Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Third World Reggin posted:

I am a gundam tristar.

You're no zaku that's for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I am all the aquatic gundam zakus.

Also playing through a free academic vpn so welp.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Ah playing through a vpn is honestly fine. It's not that twitch based that makes a ping of 20 necessary to play.

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

I want to love you Zock, but god drat I am poo poo at beams.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

"This is no ordinary poster boy!
No ordinary poster!"

XENA I LOVE YOU posted:

I want to love you Zock, but god drat I am poo poo at beams.

The charged beam F on that suit is the best in the game in terms of power and range. It's no exaggeration to call the Zock a fat sniper tank.

Are you free-aiming everything? Beams are easier to use if you make use of the lock-on(Especially if you upgrade it > 800). It's not pure auto-aim, you can still move the crosshair left and right to lead your fire into the target. Lock-on, lead a bit, fire is the way I use it.

E: Server maintenance is currently ongoing, servers will be down 12:00PM-4:00PM Japan time.

Zeon wins the war, but the margin is getting closer... I wouldn't be surprised if the Feddies take it next week.

Free Triangle fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Feb 19, 2014

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

Free Triangle posted:

The charged beam F on that suit is the best in the game in terms of power and range. It's no exaggeration to call the Zock a fat sniper tank.

Are you free-aiming everything? Beams are easier to use if you make use of the lock-on(Especially if you upgrade it > 800). It's not pure auto-aim, you can still move the crosshair left and right to lead your fire into the target. Lock-on, lead a bit, fire is the way I use it.

E: Server maintenance is currently ongoing, servers will be down 12:00PM-4:00PM Japan time.

Zeon wins the war, but the margin is getting closer... I wouldn't be surprised if the Feddies take it next week.

I'll have to try that the next time I put it into service. Right now the Gouf Custom, Hygogg, and Zaku 2 support are making it hard to put it back.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"
Just one big change this patch, if a player intentionally leaves enough games to lower their rank excessively(so that they queue up against newbies that they can sweep with a high cost suit like the gundam/gelgoog) they will be excluded from queuing for longer times, take an increasingly heavy GP penalty each time, and be banned from being included in the weekly ranking rewards(One main reason people do this, since you can make tons of points wrecking newbies in starter/uncustomized suits you can easily top the leaderboards and get many DX tickets at the end of the week). Yeah, there are quite a few players who were this scummy.

This should make things easier for you new players. You'll still fight people who paid real money to gamble for high cost suits but they will likely be inexperienced.

The other big thing that was supposed to come was a new Odessa Mining map configuration, but that was delayed.

E: Oh yeah, also New event

Top 7 score totals for end of week reward:
If your top 7 score total exceeds one of the following(You will be paid the lesser prize denominations if you exceed them) you will be paid as bonus at the end of the week:

2100- 2 Gold Master tickets
1750- 3 Limited Coordinate tickets(Dress up your anime)
1400- 10 Garage tickets (Enough to expand mobile suit storage space by 1)
1050- 2 Color sprays
700- 10 Deck cost tickets (Enough to expand your deck capacity by +300 for 30 battles)

Also, if you complete your weekly challenge (in addition to getting 50,000GP) you get 1 rental print of each play ticket suit.

E2: M'quve's Gouf has unique melee. Very flashy, easy to use too.
E3: 3S(Tri Star spec) Zaku's special bazooka looks incredible. Performance is mediocore though. Waiting for the F type...
E4: Zaku I Sniper Commander's rifle shoots like a charged beam sniper but packs the power of the 135mm F while trading some reload for range.
E5: Gurenden Spec Zaku Cannon's "Big Gun" is a hard hitting missile launcher.

Tri-Star Zaku is definately the best looking one:

Free Triangle fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Feb 19, 2014

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

I am so glad they are fixing that rank exploit. It was brutal for a while.

Also I thought the tristar would dual wield bazookas.. Not just tape two together... :geno:

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
drat I'm at 1/7.

Can you just save your dailies until you're at like 40/7 then cash them all in during events?

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

Zo posted:

drat I'm at 1/7.

Can you just save your dailies until you're at like 40/7 then cash them all in during events?

Before you couldn't. Now you can choose when to redeem. 50,000 GP when nothing is going on is still tempting...

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"
50 Play ticket suits announced!

EFSF
Assault-EZ-8 Gundam
Heavy-Guncannon Heavy type D
Support-Ground-Type Gundam(GM Head)
Shelling-Mass produced Gun-cannon(Wolf Specification)
Sniper-Jung's GM Sniper Custom

Zeon
Assault-Char's Zaku II S
Heavy-Johnny Ridden's Gelgoog Cannon
Support-Agg Armed type
Shelling-Juagg (Shelling Specification)
Sniper- Zaku II S Sniper

Going to save my tickets for the Johnny Ridden Gelgoog cannon!

Free Triangle fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Feb 20, 2014

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Char kiccccckkkk!

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Char has good gundams.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

One of the best some might say.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"
Tonight, we made a kill-squad and completed the clan platoon challenge! Over 60 enemy mobile suits destroyed in a single match! Everyone gets +10 Garage tickets!

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Free Triangle posted:

Tonight, we made a kill-squad and completed the clan platoon challenge! Over 60 enemy mobile suits destroyed in a single match! Everyone gets +10 Garage tickets!

Nice, I was eyeballing that challenge but my internet started randomly dropping again - NTT :argh:

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
We're holding pretty well at 32 active members. We may do some more cuts of inactives so if you have interests keep on playing. 30 makes it easy for us to make money you have basically until Tuesday to login and play a match to ensure you're still with us.

Once our newcomers level up we'll prolly expand to the next tier permanently as we'll be able to make the needs it requires which are pretty retarded.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

It's not a bad idea. The large clan goals are absolutely brutal if we get an unlucky selection.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Here is a bunch of zakus.

My favorite gundam.

Zeirnaton
Jan 29, 2014

Nanael
pls tell me I'm wrong and I dont need to be in a platoon to finish my daily challenge

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

Zeirnaton posted:

pls tell me I'm wrong and I dont need to be in a platoon to finish my daily challenge

Top, is a platoon challenge. Get a silver platoon ribbon for feats of valor (Platoon scored 900 points or more in a single battle).
Bottom, deal 6000 damage to an enemy base.

E: Our guild is now level 5! +3%/+3% for critical success and success when crafting!

Free Triangle fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Feb 23, 2014

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Gold matchmaking :shepface:

I can't even get my +3 PP off of SS score/position finishes because we keep getting badly defeated (C losses). I've been comparing the number of zeon golds vs feddie golds and it's not even close every time. Just my luck?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I have no idea what that post means.

Ron paul gold 2014.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

Zo posted:

Gold matchmaking :shepface:

I can't even get my +3 PP off of SS score/position finishes because we keep getting badly defeated (C losses). I've been comparing the number of zeon golds vs feddie golds and it's not even close every time. Just my luck?

Oh my god, 10+ game losing streak? You're scoring pretty drat well too. Normally I'd say the Zeon morning crew is better than the evening crew but the times of those games say otherwise.

Third World Reggin posted:

I have no idea what that post means.

Ron paul gold 2014.

Look at the color of your character's name plate in the pre-match lobby, that's your matchmaking rating (Gold > Silver > Bronze > Black). The game will try match you up against/with players of similar rating.

You can usually determine how well a match will go if one team has an average higher rating than the other.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Just found a neat skin for my Zaku.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Should have been a rabbit.

Zeirnaton
Jan 29, 2014

Nanael
man I felt really good about this game first time I dominated so hard with my Gelgoog
http://i58.tinypic.com/20qibk8.png

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

Zeirnaton posted:

man I felt really good about this game first time I dominated so hard with my Gelgoog
http://i58.tinypic.com/20qibk8.png

You're close to 10 free garage tickets if you can keep it up! Maybe even master tickets!

This week:

Top 7 score total prizes(You will still be paid if you exceed a lower denomination)

2100- 2 Gold Master tickets
1750- 3 Limited Coordinate tickets(Dress up your anime)
1400- 10 Garage tickets (Enough to expand mobile suit storage space by 1)
1050- 2 Color sprays
700- 10 Deck cost tickets (Enough to expand your deck capacity by +300 for 30 battles)

Keep scoring those S ranks and join us in gold tier matchmaking :getin:

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Nice to see us with such an active body. Soon as you guys get better suits and more skills I think we'll be able to start making the next tier cap and grow even more.

Zeirnaton
Jan 29, 2014

Nanael
replayed one of my games with fraps I didn't convert anything so its not in HD or anything but the quality still looks pretty good I'll have to reset everything else up again I'll be drat if I upload another 17 gig file to youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oUWw97nCPc

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

Zeirnaton posted:

replayed one of my games with fraps I didn't convert anything so its not in HD or anything but the quality still looks pretty good I'll have to reset everything else up again I'll be drat if I upload another 17 gig file to youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oUWw97nCPc

Beam naginata, Sturm Faust, Bazooka F? :allears: Good times. Running bullets boost and extra ammo module too?

E:March 12, New DX suits leaked in the newest issue of Gundam Ace #140 apparently.

EFSF
RX-78-XX Gundam Pixie(Wields dual beam knives and stealth coating?! No beam rifle, wields 90mm MG instead, also fragile.)
RX-78-5 Gundam Unit 5 (Standard strong gundam armament options on top of Giant backpack gatling gun and beam weapons mounted on the fore-arms. Guessing it will be a heavy-type)

ZEON
Ifrit (The standard type.)
Act Zaku Custom (Since they're getting Gundam unit 5, it is Mallet Sanguine's unit as a rival suit. It will have two Heat Hawks, Beam rifle, and gelgoog shield. I hope it has a late-type bazooka too.)

Free Triangle fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Feb 26, 2014

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Geeze what is this crap? Feds get the Pixie and we get a god drat normal Ifrit?

Such bullshit when are we getting actually cool suits instead of garbage. Where's our Kampfers and Zeongs?

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

Zo posted:

Saving weekly challenge reward

Just tested by saving my dailies, it caps at 9/7 daily challenge. So if you know an event is coming ahead of time, you can only save your weekly up to 9/7.

randombattle posted:

Geeze what is this crap? Feds get the Pixie and we get a god drat normal Ifrit?

Such bullshit when are we getting actually cool suits instead of garbage. Where's our Kampfers and Zeongs?
E: Yeah, kinda strange that they get 2 elite high cost suits in 1 DX while we only get 1. It'll probably be the best DX volume value for the Feds for a while. You weren't around when they last did a survey for which suits we want, so here's a preview of what's to come for Zeon popularity wise. People voted for these suits in surveys.

Survey results go as far back as last summer(also September and October), MS that have already been implemented are trimmed out:
code:
 Aqua suits
 MSM-02 Hydro test type
 MSM-04N Agguguy
 MSM-06 Jurick
 MSM-07N Ram Z'Gok 

Zaku suits
 MS-05Q Zaku I (Norris Major)
 MS-05S Zaku I (Gellert Schmeiser )
 MS-06E-3 Zaku Flipper 
 MS-06F Zaku (Shin Matsunaga) 
 MS-06S Zaku (Johnny Ridden)
 MS-06K Zaku Cannon (Gatling-mounted)
 MS-06R-3 High Mobility Zaku II (Gelgoog preceding prototype)
 MS-06FZ Zaku II Kai 
 MS-06V-8 Zakutank (Wild Boar)
 MS-06Z Psycommu Test Zaku 

Gouf suits
 YMS-07 Prototype Gouf
 YMS-08A High Mobility Prototype
 MS-07H Gouf flight test type
 MS-07G-1 Gouf Vijayanta
 MS-07G-2 Gouf Tactical Assault Type 

Ifrit Suit(s)(Only one left!  Saving the best for last I guess..)
 Ifrit Nacht

Dom suits
 MS-09F Dom Funf
 MS-09G Dwadge

Pezun plan
 MS-10-Pezun Dowadge
 MS-13 Gasshia 

Next generation MS Systems
 MS-14D Desert Gelgoog 
 MS-14FS Gelgoog commander machine 
 MS-14G Gelgoog Ground Type 
 MS-14JG Gelgoog Jaeger
 YMS-15E Gyan-Eosu 

Other
 YMS-16M Xamel
 MS-18E Kämpfer  
 MS-19 Dolmel
 MSN-02 Zeong 
 MSN-02 Perfect Zeong 
 AGX-04 Gerbera Tetra
 YMT-05 Hildolfr
 RX-79BD-2 Blue Destiny Unit 2
 MS-21C Dra-C 
Yeah, I can spot some weak/probably useless things in there. Also a lot of strong choices. The Feddy list has every kind of gundam that might have been in 0079 up to 0083. I voted for every ball variant each time on their survey :v:

E2: Servers down 4 hours from now, Zeon wins the war at 52.97%! :toot:. Surely the Feds will take a week from us anytime now...Probably when the next DX is out.

Free Triangle fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Feb 26, 2014

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"
New event. Limited warfare. Each side chooses from 4 pre-made suits. No shelling, no snipers. Get DX tickets if you rank high.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Free Triangle posted:

New event. Limited warfare. Each side chooses from 4 pre-made suits. No shelling, no snipers. Get DX tickets if you rank high.

Ugh ranking looks to be global - good luck competing with those guys that get 700+ points.

More details: limited mode doesn't affect your rank points, and doesn't affect the weekly war. No clan points and no daily challenges either.

I'm more interested in that new battle assist module mentioned on that page: if you hit the dash key while getting knocked down you roll and get up instead. Sounds OP as gently caress. It's only for the limited battle suits for now though.

Zo fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Feb 26, 2014

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

Zo posted:

Ugh ranking looks to be global - good luck competing with those guys that get 700+ points.

More details: limited mode doesn't affect your rank points, and doesn't affect the weekly war. No clan points and no daily challenges either.

I'm more interested in that new battle assist module mentioned on that page: if you hit the dash key while getting knocked down you roll and get up instead. Sounds OP as gently caress. It's only for the limited battle suits for now though.

Yeah, depending on what they do with it, it could change the meta entirely. If knockdowns are not an issue, I have trouble seeing cheap suits beat expensive suits since the game will steer towards who can trade shots better. But being knocked down repeatedly isn't fun either, since it takes awhile to recover.

I know that you can already do the knockdown-recovery in space, but space fights go down differently.

E: The bottom tick box queues you for Limited mode. Top is for standard. You can queue for both.

Free Triangle fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Feb 26, 2014

a gentle breeze
May 2, 2013
Feddies will always get better suits. I'm not really surprised with their new DX release. I already dislike melee fights with their suits and this will just make me avoid them even more.

EDIT: And our choices were good but I don't know why a proto/test type would be popular when you can vote for the final product. I had a huge paragraph typed up below this but it's pointless. The game needs money and this is how they get it.

EDIT: As a side note, the Feddies can bring their poo poo to me in Kizuna and catch a Zaku I's shoulder in their chest. No one can out pilot me in that game.

a gentle breeze fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Feb 26, 2014

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
I'm actually surprised how freely they hand out hangar space expansion tickets. That seems like a non-offensive way to squeeze cash from your players, and I actually bought some banananana coins for it. Now I'm swimming in storage space with all these free tickets.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

No gachapons are how you really squeeze cash out of someone. You release a new gachapon with let's say the highlight suit from the newest gundam side story and you get plenty of duders who are like I gotta have that right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

randombattle posted:

No gachapons are how you really squeeze cash out of someone. You release a new gachapon with let's say the highlight suit from the newest gundam side story and you get plenty of duders who are like I gotta have that right now.

I said "non-offensive". The whole pay-for-advantage part of DX gachas is pretty offensive to me v:shobon:v

• Locked thread