Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.
Not strictly Rock Band related, but Harmonix said on their Twitch show that they might be revealing their new game and/or other new content within the next week or two. They said some of it would be "completely unexpected and out of left field", which I assume means the motion combat game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

They're giving second life to the Sega Activator?!?

The T
May 29, 2010

A sufficiently chaotic system is maximally fair.

IUG posted:

They're giving second life to the Sega Activator?!?

Second Life is going to support the Sega Activator?!?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
For the ultimate rubbing-Baribies-together experience.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
C3 releases for February 14, 2014:

New! Customs for My Valentine 7-pack
  • Berlin - "Sex (I'm A...)" (Nyxyxylyth)
  • Crosby, Stills & Nash - "Suite: Judy Blue Eyes" (BearzUnlimited)
  • Culture Club - "Love Is Love" (farottone)
  • Justin Bieber - "Boyfriend" (RyanHYK)
  • Sade - "Never as Good as the First Time" (farottone)
  • Tal Bachman - "She's So High" (drummerockband)
  • Terence Trent D'Arby - "Delicate" (farottone)

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

Wow, the thread is surprisingly dead for a new C3 release. Anyway, downloaded everything but Bieber, and while the only song I knew by name was She's So High (though I definitely recognized parts of Judy Blue Eyes once it got going), I really enjoyed this week regardless, aside from some inactive sections on guitar (mostly Sex (I'm A...) outside of the great solo and the beginning of Delicate). Judy Blue Eyes was the definite highlight on guitar, but I also really enjoyed She's So High and, once it gets going, Delicate.

Spooky Chris
Aug 18, 2003
Harleyite Extraordinaire
I was going to say, I find it hard to believe that Rock Band fans would be dragged away by Valentine's Day. Guess it's a good thing?

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Harmonix has announced Chroma, which is basically the Dubstep Weapon From Saints Row IV: The Game.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/2/17/5412884/harmonix-returns-with-a-weird-first-person-shooting-musical-hybrid

Orgophlax fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Feb 17, 2014

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Orgophlax posted:

Harmonix has announced Chroma, which is basically the Dubstep Weapon From Saints Row IV: The Game.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/2/17/5412884/harmonix-returns-with-a-weird-first-person-shooting-musical-hybrid

I read their webpage for the game, and it seems like it's more than just dubstep. They mention guitar, drums, and synth. I hope each team picks a different style of music, so that you have the metal guys going up against (and humorously) losing to J-Pop or something. Just whoever does best gets to hear their genre of music playing.

This is just what I hope, because that could be interesting.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

IUG posted:

I read their webpage for the game, and it seems like it's more than just dubstep. They mention guitar, drums, and synth. I hope each team picks a different style of music, so that you have the metal guys going up against (and humorously) losing to J-Pop or something. Just whoever does best gets to hear their genre of music playing.

This is just what I hope, because that could be interesting.

Yeah, it has everything apparently. Just the concept of the dubstep gun in general I meant.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

IUG posted:

I read their webpage for the game
More like wubpage. :downsrim:

Thank you, I'll be here all night.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I got the customs working over the weekend. I downloaded a little over 100 songs and I didn't have time to play them all, but I wanted to say thanks to the people who made all these. This is awesome and fun and really breathes new life back into the game for me and my friends. It was also really easy to set up.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
"Music Is Your Weapon"? Hm... Where have I heard that before?

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

All through the day, I me mine
I got my desktop back. Time to blow the dust off these Beatles multitracks.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Orange Harrison posted:

I got my desktop back. Time to blow the dust off these Beatles multitracks.
Nice! I had been wondering about the status of that spectacular 3-pack you mentioned... :D

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

All through the day, I me mine
I split it up because one of C3's other Beatles enthusiasts retired and bequeathed all his projects to me, with the task of adding Pro Mode and multitracks. So you'll be seeing singles from me, but a greater number of them because about half of them are songs I would never have bothered doing from scratch (songs where Paul sings :cheeky:).

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Orange Harrison posted:

(songs where Paul sings :cheeky:).

You're a monster if you don't like Eleanor Rigby and All Together Now. :colbert:

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Kacho of My own little gaming world
For the millionth time, I'm gonna say we need more George songs

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
C3 releases for February 21, 2014:

New! The Golden Age of Rock 11-pack
  • Badfinger - "Baby Blue" (ws54)
  • The Beau Brummels - "Laugh Laugh" (ws54)
  • Donovan - "Hurdy Gurdy Man" (ws54)
  • Herman's Hermits - "Listen People" (ws54)
  • Hollies - "Long Cool Woman (In a Black Dress)" (ws54)
  • The Lovin' Spoonful - "Do You Believe in Magic" (farottone)
  • The Lovin' Spoonful - "Summer in the City" (clintilona)
  • Paul Revere & the Raiders - "Kicks" (ws54)
  • Shocking Blue - "Venus" (drummerockband)
  • Tommy James & the Shondells - "Crimson and Clover" (ws54)
  • Troggs - "Wild Thing" (ws54)

I also want to call out the Rock Band Harmonies Project, the completely legal upgrades project that works with Title Update 5 and online play that has been around longer than C3. We talked about it in this thread a long time ago, but it's still a thing, and espher works super hard to come up with over 20 new upgrades every month. It's not just harmonies anymore, either; they have a ton of Pro Drums upgrades for the old RBN1 songs that didn't have it, and even keys upgrades are possible now. This week's releases include a ton of Foo Fighters, the Flight of the Conchords songs (which absolutely needed harmonies), Foreigner 01, and more. It's totally rad and you should check it out.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

This is an awesome week. Have wanted Crimson and Clover for so long.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

pksage posted:

I also want to call out the Rock Band Harmonies Project, the completely legal upgrades project that works with Title Update 5 and online play that has been around longer than C3. We talked about it in this thread a long time ago, but it's still a thing, and espher works super hard to come up with over 20 new upgrades every month. It's not just harmonies anymore, either; they have a ton of Pro Drums upgrades for the old RBN1 songs that didn't have it, and even keys upgrades are possible now. This week's releases include a ton of Foo Fighters, the Flight of the Conchords songs (which absolutely needed harmonies), Foreigner 01, and more. It's totally rad and you should check it out.
I somehow never realized that "All Right Now" is in the game until I saw this week's RBHP update. Neat!

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit
That's a loving killer pack, gonna have to play them all.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
I'm way too excited for this pack!

ApexAftermath
May 24, 2006

pksage posted:

C3 releases for February 21, 2014:

New! The Golden Age of Rock 11-pack
  • Badfinger - "Baby Blue" (ws54)
  • The Beau Brummels - "Laugh Laugh" (ws54)
  • Donovan - "Hurdy Gurdy Man" (ws54)
  • Herman's Hermits - "Listen People" (ws54)
  • Hollies - "Long Cool Woman (In a Black Dress)" (ws54)
  • The Lovin' Spoonful - "Do You Believe in Magic" (farottone)
  • The Lovin' Spoonful - "Summer in the City" (clintilona)
  • Paul Revere & the Raiders - "Kicks" (ws54)
  • Shocking Blue - "Venus" (drummerockband)
  • Tommy James & the Shondells - "Crimson and Clover" (ws54)
  • Troggs - "Wild Thing" (ws54)

:stare:

You guys are amazing holy poo poo! Hopefully you do Crystal Blue Persuasion too at some point!

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Being a Rock Band guy makes it hard to appreciate Rocksmith DLC. Most weeks are like "argh, we already got this for RB, give me Cake!" :argh: Then again, Rocksmith beats the hell out of Pro G/B, so I shouldn't complain.

I regularly wish that Harmonix had, like, outsourced Pro G/B to another team (i.e. the Rocksmith guys) as to not spread themselves so thin with RB3.

ApexAftermath
May 24, 2006

I really hope you customs guys make "Afterlife" by Arcade Fire. I can't stop listening to it since they played it on Tonight Show and I NEED to play this in rock band now.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

ApexAftermath posted:

I really hope you customs guys make "Afterlife" by Arcade Fire. I can't stop listening to it since they played it on Tonight Show and I NEED to play this in rock band now.

I'd really like to see more Talking Heads, but you guys seem to be doing your own thing which I also enjoy. Still, I'm sure any of us could conjure up a release list that would keep the best of you busy for months on end.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Regular reminder that authoring isn't as hard as it seems, especially if you can find a MIDI (the 1990s bleep-bloop kind) of the song you want to do. That gives you a basis for Vocals and Pro Keys that just needs some tweaking to get up to Rock Band standards, instead of "jesus christ four minutes of vocals authoring, gently caress this".

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
I can't believe we still don't have hocus pocus by focus. I think it was the most wanted song in this thread for a long time.

G20 Sumbitch
Sep 29, 2007

Happy Hockey Is The Best!!!
Did the Rock Band network even release a single song after Rock Band proper closed its doors? I thought you wanted to release some stuff still pksage?

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Master Twig posted:

I can't believe we still don't have hocus pocus by focus. I think it was the most wanted song in this thread for a long time.

I have no custom yet I must yodel

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Douwe posted:

Did the Rock Band network even release a single song after Rock Band proper closed its doors? I thought you wanted to release some stuff still pksage?

There were some, but RBN got royally borked by the transition from MSP to $, and as such hasn't released anything since June.

Also, has anyone looked into the possibility of getting a custom of "Everything Is AWESOME!!!" and making it work in Lego Rock Band? Because that's something that absolutely has to happen.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Someone chart this thanks~
https://twitter.com/Kaboobi/status/437335476996149248

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!

whypick1 posted:

There were some, but RBN got royally borked by the transition from MSP to $, and as such hasn't released anything since June.

Actually, I think a few have come out since then, but may not be showing up properly on the various feeds for that kind of thing.

Douwe posted:

I thought you wanted to release some stuff still pksage?

There's one more Dance for the Dying song that I'd like to do, but my XNA expired and the currency conversion happened and they put up that VPN and RBN doesn't make money and etc. I'll probably release it via C3 at some point.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

whypick1 posted:

Also, has anyone looked into the possibility of getting a custom of "Everything Is AWESOME!!!" and making it work in Lego Rock Band? Because that's something that absolutely has to happen.

Harmonix has stated they're holding onto that for Lego Rock Band 2.

(:( that would be excellent)

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

Harmonix has stated they're holding onto that for Lego Rock Band 2.

(:( that would be excellent)

Rock Band: The LEGO Movie: The Game

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

pksage posted:

Rock Band: The LEGO Movie: The Game

I'd buy that too.

Just for Will Arnett's Batman theme.

El Destructo
Jul 28, 2004

The football is in my path.
In 12 seconds' time she pulls
it away. I'm already lying there, 12 seconds into the future.

Orange Harrison: Thanks for the amazing work on separating audio in older songs.

The C3 website lists your Across the Universe custom as a full multitrack, but the original vocals were not muted even though I had the Vocal Track level turned down to zero. Did the C3 website post an older version, or is it in fact combined audio and just listed incorrectly?

Seconding espher's awesome work on the Rock Band Harmonies Project. My friends and I used to improvise all of the harmony and call-and-response vocal interplay in songs; having them charted is amazing.

Rack
Aug 5, 2003

I've misunderstood what a lion is.

Grimey Drawer
This may be a dumb question, but can the game support 3 connected guitars, guitar/bass/keys-on-guitar? There's a couple customs I was going to try to make that have definitive 'second guitar' parts, but how restrictive the game is may change how I chart stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Yes, which is why there are some "rhythm guitar" customs out there, they put that part on Keys. You are required to use All Instruments Mode though (even if those are the only 3 instruments you have connected).

• Locked thread