Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Silent treatment.

Also, will we ever stop failing checks? :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

As hilarious as trying to come up with false flattery when we have never taken Flattery classes might be, let's go for silent scorn. We were able to impress an entire ballroom just by walking down to meet our father with queenly dignity, after all, and make the treasury guards stand aside as we marched past them - let's see if we can focus it on one person instead.

(I'm curious how the game picks people when you just get the list of types of people to look for; I know when you get the list there's multiple 'scandalous' options, for example. Is it always Julianna if you're picking blindly (assuming she isn't in prison)?)

Edmond Dantes posted:

I have had passing a check result in death and failing an identical check result in survival.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Insult, it's going to be gloriously bad. You won't regret voting for it. :allears:

Edmond Dantes posted:

Nope. Well, actually yes. After the terminal one that is.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:
Silent scorn just pure :mad: face.

A Pair Of Ducks
Dec 16, 2009

zonohedron posted:

(I'm curious how the game picks people when you just get the list of types of people to look for; I know when you get the list there's multiple 'scandalous' options, for example. Is it always Julianna if you're picking blindly (assuming she isn't in prison)?)

I'm not sure if you can even get to that point with Julianna in prison. May have to try that. But anyway if we had a better check in a certain skill we could actually pick someone other than Julianna.

Happy Blue
Oct 18, 2012
Silent scorn.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
:catstare:

(That is, silent scorn.)

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Silent Scorn, methinks. Feel the judgement of a 14 year old girl!

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

A Pair Of Ducks posted:

I'm not sure if you can even get to that point with Julianna in prison. May have to try that. But anyway if we had a better check in a certain skill we could actually pick someone other than Julianna.

I've gotten the "here is a list of names: with whom will you dance?" version of that choice, which is how I knew there were multiple scandalous choices. What I don't know is whether, if you just get the list of adjectives and then pick "scandalous", it always picks Julianna (assuming she's not in prison) or whether the game picks from the scandalous choices at random. (The same for the other adjectives.)

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Subtly? Bah. Trip her!

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Full list of Things we know at this point in time

New things we’ve just learnt

Named Characters posted:

Sirin – Countess of Miranda and Callisto

Skills posted:

Wield Magic

20: You learn how to cast rays of white light which can banish shadows and blind your opponents.

30: You learn to create tiny discs of solid light which can fly through the air and cut into targets.

Skill Checks posted:

Week 17
Court Manners + FlatteryCourt Manners 10 / Flattery 0 was not enough to pass
Sense MagicSkill Level 10 was not enough to pass

Week 18
ComposureSkill Level 39.2 was not enough to pass

JosephWongKS fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Feb 23, 2014

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Number of skill checks so far (excluding the Weekend Activity skill check for trying to enter the treasury) = 29

Number of successful skill checks so far (counting a "partial success" as 0.5) = 5.5

Percentage of skill checks successfully passed = 18.97%

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

Joseph, remember to check the second post whenever I introduce a new profile. It should always have the "pure" version of it.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Edmond Dantes posted:

From what little I've played of it (yeah, I caved and bought the game. :v:) there are simply too many skills and too little time. There isn't some way you can make all or even most of the checks: you can only prioritize certain things and decide what checks are important to you vs others.

Meander
Apr 1, 2010

Silent scorn is the way to go!

dereku
Oct 23, 2010

Open up your senses
Among insulting, shaming or tripping.
Tripping would not be fitting.
Insulting might be too improper.
Only shaming is not a bother.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
Shaming sounds like the way to go, since as we know, Elodie is useless at anything other than standing around and pouting at people. I mean goddamn look at that Presence score. I'll bet that the last time someone tried to assassinate her it played out like this:

: Yer reign of terror has gone on long enough, ya little wretch! Because yeh cut the funding to the hospital project both of my children died of da creepin' itch before the doctor could --

: WHY YES YOUR MAJESTY I WILL GLADLY TAKE THIS MELON BALLER AND TURN MYSELF INTO A BOWL OF DELICIOUS PUPPY CHOW

: AFTER I BATHE

Pittsburgh Lambic fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Feb 23, 2014

Aethersphere
Mar 21, 2009

you see me rollin up pops you step aside
Insult that shameless hussy-woman.

After you beat the game the first time, it honestly gets more fun. You can just do crazy poo poo and see what happens.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

That is pretty much how successful evil Elodie playthroughs go.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Our presence is so good that we can make people feel our stares. Let's put that to the test with silent scorn.

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009

MegaZeroX posted:

That is pretty much how successful evil Elodie playthroughs go.

That should probably be the next playthrough. I'm interested to see the various ways the game can turn out--I managed to win the game a bit ago for the first time through dumb luck and rushing Lumen. I had a grand total of three achievements and virtually all of the others are for things I have no idea how I would even encounter, much less accomplish.

Aethersphere
Mar 21, 2009

you see me rollin up pops you step aside

Agnostalgia posted:

I'm interested to see the various ways the game can turn out--I managed to win the game a bit ago for the first time through dumb luck and rushing Lumen. I had a grand total of three achievements and virtually all of the others are for things I have no idea how I would even encounter, much less accomplish.

Honestly, as far as I can tell, most of the achievements would occur in games that end in failure. I've won twice (once as a stone-cold bitch and once as a delightful melodic princess) and haven't begun to touch the achievements yet, really.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Aethersphere posted:

Honestly, as far as I can tell, most of the achievements would occur in games that end in failure. I've won twice (once as a stone-cold bitch and once as a delightful melodic princess) and haven't begun to touch the achievements yet, really.

No, most of the achievements don't Elodie to fail. There are only 5 achievements that require you dying or failing. Granted, a good number of them require you getting into unfavorable positions, but not outright failing.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Voting is closed.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Choice

Shame her with silent scorn: 15

Insult her with false flattery: 3

Trip her as she passes: 2

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Her color pales, and she releases her grip on your father's arm, mumbling an apology before hurrying out of the room. You have defeated her. Once she's gone, you raise an eyebrow at your father.

Don't give me that look, young lady. She's a nice woman, nothing more.

She wants something more!

And it's not going to happen any time soon.

You should be careful how you deal with people like Sirin. You need the goodwill of your nobles as well as your commoners.

There haven't been any problems so far.

As Queen, you must be aware of everything around you.

Isn't that what I have agents for?

Yes, but you must give them direction. What is your greatest concern?

Spies! In other words, which of these things do you think will kill Elodie the most?

What classes should Elodie take? We may or may not actually get to the classes next update. Voting ends tomorrow at 4 PM EST

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

As an aside, I'm going to show the flattery option at the end of the LP if we don't ever see it.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I'm going to vote for Foreign Threats because they haven't tried to kill us yet. What are they up to?

Oh, right classes. Internal Affairs x2. I won't give up!

MegaZeroX posted:

As an aside, I'm going to show the flattery option at the end of the LP if we don't ever see it.
Thank you, the world needs to see it displayed in all its glory.

Poil fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Feb 23, 2014

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

History tells me that a monarch's greatest enemies are his/her closest subjects.

Check for Noble plots

Also Swords x2

Super Jay Mann fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Feb 23, 2014

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation
Hey, we succeeded at something for once. :woop:

We've been spending a drat lot of our time pissing off the local nobility, so that's probably where we should focus our concerns if we don't want to end up very dead any time soon. Thanks to our valiant efforts the peasantry don't even know how to read and write very well, how could they possibly organize a plot on our life?

E: Oh, classes. Wield magic, and wield more magic! You can never have enough magic.

Hyper Crab Tank fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Feb 23, 2014

markus_cz
May 10, 2009

We can handle noble plots and probably even foreign threats because we're good at intrigue and spying. We can't handle assasins at all because we have zero reflexes, physical abilities and other defensive skills.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
Yeah, no, until our dog is a lean, mean, killing machine, I think Assassins are the most pressing threat.

Ayana
Jun 29, 2010

Hee-Ho!
We can focus on nobility, sure. But do you know how the nobility is likely to try to deal with us?

Assasins! And we suck at anything physical, so it's not like we can fight them off.

Edit: Oh yeah, classes. Resist Magic x2, we can't hit that cap.

Ayana fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Feb 23, 2014

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Yeah assassins sound dangerous.
So let's lean how to sense magic and improve our reflexes.

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011
Noble plots. A guy already pulled out a knife in front of us, and didn't he say something about dishonoring him. I'm just saying, inbreeding makes people crazy.

MAGIC (x2)

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010
Every player of Crusader Kings knows that Assassins are the greatest threat. Assassins sent by the nobles. Peasant uprisings are adorable.

We should keep working on Wieldings Magic x2

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Noble plots.

Also guys, we need to work on resist magic (x2) and bring it above 30, or else we'll hit the 50-point cap for the other two magic skills.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Foreign Threats we can get the commoners and nobles to support us if we make them hate those guys over there!

Wield Magic x2

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

Foreign threats - we executed the diplomat from Ixion, we know nothing about the military, and so we should really be aware of what's going on outside our borders.

On that note, resist magic and reflexes so we can survive the things we're not having our agents focus on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:
assassins

swords sense magic

• Locked thread