Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hwordhan
Sep 27, 2012

Ask me about the taste of a video game character's breast milk!

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Honestly the moment the clock hits twenty they should just surrender.

They should try a desperation baron.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Couldn't even kill Zed with two ults...

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Man, I'm usually all for Thresh but that lantern was such bullshit.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

This truly is a "surrender at 20" game in it's purest form.

So true that I got e;f,b on it.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Someone's going to explode as soon as Gragas hits them with an ult + barrel, here.

Edit: Haha, I spoke too soon. :pwn:

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
...Did someone just catch what Riv said about Cruzer and spirit visage? I must've misheard it because it made even less sense than what he usually says.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

two ults to bring down Gragas, cripes.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Good to know the average game length is 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, and 37 minutes.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Well, that was a stomp.

Zahki
Nov 7, 2004

Remember when everyone was saying Dignitas were one of the strongest NA teams at the start of the split? Good times.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Zahki posted:

Remember when everyone was saying Dignitas were one of the strongest NA teams at the start of the split? Good times.

They were, though.

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry

occipitallobe posted:

To be fair, Gambit is four men down. It's just this bizarre total collapse of Fnatic that doesn't make any sense. They were semifinalists in worlds last year, and now they're 5th in Europe. This is some XDG-level poo poo right here, without the pointless position switching and nepotism that explains that collapse. I mean, right now the entire thing is neck-and-neck between Gambit and Roccat, (with the really interesting caveat that Roccat has lost twice to SK, once to Fnatic, and once to CW), but I kinda think we're just seeing much more impressive play in NA and Europe looks worse in comparison.

Jessie Tanner posted:

It's a result of the changes Riot made to prevent early game snowballing. Since nothing is worth doing early game anymore rather than farming, the game has become a passive and boring snoozefest for the most part. Trinkets doesn't help either as they've practically removed level 1 invasions from the game.

I mean in the past 2 weeks specifically, not season 4 or whatever. The first few weeks Europe looked better than China. The teams are making genuinely worse decisions every game, their mechanics have gone downhill. I can't make sense of it.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

ahahaha, Reginald calling Coast a bunch of hipsters.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Regi talkin poo poo about being hipsters and focusing on being followers.

gently caress innovation, we'll just settle for being king poo poo of turd mountain.

Invalid Validation fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Feb 22, 2014

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man
Dyrus once again vomiting his intestines down his collar.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Well, 3 midlane bans from Coast, GG.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Regi is much cooler as a coach than as a player.

Invalid Validation posted:

Regi talkin poo poo about being hipsters and focusing on being followers.

gently caress innovation, we'll just settle for being king poo poo of turd mountain.

He is right about the hipster thing. You're not a world contender when all you have is attempting a gimmick strategy.

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

That was a hell of a lvl 1.

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

What was tsm thinking wasting that much time on red :psyduck:

e: Nintendude with that flash read.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

TSM, what the hell was that? Waaay too greedy for that red, they gave Ahri such a huge window to come help.

Also, I am really loving tired of seeing Pantheon and Gragas. Every single LCS game is basically the same 20 champions with maybe 2-3 choices each lane. Regi had a good point with playing the champions that are best but good loving God does it make for a boring tournament to watch.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

It clearly was all a very clever plot to give Bjergsen double buffs.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Jerkface posted:

He is right about the hipster thing. You're not a world contender when all you have is attempting a gimmick strategy.

He picked Teemo trying to copy a Korean team and lost.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Zahki posted:

People were saying Dig was the joke of NA after Battle of the Atlantic. This pretty much held true for the first few games they played. People only started turning their opinions around when they beat C9 and went on a 6 game win streak.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
TSM turning every death into an opportunity.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

:master: drat

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

He picked Teemo trying to copy a Korean team and lost.

In the same game his top laner was playing support, his support was playing top, and his adc was playing mid. I'm pretty sure he picked teemo because he didn't give a poo poo.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

And then the bait by Coast.

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

Well this game is kind of fun.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Jerkface posted:

In the same game his top laner was playing support, his support was playing top, and his adc was playing mid. I'm pretty sure he picked teemo because he didn't give a poo poo.

I agree he is dumb.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Looks like it's up to Turtle to carry this game. Rough teamp comp to be doing that as an ADC though.

uaciaut
Mar 20, 2008
:splurp:
Don't like Lucian not getting triforce vs gragas annie, he needs to rush tri and banshess vs said champs.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Ahahahahahaha TSM.

"YOUR TEACHER'S PROUD OF YOU!" Riv, you're a cool dude sometimes.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Either Coast is playing very well this time around, or TSM is playing lousy. Those straight-up Bjergsen-focused bans didn't help, either.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

loving Coast hipsters doing so good they probably have iPhones to go with their Ahri pick.

uaciaut
Mar 20, 2008
:splurp:
Lichbane Ahri needs to use lichbane procs during sieges.

edit: to add i think going lichbane after DFG on Ahri is REALLY questionable, if you went DFG you generally want to commit to maximizing the burst you can do during the DFG debuff timeframe and lichbane generally equates to more sustained damage (unless it's the 6th item on top of 500+ AP).

I also think one of the main reasons Coast has been last place this split is nintendude, guy was pretty beastly in last year's spring split he simply doesn't seem to be the clutch player he used to be and he needs to since shiptur and zion actually pull their weight (maybe Shiptur is streaky at times). I also have found Wiz to be a bit underwhelming so far.

uaciaut fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Feb 22, 2014

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

loving Coast hipsters doing so good they probably have iPhones to go with their Ahri pick.

Okay, we get it dude. Quit getting mad about video games.

Monathin fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Feb 22, 2014

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man
Turtle could've turned the game right there and all he had to do was right click on the Shyvana instead of right next to her.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Hra Mormo posted:

Turtle could've turned the game right there and all he had to do was right click on the Shyvana instead of right next to her.

That flash into Zion was probably a mistake.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

This is twice that TSMs level 1 invade to red buff has kind of hosed them. They need to bail when it doesnt work out or commit harder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
CST Daydreamin Leona fight sequence there:

1) Solar Flare absolutely nothing with TSM all grouped up.
2) Zenith Blade into Tank Dyrus
3) Realize Error, Immediately Flash Out
4) Run Away as Team Nearly Gets Aced

• Locked thread