Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Gatts posted:

gently caress it. Gwyenth as Iron Person, Chris Tucker as Cupid, Luis Guzman as Captain America, and a very confused and angry Mark Wahlberg. There's your new Avengers. You've got your armored person, you've got your "God," your immigrant turned American citizen and everyday person as representing America, and your Hulk.

A female lead too :unsmith:

Somewhere Kevin Feige is feeling really confused but doesn't know why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
I really hope we don't get another Iron Man movie. 3 was a pretty good ending to the series.

Strontosaurus
Sep 11, 2001

Gatts posted:

gently caress it. Gwyenth as Iron Person, Chris Tucker as Cupid, Luis Guzman as Captain America, and a very confused and angry Mark Wahlberg. There's your new Avengers. You've got your armored person, you've got your "God," your immigrant turned American citizen and everyday person as representing America, and your Hulk.

Mark Walhberg as Hulk, Matt Damon as Bruce Banner.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Jonah Hill as Bruce Banner, Channing Tatum as the Hulk.

Actually it's strange how well it works the other way around, too...

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Lobok posted:

Jonah Hill as Bruce Banner, Channing Tatum as the Hulk.

Actually it's strange how well it works the other way around, too...

Once Hill's fat again they can just remake The Incredible Bulk

Honestly though I hope they keep things going long enough that we start getting really insane stuff and full on, big budget What If movies

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I'd much rather see The Amazing Bulk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywaR-Lq_ayk

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Back to GotG, and I'm really, really ashamed I had to have the internet point out to me that it's basically Farscape: The Movie. We've got a cocky, leather jacket wearing jackass kidnapped from Earth and set adrift in the galaxy, a stoic lady raised to be an elite soldier, angry red guy with a thing for stabbing weapons out to avenge his dead wife, tall sentient plant and short animatronic smartmouth with a vicious streak.

Obviously, they should've put Del Toro in a gimp suit.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Timeless Appeal posted:

I really hope we don't get another Iron Man movie. 3 was a pretty good ending to the series.

Agreed. I want to see Stark again, but I don't need another Iron Man movie. Watched together, when its good, its so good you can ignore the bad stuff.

And it being Farscape is fine, because Farscape is obscure enough that it won't be a big thing, and rather than nerds going "ITS JUST FARSCAPE" they can go "you liked GoG? Check out Farscape, its very similar, and its all on netflix!". Who am I kidding? Nothing nerds love to do is poo poo over normals that intrude on their hobbies.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Favorite moment from the trailer

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

Gatts posted:

If they had guts I'd say let RDJ and Tony retire and get Don Cheadle or another actor and character entirely to take the role as Iron Man as long as it is interesting and well done and go in a new direction. Let Jarvis stick around as creating the suits or off hand mention Tony's supporting from the ether somewhere and maybe RDJ can cameo.

For the love of God, let's not do the same rear end origin story over and again.

I would love this approach. Maybe go back to that kid from Iron Man 3.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

New character pictures from Days of Future Past.

Quicksilver looks less like a member of the BK Kids' Club. Who's the top guy?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

zoux posted:

Colossus. Those uniforms are so generic looking. Also lovely masking job on Kitty's hair, jesus.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
beaten

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

zoux posted:

Those look a lot better, and i love the Fassbender Magneto costume. In that suit, Peter Dinklage looks like Mini-Ron Burgundy.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

teagone posted:

Colossus. Those uniforms are so generic looking. Also lovely masking job on Kitty's hair, jesus.

She's wearing a wedding veil made of hair. That's a thing, why shouldn't it be?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

twistedmentat posted:

In that suit, Peter Dinklage looks like Mini-Ron Burgundy.

gently caress, I can't stop laughing now.

Billy Idle
Sep 26, 2009

Timeless Appeal posted:

Why not, though? Stark learned not to be overly reliant on his tech, not that his tech was worthless.

edit: I mean, if Iron Man 4 sucks you can just ignore it, but if it's good we have another good Iron Man movie. Unless you're overly emotionally invested in the "legacy" of a movie franchise, I don't see why you care one way or the other if it's something you wouldn't see anyway.

(I bet you would see it.)

Billy Idle fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Feb 20, 2014

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Billy Idle posted:

Why not, though? Stark learned not to be overly reliant on his tech, not that his tech was worthless.
It just seemed like a good stopping place. I mean obviously there is more to Stark's arc with Avengers, but I was pretty happy with Iron Man 3 being the ending and I'd be happier with Downey spending his time on other projects and Marvel spending time on other heroes.

quote:

(I bet you would see it.)
I actually really only watch superhero movies if they have some good buzz around them. I've never seen Green Lantern for example.

Billy Idle
Sep 26, 2009

Timeless Appeal posted:

It just seemed like a good stopping place. I mean obviously there is more to Stark's arc with Avengers, but I was pretty happy with Iron Man 3 being the ending and I'd be happier with Downey spending his time on other projects and Marvel spending time on other heroes.
I actually really only watch superhero movies if they have some good buzz around them. I've never seen Green Lantern for example.

What if Don Cheadle took over? I mean I know everyone says Marvel will never make a tentpole movie with a black lead but that ironclad statement only holds true until they actually do it.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

teagone posted:

They are really bad. Why are they so bad! Also, are they trying to make Kitty's hair semi-incorporeal or something? That's all I can figure.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Singer hasn't gotten the memo that bright superhero costumes can translate really well to film, huh?

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Billy Idle posted:

What if Don Cheadle took over? I mean I know everyone says Marvel will never make a tentpole movie with a black lead but that ironclad statement only holds true until they actually do it.

I would be totally fine with this. He's charismatic as the dickens, and i think he could carry the hell out of a movie. Besides, war machine's pretty badass. I wouldn't mind seeing him in the avengers, either.

p.s, can we recast storm yet?

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Ignite Memories posted:

p.s, can we recast storm yet?

I bet that the sequel to DOFP will have young versions of the team from the original films. I think we can expect a recast for young Storm, Cyclops, Jean, etc.

radlum
May 13, 2013
I like Blink's look; I'm pretty sure she won't last more than two scenes, along with the other future mutants, but at least she looks distinct enough and I can hope we can get another Exiles comic at some point.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

What character is below Storm in those shots?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Sanschel posted:

Sunspot

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Sanschel posted:

Sunspot

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
The Fantastic Four have officially been cast: Miles Teller is Reed, Kate Mara is Sue, Michael B. Jordan is Johnny, and Jamie Bell is Ben.

Can't wait for all the "not racist but" comments about Jordan's casting. I think the most interesting thing about this is that all of the actors are in their 20's.

HorseRenoir fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Feb 20, 2014

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

HorseRenoir posted:

The Fantastic Four have officially been cast: Miles Teller is Reed, Kate Mara is Sue, Michael B. Jordan is Johnny, and Jamie Bell is Ben.

Can't wait for all the "not racist but" about Jordan's casting. I think the most interesting thing about this is that all of the actors are in their 20's.

Kate Mara is 32. Really dig that cast though! Not 100% with Reed just because I haven't seen his range yet.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

HorseRenoir posted:

Can't wait for all the "not racist but" about Jordan's casting. I think the most interesting thing about this is that all of the actors are in their 20's.

"I'm not racist, but isn't stealing roles from white people reverse racism? And isn't that just as bad? And shouldn't we exterminate the mongrel races?"

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

HorseRenoir posted:

Can't wait for all the "not racist but" comments about Jordan's casting. I think the most interesting thing about this is that all of the actors are in their 20's.

Yeah I'm not racist but they all seem pretty young. Especially Teller. He looks way too young (to me at least).

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
I'm not racist, but Jamie Bell seems like an odd choice for Ben Grimm, young or no.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

I think it's all pretty good casting for what is pretty clearly Ultimate FF casting inspiration.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

I like the casting for the most part. Kate Mara looks good blonde too :swoon: unlike Alba, whose complexion combined with blonde hair looked terrible. Jamie Bell as Grimm is kind of odd though, but I'm digging Jordan and Teller.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

teagone posted:

I like the casting. Kate Mara looks good blonde too :swoon: unlike Alba, whose complexion combined with blonde hair looked terrible.

I came out of the first movie going "How the hell did they make Jessica Alba look unattractive?". It felt like they just grabbed her because she was the it girl of the time. If it had been made in the early 90s we could have gotten Julia Roberts playing Sue.

Though question, who plays DOOM? DOOM DEMANDS TO KNOW! He better keep his loving mask on the whole movie.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Hugo Weaving. I want it to always be Hugo Weaving. I want to get toys of Red Skull, Dr. Doom, & Megatron and put them on a Hugo Weaving shelf.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

twistedmentat posted:

I came out of the first movie going "How the hell did they make Jessica Alba look unattractive?". It felt like they just grabbed her because she was the it girl of the time. If it had been made in the early 90s we could have gotten Julia Roberts playing Sue.

Though question, who plays DOOM? DOOM DEMANDS TO KNOW! He better keep his loving mask on the whole movie.

The rumour that has been going around for ages is that Doom will be a woman.

Strontosaurus
Sep 11, 2001

Waterhaul posted:

A female doctor? Ha ha!

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Waterhaul posted:

Josh Tank debunked it pretty hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Haha, Jamie Bell?

No, seriously. Jamie Bell? That's just *odd*.

• Locked thread