Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BloodDesk UnderHell
Sep 24, 2007

Wow! He licks good boot!

Schwarzwald posted:

Maybe they could use the design as a midboss, or a Bigeye equivalent.

Dr. Not-Wily will have an apple motif.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Kraus posted:

I was playing through MMX to unlock Battle and Chase on the MMX collection earlier today, and I noticed that on the computer boot screen that's part of the intro, the copyright dates for whatever system Dr. Cain is running are 2105, 2109, and 2114. All we have to do is live 100 more years to see the events of MMX unfold.

That implies that the events of Megaman should be happening right now. Where's my robot apocalypse?! :colbert:

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

TaurusOxford posted:

That implies that the events of Megaman should be happening right now. Where's my robot apocalypse?! :colbert:

When-- was the last time you stepped outside? :ohdear:

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

The first game was set in 200X, which means it's already happened.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah, MM1 was 2008, IIRC. We're currently living MM7.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

TaurusOxford posted:

There isn't one probably because of feminists :argh:

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

TaurusOxford posted:

They already won. They are hiding among us as our iPhones and iPads.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Mordaedil posted:

Well, considering in Megaman classic the robots are helping society in between murderous rampages, it checks out.

So, how long we got until Wily gets out of jail again?

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

chiasaur11 posted:

Well, considering in Megaman classic the robots are helping society in between murderous rampages, it checks out.

So, how long we got until Wily gets out of jail again?

Well, Steve Jobs died and Bill Gates was never in prison in the first place... We'll see what the mysterious mister X currently heading both departments do, however.

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!
I'm not a robot.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

TaurusOxford posted:

It's coming.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDGbem2mKGM&hd=1

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem
Yeah, the first Megaman game was set in the year 200X, and the later ones were 20XX, I believe.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Mordaedil posted:

Clearly we're in the divergent Battle Network timeline.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Lurdiak posted:

Its true, we already got ovens that connect to the internet. We're just waiting for someone to invent Mr. Prog now, then we'll be set.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

Impossible, nut everything has weird typo.s

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Barudak posted:

Impossible, nut everything has weird typo.s

Remember when leetspeak was popular? Not a coincidence.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

TaurusOxford posted:

Turns out that we like weed.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Holy loving poo poo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqFsp0-l3es&hd=1

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Ok yeah that pretty well owned.

edit: They should do a Mega Man game in the SRW style. Other than that Chinese PC one.

Light Gun Man fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Feb 23, 2014

Panic Restaurant
Jul 19, 2006

:retrogames: :3: :retrogames:

Pork Pro
The pain of what will never be consumes me. :sigh: Can we get Hitoshi Ariga to direct the next (lol) Mega Man game? After reading Megamix and Gigamix, that dude just loving GETS it.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I got this for my birthday I win.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

I wish I could get an extra life for my birthday. :megaman:

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Wm8-DsVqHE

Inti Creates, the company that Capcom subcontracted to develop the Zero games, the ZX games, and MM9 and MM10, have announced that they will be releasing a new platformer, Azure Striker Gunvolt. The gameplay and style looks very reminiscent of Mega Man. I have a feeling this game might be to Inti Creates what Mighty Number 9 is to Inafune.

Although, since Inafune himself is also involved in the project, that might not be a very apt comparison.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Much like the Zero series, that is some beautiful artwork marred by atrocious designs.

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010
It's apparently being directed by Yoshihisa Tsuda, who was the lead designer on Zero 2 and 3.

There's a bunch of art, screens and information at http://www.4gamer.net/games/249/G024999/20140306072/

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Lurdiak posted:

Much like the Zero series, that is some beautiful artwork marred by atrocious designs.
I dunno, I think it looks pretty good all-around.

Like, it's pretty anime, but that's only a bad thing if you're not into it. The attack patterns off the bosses seemed neat.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Oh hey, a great game for my 3DS that I could actually play on the bus.

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010
Gunvolt's basic attack is the Dart Leader, a low-powered pistol that can rapid-fire when the attack button is held down. When you hit an enemy with it, you'll lock on to that enemy; you can have up to three locks on the same enemy at the same time.

Gunvolt's main damage source is the Raigekirin (Lightning Scales), which creates a sphere of electricity around him that slowly damages enemies inside it. If you've locked on to any on-screen enemies with the Dart Leader, it also strikes them with highly damaging lightning bolts - the more lock-ons you have on an enemy, the more bolts will strike it. Locking on to multiple enemies before using Raigekirin is apparently the key to getting high scores. Furthermore, Raigekirin allows you to block enemy bullets and missiles as well as hover in midair.

Some of the skills you can acquire during the game are a double jump, an air dash and a full-screen attack called Voltic Chain.

Bosses appear to be based on the seven deadly sins.

Daytona is based on wrath and fights with a combination of explosions and kicks. He has a fast sliding attack on the ground, tosses bombs which can be blocked with Raigekirin and can change his attacks by transforming into a centaur. His Special Skill is turning into a touhou boss and causing bullet hell to happen.

Melac is based on sloth, which is why he rides a flying recliner. His ability is creating wormholes, which he uses to grab beer from the fridge without getting off the couch redirect his chair's rocket punches at Gunvolt. By increasing the size of the exit portal, he can increase the size of his attacks. His Special Skill involves using several wormholes to make a giant laser beam bounce all over the room.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Man, as awesome as this looks, I wish they were releasing a Vita version. I just can't justify getting a 3DS for just this, no matter how amazing it looks.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I just got a 3DS for Bravely Default. This is the best time.

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010
Full video of Inafune playing the MN9 alpha back in January:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vqoOZ4m-M8

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Those who wanted a new X instead of a new Classic Megaman should be happy with the dashes and air dashes. No wall grab (unless you can get it post-transformation) but you can grab a drat ledge so it's all good.

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010
New MN9 video from GDC. Direct capture footage this time:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acQj71oGAB8

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Man I really hope they put that Secret Stinger Character into the game proper in some form. Maybe a bonus fight.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
Beck looks agile. I am liking it so far.

I am waiting to see how they'll handle the boss weapons. I hope it's not a boss transform a la ZXA, becuase even though they were cool they were not good due to loss of mobility.

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Where have you been all my life?
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer
Gotta say, I really want to know what the purpose of the dash is going to be... All of those "goods" need to add up to something, I guess. I guess they want more run and gun, but I'm hoping the levels slow you down enough to think strategically too.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Man that music is GOLD!

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

The Jorts of Zeus posted:

Gotta say, I really want to know what the purpose of the dash is going to be... All of those "goods" need to add up to something, I guess. I guess they want more run and gun, but I'm hoping the levels slow you down enough to think strategically too.

My guess is that it would be how he recharges energy for his abilities, with stuff like 'good' or 'excellent' determining how much juice you get back out of it. Of course, the meters in the upper left clearly don't change at all, but given the game is still in early development, they may be running with the various caps and effects off for now. But it would fit with how Beck runs on the exact same stuff (Xel and all), and might pick up weapons from them.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

S-Alpha posted:

Man, as awesome as this looks, I wish they were releasing a Vita version. I just can't justify getting a 3DS for just this, no matter how amazing it looks.

You have a Vita and not a 3DS?

...huh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...