Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Someone give links for the PS3 friends list and 360 friend list.

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvAddedvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

You should probably put a link at the top of the OP, it's hard to find where it is and I think a lot of people are missing it (tons of people are still posting their info within the thread).

Also you wrote "360 allows for online + couch co-op simultaneously while the 360 does not", that bolded 360 needs to be PS3.

Assuming the population ratios are accurate I'll likely be picking this up digitally on PS3. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

the 360 guys might not be adding themselves to the spreadsheet since they set up a metatag.

you should definitely get it on ps3 though :v:

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
I added myself to the spreadsheet but I'm not going to add anyone else and I think my list is full. I don't even know what I'm doing in this world, but this game is fun.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Awesome! posted:

the 360 guys might not be adding themselves to the spreadsheet since they set up a metatag.

you should definitely get it on ps3 though :v:

:doh: of course, forgot about that.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Played a hardest mission with my wing diver and got a level 25 laser chainsaw.

JFC I want this weapon in our normal difficulty campaign. The item lockout is frustrating, but I can see why they do it. Just wish it was a LITTLE more lenient on level ranges allowed.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

I wonder what unlocks the ability to turn off weapon/armor limits when creating a room. Someone said they played in a game where the host had unlocked that stuff.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
I made thingy for weapon grinding: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3heZM0SEnQ

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

Philthy posted:

Played a hardest mission with my wing diver and got a level 25 laser chainsaw.

JFC I want this weapon in our normal difficulty campaign. The item lockout is frustrating, but I can see why they do it. Just wish it was a LITTLE more lenient on level ranges allowed.

Is this online multiplayer only or something? I can use any weapon on any difficulty but I haven't tried online yet.

And yeah, that weapon loving owns.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

rawdog pozfail posted:

Is this online multiplayer only or something? I can use any weapon on any difficulty but I haven't tried online yet.

Yeah, mission and difficulty setting online determine what level weapons you can use and how much your maximum armor can be.

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

Deep in my dreams and I still hear her callin'
If you're alone, I'll come home.

Dumb question - where do I enter this special ops pack code to redeem it?

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Obsurveyor posted:

Maybe it's different yet again for split screen but this definitely isn't true for online. I'm getting a drop for every box picked up. I rarely pick up anything and still see 5 or more drops and I know there weren't 50+ weapon drops on these missions.

What he said is definitely true for couch co-op and I really wish they had done it the same way they had for online. Vehicles are really wonky about picking up crates, and having to get out, gather up nearby stuff, then get back in is really annoying if it's got a long startup time like the mechs do. Or god forbid, a helicopter.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Bussamove posted:

What he said is definitely true for couch co-op and I really wish they had done it the same way they had for online. Vehicles are really wonky about picking up crates, and having to get out, gather up nearby stuff, then get back in is really annoying if it's got a long startup time like the mechs do. Or god forbid, a helicopter.

Yeah, it is absolutely true for couch coop. Online seems to be a different (and better) beast. What's weird is that it seems like Armor pickups apply to everyone even in couch coop, but weapons don't. Then again as far as I can tell in couch everything saves to just Player One's file so I guess the point is to make it harder to farm up all the weapons for all four classes. For...Reasons?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

neurotech posted:

Dumb question - where do I enter this special ops pack code to redeem it?

On PS3: sign in to the store, select "redeem code" on the left. Or through the webstore, select your usename's pulldown and select "redeem code" from there.

On XBL: Press the Xbox button on the controller, there's an option somewhere in there to redeem code. USB keyboard recommended because holy poo poo 25 characters.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

Yeah, it is absolutely true for couch coop. Online seems to be a different (and better) beast. What's weird is that it seems like Armor pickups apply to everyone even in couch coop, but weapons don't. Then again as far as I can tell in couch everything saves to just Player One's file so I guess the point is to make it harder to farm up all the weapons for all four classes. For...Reasons?

Yeah, that sounds like anti-farming. I could easily start up a two player split screen, and just let one of them sit somewhere safe and snag up weapons for two classes at once. It makes some sense, if everything only saves to one player's save.

LeFishy
Jul 21, 2010
So what I haven't been able to gather is this. I'm playing couch coop with my buddy, I'm Wing Diver and he's a Fencer. If I come back later to play Fencer will I have the unlocks he has earned while we've been playing coop or does it only save player 1's progress. This is on a PS3 so it would all be on my account.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Obsurveyor posted:

Yeah, that sounds like anti-farming. I could easily start up a two player split screen, and just let one of them sit somewhere safe and snag up weapons for two classes at once. It makes some sense, if everything only saves to one player's save.

It's sad, but true. Not too big of a deal, though, as it's a lot easier to coordinate on the couch. You can just point out a drop to a buddy and have them grab it, or if someone has a solid loadout and doesn't want to change they can skip boxes for a while.

LeFishy posted:

So what I haven't been able to gather is this. I'm playing couch coop with my buddy, I'm Wing Diver and he's a Fencer. If I come back later to play Fencer will I have the unlocks he has earned while we've been playing coop or does it only save player 1's progress. This is on a PS3 so it would all be on my account.

I'm not sure on PS3, but everything both players do is saved to Player 1. So if you go back to play Fencer later you'll have all of the Fencer stuff unlocked plus whatever you have for Wing Diver.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

LeFishy posted:

On 360 it saves the weapons they pick up, not certain but I'd figure it's the same on PS3.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Woo after not dropping it off yesterday again due to the front door to my apt building being locked (:argh:) UPS finally delivered the goods. Now I just have to tick off a few more hours at work and I'll be able to play my new city destruction insect extermination simulator.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Just beat the game on Normal as Fencer, totally solo. Although I had to play the last mission in the most desperate way possible. But since it fit the narrative, it felt okay.

But seriously though (major spoilers for the late late game missions, including ending): The game got SO drat GRIM later on. Your operator freaking out on the mission with the second Argo about there being NO ONE ELSE LEFT was really goddamn depressing. Also goddammit O'Hara you were such a cool guy why'd you have to sacrifice yourself like that? The game ended on a hopeful note, of course, but still that poo poo was to the loving WIRE. I loved it. But I didn't get a cool weapon for clearing the game, does that not happen anymore?

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe
I unlocked the helicopter for the Air Raider and palled around with a pubbie Wing Diver for 10 or so missions, and holy poo poo! We had a fairly similar dynamic that the power suits have with the ground units, except far more mobile. We were unleashing so much carnage so fast we'd actually have to stop and screw around so the other people playing with us could get a chance to catch up and have some fun.

I even managed to shoot down a UFO with my heli which was pretty good feeling.

Yalborap
Oct 13, 2012
Goddamn, I'm getting my rear end kicked as the Air Raider in mission 28. There's just too much stuff and not enough between me and them at my current level. :(

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Infinity Gaia posted:

Just beat the game on Normal as Fencer, totally solo. Although I had to play the last mission in the most desperate way possible. But since it fit the narrative, it felt okay.

But seriously though (major spoilers for the late late game missions, including ending): The game got SO drat GRIM later on. Your operator freaking out on the mission with the second Argo about there being NO ONE ELSE LEFT was really goddamn depressing. Also goddammit O'Hara you were such a cool guy why'd you have to sacrifice yourself like that? The game ended on a hopeful note, of course, but still that poo poo was to the loving WIRE. I loved it. But I didn't get a cool weapon for clearing the game, does that not happen anymore?

There's 8 or so missions you can only play online, so technically you're not quite done yet. No idea on the weapon thing though.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

GOT A EXTRA TITTY posted:

There's 8 or so missions you can only play online, so technically you're not quite done yet. No idea on the weapon thing though.

Eh I got my trophy for full mission clear on Normal with Fencer so those missions probably don't count towards much.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

To the Ravagers humans could just be bugs that get in the way of spreading giant bugs. :downs:

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

randombattle posted:

To the Ravagers humans could just be bugs that get in the way of spreading giant bugs. :downs:

The horrible translation and hammy voice acting makes things so much better, and to hell with anyone that says otherwise.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Bussamove posted:

The horrible translation and hammy voice acting makes things so much better, and to hell with anyone that says otherwise.

From import footage I knew the gameplay was solid, but this was my main concern.

Game does not disappoint in the slightest. I'm only halfway finished with unlocking stages (took a minute with lv11 to get better guns) and it's incredibly fun. Having played GDF I know it's just going to get more intense.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe
AIR RAID BANZAI!!

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Fencer is so much fun, but does he only dash horizontally if in combat or am I missing something?

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe

Dj Meow Mix posted:

Fencer is so much fun, but does he only dash horizontally if in combat or am I missing something?

You have to have a melee weapon equipped. If you have a gun selected you'll just hop up in the air.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Bussamove posted:

From what I can gather, the translation is pretty accurate. Along with the ham.

You know what it reminds me of? Axe Cop. Every character seems to have this kind of childlike earnestness to them, especially the EDF troopers. I was doing an underground mission, and one guy says (if I remember right) "I used to think basements were cool, but this isn't cool at all!". They're like heavily armed six-year-olds and I want to pet them and protect them all. They're halfway between :downs: and :kimchi:

Also, best exchange:

Professor: "Giant insects like to be near water. They need water."
Commander: "But on earth, there is no water... for aliens."

Like I said - Axe Cop.

Dominic White fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Feb 21, 2014

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
It seems like they had a name for the bugs, such as with the Ravagers, but instead just replaced every instance of the word with 'Giant Insects'.

"What are giant insects doing here?!"

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Jonny Retro posted:

You have to have a melee weapon equipped. If you have a gun selected you'll just hop up in the air.

:downs: Oh that makes a lot more sense. God drat Fencer is so much fun!

general chaos
May 20, 2001

Infinity Gaia posted:

Eh I got my trophy for full mission clear on Normal with Fencer so those missions probably don't count towards much.

In EDF 2017, there was a specific weapon that would only be unlocked when you cleared every mission on each difficulty. Did you manage to catch what weapon that might have been for the Fencer on normal?

Rollie the Guar
Sep 12, 2011

You can't change nature, Jack.
A 25 meter long tank. With a main cannon that sends it hurtling back 50 feet. :flashfap:

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

general chaos posted:

In EDF 2017, there was a specific weapon that would only be unlocked when you cleared every mission on each difficulty. Did you manage to catch what weapon that might have been for the Fencer on normal?

Either it counts the online-only missions for the weapon unlock, or they removed that particular feature from the game, because I didn't get anything for clearing Normal.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
God is it annoying when Multiplayer has restrictions for weapons, yet the group makes us do infernal difficulty with 1-10 guns. I WANT TO USE MY HIGH GEAR STUFF TO MOW THE ENEMY DOWN, GUYS.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Did anyone else buy this in Canada for the 360?

Mine shipped late so I ended up buying it on Live, and planned to return the copy I get in the mail. It just came in today, and it sounds like there's something loose in there. Feels too heavy to be a disc but I have no idea what it is. I can't open it to check.

Did the disc come on a tray or something? Maybe that broke loose somehow.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
When do the vehicles show up? I think I'm on mission 40 or so and none yet.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

haveblue posted:

When do the vehicles show up? I think I'm on mission 40 or so and none yet.

Vehicles are now exclusive to Air Raider class only.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Neo Helbeast posted:

Vehicles are now exclusive to Air Raider class only.

It really kind of sucks that underground missions really hamstring Air Raiders. We should get our vehicle spawned immediately but only get one.