Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Weird, I was thinking Four Eyes looked like that Geli comic that I can't find any art examples of because I've apparently forgotten how it's actually spelled.

:laugh:

Bloom County

:911:

Oliver North achieved notoriety for his court-room role in the Iran-Contra scandal. Fawn Hall was his secretary, who aided him in CLANDESTINE ACTIVITIES.

Calvin And Hobbes

Cheap Thrills Cuisine

I remember liking Frank And Ernest as a kid, but I have to imagine that after all these years of doing puns, the cartoonist just screams for ten minutes when he sits down at his drawing-desk these days.

Frazz is the story of a janitor who's independently wealthy, but hangs around the school anyway so that he can be uncomfortably close to the kids who have no other strong adult figures in their lives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Darthemed posted:

Weird, I was thinking Four Eyes looked like that Geli comic that I can't find any art examples of because I've apparently forgotten how it's actually spelled.

Gele?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
But what does the writing of Four Eyes resemble, besides itself?

Momma

I guess it could be annoying to smear the ink as you're writing it, but pen and paper has pretty much died out.
e: and look at the face in the final panel. Lazarus, you're a treasure.

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Dewgy posted:

Her face when she's running back is adorable. She's so drat happy it worked, and when nobody's looking she stops the angry eyes. :3:
In one of the Moomin books - I forget which one - I believe Moomintroll complains to Little My about how she isn't showing him any sympathy and she tells him she can either be happy or angry. That's it.
Honestly, I think a fair amount of us would settle for that emotional spectrum if we had the option.

treasureplane
Jul 12, 2008

throwing darts in lovers' eyes, &c.

And just like that, one of the best edits ever to grace this thread.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Mr. Squishy posted:

I guess it could be annoying to smear the ink as you're writing it, but pen and paper has pretty much died out.

Can-openers. Scissors. :colbert:

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Emmy Lou

Heathcliff

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

Yeah, so, he just straight up stole it.

Pickles

Classic Prince Valiant

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Non Sequitur

Nope, sorry, way not funny, Wiley. Gonna have to do the :ugh... wait.. here's better one:

:v:

Geez, Wiley, way to keep up with modern 25 year old pop culture.

http://youtu.be/gr_Iobkz3BE

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I always thought Frazz was what happened to Calvin when he grew up, at least that's how the strips always felt presented to me.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Turtlicious posted:

I always thought Frazz was what happened to Calvin when he grew up, at least that's how the strips always felt presented to me.

The guy's trying to ride Watterson's coattails and it's skeevy as all get out.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

GorfZaplen posted:

The Phantom

The ghost who is easily distracted by treasure.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

I am genuinely kind of amazed Lynn Johnston's actual husband put up with her as long as he did.

Mister Beeg posted:

Haven't posted this strip in a while. Better catch up.

Holy Molé

Is there any particular reason you post Holy Molé separate from your other comics? I find it's the kind of zen that goes down better once a day than in chunks, and it might be easier to remember.

Also you should probably timg the MAD comics. They're kind of big.

GorfZaplen posted:

The Phantom

All I'm getting out of this storyline is that the Phantom is actually a high-class thief who fights crime when he's bored. What other interpretation is there for the way he keeps getting these priceless artifacts? Remember when he offhandedly mentioned taking 500 year old sunken treasure from a bunch of random blokes who brought it to surface? The Ghost Who Does Not Recognize Salvage Law.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
Sergio Aragones Funnies (Issue #1, July 2011)

Don Martin Dept. (Mad #54, July 1961)

Thorn (April 12-20, 1984)

Lucky Cow (June 6, 2004)

Mister Beeg fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Feb 23, 2014

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I think that Lucky Cow is a repeat.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Tunicate posted:

I think that Lucky Cow is a repeat.

I get the feeling that Clare does that sort of thing on a regular basis.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
Yeah, I accidentally put up the wrong strip (I don't really keep track of what I posted and what I didn't). I corrected the post.

Lurkman
Nov 4, 2008
I think you also skipped over the Thorns between April 11 and 16, unless that's just how the story goes.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Wee Pals

Andertoons

Four Eyes

Lost Side of Suburbia

Zachary Nixon Johnson

Yeesh, this is somehow even more static than usual.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

Lurkman posted:

I think you also skipped over the Thorns between April 11 and 16, unless that's just how the story goes.

I've been sick today, so my brain's only half-working now.

I fixed the post. I decided to just post all the strips because gently caress it, you already read it

Mister Beeg fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Feb 23, 2014

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

You know how those kids today can't get enough of Nicole Kidman.

Apartment 3-G

Pros & Cons

Sally Forth

The Amazing Spider-Man

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

The team behind Zachary Nixon Johnson better watch out, this lady's clearly got the skills to succeed as a professional cartoonist.

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
Gil

Sparrows are actually aggressive douchebags that attack other birds and destroy their eggs. Also that particular one probably cheats on his wife.

Retail

In that case shouldn't you be teaching her how to use a computer and navigate Amazon.com? If the remaining brick and mortar relics don't have robotic re-shelving arms installed within a generation then it'll really be a letdown.

Bleeker the Rechargeable Dog

Alright, whose turn was it to babysit Skip?

Dustin

Some people will give you a good price even if it's slow and worn out. Then you can get a newer one. You might want to erase its memory first though.

On the Fastrack

Where did all the food and plates go?

Heaven's Love Thrift Shop

Well I guess God could make a convenient scapegoat for every situation.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

The Little King

Humanoid Female
Mar 13, 2008

Midnight Moth posted:

On the Fastrack

I can't see that as anything except M&M soup.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Midnight Moth posted:

Gil

Sparrows are actually aggressive douchebags that attack other birds and destroy their eggs. Also that particular one probably cheats on his wife.

Gil is lucky that wasn't a robin!

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Juliet Jones

Phantom Classic

Radio Patrol

Rip Kirby

Big Ben Bolt

Achernar
Sep 2, 2011

Wanamingo posted:

Zachary Nixon Johnson

Yeesh, this is somehow even more static than usual.

The composition in the second panel is giving me a headache. Zach's pose there is completely unnatural.
AG3 is more fluid and dynamic than this crap.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I actually kind of like this Compu-Toon.

F Minus

Mary Worth

Yes. Now that you aren't on meth, I imagine this dinner will be much different, Tommy.

Rex Morgan MD

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Mother Goose & Grimm

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Foxtrot

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.

The answer posted:

Granny's tree house is downstream from where Slylock saw the trash. It would not have floated against the current to this spot.

Slylock Fox

Call one of those birds in the background for help and ask it to deliver the money. Or that helpful ice-skater. What's the point of everyone being an animal if we don't put those animal powers to good use?

Moose and Molly

Remember the good ol' days when people got dressed up all nice and fancy to go to the store? Nowadays you have people going in their pajamas. It's like they have no pride, you know?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Nothing can make this comic enjoyable.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Walk away with the money. It's your word against theirs, Slylock.

Put the $50 in a snowball and throw it across

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

This was my crazy mom. She kept my hair as long as it could possibly be when I was a young child and still always bitches and complains what a pain it was to brush it and wash it and how I would throw fits when she would try to get the tangles out, like a 4 year old really wants long, unmanageable hair.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Ravine? That looks like it's maybe a foot deep. Just walk across.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Slylock Fox Trivia Section, I've got your number. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bagheera_kiplingi

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Tiggum posted:

Ravine? That looks like it's maybe a foot deep. Just walk across.

Give it to Max and throw HIM across. There's plenty of snow, he'll land safely.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

On the rare occasions my windshield freezes over, I just grab a big bottle of warm water and it's cleared in a minute.

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

Mister Kingdom posted:

On the rare occasions my windshield freezes over, I just grab a big bottle of warm water and it's cleared in a minute.

This is a bad idea. You can use cold water, but you shouldn't use warm or hot water.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Alterian posted:

This is a bad idea. You can use cold water, but you shouldn't use warm or hot water.

Well, room temperature water. Warmer than the ice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Peanuts gives us a childhood nightmare. (February 26, 1967)

Funky Winkerbean

"Yeah, how dare he let us know he's alive! I'm alive, and you don't hear me bragging about it."

If Swee'pea's old enough to join the navy in Classic Popeye Sunday, maybe he is old enough to be hung in the dailies. (c. 1941)

Pogo (March 1, 1970)

First-Gen Blondie, in which Blondie herself looms large by her absence. (c. 1941)

Out Our Way (July 2-3, 1924)

• Locked thread