Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Sham bam bamina! posted:

this album is p. yospos but sadly not as yospos as its artwork would suggest

this is pretty chill and awesome

i've been listening to professor kliq while i play dotes lately and its good gaming music if you're into listening to beeps boops while playing games http://open.spotify.com/album/7gf1BNF4YoliT6y24RSUhb

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2U3NG1TdEc

hubris.height fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Feb 19, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

USSMICHELLEBACHMAN posted:

somehow i'd never listened to danzig and i just assumed he was this weird popmetal guy kind of the periphery of everything. i didn't know he was in the misfits??? and apparently isn't just some joke??

no hes a joke alright

he was the worst part of misfits and his solo stuff is kinda bad im very sorry

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

is there anything better for hosting mixes than soundcloud cause the 2 hours free limit sucks

mixcloud was loving terrible last time i tried it so besides that i guess

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Miley Virus posted:

is there anything better for hosting mixes than soundcloud

host your own site at dreamhost dot com, code crayzgoon

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

yeah i figure that's my only hope

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
cx.com is good, it's just a general filehost but it has a little player applet for mp3s and my free account has ten gigs of space :)

obligatory :goatsecx: joke

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Panty Saluter posted:

quoting the most shameful post

this is why im terrifeied to post in anything about any music ever.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
did has terrible opinions on danzig shocking did is kinda right but the misfits kinda shat the bed once danzig left, didn't they?

that said, most his stuff is meh but how the gods kill, mother, dirty black summer, and a few other tracks in and of themselves are pretty good. how the gods kill as an album is pretty good, considering there's thousands of albums in the world i wouldn't even give an attempt to listen to

hubris.height fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Feb 20, 2014

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i'm all caught up on albums that i intended to listen to please recommend me some good albums by good bands © in genres like trance, eletronica, downtempo, ambient, or that glitchy 80s poo poo thats getting kinda popular

tia

spotify links appreciated

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

hubris.height posted:

did has terrible opinions on danzig shocking did is kinda right but the misfits kinda shat the bed once danzig left, didn't they?

i really liked them post-danzig but a lot of people dont? i like them pre-danzig too but theyre a little different

mostly i dont really get the danzig worship, his solo stuff isnt great, his tenure with the misfits, well, happened, but theyre still good without him.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
mother was ok i guess but other than that danzig never did much for me v:shobon:v

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVKmRzxBhGw

this girl im seeing, for every cool music thing she shows me like this theres like 10 indie bands that just sound identical and idk just idk i dont hate them just, i dont

care

or am capable of telling them apart

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i kinda feel like that about almost anything made in thr elast 10 years

good thing i still always have pink floyd and one electronic dance song that i like on my ipod

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice
:pcgaming:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsQjC5zVnt8
:pcgaming:

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

nigga crab pollock posted:

this girl im seeing, for every cool music thing she shows me like this theres like 10 indie bands that just sound identical and idk just idk i dont hate them just, i dont

care

or am capable of telling them apart

the thing with music is that it isn't easy to make good stuff, and even good bands release a lot of poo poo that is mediocre at best. in the last year i've listened to more albums than i can count and most of them kinda blended like my posts into a white noise. its difficult to find objectively good stuff and some people get lazy in the search for good stuff

obviously i don't know what she's showing you but it sounds like she's settling musically idk ymmv

also enchio doesn't everyone in yospos but me hate pink floyd

loving owns

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

speaking of white noise here's a dumb lovely thing

https://soundcloud.com/orbic/its-a-mix-thing-04-february

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

... miley virus would be an aight dj name

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
hell yeah that's p good, but so is orbi

also phantogram loving owns

http://open.spotify.com/album/2R2Cwe4kI8b2WObXZ90wOC

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

yeah the only good part of big boi's last album was that i discovered phantogram

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Miley Virus posted:

speaking of white noise here's a dumb lovely thing

https://soundcloud.com/orbic/its-a-mix-thing-04-february

this is p good

i'll have to finish it up on monday. i'm at about 17m now and it was pretty good, v chill

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

hubris.height posted:

this is p good

i'll have to finish it up on monday. i'm at about 17m now and it was pretty good, v chill

gets a bit weird later but still chill

i mostly just make this poo poo for me to listen to while playing games or studying so yeah

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

maybe my favorite alice cooper song of all time, which is weird, since he had so much really good stuff back in the '70s

Panty Saluter posted:

mother was ok i guess but other than that danzig never did much for me v:shobon:v

same

the new "watching people play rock band on youtube" is here :blush:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elylsyCUE8c

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

hubris.height posted:

enchio doesn't everyone in yospos but me hate pink floyd

yeah idgi either. great stuff. i heard some people blew too many loads on it in they teens and as an adult can't do it but it wasn't till my late 20s i got in maybe that's what's saved me

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

prefect posted:

maybe my favorite alice cooper song of all time, which is weird, since he had so much really good stuff back in the '70s

the chorus is great but it just drags during the verses

the chorus needs a better song

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

echinopsis posted:

yeah idgi either. great stuff. i heard some people blew too many loads on it in they teens and as an adult can't do it but it wasn't till my late 20s i got in maybe that's what's saved me

i didnt get into floyd until my 20s but i got burned out on it anyway

ofc it didnt help that the local dad rock station played them constantly and loving everyone listened to that station

i re-listened to dsotm all the way recently and it owned a lot. it may sound trite but jusy listening to single songs from that record really hurts it

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Panty Saluter posted:

i didnt get into floyd until my 20s but i got burned out on it anyway

i had a similar experience with led zeppelin. tip: just because you have a complete box set doesn't mean you should listen to the whole thing from end to end

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0ul-BghOAs

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkUq4sO4LQM

Tavistock
Oct 30, 2010

Super dope saturday. wish he didn't talk/ all the ojter radio stuff

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03v0mwm

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

guys... i think i like vaporwave

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Miley Virus posted:

guys... i think i like vaporwave

too bad its dead, ░▒▓新しいデラックスライフ▓▒░ - ▣世界から解放され▣ is so loving good.

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

im moving onto seapunk though

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Miley Virus posted:

im moving onto seapunk though

seapunks double dead and also old

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

gently caress whats the next big thing then

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

Free Gucci Man Cruise 740 is a reflective piece that serves as an activity log for a particularly transformative and at times difficult 6 month period following the release of '18-23-20-28-27, emergency stop knob'. Free Gucci Man Cruise 740 was originally intended to be a challenging 3 hour noise document, featuring a concept derived from "Cruising 740". In December of 2013, the decision was made that this project would demonstrate it's point more coherently and efficiently if it were presented in it's at-the-time current format, many thematic concepts were dropped and subsequently many new concepts emerged. "Free Gucci Man(e)" is multi-referential, with it's origins referencing a desire to transcend current paradigms and societal structures; a prayer to free the human species from it's addiction to the long process of becoming God. A separation from Nature requiring a destruction of self in order to possess omnipotence.

This chapter of the diary is over. The ideas contained within this document will never be revisited or reinterpreted. POWER AFFIRMATIONS is coming this summer. I love you. Thank you for listening. Be honest to yourself and others. Have unlimited respect for everyone and everything, including yourself. Treat plants and animals as equals. Consociate rather than expropriate.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Miley Virus posted:

gently caress whats the next big thing then

good music
i like silver mount zions latest album

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
pink floyd is pretty vastly overrated, The Wall is a steaming pile. really their only great albums are DSotM and The Division Bell

also yes, the new Phantogram album is so so good.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Pirate Jet posted:

The Division Bell
:staredog:

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
animals is a really good album too

but seriously you can't call pink floyd over rated when you are willing to admit that two of their albums are really good and i can add one more than most would agree is awesome. the wall is certainly over rated by boomers with nostalgia, but i really can't think of many artists who have a discography that includes two great albums, much less three

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Pirate Jet posted:

pink floyd is pretty vastly overrated, The Wall is a steaming pile. really their only great albums are DSotM and The Division Bell

i think the wall is a million times better than dark side :shrug:

hubris.height posted:

animals is a really good album too

• Locked thread