted:

Haha.

There's still some mad Ani fans who can't see through that, it's precious. :allears:

He's barely streamed anything from his donated computer, and has had various excuses for months. The real reason is how hard he got shat on when he begged CCP for a job; he's barely, if at all, streamed eve since. Even on the weekend fights.

Does anyone even know what controls he is talking about? I just assumed he did it like everyone else, clicking and holding the right mouse button. At least it looked like that's what he was doing.

Camera controls, which had minimal changes.

Sir_Substance
Dec 13, 2013

Fallorn posted:

Also they are not selling them till after june they are free online only till then and then a collection will be sold.

I'm torrenting it, free forever :sun:. I'm not rolling *another* account just to download free comics. They could let me do that without an account, arseholes.

Yes, I have reached peak internet entitlement.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Blawrf posted:

My bad. I'll compensate them if they ask.

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

darthzeta88 posted:

I honestly do not understand why people complain about highsec being boring. Go to loving nullsec then. Even if your all alone its possible. Nomad life is a life.

On a side note seems CFC is claiming Outer ring as part of the commonwealth. Seems I am gonna be busy since that is my area of space I live in.

Yo, this thread moves pretty fast, compared to how I get to read it, so I had to call this out:

You live in Outer Ring. What do you even DO? Share, please!

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?
For the guys who have done the whole nomad thing, I have a few questions.

What exactly do you do apart from moving around?
How often do you lose your Orca?
What types of ships do you bring with you?

Trevorrrrrrrrrrrrr
Jul 4, 2008

Animal-Mother posted:

My bad. I'll compensate them if they ask.

Well if you actually read BOTLORD agreemnts, renter harassment only applies to "Home" regions, so you may be in the clear :sun:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

JohnSherman posted:

For the guys who have done the whole nomad thing, I have a few questions.

What exactly do you do apart from moving around?
How often do you lose your Orca?
What types of ships do you bring with you?

Are you talking about being in a POS only or using a station as your base of operations, with the Orca being your suitcase?

Regardless basically you find the fights/areas and ways to provoke a fight. For the corp I'm in we went and attacked CFC & RUS POS', which made them bring out more stuff. We also did camps where we shut down routes as best we could.

I can't recall when we lost any of our suitcases, mostly because we were super careful with them.

Mostly it was 1 or 2 of each doctrine ship and a bomber and sabre for good measure. PVP characters traveled in Interceptors which also were used. Jita runs were pretty regular using cyno alts and mids so anything not brought in initially were shipped in as needed.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Feb 20, 2014

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Trevorrrrrrrrrrrrr posted:

Well if you actually read BOTLORD agreemnts, renter harassment only applies to "Home" regions, so you may be in the clear :sun:

It was a small amount of ISK anyway. I just don't want Goons to have a bad reputation in Eve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.
Man, I am never in a position to get my Noctis jewcannoned into these awesome giant fights.

• Locked thread