Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

Coast has no idea how to teamfight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
drat, this game keeps teeter-tottering.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Coast is gonna lategame choke if they don't actually close this game right now.

e: And just as I type that...

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Libertine posted:

CST Daydreamin Leona fight sequence there:

1) Solar Flare absolutely nothing with TSM all grouped up.
2) Zenith Blade into Tank Dyrus
3) Realize Error, Immediately Flash Out
4) Run Away as Team Nearly Gets Aced

Just going to quote myself because that basically just happened again. Only this time he hit Dyrus with the initial solar flare and died in the aftermath.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
If TSM gets vision control this game is over. They have way too much positional control with the Sivir + Panth ults.

TWSS
Jun 19, 2008
"tsm making the call to go for dragon"

that big purple dragon on the top side of the map

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Just saw a third solar flare that made a pretty halo around Zion Spartan's Dragonform, but otherwise did nothing. Yet I guess Coast could still win this.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

xAhri

Well, not really. Coast still looked pretty bad in the last third of the match.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Wow what an ending!

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

xpeke'd with the lichbane ahri

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

HOLY poo poo SHIPHTURRRRR

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
What a loving ending!!!

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

SHIPTUR WITH THE BEAUTIFUL XPEKE!

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
SHIPHTURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

WildTurtle's positioning killed that fight for them. Walking straight into the entire lineup of Coast was a baaaad move.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Halfway across the world XPeke looks up and smiles

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

So good.

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

Shiphtur oh my god

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

GOD loving drat

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
That was a loving crazy game start to finish.

uaciaut
Mar 20, 2008
:splurp:
NA games are hilarious. Bjergsen using ult there guaranteed that they cant win the teamfight after.

Coast REALLY cracked under pressure when it came to closing out the game.

Also Xshiphtur

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Wow, that was an awesome game.

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!
XPEKEEEE

Mr Fahrenheit
Dec 10, 2010

Travelin' at the speed of light.
Coast took that game by half an auto attack animation. Annie had a fireball in the air when the Nexus went down. If Coast learns how to teamfight better (and TSM stops playing passive against Leona), the rematch is going to be the realest match in every sense of the word.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
DAYUM

That was a great game. Too bad TSM lost, but still, wow, what a madhouse.

uaciaut
Mar 20, 2008
:splurp:
It's funny because if Shiphtur rushed rabadons void after DFG the game would've been over 20 mins ago (provided Coast would not have thrown even harder) but the ending wouldn't have been this spectacular.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

That game was a bunch of whiffed ultimates/skills into grinder blender team fights. Coast ended up winning on a stroke of luck when they had such an enormous advantage in gold they should have easily and decisively crushed a victory. I don't know how it was "good" other than being a dramatic finish.

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

uaciaut posted:

Lichbane Ahri needs to use lichbane procs during sieges.

edit: to add i think going lichbane after DFG on Ahri is REALLY questionable, if you went DFG you generally want to commit to maximizing the burst you can do during the DFG debuff timeframe and lichbane generally equates to more sustained damage (unless it's the 6th item on top of 500+ AP).

Eh, Lichbane and DFG don't synergize but they are probably the two most broken AP items right now (and arguably Zhonyas as the third) and just grabbing both gives you a ton of power early on.

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

That celebration playback :kimchi:

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Shiphtur put his team on his back that game.

Mr Fahrenheit
Dec 10, 2010

Travelin' at the speed of light.

Libertine posted:

I don't know how it was "good" other than being a dramatic finish.

That's why.

VVVV Didn't Regi call them a bunch of hipsters in the pregame interview? I know Regi saying silly things is par fore the course, but if it's just good-natured ribbing between friend I guess it makes him look like less of a douche.

Mr Fahrenheit fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Feb 22, 2014

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Here, watch it again.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Of all the teams to end TSMs win streak Im glad it was CST since they are 2 of the friendliest teams to each other. They scrim a lot and TSM always seems to respect them.

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013

Vaah posted:

That celebration playback :kimchi:

My favorite part was Alex Penn rushing the stage and knocking his glasses off in the process. :allears:

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

Libertine posted:

That game was a bunch of whiffed ultimates/skills into grinder blender team fights. Coast ended up winning on a stroke of luck when they had such an enormous advantage in gold they should have easily and decisively crushed a victory. I don't know how it was "good" other than being a dramatic finish.

Wow. How can you be a wet blanket after an ending like that? Sure, everything you said was right. WHO THE gently caress CARES! That was a photo-finish to a game where a favorite was mounting a really intense comeback. Games like that are what people remember, not textbook play.

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man

Libertine posted:

They also didn't so much win it as survived long enough for Turtle to throw a teamfight like 3 times until they could finally limp into a finish. The only dramatic thing about the finish was how they almost failed to pull it off despite having superior numbers.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

AttackBacon posted:

Wow. How can you be a wet blanket after an ending like that? Sure, everything you said was right. WHO THE gently caress CARES! That was a photo-finish to a game where a favorite was mounting a really intense comeback. Games like that are what people remember, not textbook play.

Yea it was cool. Bjerg and OddOne 2v4 vs CST trying to save the Nexus was great. They almost did it! I argue they would have if they focused Ahri down instead of Leona.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Libertine posted:

Yeah, the last couple minutes were insane, but really, Coast only managed to eek out a win despite their teamfighting, not because of it. I feel like Bjerg was actually really weak on Gragas, maybe gone for Zed? Who knows. Bjerg on a non-assassin type mid really dampened the playmaking ability there.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Coast would've lost that one if Bjerg had made better use of his ult and WildTurtle hadn't stuck himself in fart gently caress Baron Pit Hell for whatever reason. It was a really great ending, but I'm hoping Coast takes this game to heart, because losing with a giant lead like that would have been a disaster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

babydonthurtme
Apr 21, 2005
It's my first time...
Grimey Drawer
I don't even know what to say about that game. 5 more mins and Coast would probably have lost, and man, TSM was either seriously underestimating Coast, or Bjergsen was tilting on Gragas or something.

• Locked thread