Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GodofDiscord
Sep 5, 2013

Not the strongest, but the cutest.
B. I want to see Miho, specifically her frog doll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

B for frog.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Fudou, Gunzou. The Face of the Franchise Killer. 2004.
I have to admit, I wasn't actually expecting anyone to vote D, I was just submitting her name at the end for jokes. Hurray for actual characterization!

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

Easy mode is boring! Let's go after Miho instead.

Now that I've gotten some sleep, I feel like I need to make sure everyone knows the relative difficulties of these 4 (5?) paths, just so everyone understands exactly what they're voting for. I'll edit this into the poll, as well.

Kotoko difficulty: Normal (somewhat hard if Jun becomes your rival)
Miho difficulty: Normal (Hard if Takumi becomes your rival. "Oh God Why" Nintendo Hard under certain circumstances. "Load a previous save, this one's dead" under one specific set of circumstances)
Kaori difficulty: Normal (somewhat hard if you want Jun or Takumi to end up with her)
Hikari difficulty: Cruise Control

vibratingsheep fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Feb 20, 2014

booksnake
May 4, 2009

we who are crowned with the crest of wisdom
Hey, you have no one to blame but yourself for the first vote, because you advertised option A as showing off the most improved story. :colbert:

But I'll vote D. I'm banking on the writing having a significant investment in *obvious main heroine* to keep it interesting.

sleepy.eyes
Sep 14, 2007

Like a pig in a chute.
D. Sometimes the path of least resistance is best.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
B. I like the cute frog.

Kelsing
Oct 24, 2010

Did you see that, Zach?
D. Cruise Control ENGAGE. :c00lbert:

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Artix posted:

Hey, we had several childhood friends, as long as we pick one of them, we're still technically fitting the bill, right? :v: Go with B.

I support B.

Also chiming in to say that this LP is fantastic!

CaptainMcSarcasm
Oct 3, 2013
B. because it was hilarious when Miho asked God for a prince, and Goon asked if she wanted him to take care of that for her. I'm hoping for an entire route of that.

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire
Ultimately, I have to vote B, but I'm also down with D with the caveat that we get to hit some of the more interesting bits of the other girls' characterizations. It really seems like Hikari is already into you and doesn't have any terribly interesting personality left to put forward.

Still, I'm enormously curious what can make Miho's route so difficult/impossible.

kissekatt
Apr 20, 2005

I have tasted the fruit.

TurnipFritter posted:

A, because if Hikaru is the clingy one you should date her best friend instead.
This.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

vibratingsheep posted:

Miho difficulty: Normal (Hard if Takumi becomes your rival. "Oh God Why" Nintendo Hard under certain circumstances. "Load a previous save, this one's dead" under one specific set of circumstances)

Yeah, this is just making me more firm in my decision for Miho, now I'm just curious as to what the circumstances are that make a Miho run that much harder.

CandyCrazy
Oct 20, 2012

quote:

"Oh God Why" Nintendo Hard under certain circumstances. "Load a previous save, this one's dead" under one specific set of circumstances

You can't just say that and not expect me to be curious. B

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

TurnipFritter posted:

I'm might partial to the Megumi ending myself.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0N6cQw0a-M

Before I forget: for those of you who don't know what this is from, this is from the Castlevania arcade game. The amount of effort they put into the gag ending for this game is impressive!

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Funnily enough, one of the guys in Tokimeki Memorial 2 has pretty much the same storyline as Kaori, except with BASEBALL.

I'm gonna have to vote Miho Because of the frog plush. (Also reasons.) Childhood promises are a dime a dozen in this game, but there's only one that has a childhood promise with a frog doll, too. :frogbon:

Sketchie
Nov 14, 2012

I've expressed my interest in getting to know Miho earlier in the thread, but I'll say it again.

I vote for B.

kissekatt
Apr 20, 2005

I have tasted the fruit.

Metal Gear: Browalker

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

I choose B because you should suffer.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Having just played Tokimemo 2 Puzzledama and discovering her response to nearly winning a match, my decision to vote frogchick has only been deepened.

Achernar
Sep 2, 2011
C

Kaori was the first ending I got in this game and would like to see it again.

Kotoko might be interesting, but only if you can hook up Hikari with one of your bros.

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Why does Khajiit have to go to prison this time?
B because you need to suffer! :unsmigghh:

NullBlack
Oct 29, 2011

I'm as confused as you are.
It sounds like you're doing multiple runs. If so, D for one of them.

aidenyx
Jan 15, 2008

C seems pretty chill.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
C for someone new.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
D, the others seem kind of boring and I guess you deserve a break after Shiori.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
Going for D for our first time since it looks easy and since we did the hardest route the first time around in the first game might do the other way in the 2nd game.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

vibratingsheep posted:

Hates Western culture so much that she's allergic to curry.

That's so bizarre that I have to vote A.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

A

No way dating the best friend of the clingy childhood friend could go wrong!

Dr. Psychobabble
Jun 14, 2009
B

B is for the Bfrog.
Though if there's a second run I'm now curious about how the Hikari story goes. In the first game Shiori is the childhood friend and heroine by default, but she does absolutely nothing to earn the spot. But this game just gives you so many hooks to go for Hikari, it's nuts.

The idea of rivals surprised me, considering the few games of this genre I know. Are each of the friends' targets determined through pure randomness? Also, when are they determined? I imagine it would be annoying if you set up a ~Perfect Childhood~ save for multiple runs and you have to do it all over again just because the rival picked one of the targets.

Lolance
Sep 15, 2010
C. From the intro she seems to have the most personality and fun things going on.

Also, in my experience, girls who can cook super well are the craziest. Might be true here as well!

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
B because you need to suffer for our amusement.

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.
A true lazy gamer would do the easiest thing, D.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

FractalSandwich posted:

And her surname is the traditional Japanese name for one of the lunar months, and her given name comes from the name of a traditional Japanese musical instrument?

I shouldn't let this one go without a post. A lot of the character names are obvious puns or character indicators, so here's a sampling from 1 and 2.

鏡魅羅/Kagami Mira: The "Kagami" character means mirror, and "Mira" is a homophone for "Mirror", so the Looks character's name is Mirror Mirror.
館林見晴/Tatebayashi Miharu: Miharu is a pun on a different writing of 見張る, which means "to watch over", apropos of a stalker.
古式ゆかり/Koshiki Yukari: Koshiki means "old style", as befits a wealthy, traditional lady like Yukari.
紐緒結奈/Himoo Yuina: "Himo" means string, "o" also means thread, and "yui" means binding. Take that as you will!

陽ノ下光/Hinomoto Hikari: Means "Light under the sun." Good thing she grew up to be so cheerful!
白雪美帆/Shirayuki Miho: Her family name means "Snow White".
赤井ほむら/Akai Homura: Her name means "Red Flame", as befits a hot-blooded fan of superheroes
寿美幸/Kotobuki Miyuki: Her name is comprised of "longevity", "beauty", and "good fortune", which is in stark contrast to how unlucky she is in her daily life.
穂刈純一郎/Hokari Jun'ichirou: I already talked about how the "Jun" in his name means innocence. The Hokari in his name is thought to be a play on the sports drink Pocari Sweat, which I swear is a real thing and not just something the Japanese made up to torment foreigners.

Dr. Psychobabble posted:

B is for the Bfrog.

The idea of rivals surprised me, considering the few games of this genre I know. Are each of the friends' targets determined through pure randomness? Also, when are they determined? I imagine it would be annoying if you set up a ~Perfect Childhood~ save for multiple runs and you have to do it all over again just because the rival picked one of the targets.

A little clarification on how the rivals system works:

-If you walk home from school with Takumi in year 2, he will tell you three names, and one of those will be his target. You'll find out for sure in year 3.
-Jun will try to go out with whatever girl joins your class in year 2, which is always the girl with the lowest affection for you (this is kind of a catchup mechanic). This is also why he gravitates toward Kotoko, because she starts out not liking you.

So you can reload until Takumi tells you three names which do not include your target. It's... well, it's a thing. Also, Takumi gravitates more toward Miyuki than Miho, but he's basically the biggest threat in the game, since Jun is basically a non-factor.

vibratingsheep fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Feb 20, 2014

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
How soon into the game can you know if B will require you to start over?

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

FredMSloniker posted:

How soon into the game can you know if B will require you to start over?

It Depends(tm). Takumi is a problem, and it's possible to reload and reset until he doesn't target Miho. The rest of the difficulty is honestly up to the vote, because each of these girls has a major story branch midway through.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

vibratingsheep posted:

I shouldn't let this one go without a post. A lot of the character names are obvious puns or character indicators, so here's a sampling from 1 and 2.

赤井ほむら/Akai Homura: Her name means "Red Flame", as befits a hot-blooded fan of superheroes
I'm sorry, what? Now I feel ashamed for not voting earlier, she's the obvious choice!

I'll go with B to join the Frog Train instead.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
C, Yae Kaori.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

I'm sorry, what? Now I feel ashamed for not voting earlier, she's the obvious choice!

We should go for Homura on the second run. None of this normal romances here folks :colbert:

Crepuscule Adepte
Feb 21, 2008

Why is my hair purple? It's from the blood of everyone that lost a bet against me.

Nondevor posted:

We should go for Homura on the second run. None of this normal romances here folks :colbert:

No way, we should go with Miyuki to maximize sheep's suffering.

Anyways, I'll vote for B. Let's go with Miho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rogue Norwegian
Apr 6, 2011
B for maximum frog!

• Locked thread