Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

404notfound posted:

Everything about Giant Bomb is the best when it isn't video games.

I knew someone would say that, but I didn't want to edit and correct myself but that wasn't what I meant and oh god why does it matter and why am I posting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

404notfound posted:

Everything about Giant Bomb is the best when it isn't video games.

It is also pretty entertaining when they get excited about video games.

CrushedB
Jun 2, 2008

"Banzai!"
-Vietnamese man, 197whatever

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
I want Rambo to go Super Saiyan.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Pretty futuristic for them to have recorded the entire V/O for this game over Skype.

This QTE sequence makes Shenmue look like The Walking Dead

Sushi in Yiddish fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Feb 21, 2014

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

Pretty futuristic for them to have recorded the entire V/O for this game over Skype.

Best audio is literally the canned "... Mission... Accomplished" from Rambo 2.

E: YAY QTE

CrushedB
Jun 2, 2008

Rambo just knocked out the same cop in three different outfits in under a minute.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

I was thinking of getting this game on a Steam sale sometime in the future when it's five bucks because hey Rambo, but I didn't think it would be this bad. I mean obviously it was going to be bad, but what the hell.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The sound design in this game is incredible.

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
Ooh, it's the David Caruso butt-stabbing simulation part.

E: Or chest-stabbing. You know, whatever.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Finally, a game that takes the idea of "Let's sync low quality movie audio to Source Replays in Garry's Mod" and takes it to the max.

Also why is he killing everyone? WHY?

NON LETHAL GUNPLAY.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

"I could have killed them all" after pretty much killing them all.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Haha the failure mode for the QTEs is a slow and needlessly brutal stabbing of the cops. If you succeed you just bonk them on the head.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I like how the First Blood section tried to follow the movie and then just gave up and had Rambo gunning down all the cops.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Good lord what a lovely game, but seeing it is reminding of all the good times I had playing Time Crisis and whatnot in the arcades when I was younger :unsmith:

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
I'm pretty sure if you fire at a cop you're hosed either way, lethal or not.

So thanks for that mechanic, Rambo!

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

The Unnamed One posted:

I'm pretty sure if you fire at a cop you're hosed either way, lethal or not.

So thanks for that mechanic, Rambo!

Notice that you still get points for killing them, just not as many as for a disarm. It seems like the best way to get points is to disarm then kill every cop.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Killing cops is only -15 from what I can tell, and successfully reloading your gun is 175.

CrushedB
Jun 2, 2008

So this is going to end like Hitman: Blood Money with Rambo popping out of his casket and gunning down his own funeral, right?

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

"You can hide, but you can't run!"

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
Jesus, the few guys he didn't kill would still probably never be able to eat solid food ever again.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

What? They cut the big climactic monologue from the end of First Blood?

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
They don't have Stallone.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

muscles like this? posted:

Did we really want to see that monologue come out of the mouth of that lovely model?

Yes

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

I don't think Video Game Rambo gets to monologue about the horrors of war after killing more cops than the heisters in Payday.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Whoever posted about the boss fight music in Donkey Kong, it seems that most of the boss songs in that game pretty much own:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkxrXWokYqQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=301s-GDML5w

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Haha, they just skipped like half of the second movie right there.

Also the book First Blood actually did have Rambo killing a bunch of cops but the filmmakers made a decision that Rambo doing that would make it impossible to sympathize with him.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Did that guard just say "bar bar"

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

Haha, they just skipped like half of the second movie right there.

Also the book First Blood actually did have Rambo killing a bunch of cops but the filmmakers made a decision that Rambo doing that would make it impossible to sympathize with him.

If you ever get a chance to read them, the Rambo books are really goddamn interesting from the perspective of how hosed up PTSD is and how it can turn you into a monster. But instead Rambo is a hero and cool and he doesn't kill cops (in the book he slices a cops throat with a straight razor).

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
Holy poo poo thirty-three United States Dollars.

That's... something.

Altough if the "Trautman Challenges" features that Richard Crenna stock photo prominently, I might cave in.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I'm watching the P4 endurance run again and totally forgot how amped Jeff got for Teddy's bear puns.

"Things are un-BEAR-able"

"HA HA!"

JuHoZ
May 13, 2009
New mailbag.

http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/giant-bomb-mailbag-it-s-friday-and-yeah/2300-8536/

Keep making sawdust.

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

Ugh im going to have to replay Viva Pinata soon.

JuHoZ
May 13, 2009
Chats up(down?). Looks like they have a green screen!

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

So looking forward to the JFK game.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Green screen shenanigans :toot:

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Can't wait for that Reelect JFK game.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Watching last week UPF before the new one starts, is the segment after Gangbeast worth watching after this week is over or it safe to skip?

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Rirse posted:

Watching last week UPF before the new one starts, is the segment after Gangbeast worth watching after this week is over or it safe to skip?

I'm pretty sure Gangbeast is the last segment?

Edit: Oh sorry, I forgot the Genesis stuff. Yeah, watch that if you like it when they play old games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Hakkesshu posted:

I'm pretty sure Gangbeast is the last segment?

The timer shows twenty more minutes left...it probably just another session of Nilbog again.

• Locked thread