Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

SybilVimes posted:

You do NOT bathe cats unless they have oil or gum in their fur. Bathing a cat is abuse

So then the automatic cat washing machine (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VfSl0iGAus, :nms: if you're one of those furbaby types) is right out, then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I wonder what the brainstorming session was for the automatic cat bath, because that seems like the most unnecessary thing.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Probably "My arm is a sleeve of ragged bleeding flesh and my cat is still covered in pigshit. There must be a better way."

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

flakeloaf posted:

Probably "My arm is a sleeve of ragged bleeding flesh and my cat is still covered in pigshit. There must be a better way."

Yes, bathing cats is so much fun. People should stop deriving such sadistic pleasure from torturing defenseless kitties.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

syscall girl posted:

PI is leaking.

No SV always posts dumb poo poo like this

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Deteriorata posted:

Yes, bathing cats is so much fun.

It is, even though the fur sticks to your tongue.

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"
When my cat was tiny kitten he got poo poo on him self a couple times so I had to bath him. He eventually caught on and started cleaning himself. An adult cat should rarely need to be bathed.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Shnag posted:

When my cat was tiny kitten he got poo poo on him self a couple times so I had to bath him. He eventually caught on and started cleaning himself. An adult cat should rarely need to be bathed.

If the cat gets something on its fur that would be hazardous for it to lick off you need to bathe it

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Wilford Cutlery posted:

It is, even though the fur sticks to your tongue.

I get this reference!

HOW COULD YOU
Jun 1, 2006

The man in black fled across Middle Tennessee, and Pierre followed.
As fun as cat baths are to talk about, they are not fun to talk about.

CONTENT

Hockey has been a great source of schadenfreude lately.

The American olympic hockey team lost in the semi-finals against Canada,

This is noted douchebag Patrick Kane all sad about it.

Then today, America got their chance at the bronze medal in a game against Finland. In this game Kane got a chance for TWO penalty shots, which are basically a free 1v1 shot at the net, not a guaranteed goal, but really good chances.

He missed both.

This is Patrick Kane.

And this is his medal

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Being splashed by a car is not that bad. Unless you're this guy:

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.

HOW COULD YOU posted:

As fun as cat baths are to talk about, they are not fun to talk about.

CONTENT

Hockey has been a great source of schadenfreude lately.

The American olympic hockey team lost in the semi-finals against Canada,

This is noted douchebag Patrick Kane all sad about it.

Then today, America got their chance at the bronze medal in a game against Finland. In this game Kane got a chance for TWO penalty shots, which are basically a free 1v1 shot at the net, not a guaranteed goal, but really good chances.

He missed both.

This is Patrick Kane.

And this is his medal

Don't forget the best part: The final score was 5-0 for Finland. They got completely demolished.

Kruller
Feb 20, 2004

It's time to restore dignity to the Farnsworth name!

President Ark posted:

Deliberately stopping and pulling in behind someone else is admitting defeat. You must always be going faster than someone. Even if you're going to stop in 10 feet, you have to be in front of someone else.

It is not enough that I should succeed - others should fail.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

sticklefifer posted:

What's the demographic for this? Because if it's any higher than like, 8 year olds, I have a different kind of schadenfreude for the ridiculous sound designer of this clip.

Ant: "SQUEEEEEAAAALLLL"
Spider: "RAAAAAAAOOOOOORRRRR"

If you watched that video and your first reaction wasn't to go find the rest of the series then I'm sorry that you hate fun.

E: ha ha, apparently cellar spiders make angry bird noises when threatened. who knew?

Good Citizen has a new favorite as of 06:57 on Feb 23, 2014

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Morkyz
Aug 6, 2013
That sounds more like STDH.txt than schadenfreude. Unless the kid had his boner whipped out during class why would the teacher grab it?

Larry Horseplay
Oct 24, 2002

Can't imagine why a dude with a Bruins avatar would be sore about Chicago Blackhawk Patrick Kane. Nope.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Morkyz posted:

That sounds more like STDH.txt than schadenfreude. Unless the kid had his boner whipped out during class why would the teacher grab it?

Probably left it set on vibrate by mistake.

Dear Prudence
Sep 3, 2012

ThaShaneTrain posted:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=60d_1392830284

I wonder how many have actually happened but aren't uploaded.

Annoying "My kid sings along with the radio" video finally gets interesting.

This is from a while ago, but I my story is kinda relevant. I work in a call center and there was one time where I was talking to someone who was clearly on a cell phone driving and I heard them crash their car. Thankfully I guess it was a minor fender bender because there were no screams of agony and death. After the initial shock I had to try really hard not to laugh when the customer told me they had to go and would call back later.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

SybilVimes posted:

You do NOT bathe cats unless they have oil or gum in their fur. Bathing a cat is abuse

You have figuratively no idea what you're talking about.

Shocking.

HOW COULD YOU
Jun 1, 2006

The man in black fled across Middle Tennessee, and Pierre followed.

Larry Horseplay posted:

Can't imagine why a dude with a Bruins avatar would be sore about Chicago Blackhawk Patrick Kane. Nope.

It's almost as if I don't like him, evidenced by my post in this thread where I take pleasure in his misfortunes

But what could it mean?????

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Morkyz posted:

Saw him holding it and assumed he was texting?

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

HOW COULD YOU posted:

It's almost as if I don't like him, evidenced by my post in this thread where I take pleasure in his misfortunes

But what could it mean?????

I guess Patrick Kane will cheer himself up by thinking about how he won the Stanley Cup last year.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

As a sportsfan who lives near Chicago who doesn't give a poo poo about hockey, there is no end to my joy over this. Justin Beiber standing on the "Indian Head" painted on the floor in the Black Hawks locker room for a photo op triggered some kind of flashback to back when Chicago was relevant in sports, and they haven't shut the gently caress up about it for like a year.

Dalax
Oct 27, 2007

Dear Prudence posted:

This is from a while ago, but I my story is kinda relevant. I work in a call center and there was one time where I was talking to someone who was clearly on a cell phone driving and I heard them crash their car. Thankfully I guess it was a minor fender bender because there were no screams of agony and death. After the initial shock I had to try really hard not to laugh when the customer told me they had to go and would call back later.

In a similar vein, I had called one of our clients and she answered the phone whilst driving. I said I wasn't comfortable talking to her while she was driving but said it was ok. The next thing she said was that she was being pulled over by the police. From my end I heard;

*knock on window*

"Can you just pull the car over there and wind down your window please madam"

For some reason she kept me on the line whilst she was being talked to by the police. I hung up half way through. Later on she had the audacity to blame me for the fine she received for driving whilst on a mobile phone.

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.
You should just hang up on anyone who is driving on the phone. gently caress politeness and customer service; you could be saving a life.

arnbiguous
Feb 2, 2014
Gary’s Answer
Does nobody use handsfree anymore?

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Captain Novolin posted:

Don't forget the best part: The final score was 5-0 for Finland. They got completely demolished.

Now Gretzky would make so many fakes the goalies didn't know what the gently caress on the penalty shots. There are some in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFX0dVXNDXw

Herv has a new favorite as of 14:22 on Feb 23, 2014

Tampa Bay Barbie
Oct 30, 2011

Theresa Frontpage posted:

You still need to concentrate on actually driving though.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Theresa Frontpage posted:

Doesn't matter. Using a phone while driving is dangerous and you shouldn't do it, even if it's hands-free. The main issue is the same either way, it's distracting and takes your attention away from actually driving.

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
I'm down with that brother
More than a few times working in a call center the question of "do you have a pen?" Was met with "not right now I'm driving." I worked at the tax office too so most of the time we'd be asking for details and figures.

There was one time I got halfway through a call before there was a loud bang, a "poo poo!" and an embarrassed "I'll have to call you back."

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Tiggum posted:

Doesn't matter. Using a phone while driving is dangerous and you shouldn't do it, even if it's hands-free. The main issue is the same either way, it's distracting and takes your attention away from actually driving.

What's the difference between using hands-free and talking to a passenger?

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Any time you have a passenger in the car you should force them to stare straight ahead and never talk or move. Otherwise you might get distracted and crash!

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.
The best ones I ever got were:

1) Guy driving a tractor and trying to call about his DSL. I couldn't hear him over the engine, etc and I told him to call back later. He starts screaming at me and tells me just to SPEAK UP, GOD YOU DUMB BITCH. I was also worried about any poor bastards in that field anywhere near him.

2) Man driving a truck down the highway. He needs to reset his password or something. I tell him he needs to be near a computer to do so, blah blah, blah, etc. He responds with "Oh, I'll just pop open my laptop here... It'll be fine, I'm on the highway, it's open." And I felt a chill run down my spine. The vision of some dude barreling down a Texas highway with his laptop open. I expressed my concern, and he gave up because he couldn't get a wireless signal. Not because he could potentially kill or injure people, nope. No wireless.

3) Lady driving wants her transcript. She is gonna use her phone to reset the password! ... followed by a loud BANG and a cop siren. Oops.

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"

Dixville posted:

Any time you have a passenger in the car you should force them to stare straight ahead and never talk or move. Otherwise you might get distracted and crash!

A passenger is distracting but provides an extra set of eyes on the road. Seriously, no one needs this explained to them do they? The phone it self is distracting, not because your hands aren't at the 10 and 2 o'clock positions. "Hands free" devices should carry the same fine imo.

Working at a call center for apple I had a guy call from his car. He couldn't even give me his phones serial number. Of course it was some how my fault he could't provide the most basic information to me. Also with apple you couldn't hang up on a customer regardless of what they said. Working for apple confirmed to me their products are worthless pieces of poo poo that are literally (not figuratively) designed to fail within two years.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

jabby posted:

What's the difference between using hands-free and talking to a passenger?

VicRoads posted:

If a dangerous situation develops, your passenger can stop talking and let you concentrate on driving. On a mobile phone, the person you’re talking to isn’t aware of the danger and will keep talking, further distracting you when your full concentration is needed.

Ein
Feb 27, 2002
Those cars with built in phones are road legal death traps, I can't believe a manufacturer like Mercedes would be irresponsible to put something like that in their cars.

For some distracted driving schadenfreude, there was a long distance bus driver a couple of years ago that barreled down the highway with a load of passengers while steering with his knees and doing his taxes with the help of his smartphone and the passengers weren't impressed. He lost his job very quickly.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Ein posted:

For some distracted driving schadenfreude, there was a long distance bus driver a couple of years ago that barreled down the highway with a load of passengers while steering with his knees and doing his taxes with the help of his smartphone and the passengers weren't impressed. He lost his job very quickly.

Multitasking like a motherfucker, drat.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Costanza strikes again!

• Locked thread