Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Captain Magic posted:

I don't know that I've heard a single even-slightly negative thing about Quakewave. I regret missing out on him.

??? http://www.toydojo.com/fans-toys-ft-03-purple-quake-wave/ ???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Kinda want that gray one now ...

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Guess I'm gonna put in an order for a dang dinosaur. Thanks y'all.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

SpikeMcclane posted:

I finally have a good use for that 1/12th scale bathroom stall.

Oh poo poo. I was just thinking that I'm going to have to get a little toilet for my G2 Sideswipe to sit on. I need to get one of those now.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

therealjon_ posted:

Kinda want that gray one now ...

I have both side by side, they are amazing. And if anyone is wondering about Toy Dojo, the owner is a personal friend of mine, top notch customer service.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Walked through TRU on the way to somewhere else in the mall, and found a Skids hiding behind a whole mess of Dreadwings and Goldfires. :canada:

E: I will always kind of regret not getting the slab of beef from the Rocky action figure line a few years back. Not enough to hunt it down on eBay, mind.

Phy fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Feb 22, 2014

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
So if any of you have YOTH Optimus Prime, stand the trailer up in repair mode or whatever and have a bunch of blue LEDs or ultra violet lights shine through it in a dark room.

It's :catdrugs: incarnate. Like the opening to 2001 but the details of the trailer interior are projected everywhere it's a monolith of lightpiping, awe inspiring, breathtaking.

And I don't have a proper camera to capture it's majesty....

But yeah imagine the entire movie of tron as an action figure.

I'm almost convinced that the clear trailer and weird plastic choices was meant to be shown as a piece of art and not just a toy. Because the Light reflects perfectly off of optimus as his stands infront of the trailer all silhouette like in robot mode.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Feb 22, 2014

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

Ah, shucks, okay. Thank you.

Okay well between clearance Legos (already bought), the Sea Cow and SpaceshipspaceshipSPACESHIP! (probably next month's big purchases), and a sort of unofficial moratorium I have put on big TF purchases...I am probably still going to miss out on him.

Chu Chu
Jun 15, 2010
With all that toyfair news I'm really happy we can be back on minibot watch.

...and the money saved not having to import Swerve, I suppose that...um, justifies getting My First Blaster, right?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Good news the Cloud version of Brawn looks like garbage, and is pretty much indistinguishable from Bulkhead in vehicle form(they're both green where the green is and no other major differences).

Brawn's head is also smaller than his hands and his head and arms are all flat gray. He does not have the same color applications as the GDO version and actually has less. Mind you this guy is going for 90 bucks.

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

I wonder if sometime soon, the comics are going to do a major population boom or somehow magic back all the dead characters(or most of them)?

The current theme seems to be that there really aren't all that many Autobots and Decepticons left. It's said somewhere I think that 'millions' of unaligned ones left at the start of the war, but RiD at current suggests a population of maybe I dunno...500-600 tops?

Luna 2 had that dormant hotspot that apparently consisted of around a billion sparks, and there was the revelation that the matrix can indeed be used to create life - if it's ever fixed.

I mean they can keep repopulating the main/supplementary casts with endless characters from Beast Wars, the Unicron Trilogy, redesigned Micromasters & Minicons, etc etc etc. But it would be interesting to see it on the backdrop of a bustling planet somewhere.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
I guess that depends on how accurate Ironhide's vision of the future was.

Iced Cocoa
Jul 14, 2011

I've never been 100% sure that it was Rodimus carrying the Matrix that reignited the hotspot. Because someone else manages to touch down at the same time.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
The state of TRU Brent Cross:

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Voyagers for $19.99 at TRU? Crazy.

That said, I wish my local TRUs had some 14.99 prime Voyagers, they're still $26.99 or something here. Also, wish my TRUs had that many TF figures in general.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Anora posted:

Voyagers for $19.99 at TRU? Crazy.

That said, I wish my local TRUs had some 14.99 prime Voyagers, they're still $26.99 or something here. Also, wish my TRUs had that many TF figures in general.

That's £19.99, which is about $30.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
I didn't know about the Ultra class Energon Starscream re-issue. I have the voyager and unless that one is massively more complex, and not just blown-up with a crown, I have no clue how you justify that cost.

Better than TRU Hayes yesterday anyway, no MPs for sure, a few FoC guys, some FoC and BH Voyagers, thank that was about it.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

BizarroAzrael posted:

I didn't know about the Ultra class Energon Starscream re-issue. I have the voyager and unless that one is massively more complex, and not just blown-up with a crown, I have no clue how you justify that cost.

That's exactly what it is, and quite simply you can't justify the cost. There's just no way. That's a $50 figure tops, all day long.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
Son of a bitch I wish ANYWHERE near me had Metroplex. I refuse to buy a Costco membership just for one toy.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

The_Doctor posted:

The state of TRU Brent Cross:

Glad I didn't bother going the other week then. It's still £30+ for a Skids on ebay too. I'll see what I can find in New York when I go next month but I don't hold out hope.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Rubiks Pubes posted:

Son of a bitch I wish ANYWHERE near me had Metroplex. I refuse to buy a Costco membership just for one toy.

You should get a Costco membership because buying giant pallets of food is awesome. A toy is just a bonus!

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Rubiks Pubes posted:

None of the Costco stores around me have them any longer, anyway.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

All kinds of MP sized third party Dinobots being announced. Only one I'll preorder before reviews is Acoria though.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Yeah, a Costco membership is really worth it. Not worth it for Metroplex, but for huge boxes of food and beer for low prices.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Gammatron 64 posted:

Yeah, a Costco membership is really worth it. Not worth it for Metroplex, but for huge boxes of food and beer for low prices.

That and they're the one big box retailer that actually treats their employees like human beings.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

Gammatron 64 posted:

The $1.50 hot dog and drink combo is tough to beat, and the very berry sundae is delicious.

My Costco unfortunately never got Metroplex though :-/
It looks cool but I didn't want to spend more than a $100 for something tgat barely has an alt mode.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

404GoonNotFound posted:

That and they're the one big box retailer that actually treats their employees like human beings.

That too. I feel better buying stuff from Costco than Wal-Mart.

I got my Metroplex way before it was announced that Costco was getting them for $80, and I haven't ever seen one in there. Costco doesn't usually have toys anymore. Although years back when Cybertron was still going, I got this badass two pack of RiD Optimus Prime and Ultra Magnus there.

I think what we can take away from this conversation is that y'all should get a Costco card, just sayin'.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

404GoonNotFound posted:

I worked there almost a decade ago, and I can confirm they are a great company to work for and have policies that are actually beneficial to employees, which is sadly very rare.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Rubiks Pubes posted:

You bitched about this when it was announced too, and they've been up at HTS for months. Just order one dude. They've been gone from Costco for awhile.

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/transformers-generations-titan-class-metroplex-with-autobot-scamper-figure?BR=496&ID=32177

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Metroplex is going to cost you a ton of money no matter how you get it. It's a 2 foot tall transformer. And there's people who bought 12 of them just to take 11 apart and make into terrible customs of characters nobody gives a poo poo about.

Also it serves as a nice place to display transformers once you run out of room.

For full effect it can merge nicely with the new Castle greyskull so you can have even more room to put your classics guys.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
Look I want Metroplex as much as any fan, but $190+ in shipping costs is unheard of, even where I live.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

therealjon_ posted:

All kinds of MP sized third party Dinobots being announced. Only one I'll preorder before reviews is Acoria though.

Yeah, sticking with Fans Toys on this one.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Ka0 posted:

Look I want Metroplex as much as any fan, but $190+ in shipping costs is unheard of, even where I live.

That's ONLY shipping and not counting the actual figure, is it?

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
I forgot I had already complained about it a long time ago. Oopsie

I have a Sam's membership through work that I really don't use anyway.

Thanks for the link to it on HTS, I had seen it on Amazon as well. I guess it would be easier for me to impulse buy it if it was in front of my face.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Rubiks Pubes posted:

I forgot I had already complained about it a long time ago. Oopsie

I have a Sam's membership through work that I really don't use anyway.

Thanks for the link to it on HTS, I had seen it on Amazon as well. I guess it would be easier for me to impulse buy it if it was in front of my face.

Don't get me wrong, when I saw them at $80 I immediately bought two. At $125, it definitely makes you pause.

Aaronicon
Oct 2, 2010

A BLOO BLOO ANYONE I DISAGREE WITH IS A "BAD PERSON" WHO DESERVES TO DIE PLEEEASE DONT FALL ALL OVER YOURSELF WHITEWASHING THEM A BLOO BLOO
We have one of those Metroplexes sitting on the 'toys too big for anyone to care about' shelves at my local Big W for $149AUD. Maybe a little less, and the box is a wee bit scuffy from probably just being ignored and manhandled for so long. I didn't know they were so in demand. Are they actually a cool figure or is it just 'OH GOD IT'S SO BIG I MUST OWN ONE' fever?

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Aaronicon posted:

We have one of those Metroplexes sitting on the 'toys too big for anyone to care about' shelves at my local Big W for $149AUD. Maybe a little less, and the box is a wee bit scuffy from probably just being ignored and manhandled for so long. I didn't know they were so in demand. Are they actually a cool figure or is it just 'OH GOD IT'S SO BIG I MUST OWN ONE' fever?

I think he's pretty awesome, he's got all my Generations Legends figures fighting all over him right now, and he's standing behind my monitor holding either side of my screen.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Aaronicon posted:

He's a pretty awesome figure and has a ton of articulation. Being huge is just an added bonus.

Yeah base mode is the weakest of the bunch, but vehicle mode is sturdy and robot mode is amazing.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

therealjon_ posted:

The Fanstoys Slag is the only one that looks to make major improvements on the dinosaur mode over the G1 guys. I don't think we've seen dino-mode images of the other two, but from what's showing they don't look to have any of the awesome tail or neck articulation Fanstoys worked in.

The new Snarl, for anyone who hasn't seen it:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Knormal posted:

The Fanstoys Slag is the only one that looks to make major improvements on the dinosaur mode over the G1 guys. I don't think we've seen dino-mode images of the other two, but from what's showing they don't look to have any of the awesome tail or neck articulation Fanstoys worked in.

The new Snarl, for anyone who hasn't seen it:

Yeah, this one looks to be similar to the UT Predacons in that it's just the G1 figure made larger and with the bare minimum of modern articulation. Much more interested to see what Fans Toys does with the character. And, of course, Sludge.