Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

greatn posted:

Her character is kind of ridiculous super nerd manic virgin whore. Just every single cliche you could think of for a girl character in a superhero show. Clearly designed as a male nerd fantasy.

But I think she's completely awesome anyway and somehow makes it work. She should be way too cute by half to actually be charming, way too hot to be believable as a nerd, the magical hacking should be a lot more embarrassing than it is, and the character should make us feel kind of patronized, but the character just works for some reason, and that reason is the actress just doing a phenomenal job.

It still makes me laugh that Felicity got kicked out of a computer system by some random security desk mooks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
to be fair, shes using windows 8

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
And that's a great seque into this producer's preview for the next episode, which looks to be fairly Felicity-heavy. Definitely getting a Oracle vs. Calculator vibe here, despite neither of these characters being those characters.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

greatn posted:

Her character is kind of ridiculous super nerd manic virgin whore. Just every single cliche you could think of for a girl character in a superhero show. Clearly designed as a male nerd fantasy.

But I think she's completely awesome anyway and somehow makes it work. She should be way too cute by half to actually be charming, way too hot to be believable as a nerd, the magical hacking should be a lot more embarrassing than it is, and the character should make us feel kind of patronized, but the character just works for some reason, and that reason is the actress just doing a phenomenal job.

It helps that she's an actual character that had a bunch of scenes before joining the team. She's not wholly defined as "the nerd who does some nerd crap" like most techy/nerdy characters are on bad shows. They also strike a nice balance of having her be confidently competent in some episodes while still struggling a bit in others, which once again helps establish her as an actual character and not just some kind of magic plot device generator. And lastly, they avoid the most annoying nerd cliche: the super-smug nerd who vomits out a bunch of patronizing techno-babble every time they do something, as if the audience is supposed to be impressed by this obviously fake thing that the writers made up because they don't actually understand how computers work.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
She probably doesn't have a father, so Ollie's kinda in this weird flux for her because he's super hot and her age, but she really wants his fatherly approval. That's what's in my head whenever she acts weird around him. She just wants a dad to tell her she matters.

Black Dad apparently doesn't do that. Green Dad to the rescue.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Drifter posted:

She probably doesn't have a father, so Ollie's kinda in this weird flux for her because he's super hot and her age, but she really wants his fatherly approval. That's what's in my head whenever she acts weird around him. She just wants a dad to tell her she matters.

You know who the real father is going to end up being. Mirakuru Dad. :unsmigghh:

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Drifter posted:

Felicity has specifically said she never knew her dad and the producers have said that's plot relevant. Also, it's Barrowman because why not.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I hope Dinah had an affair (or two) with Merlyn, as did Felicity's mom, as did Sin's mom, as did Digg's sister-in-law. Make everyone a Barrowkid.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

greatn posted:

I hope Dinah had an affair (or two) with Merlyn, as did Felicity's mom, as did Sin's mom, as did Digg's sister-in-law. Make everyone a Barrowkid.

Barrowman gets tired a lot, and you know what happens when that happens.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

jscolon2.0 posted:

Felicity has specifically said she never knew her dad and the producers have said that's plot relevant. Also, it's Barrowman because why not.

OH GODDAMMIT.

Watch them make Felicity Oliver's half-sister. His dad did sleep around a lot, right?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

jscolon2.0 posted:

Barrowman's only truly evil act was to have kids and not stay to be a real father. The earthquake machine murders was a metaphor, not a crime.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Some Numbers posted:

OH GODDAMMIT.

Watch them make Felicity Oliver's half-sister. His dad did sleep around a lot, right?

That would be about the only way to resolve their romantic tension without them growing apart or making then a permanent couple. Not a terrible idea really.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Rather see her be Slades daughter.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

greatn posted:

That would be about the only way to resolve their romantic tension without them growing apart or making then a permanent couple. Not a terrible idea really.

No it wouldn't.

Just have them be written as more friendly and bro-ish and less flirty. It's not rocket science.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Drifter posted:

No it wouldn't.

Just have them be written as more friendly and bro-ish and less flirty. It's not rocket science.

It's too late.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Drifter posted:

No it wouldn't.

This the CW. They have a show with actual brothers who act bro-ish and not flirty.

That has not stopped the fans.

VVVV: Fair enough.

Some Numbers fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Feb 21, 2014

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

greatn posted:

It's too late.

No it's not. She had a crush on Barry. Ollie said he wasn't interested. Just have them stop flirting. Bear in mind, I'm talking about the show, not the weird loving shipper fans.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Some Numbers posted:

This the CW. They have a show with actual brothers who act bro-ish and not flirty.

That has not stopped the fans.

That has not stopped the fans from believing the actual actors themselves are secret gay lovers and both their wives are beards. It has not stopped them from getting Jensen Ackles' wife erroneously kicked out of a convention by lying to security and telling them that she was a stalker. There's a reason that every single female character on Supernatural has been written off and that reason is jealous fangirls.

Arrow fanbase has a looooong way to go before it even gets close to how bad Supernatural fandom is.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
All I'm saying guys, is every second Ollie's arrow is not inside Felicity's quiver is a slap in the face to every single fan out there. And when she flirted with Barry I cried for hours. That's all I'm saying guys, and I think you'd all agree.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

He is Ollie, if he is not flirting with everyone he is doing something wrong.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
The Suicide Squad

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Oh poo poo Sean Maher is back yesssssssssssss.

No Count Vertigo though :(

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

... So who was saying that Dig wasn't getting used enough? :awesome:

I wonder how this is going to play out, what with Diggle having to balance both teams...

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Rarity posted:

No Clock King, either. Bummer.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe

Rarity posted:

Yup, can't wait for this!

If they are going to get people from other shows besides Sparticus, might as well be Firefly. They need Jewel Staite and Adam Baldwin next...

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

WarLocke posted:

... So who was saying that Dig wasn't getting used enough? :awesome:

I wonder how this is going to play out, what with Diggle having to balance both teams...

Well, I'm guessing it will only be an occasional thing.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
A Diggle centered episode always makes me happy. Maybe we'll get that Black Driver spinoff yet!

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Rarity posted:

Vertigo is dead, man. I wish he wasn't though :(

Also yes, poach all the Firefly alum. What characters can Jewel Staite and Adam Baldwin play? :allears:

e: hahaha oh god imagine Jewel Staite as an Arrow-verse Poison Ivy :swoon:

VVV: I was waiting for this joke :hfive:

The Red Lantern gag was one of the best throwaway bits IMO.

WarLocke fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Feb 21, 2014

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

They can just get Count Vertigo from the alternate universe.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Baldwin should be Hawkman since he has lovely political opinions and he can argue with Ollie about them.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

WarLocke posted:

Also yes, poach all the Firefly alum. What characters can Jewel Staite and Adam Baldwin play? :allears:

e: hahaha oh god imagine Jewel Staite as an Arrow-verse Poison Ivy :swoon:

VVV: I was waiting for this joke :hfive:

The Red Lantern gag was one of the best throwaway bits IMO.

You could bring them in at nearly the same time and have them be Brick and Cupid. Brick may be too similar to Brother Blood though. I could definitely see a Cupid story-arc next season though.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Can someone remind me who these people are, other than the knife guy from the last episode?

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Oasx posted:

Can someone remind me who these people are, other than the knife guy from the last episode?

Ignoring Diggle, you have Deadshot, who H.I.V.E. hired to kill Diggle's brother, Diggle's wife Lyla, and this guy called Shrapnel I guess.

EDIT: Shrapnel was the guy who tried to bomb Blood's campaign event a couple episodes back.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Oasx posted:

Read the article. Or at least the caption to the picture.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Oasx posted:

From left to right: Kife Guy is Bronze Tiger, then is Shrapnel (the guy who tried to blow up Brother Blood), then Amanda Waller, Deadshot (Floyd whatever, killed Diggle's brother, had that cyber eye for a while), Diggle's ex-fiancee and then Diggle

Mexal
Oct 18, 2007

It is best to avoid the power of a ninja

WarLocke posted:

I've just been doing a re-watch of Chuck. I miss Baldwin. Get him on this show.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

WarLocke posted:

From left to right: Kife Guy is Bronze Tiger, then is Shrapnel (the guy who tried to blow up Brother Blood), then Amanda Waller, Deadshot (Floyd whatever, killed Diggle's brother, had that cyber eye for a while), Diggle's ex-fiancee and then Diggle

Why is the Suicide squad a Diggle family reunion? I'm curious to see how they get him working with Deadshot

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

GOT VIRUS FROM MP3 posted:

Why is the Suicide squad a Diggle family reunion? I'm curious to see how they get him working with Deadshot

That's his ex and his eskimo brothers. They need to talk about H.I.V.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

GOT VIRUS FROM MP3 posted:

I am sure we will find out that answer when the episode airs, but for now its ??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

Accretionist posted:

You'd be surprised what you can find instructions for on-line.

http://www.freakzilla.com/ocas/

(I always feel terrible when people don't get that one.)

• Locked thread