Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

astr0man posted:

I would like to thank minineo's perfect timing for making this a clutch 1v5 rather than just a 1v4 :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C3_xgzBYMs

I lost my poo poo at the end. "What opposite dimension did I step into?" Haha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Found you have to go alone

astr0man posted:

I would like to thank minineo's perfect timing for making this a clutch 1v5 rather than just a 1v4 :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C3_xgzBYMs

This is amazing

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
minineo's UH OH is probably my favorite part

edit: someone make a plugin that plays "This is everyone's fault but mine" for the entire server every time carl's team loses

astr0man fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Feb 22, 2014

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

astr0man posted:

minineo's UH OH is probably my favorite part

Those two UH OH's were pretty hilarious. Good poo poo.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I just ran into pengy on mm with a 5 stack and he and 3 people beat us :(

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
I got to watch that 5v1 live and it was absolutely amazing.

Playing goonman the past couple weeks has been a massive boon to my CS skills (not that I had much to begin with; that much is blindingly obvious to me now). I've never played CS in a comp setting before and it's exhilarating. I may never go back to Battlefield or Planetside. I just hope I get good enough to actually compete instead of being the constant canary/trade all the time. I'm still absolutely terrible with the rifles and need to load up that aim map to work on movement-weapon dynamics.

Beach Bum fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Feb 22, 2014

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth

Xenaero posted:

Where does it say this? It'll disable it across the board to my knowledge. I'm running Win7. Also CSGO runs on the Source engine, doesn't it?

If you have enhance pointer precision turned off and accel turned off in CSGO settings you will have 0 accel from windows or CSGO. Try running the mouse recorder that comes with the markc fix. If you still have accel showing up on the recorder it is most likely some other driver that is causing it and the fix will do nothing for that. If you have accel from your hardware that will not show up on the recorder.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

So my 4k with 200+ ping on an eco round made me happy. I'm sorry if you had to deal with my lag spike tonight. :(

That said, buttmen continues to be fun. :3:

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
gently caress, why is the store down, I need to sell this Phoenix box :saddowns:

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Good thing I just sold my second one from a drop before it went down, whoooo.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

Can we never talk about sensitivity again?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxBuiD11WDM
http://counterstrikesourcetactics.blogspot.com/2008/02/css-mouse-optimization-guide.html

Oh poo poo...what did I just bring up?

Fat Lou fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Feb 22, 2014

Jellidelic
Nov 28, 2011

sensitivity discussion should be probatable.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

My USB ports run at 5GHz. I cool my mouse with liquid nitrogen.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
m_rawinput 1, turn off all accel: You have now configured your CSGO mouse settings so that your mouse input actually results in predictable cursor movement so you can learn how to aim at stuff.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
I'm a very casual CS player spending what little time I play CS:GO in either casual defuse missions or just playing deathmatch, I'm a bit confused about how I'm supposed to use the AK after the most recent update, before that I could reliably get running headshots and it made sense but now the first shot seems completely random and I have to stop and wait and even crouch just to make sure I hit on target, at which time I usually get owned by someone with an AWP. what's the trick?

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Don't run and gun unless you are using a shotgun, a Bizon or a P90.

eppu
Apr 15, 2005
Guess it's time to buy new mouse, what kind of difference i can see when playing if i change M500 to some proper gaming mouse?

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Coleman posted:

Genuine question, what exactly is wrong with it that makes it broken? Because I think it works fine, even if someone for whatever reason wanted to play it to "win", thats very easy to do as well.
Bit late on this, but the two biggest problems are that there is next to no incentive to use anything but the top guns, typically AWP/AUG (the score adjustments are nowhere near strong enough to offer a real tradeoff); and the random spawns which hand out craploads of free kills, either with AWP shots from your invincibility shield or simply from spawning a few seconds on the heels of someone else.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

eppu posted:

Guess it's time to buy new mouse, what kind of difference i can see when playing if i change M500 to some proper gaming mouse?

Less difference than you'd hope for.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

I just unboxed a Karambit knife worth about £130+ :stare:

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

emanresu tnuocca posted:

I'm a very casual CS player spending what little time I play CS:GO in either casual defuse missions or just playing deathmatch, I'm a bit confused about how I'm supposed to use the AK after the most recent update, before that I could reliably get running headshots and it made sense but now the first shot seems completely random and I have to stop and wait and even crouch just to make sure I hit on target, at which time I usually get owned by someone with an AWP. what's the trick?

You should never be running and shooting. If you really could get consistent running ak headshots before (which is hard for me to believe) that's great I guess? But the AK recoil hasn't changed at all. All they did was make it so any movement + shooting at the same time is incredibly random at all, which is how it is supposed to be in CS.

You don't have to crouch, as long as you are not moving at all the first shot from an AK will always go to the exact spot you are aiming, and the 2nd shot will be pretty close to the same spot as well. The "proper" way to stop yourself in counterstrike is to tap the key in the opposite direction you are moving, which will bring you to a complete stop faster than just waiting for yourself to decelerate completely when you stop holding a movement key. Using the crouch/walk keys doesn't really help you at all here. There was a bug in the aug update that made pressing your walk key instantly change your movement speed instead of slowing you down to the walk, but that has since been fixed.

This is the whole point of "ADADADA" spam, where you will be completely halted at one point in between each direction change. The idea is you click at that exact spot where you are not moving, but ADADADA spam has been nerfed a lot so I wouldn't recommend trying to learn how to do it properly right now. Just practice stopping + shooting.

You can use cl_showpos 1 in your console, which will bring up a thing in the top left that will always show you your current velocity and acceleration. If you are shooting at any time your velocity isn't 0.0 you are doing it wrong.

edit:
Also, even walking and shooting pre-patch used to be somewhat viable with the M4 (not so much the AK), but the aug patch made the walking accuracy penalty about equivalent to what the running penalty was pre-patch.

edit2:

astr0man fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Feb 22, 2014

sleepness
Feb 9, 2006

Is picking up your mouse when you feel that you're out of room generally a bad habit? My mousepad is HUGE, but for some reason, I like having my mouse in the center of it so I don't use nearly the full range of motion I have. Even when I try to actually use the full mousepad space, it feels awkward. Should I keep trying to not lift off?

sleepness fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Feb 22, 2014

Gristley Bear
May 16, 2007

METAL

sleepness posted:

Is picking up your mouse when you feel that you're out of room generally a bad habit? My mousepad is HUGE, but for some reason, I like having my mouse in the center of it so I don't use nearly the full range of motion I have. Even when I try to actually use the full mousepad space, it feels awkward. Should I keep trying to not lift off?

Just keep doing what you're doing. Keeping the mouse on the mousepad at all times feels, as you said, very awkward. As long as you have room to make at least a 90 degree turn on either side.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

I started playing this a few days ago (I did play 1.3 for a while in the early 2000s, but I've forgot everything since then). Starting to get the hang of the recoil patterns of the main two guns, but my movement is still poo poo. Still don't have the routine for quickly stopping and shooting or peeking, which tends to get me killed. Hopefully I get good enough in a few weeks to take a stab at competetive play - right now I tend to be in the top 3 of my team on casual, but obviously that doesn't tell much. Casual is just too chaotic to be that enjoyable.

Edit:

/id/smoll if any silver goons from Europe wants to derank with me. I've got a mic.

Smol fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Feb 22, 2014

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth

eppu posted:

You want to check if your mouse adds acceleration ( many cheap high dpi laser mice like the m500 do this) Go in game and take the sense so low that you need your entire mousepad to do a 360 then check different speeds to see if it needs the same amount of room to do a 360 at different speeds. If this is good and you like the way the mouse tracks on your pad I would not bother changing anything. If you find acceleration you can most likely fix that by buying a 15$ optical mouse like this http://www.staples.com/Microsoft-Basic-Optical-Mouse-Black/product_640467?externalize=certona

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Quote is not edit.

Geschwafel
May 10, 2006

Frank sent me.
Is there some reason besides lack of space that some players play with their keyboard nearly sideways? I watched some of the dreamhack invitational and at least some NiP players had keyboards turned 45 degrees clockwise. Why? Is this another mouse sensitivity discussion?

Gristley Bear
May 16, 2007

METAL
I believe the sideways keyboards are for comfort as you don't really get much space benefit until the keyboard is rotated well past 45 degrees.

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

Geschwafel posted:

Is there some reason besides lack of space that some players play with their keyboard nearly sideways? I watched some of the dreamhack invitational and at least some NiP players had keyboards turned 45 degrees clockwise. Why? Is this another mouse sensitivity discussion?

So you don't need to straighten your arm awkwardly to keep your fingers on WASD. I actually have a keyboard that has a slanted section for common shooter keys. If you ever get this keyboard you can never go back.

SteelSeries Merc Stealth

Shadowlz fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Feb 22, 2014

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Geschwafel posted:

There are also the players that use a different control scheme than WASD because they feel cramped/uneasy with using the left side of the keyboard since the keys are all on a slant and they might hit the wrong key. Using the number-pad gives them a more consistent sight-unseen sense of direction.

Eyke
Oct 15, 2013

Man with a dream to have fun.

Shadowlz posted:

So you don't need to straighten your arm akwardly to keep your fingers on WASD. I actually have a keyboard that has a slanted section for common shooter keys. If you ever get this keyboard you can never go back.

SteelSeries Merc Stealth

part of me is curious to try that, but they probably slap the "gaming keyboard" tag on it and make it $100. I do miss my mechanical keyboard though. :(

Rosh
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's Wrong,
Something's Right
Those buttons don't seem like they'd be as nice to play on as good mechanical keys though.

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

Rosh posted:

Those buttons don't seem like they'd be as nice to play on as good mechanical keys though.

I don't like mechanical keys so I don't mind.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

Smol posted:

/id/smoll if any silver goons from Europe wants to derank with me. I've got a mic.

Join the steam group. We organise everything through the steam group. I'm not going to add you, but I will play with you if you JOIN THE STEAM GROUP. There's a group of lower ranked euros that play together. We organise games in the steam group.

insomne
Nov 26, 2007

unrestrained rhythms.
Are the autoexec settings for tick rate in the OP okay enough for matchmaking? I know it was a much larger deal in the previous games and I heard the tickrate of MM servers is 64.

edit: Secondary question, should I be putting anything in my autoexec relating to sound?

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
The rate and interp settings in the OP are what you should be using everywhere regardless of server tickrate.

Iriquois
Jun 6, 2013

ShittyPostmakerPro posted:

Join the steam group. We organise everything through the steam group. I'm not going to add you, but I will play with you if you JOIN THE STEAM GROUP. There's a group of lower ranked euros that play together. We organise games in the steam group.

Seriously join the steam group. It has hugely benefitted my CS experience.

That fact that decent peeps are willing to let me improve slowly by dragging their asses down round after round (tip for the day: don't block doors) instead of playing MM with pubbies is a testament to how good that steam group is.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

ShittyPostmakerPro posted:

Cheers, I must've missed that when reading the OP.

Jellidelic
Nov 28, 2011

http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-keyboards-keypads/razer-orbweaver

well there's this thing

Don't buy it tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iriquois
Jun 6, 2013

gently caress Razr. I was always interested in this bad boy. The RAT5 mouse is pretty good, and I dig the modular layout which covers of most of that Razr poo poo.

• Locked thread