Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Dick Burglar posted:

I want some badass-looking archers. Some people who actually look strong enough to draw a bow, instead of waifish dudes who would never be able to use the ridiculously-humongous bows they're carrying. In return, have a real-life eagle that looks kinda like an owlbear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Elmo Oxygen
Jun 11, 2007

Kazuo Misaki Superfan #3

Don't make me lift my knee, young man.

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

Green Bean posted:

I'm looking for some Bad Seeds; kids of either gender with demonic or ghostly natures or powers. Anyone have anything?

Gravybong
Apr 24, 2007

Smokin' weed all day. All I do is smoke weed. Every day of my life it's all I do. I don't give a FUCK! Weed.
Does anyone have any people in ridiculously overwrought/uniquely featured super heavy plate/scale looking armor? Bonus points if you can't tell if there might be a person under there, and if it looks like it might be made of rock a little bit.

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

SeraphSlaughter posted:

Does anyone have any people in ridiculously overwrought/uniquely featured super heavy plate/scale looking armor? Bonus points if you can't tell if there might be a person under there, and if it looks like it might be made of rock a little bit.

Havel "The Rock", from Dark Souls

Fun fact: that isn't a club! It's the fang he tore out of a dragon's mouth.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

SeraphSlaughter posted:

Not really artwork (although I'll see if I can dig up the concept art somewhere) but Gravios armor from Monster Hunter:

e: found it:

The volcano codpiece really makes the set, IMO

Fungah! fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Feb 23, 2014

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Fungah! posted:

Not really artwork (although I'll see if I can dig up the concept art somewhere) but Gravios armor from Monster Hunter:

e: found it:

The volcano codpiece really makes the set, IMO

:stare: Is that from 4?

Spiderfist Island
Feb 19, 2011

SeraphSlaughter posted:

KillerQueen posted:

Havel "The Rock", from Dark Souls

Fun fact: that isn't a club! It's the fang he tore out of a dragon's mouth.

Here's another pic of Bishop Havel, from the final concept art:

And some more armor sets:

For real though, if you want some super-ornate or superheavy armor designs, look at the official art for Dark Souls:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Evil Mastermind posted:

:stare: Is that from 4?

Reasonably sure that it's the set from Freedom Unite (although I never bothered to make it, so that might be wrong), but it definitely makes a comeback in 4.

Monster Hunter armor in general is really just incredibly designed, although the female armor tends to be male gaze as poo poo:

Although Capcom definitely get some points from me for making the male Kirin armor almost as skimpy and at least twice as ridiculous as the female set:

Heavy Zed
Mar 23, 2013

Is there anything here I can swing from?

SeraphSlaughter posted:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Some overlap may occur in the next couple posts :v:

wrl posted:

Lend me your finest gentle giants and friendly ogres. Bonus points for multiple heads!

Giants/Ogres

Tollymain fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Feb 23, 2014

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dick Burglar posted:

I want some badass-looking archers. Some people who actually look strong enough to draw a bow.

Archers (and some cheaters carrying crossbows; also a repost)

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SeraphSlaughter posted:

Does anyone have any people in ridiculously overwrought/uniquely featured super heavy plate/scale looking armor?

Armour, much of which conceals the wearer.

The thing underneath the armour:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Unrelated but cool images. It turns out I do have a bookperson :buddy:. Also, shout-out to Mimir and RBH, I'm sure you guys will see what I mean.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ben Fleuter owns bones.

:nws: for nipply bits

Tollymain fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Feb 23, 2014

Gravybong
Apr 24, 2007

Smokin' weed all day. All I do is smoke weed. Every day of my life it's all I do. I don't give a FUCK! Weed.
Dark Souls was definitely my first stop/inspiration, but y'all found some art I couldn't find. Thanks!

MustacheFeeling
May 7, 2007

Rugged, self-assured, adult… these are the words that describe the man who wears a mustache.
I haven't seen this one yet on this or the previous thread, and it's the bees knees.

via: Dungeon Grind

MustacheFeeling
May 7, 2007

Rugged, self-assured, adult… these are the words that describe the man who wears a mustache.

wrl posted:

gentle ogres and giants

I don't think I saw this contributed: Cloadgoat Ranger!

Never noticed on the card art but apparently she's a Giantess :3:

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011
There's a neat little art meme going around on Tumblr:

Dogbomber posted:

It’s no secret that I like Lady Knights like, a lot. I put together a little randomizer as a sort of exercise. Then I thought, why not share it?
So here’s the thing. Five categories of traits. Pick three and run with it! Bonus challenge: do all five categories. And of course you’re free to add to the categories if what you want isn’t in there. Have fun with it! Don’t forget to tag #Lady Knights so I can see the cool stuff you come up with!

Here’s my starter to kick things off: Fists, Top Heavy, Nervous, Indian, Shark/Piscine.

Some of my personal favorites so far include:

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

This little guy is awesome.

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN
I need smug, loud, big, brash knights. Someone who could yell "OH YEAH" as he pummels his enemies into the floor. Or maybe "CAN YOU SMELL WHAT THE ROCK IS COOKING".

Basically, give me someone that looks like Brian Blessed.

RPZip fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Feb 24, 2014

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

I am Centurion Titus Polonius. And the only trouble I've had is that nobody seem to realize that I'm their superior officer.

RPZip posted:

I need smug, loud, big, brash knights. Someone who could yell "OH YEAH" as he pummels his enemies into the floor. Or maybe "CAN YOU SMELL WHAT THE ROCK IS COOKING".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKHihAPr2Rc

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

wrl
Sep 17, 2004
omg<3kittens
Thraen and Razir are my two favorite cataloged albums of fantasy art. Does anyone have any other similar :krad: resources? Perhaps some that are less fantasy-specific?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Suleman posted:

LADY KNIGHTS

What's the tag for it?

RPZip posted:

Big Brash Knight Dudes

Tollymain fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Feb 25, 2014

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Other Big Brash Dudes

Also this person:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
A Few Brash Not-Dudes

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Is that Mighty Max fan art? I didn't think anyone actually remembered that show or toy enough to make fan art for it.

I also dig the anime Johnny Bravo.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't see the Mighty Max thing, please point it out :v:

Wait, found it.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

RPZip posted:

"AW YISS"

ItalicSquirrels
Feb 15, 2007

What?
Anyone out there have pictures of a last stand? Panoramas are nice, but anything showing a last, struggling knot of survivors will do!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

ItalicSquirrels posted:

Anyone out there have pictures of a last stand? Panoramas are nice, but anything showing a last, struggling knot of survivors will do!

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

ItalicSquirrels posted:

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Tollymain posted:

I don't see the Mighty Max thing, please point it out :v:

Wait, found it.

I eat posts like this for breakfast.

Someone put every episode of Mighty Max up on Youtube, so go watch it because it loving owns and is full of really good ideas for fun RPG campaigns of all types.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-OqWEj3K14

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Something I just saw on my G+:

Source: http://regourso.tumblr.com/

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Tollymain posted:

What's the tag for it?

#lady knights

Really digging all these knights in here.

Suleman fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Feb 25, 2014

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Some concept art character portraits from the pre-Lynch Dune movie that never was...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Something Else posted:

Some concept art character portraits from the pre-Lynch Dune movie that never was...

That Sardukar costume actually got made as a test for the production. My guess that was the final design.