Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Always remember the best skins are the default ones. That being said I'll likely get a lot more obnoxious guns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diddie
Sep 1, 2001

What the heck is going on in here???
I want a Chameleon AUG. The rest are meh

slev
Apr 6, 2009

I forgot thunder was so stupidly huge. Also I don't know why I am playing thunder.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

That was another fun night of silver goons mming. We were even joined by a gold goon.

How many hours/wins is it to upgrade to a golden pheonix coin, or does Valve just pick that randomly without announcing it?

ScienceAndMusic
Feb 16, 2012

CANNOT STOP SHITPOSTING FOR FIVE MINUTES
That nova skin, I will sell my kidney for it.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

ScienceAndMusic posted:

That nova skin, I will sell my kidney for it.

It won't end up being that expensive. Everyone is opening the case for the super ticket item, the Asiimov AWP, which will be quite expensive for awhile, I wager. For an idea, look at the current listings for the Asiimov M4A4. That one's been out for a bit, too.

ScienceAndMusic
Feb 16, 2012

Xenaero posted:

It won't end up being that expensive. Everyone is opening the case for the super ticket item, the Asiimov AWP, which will be quite expensive for awhile, I wager. For an idea, look at the current listings for the Asiimov M4A4. That one's been out for a bit, too.

Hey what's your steam profile I think I've played against you recently.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

ScienceAndMusic posted:

Hey what's your steam profile I think I've played against you recently.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Xenaero/

JunXaos
Mar 11, 2011

IRONKNUCKLE PERMBANNED! READ HERE
I was ok with the pass operations with new maps and some new stuff like scorecard but this one feels like one of those stupid CoD DLC map pack with nothing new.

But it's easy enough to make the money back from selling creates so it's not all bad.

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

A monkey in a long line of kings

JunXaos posted:

I was ok with the pass operations with new maps and some new stuff like scorecard but this one feels like one of those stupid CoD DLC map pack with nothing new.

But it's easy enough to make the money back from selling creates so it's not all bad.

I've paid back the cost of the pass and profited $5 from a single dumb crate already.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Ernie. posted:

How many hours/wins is it to upgrade to a golden pheonix coin, or does Valve just pick that randomly without announcing it?

Judging from the item schema, getting from bronze to silver will require 10 hours of playtime & 5 wins. Getting from silver to gold will require 30 hours & 15 wins.

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

A monkey in a long line of kings
I'm 90% certain that Lou got reported by a pubbie for this play: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krZwIR3aSbw

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
100% hacking for sure.

ScienceAndMusic
Feb 16, 2012

Nope I played against someone definitely named something like Xenaero but not that avatar or current name.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
It finally happened, a good AK skin was released. Also lol at no new maps or significant changes, but sure I'll throw more money at valve :homebrew:

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

kcer posted:

It finally happened, a good AK skin was released.

:colbert:

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
Ernie I think we missed you MMing yesterday afternoon, but I got a full team of goons and they didn't realize they were in a total goonsquad until halfway through the game. The cries of dismay and accusations of autism... :angel:

Anyway it was lots of of fun and I even scored a few kills.

Lucky Samurai
Oct 4, 2011

Being jaded about something is so cool. You're just as useless as everybody else, but you get to be irritating and bitter about it.
I realized and I still maintain that we showed every facet of the spectrum of autism disorders.

Meow Tse-tung
Oct 11, 2004

No one cat should have all that power
Apologies if it comes up a lot, but I searched the thread without luck. Any insight into the number of weekly item drops?

Searching the steam forum gave me about several dozen answers on drop numbers, and all I saw for certain is that it resets on Wednesday/Thursday.

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

Meow Tse-tung posted:

Apologies if it comes up a lot, but I searched the thread without luck. Any insight into the number of weekly item drops?

Searching the steam forum gave me about several dozen answers on drop numbers, and all I saw for certain is that it resets on Wednesday/Thursday.

IIRC, when drops first started, you got 4 per week. It gave you a good probability of getting a drop for your first 2 drops after the reset, then the chances went down some for the next 2 drops.

So you could play 4-6 games and get 2 drops, then play 6-10 more games for the other 2 drops. Roughly.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
Someone once told me you get 2 crates and 2 skins per week. I really can't show you anything to back that up but from experience I'd say it's about right.

maduin
Mar 4, 2003
You guys are missing the joke. It's 'Operation Phoenix' because all the maps are rising from the dead to be played again.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
You're paying for the privilege of being able to pay even more money for the right to open op phoenix cases!

Iriquois
Jun 6, 2013

astr0man posted:

You're paying for the privilege of being able to pay even more money for the right to open op phoenix cases!

If there is one thing valve seem to know how to do well with this game, it's make money from micro transactions in clever ways.

"I'll just open one more crate, maybe this time I'll get that super rare special item..."

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
I always open every crate/sticker container I get :negative:

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

astr0man posted:

You're paying for the ability to sell OP cases for more than the pass costs.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

astr0man posted:

I have like 100 bucks in my account, what else am I gonna do with it?

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

ShittyPostmakerPro posted:

You're paying for the ability to sell OP cases for more than the pass costs.

But how will I ever get my stattrak bayonet that way???

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

astr0man posted:

I used to, but I'm just gonna sell crates from now and buy the skins I want. I feel like that'd be less frustrating.

fE: bayonet sucks

Iriquois
Jun 6, 2013

Coleman posted:

The day on the server when someone realized that "Enhance Pointer Precision" in Windows was mouse acceleration, and you immediately heard 6 different people say, "OH MY GOD I HAD IT ON THE WHOLE TIME!" will go down as one of my top 5 days on the Goon server to date.

I know this is an old post, but I just checked this in my windows settings.

:doh:

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Check out the MarkC acceleration fix. It will solve all of your problems. Permanently.

a slime
Apr 11, 2005

kcer posted:

I used to, but I'm just gonna sell crates from now and buy the skins I want. I feel like that'd be less frustrating.

fE: bayonet sucks

This is the worst opinion, especially because it contradicts the fact that the bayonet is the best knife

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

a slime posted:

This is the worst opinion, especially because it contradicts the fact that the bayonet is the best knife

bayoNOT

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

astr0man posted:

But how will I ever get my stattrak bayonet that way???

You rebuy the cases next month when they are 5c each :D

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Speaking of drops, is it correct that you get Operation [Name] Cases only, or at least more frequently, by playing on Operation [Name] maps? Or it doesn't matter as long as you have the pass?

Coleman
May 5, 2011

This just in: Beverly Hills 90210, Cleveland Browns 3.

NihilCredo posted:

Speaking of drops, is it correct that you get Operation [Name] Cases only, or at least more frequently, by playing on Operation [Name] maps? Or it doesn't matter as long as you have the pass?
If you have the pass you get them, you don't need to play the maps, the maps only effect the "rank" of your coin.

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

Trade, sir! Discover it! This is you, this is a clue. Get a clue, discover trade!

ShittyPostmakerPro posted:

You rebuy the cases next month when they are 5c each :D

Is is truely the way to go. Sell the cases you get now, buy them back later and get a free key!

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
I need immediate gratification

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

astr0man posted:

I need immediate gratification

I'm going to start gifting you every case I get in an attempt to bankrupt you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Fun fact: No other gun has debuted with a higher price on the market than the Asiimov AWP at $180.

The Asiimov M4A4 has only dropped a small amount since its own debut mid-December, so I wouldn't count on the new AWP being cheap anytime ever.

• Locked thread