Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Why cookie Rocket posted:

You're probably welcome to it, but the condition doesn't look stellar and I have no idea if it's complete.

It isn't complete, it's missing the six clear red orbs that go into the side and the tail sword.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

catch22
Feb 17, 2006
Got this guy today

It's the KO sold by Aces toy store, and it seems be very high quality. No stickers applied yet

catch22 fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Feb 20, 2014

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

catch22 posted:

Got this guy today

It's the KO sold by Aces toy store, and it seems be very high quality. No stickers applied yet

Oh poo poo, he's back in stock with his proper blue colors?! I can't pass this up.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

The_Doctor posted:

So it would appear my eBay seller is now sending me a Sideswipe. With no mention of returning Red Alert... :dance:

Hey 2 for 1 for what? £35 all in. Red Alert 3rd shift's got his minor probs but I like him.

Also I have an Optimash Prime. I'll also get that new one too with the cab face.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Fingers crossed, I ordered MP-15 from a guy in China. At least I got them for less than $70.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Why cookie Rocket posted:

You're probably welcome to it, but the condition doesn't look stellar and I have no idea if it's complete.

It's missing the sword and the red spheres that go in its shoulders and feet. Also, the feet aren't transformed correctly.

e: oh hey page after that one :v:

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

The Taint Reaper posted:

Tigerzord is sorta useless because if you have Tor you just open tor up and store the Tigerzord inside and nobody knows it's combined to the ultra zord.

Wasn't there some pyramid Zord that basically did that exclusively? Saw a video on Zord combinations, and could only laugh at that.

On Armada Starscream, that panel only covers the front of the head and not the back? The back of the head is what is bothering me, it seems lazy and jarring that the top of the plane is broken up by that one part. I'm probably just being overly nit-picky though, because usually the top of the jet is what they try their hardest to get right.

I've been seeing a lot of the legends 2 packs in stores lately where there were none, so hopefully cosmos is only a short while away. Same with the new Kre-o D&D stuff, so hopefully Wave 4 of the Kreons and Computron and Menesor aren't too far off either.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Anora posted:

Wasn't there some pyramid Zord that basically did that exclusively? Saw a video on Zord combinations, and could only laugh at that.

Pyramidas, but in fairness that's only in his robot mode. He has a carrier mode where everything is visible.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Hobby Search has the Takara Tomy Metroplex discounted to 11,400 yen atm if you really wanted that one over the Hasbro one but balked at the price
http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10224880

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE

Other posted:

Hobby Search has the Takara Tomy Metroplex discounted to 11,400 yen atm if you really wanted that one over the Hasbro one but balked at the price
http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10224880

Shipping cost to my place: 19000 yen.

Holy lol.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
Sorry I think I asked before, but is there a KO version of the Datsun mold (any of the three)? I just got ALERT here and it's good enough for me.

Would definitely buy a KO Soundwave...

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Cobalt60 posted:

Sorry I think I asked before, but is there a KO version of the Datsun mold (any of the three)? I just got ALERT here and it's good enough for me.

Not yet, but I'm sure there will be one.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Anora posted:

On Armada Starscream, that panel only covers the front of the head and not the back? The back of the head is what is bothering me, it seems lazy and jarring that the top of the plane is broken up by that one part. I'm probably just being overly nit-picky though, because usually the top of the jet is what they try their hardest to get right.
Top of Generation Armada Starscream's jet mode

Top of original Armada Starscream's jet mode

It's not like it's a realistic jet mode anyway, if this was an F-15 or an F-22 with a big orange panel in the middle I'd be right there with you but for a space jet I don't think it's bad at all. If you want something to be your definitive Starscream I wouldn't recommend this guy anyway, he's a good looking figure but he's clearly Armada Starscream and not the real Starscream. If you compare it to the mold it's based on, having the head showing is getting it right.

In my opinion the ultimate representations of Starscream are the masterpiece figure for an earth-mode Starscream and Galaxy Force Starscream for a good looking Cybertronian (needs more blue though). Both are going to be expensive as hell at this point. Classics Starscream is good too of course but I assume you're familiar with that mold since I don't think it's possible to be a Transfomers fan and not have at least three recolors of it.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...

o... kay?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Well I had wondered what'd happened to FE Brawn... but that Starscream is out-there.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
He just needs a gun form and he'll be pulling a reverse Megatron on his alt-modes now (with exceptions, beast wars blah blah.) Where's the Legends figure of Megatron with Starscream as a gun/plane.

Also, Thanks Knormal. None of the reviews I watched seem to point that out, a lot of them are too excited to just have the figure in had to go into depth if they like it or not. Which makes me die a little inside when I realize I'm watching reviews of toys for harsh criticism.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I hope that Brawn comes stateside. I know we're getting the legends guy, but we need more trucks of any kind because holy hell too many planes...

Besides a Double Dealer repaint of Starscream is just really REALLY pushing it. I mean we have enough Starscreams.

SpazmasterX posted:

Pyramidas, but in fairness that's only in his robot mode. He has a carrier mode where everything is visible.

It should also be mentioned that Pyramidas is around the same size as Fort Max and Generations Metroplex. He's massive and has giant weird shaped fists. But he also turns into a Giant Pyramid and that alone is worth having to throw in with the rest of your base transformers.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Feb 21, 2014

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

The Generations Armada Starscream mold with some retooling would make a pretty good Pharma from More than Meets the Eye, I think. I know it's a longshot but a mold used three times is far from unheard of and he's as major a character in the comics as Scoop, the Minicons, etc.

Speaking of MtMtE, I know there's a lot of excitement with 'Season 2' based on those cover shots...but I hope they get to some 'season one' questions quick!

Like the Necrobot's list that had Magnus, Hound, Chromedome, Drift, etc on it.

And the message apparently sent back through time with the list of things not to do. Most of them seem to have been played out, but 'Don't look in the casket' still has me scratching my head.

And when Fort Max is having flashbacks about Overlord, Overlord mentions that Aequitas is just a big decoy covering something else.

And so on.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:

GrimGypsy posted:

The Generations Armada Starscream mold with some retooling would make a pretty good Pharma from More than Meets the Eye, I think. I know it's a longshot but a mold used three times is far from unheard of and he's as major a character in the comics as Scoop, the Minicons, etc.

Speaking of MtMtE, I know there's a lot of excitement with 'Season 2' based on those cover shots...but I hope they get to some 'season one' questions quick!

Like the Necrobot's list that had Magnus, Hound, Chromedome, Drift, etc on it.

And the message apparently sent back through time with the list of things not to do. Most of them seem to have been played out, but 'Don't look in the casket' still has me scratching my head.

And when Fort Max is having flashbacks about Overlord, Overlord mentions that Aequitas is just a big decoy covering something else.

And so on.

Roberts has 5 seasons planned out. Dont expect those anytime soon.

Season 2 seems really heavy on IDW changing the status quo and I don't think it will be as good until Roberts gets back to his planned stuff.

Iced Cocoa
Jul 14, 2011

There is also the thing where the message has not yet been sent. The whole casket thing reminds me of the whole Scavenger-con saga where they do deal with Grimlock being in stasis, while "don't look in the basement" is because of Overlord.

The whole Aequitas is a bit stranger. I don't have the issues at hand right now, but it was basically a supercomputer that calculated guild and was used in trials over Autobots, and kept all the data of their crimes which the Wreckers were sent to recover. But given how Overlord is, I feel more that he didn't care one bit about Aequitas, hellbent on getting Megatron to notice him so his "excuse" to torture Fort Max was pretty much killing time, Aequitas or not. Basically Aequitas was never his goal to begin with.

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

Yeah, Grimlock was in a 'casket' I suppose. Huh.

Well, Overlord explicitly told Fort Max while torturing him that Aequitas was a 'decoy' and that he wanted what it was built on top of or something like that. I hope they do something with it.

What are the odds they eventually tie Unicron into it? That'd be a pretty worthy season-end cross-over saga; and while it's been done to death I imagine Roberts could make it really interesting. But the bodycount, oh dear the bodycount.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I don't Roberts is going to go to the unicron well. I think he has other plans, given what was shown past the portal.

GrimGypsy posted:

Well, Overlord explicitly told Fort Max while torturing him that Aequitas was a 'decoy' and that he wanted what it was built on top of or something like that. I hope they do something with it.
Overlord is also stupid and evil, and not really the least bit sensible, so the idea of a guilt machine has no real bearing on his thinking. It's like introducing a toaster to a culture that doesn't have sliced bread.

Maybe Tyrest did set it up as a decoy, but Roberts painted Tyrest as one of the paragons for a long time until he cracked after the trials, so it'll be a weird one when it shows up if it does.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I must have it

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

That's not "evil grimace", that's "Ow, my balls".

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
He looks like he's taking a huge poo poo while constipated.

Well, I went ahead and ordered that KO Browning. You know what these KO guys really, really need to repro? Some of these guys.

The microman binocular dude.
http://www.microforever.com/MC19scopeman.htm

Microman Magnum guy.

The Diaclone Jet\Helicopter triple changer.

They also made some guys who turned into locks and eggs who never came out in the Transformers line. Put on some reprolabels and bam, you have some long lost G1 guys.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
In an alternate universe, that Magnum guy was their Megatron. That was a better universe.

Edit: On a completely different note, that FE Bulkhead with a Brawn head is back, and some brilliant madman at Takara has given him a Doubledealer-based Starscream buddy.

A Shitty Reporter fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Feb 21, 2014

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Knormal posted:

I don't think it's possible to be a Transfomers fan and not have at least three recolors of it.

Weirdly enough I only have one version of the mold...

and it's Acid Storm. I got far too late into classics, as I was picking up Animated at the time.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

Gammatron 64 posted:

Well, I went ahead and ordered that KO Browning. You know what these KO guys really, really need to repro? Some of these guys.

Microman Magnum guy.

There's also a 357 Magnum transformer that made its way into TF fiction as Treadshot http://transformers.wikia.com/wiki/Treadshot_(G1)

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

Face looks pretty spot on. It's like the 90's in MP form and It just convinced me to buy one. The only way it could be better is if it came with the ammo belt.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?

Gammatron 64 posted:

He looks like he's taking a huge poo poo while constipated.

I finally have a good use for that 1/12th scale bathroom stall.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

SpikeMcclane posted:

I finally have a good use for that 1/12th scale bathroom stall.

Go to TFCon and bring that tiny toilet :butt:

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Have any of you got experience with Fans Toys stuff? I'm really liking the look of the MP Slag thing, but how have their previous efforts been?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Here is that Cloud Starscream. Did they fix the shoulder?

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?

EthanSteele posted:

Have any of you got experience with Fans Toys stuff? I'm really liking the look of the MP Slag thing, but how have their previous efforts been?

I'd say that the quality on Quakewave may actually be better than actual MPs.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

The MSJ posted:

They gave him new weapons that Blitzwing and Double Dealer do not have.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

^^True but that lovely mold will cost about £100 instead of £30, like the cloud repaint version of Megatron that cost me £25 in bright green & purple instead of G1 colours now costs £100 or so.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

The MSJ posted:

Huh. Does this mean we're getting that Rodimus retool of Springer?

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

EthanSteele posted:

I don't know that I've heard a single even-slightly negative thing about Quakewave. I regret missing out on him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

EthanSteele posted:

They are so good that Takara should outsource MP production to them.