Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

no that part is p shameful, just the way he likes it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

Ian McLean posted:

There are very few web companies that I can look at and say, "I believe this project can sustain itself for over 100 years."

nothing on the internet will exist in 100 years and if that is your concern instead of something like profit and usability you need to rethink your goals

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

you will never have a lasting impression on human history

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Ian McLean posted:

No. I work for Wolfram Research now in Champaign Illinois.

:pwn:

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

ian make some stats about your posting

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

Ian McLean posted:

congrats dude, it really seems like a good fit for you. i hope you enjoy it

Socracheese
Oct 20, 2008

Ian McLean posted:

There are very few web companies that I can look at and say, "I believe this project can sustain itself for over 100 years."

god i hope not

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Ian McLean posted:

Is wolfram inventing any new sciences??

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

that ending soon list is a browse full of laughs

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1931815534/gaming-cafe-and-club?ref=ending_soon

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

this is what i like to do in 1 of 4 parts this will be E sports and gaming viewing area and food and pop areas.

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.
SLAM! DA DA DA! DA DA DA!
LET THE GAMERS BE GAMERS!

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
I wanna open the dark souls Cafe and restaurant: prepare to dine edition

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

USSMICHELLEBACHMAN posted:

praise the sous (vide)

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

its dumb, but it's still a step up from all those "bar with a MAME cab in the corner" things people kept trying to open a few years back

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Sweevo posted:

its dumb, but it's still a step up from all those "bar with a MAME cab in the corner" things people kept trying to open a few years back

you mean every pizza shop from 1970 until now?

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer

Is your Profile Pic from FurNation?
yes and no ...i made the pic way back in late 90s and FurNation asked if they could use it i said ok this part of logo or what ever is only part there logo i made and i made few others with miner changes but was my 1st big projects way back made it for my clan i played games with and logo just toke off ..

hahhahahahahahahahaaha

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

at least he's addressing the elephant in the room

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

if only doobies put in his FAQ:

are you a white supremacist?

doobie is a very nice boy stop being so meen thanks ang god bles

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
"god bless you" is southern for "go gently caress yourself"

Thesoro
Dec 6, 2005

YOU CANNOT LEARN
TO WHISTLE

USSMICHELLEBACHMAN posted:

Mavis Beacon Teaches Drinking

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

his first attempt at this is also pretty funny and was posted in this exact thread

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

well at least the guys persistent. persistent in his attempts to prove to his mother that playing video games in her basement is a valuable skill.

Base Emitter
Apr 1, 2012

?
ok who here started this project https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/818225433/maximite-bbx-the-modern-day-basic-language-compute

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
i didnt know chef john was a coder

Ian McLean
Sep 9, 2012

statpedia.org
Post Stats on Anything

Nelson MandEULA posted:

hi ian. statpedia doesn't look too bad actually. maybe i'll add some stats to it when i get them.

Thanks! Awesome. :)

Ian McLean
Sep 9, 2012

statpedia.org
Post Stats on Anything

Proteus4994 posted:

congrats dude, it really seems like a good fit for you. i hope you enjoy it

Thanks Proteus! It is really cool actually. Pretty much doing what I love doing anyways with my time.

Ian McLean
Sep 9, 2012

statpedia.org
Post Stats on Anything
So... just doing some thinking, I had this one art professor describe the concept of kitsch. whatsapp = kitsch valuable for collecting user data if the government is funding the payroll for a 19 billion dollar investment because there are agreements in place of a company with a 100 p/e ratio. The reality is what website is a Library of Alexandria?

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
http://www.nsa.gov/

Ian McLean
Sep 9, 2012

statpedia.org
Post Stats on Anything

Ian McLean fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Feb 22, 2014

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

Ian McLean posted:

I WANT WHATSAPP ALTERNATIVE I DO NOT WANT WHATSAPP ANYMORE BECAUSE I DO NOT TRUST MY INFORMATION??!??!!!!

The concept of modern reality is something more than a thought in the brain given first by capability, then by information>.

truth

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

Ian McLean posted:

I WANT WHATSAPP ALTERNATIVE I DO NOT WANT WHATSAPP ANYMORE BECAUSE I DO NOT TRUST MY INFORMATION??!??!!!!

The concept of modern reality is something more than a thought in the brain given first by capability, then by information>.

preach

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Ian McLean
Sep 9, 2012

statpedia.org
Post Stats on Anything
The Lightning Factory in Antarctica

Reason for Creation: Make energy with clouds.

Why is the lightning factory a more efficient method than anything else?

We are going to compress the clouds and put them in a bottle so that we can sell lightning in a bottle.

Why Antarctica?

We need to build a machine that is capable of creating lightning storms, and thus the project requires a location where nobody is being affected by the cloud moving interactions in the upper atmosphere. The primary objective of the large cloud energy plant is to power the carbon emission removal vortex. We will compress the carbon while releasing the oxygen back into the air. When carbon emissions become stable, we will turn off the filtering vortex.

What will you do with the leftover carbon from the filter vortex?

Compress it into a substance harder than diamond in order to house the dense lightning reaction in a clear container.

What will prevent it from causing an explosion of energy?

The same density machines used to create the clear carbon shell will not only be used for testing in the density lab including pressure, shatter, freezing and melting reactions within a natural environment containment facility, but the reaction itself will stop on the contact of standard air density ranges causing a complete neutralizing effect.

How will the lightning power be transferred from the internal reaction to the port for device connection?

Power will be transferred through two clear metal lightning rod cones within the sphere bottle carbon shell starting from a single metal molecule point at the reaction expanding to the shell surface for a new standard connection port size. Universal cases and kits may be manufactured to create adapters to power any device currently in existence.

The cell may come in differently regulated voltages or with a micro projector to change the voltage setting activated by a micro sensor which recognizes a specific pattern to prompt the verification display.

BooLoo
Oct 18, 2010

SLAM TIME
iiiiiiiiiiian :allears:

we thought you'd gone forever

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
ian is like that faithmouse guy but for yospos

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

y'all gettin trolled by losethos

penus de milo
Mar 9, 2002

CHAR CHAR

goddamnedtwisto posted:

back when that was a pub it was a great place to go and get drunk and have a fight before setting off into the shittier clubs around the old street/city road area to do the same but with less lighting

i want to kickstart a time machine to bring a load of 70s/80s hoxton residents to give this lot the stabbings they so richly deserve

yeah the east end was better when it was scumbags and stabbings, thats way better than some dude w/ a lovely moustache

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

penus de milo posted:

yeah the east end was better when it was scumbags and stabbings, thats way better than some dude w/ a lovely moustache

the dudes with lovely moustaches have their sights set on peckham now anyway, having done a bit of a half-arsed gentrification of e1/e2. its p impressive how quickly you can go from the city to an absolute shithole if you walk in the right direction (anything that isn't west).

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
hi ian umm they are being awfully excited about you but fyi they made fun of you alot while you were gone

i'm confused because your posting is NOT what i expected from the way people made fun of you

anyhow just looking out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Vicas posted:

no that part is p shameful, just the way he likes it
don't shameshame

• Locked thread