Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Relentlessboredomm posted:

I'm pimping this as hard as I can while it's on hiatus. I've rewatched a few of them and Morty does a lot better with the ladies than the show would indicate. I mean they all disappear/fail quickly or have puffy vaginas but for a 14yr old he's doing alright.

He's going to become an emotionally cold ladykiller with a drinking problem. Or something very close to the opposite of his dad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anony Mouse
Jan 30, 2005

A name means nothing on the battlefield. After a week, no one has a name.
Lipstick Apathy

Relentlessboredomm posted:

I'm pimping this as hard as I can while it's on hiatus. I've rewatched a few of them and Morty does a lot better with the ladies than the show would indicate. I mean they all disappear/fail quickly or have puffy vaginas but for a 14yr old he's doing alright.
The one he roofied with a love potion doesn't count, although before that incident she certainly didn't seem to mind Morty, and was even impressed that one time in the pilot when he popped out of an interdimensional portal in the cafeteria.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
Am I reading too deep into it if I take Rick's reality-jumping warning that "we only have about three or four more of these tops" as a joke on not being sure if they'd get picked up for a second season?

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Buzkashi posted:

Am I reading too deep into it if I take Rick's reality-jumping warning that "we only have about three or four more of these tops" as a joke on not being sure if they'd get picked up for a second season?

Pretty sure it's just a writer's joke that you can't use the Get Out Of Jail Free card more than a few times over the course of the show or the plots will stop having tension.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

Alan Smithee posted:

"Is he adding in the shading?"

"Oh he's trying!"
I was watching this episode again high with a couple of friends and it was a huge mistake thinking it would be funny. I kept freaking out about the insane scenario and how I would gently caress up exactly like Jerry faced with having someone with a screechy voice hovering over me and realizing their existence is pain unless I finish my work right now.

That said: A++ would fret over ridiculous cartoon scenarios again

A_Raving_Loon
Dec 12, 2008

Subtle
Quick to Anger

ultramiraculous posted:

Pretty sure it's just a writer's joke that you can't use the Get Out Of Jail Free card more than a few times over the course of the show or the plots will stop having tension.

Yeah, coming right after all the dialogue teasing about how the local Rick sure did come up with some kinda miraculous solution that restored the status quo, that line was definitely a tip directly to the audience that they will not make a habbit of this.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Planet Piss posted:

Holy crap that's awesome! Thanks for telling me, I don't have a Facebook so I'd have never known otherwise, haha

It must have been the power of the Meeseeks

No problem! I was watching it to see when it would pop up. I can screen cap the comments for you, if you so wish. Haha.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.
Y'know I've been thinking about whether Morty really should end up with Jessica. Specifically when you compare Morty to his dad.

Both Morty and Jerry have been shown to be extremely courageous and competent in an extreme situation, the former getting the attraction of all the ladies as a result, and the latter re-earning the admiration of his wife. And from what we've learned of Jerry and Beth's relationship, she dated a lot of jerks in high school who only wanted her for being pretty and popular, until sensitive Jerry came along and treated her right. And then she got pregnant and they had to get married, effectively meaning Jerry married his dream girl.

Only the relationship doesn't end at marriage, and it clearly has its rough patches, with Beth often wondering if she should leave him and telling him point blank that loving him can be hard work. See, Jerry is still something of a natural loser, unemployed and attempting to embrace his role of man of the house while largely failing at it. In a lot of ways, he's still that kid in high school admiring Beth from afar, afraid to take charge, nervously wondering if she likes him back (consider the simulation when he was unanimously praised for his apple pitch, and yet still doubted himself and went back to tell the exec what a fraud he was.) And that's basically who Morty is, being sort of dimwitted and nervous and all, good in a crisis situation, but sort of a loser in regular life. Makes you wonder what would happen if Jessica actually took a liking to him for being unlike all those jerks, like that jock in the love potion episode.

So, in summation, perhaps Morty should heed Rick's warning to "break the cycle," lest he repeat it.

Planet Piss
Dec 18, 2006

hey you kids, get out of my moat, it was not meant to be played in

CelticPredator posted:

No problem! I was watching it to see when it would pop up. I can screen cap the comments for you, if you so wish. Haha.

Sure, if there's anything interesting! I bet it's all quotes from the show tho, haha

OmegaBR posted:

Y'know I've been thinking about whether Morty really should end up with Jessica. Specifically when you compare Morty to his dad.

Both Morty and Jerry have been shown to be extremely courageous and competent in an extreme situation, the former getting the attraction of all the ladies as a result, and the latter re-earning the admiration of his wife. And from what we've learned of Jerry and Beth's relationship, she dated a lot of jerks in high school who only wanted her for being pretty and popular, until sensitive Jerry came along and treated her right. And then she got pregnant and they had to get married, effectively meaning Jerry married his dream girl.

Only the relationship doesn't end at marriage, and it clearly has its rough patches, with Beth often wondering if she should leave him and telling him point blank that loving him can be hard work. See, Jerry is still something of a natural loser, unemployed and attempting to embrace his role of man of the house while largely failing at it. In a lot of ways, he's still that kid in high school admiring Beth from afar, afraid to take charge, nervously wondering if she likes him back (consider the simulation when he was unanimously praised for his apple pitch, and yet still doubted himself and went back to tell the exec what a fraud he was.) And that's basically who Morty is, being sort of dimwitted and nervous and all, good in a crisis situation, but sort of a loser in regular life. Makes you wonder what would happen if Jessica actually took a liking to him for being unlike all those jerks, like that jock in the love potion episode.

So, in summation, perhaps Morty should heed Rick's warning to "break the cycle," lest he repeat it.

I kinda hope he breaks the cycle, if this show has a moral it's pretty consistently "Be careful what you wish for". So yeah, I agree with everything you've said. If Jessica ends up with him it's not going to end well.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It's worse then I thought. But you did get almost 300 people liking it, so that's something haha.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

He's 14. He has crushes and unintentionally finds himself in sexual or pseudo-sexual situations. It's kind of par for the course.

I wouldn't read anything big into it. It's world-building, not destiny.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

5 minute sketch. This wait is driving me crazy haha.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CelticPredator posted:

5 minute sketch. This wait is driving me crazy haha.

Riddick & Morty

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

bango skank posted:

Riddick & Morty

Was wondering about the baldness. Is Morty supposed to be Johns

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Morty is Morty. :D

I might even make a horrible copyright infringing t-shirt of it. I feel like it could stick.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

http://vimeo.com/67769134

JesusFists
Feb 14, 2005

ong-time listener, first-time caller.

Episode 3 of the R&M Rushed Licensed Adventure is now out! Looks like it's not just Roiland doing VA on this one...

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I rewatched the Inception episode last night. It didn't do a lot for me the first time but man was it good the second.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Waltzing Along posted:

I rewatched the Inception episode last night. It didn't do a lot for me the first time but man was it good the second.

It doesn't make any sense!!!!

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

zoux posted:

Don't think about it

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

zoux posted:

The only thing that didn't make sense was the dogs weren't eating cats.

Planet Piss
Dec 18, 2006

JesusFists posted:

Episode 3 of the R&M Rushed Licensed Adventure is now out! Looks like it's not just Roiland doing VA on this one...

Cool, you get to play as Rick in this one! This is the funniest one yet

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Edit: Nevermind- I'm stoopid.

Chapter 3 rules.

CelticPredator fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Feb 26, 2014

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
The end of the chapter fits with the show perfectly. :allears:

Edit: How far in are you? (use spoilers if necessary, obviously)
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

hcreight fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Feb 26, 2014

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

tell me how to beat it. I'm so lost. :(

FartGhost
Mar 7, 2013

Here's a walkthrough:

http://video.adultswim.com/rick-and-morty/special/walkthru.html

Spoilers I guess.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

CelticPredator posted:

tell me how to beat it. I'm so lost. :(
I almost got stuck too. I'm pretty sure I know the point you're stuck at. You need to combine two items, and one of them is obvious. You're trying to combine it with something in the inventory, because that seems like the smart way to solve the puzzle. That doesn't work though. Instead, try to think of an alternate way to do what you need to do, using something you haven't used yet.

Explicit solution: You need to cut the DD bra in half, but the scissors don't work. Throw them into the fan instead.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

gently caress! That's it. Haha. I couldn't make that connection.

Great ending.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Episode three was great. Anyone else notice how Morty is speaking like Rick while exploring Summers room?

I would love a full scale adventure of this sort.

my2k
Nov 11, 2004

I WISH I WASN'T SUCH A LARDASS :'(
okay, not sure if this has been posted yet but I haven't seen it:

http://video.adultswim.com/rick-and-morty/next-episode-wieners-and-holes.html

the next episode- Rick and Summer go on an adventure, Rick tries to convince Summer that it's not a good idea to go through a hole without a wiener. I'm sure it's going to be way more clever than this preview seems to show it as! Don't gently caress up your winning streak, fellas!

Planet Piss
Dec 18, 2006

This was posted on Twitter recently:

I don't know what to think of it, but I'm excited

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

M....Morty

You gotta lick my balls

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Planet Piss posted:

Good, I don't love the show because it's a loving lighthearted romp.

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

Planet Piss posted:

I can't wait for the rest of this season :getin:

Sakarja
Oct 19, 2003

"Our masters have not heard the people's voice for generations and it is much, much louder than they care to remember."

Capitalism is the problem. Anarchism is the answer. Join an anarchist union today!

Planet Piss posted:

Good. I hope they spend the entire second season trying to traumatize these people as much as possible.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Maybe Morty is going to just straight up murder Rick. There's only so many adventure a kid can take, you know?

The second season will be a slice of life comedy where Morty tries to navigate high school while finding new places to hide his grandfathers rotting corpse.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Hey Ma, who's that band I like? Oh yeah, Hall & Oates.
Considering how dark the show has gotten already, the promise of it getting "worse" excites me. Does that make me a bad person?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

I'm certainly curious how it can get worse considering Morty has already had trigger warnings and existential crises

"(burp)y-you gotta lick my balls Morty"

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
"Mr. Meeseeks, please sit here and count to infinity."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Hey Ma, who's that band I like? Oh yeah, Hall & Oates.

Eifert Posting posted:

"Mr. Meeseeks, please sit here and count to infinity."

"Mr. Meeseeks, please count to 10 by 3's."

Wait, would happen if you gave a Meeseek's an impossible task?

• Locked thread