Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

Sanschel posted:

He did a one-shot with Chris Claremont called X-Women, about the titular X-Women having some weird adventure (Rogue inherited a yacht or some nonsense). Not much in the way of plot or story, it was clearly just Claremont setting up Manara for cheesecake panels, and all the women having the exact same face with different hair and skin tones got distracting.

X-Women on X-Jetskis!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

CapnAndy posted:

Manara would be amazing on a Marvel book if he could keep up the page rate.

I actually forgot about X-Woman, probably just blocked it out but I was talking more about the Marvel covers he did a few months back. Cos you know when you are trying to push Captain Marvel as no longer overly sexualised you get Milo Manaras to do a cover/poster.

Waterhaul fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Feb 23, 2014

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
I remember that because I really wanted a Captain Marvel poster and was pissed that's the one they decided to put out.

Same thing with the Spider-Man posters from last previews. How did they not make that Marcos Martin cover into a poster? Utter garbage.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Senor Candle posted:

I remember that because I really wanted a Captain Marvel poster and was pissed that's the one they decided to put out.

There's a poster of the new #1 on the way.

Or is it Sputnik
Aug 22, 2009

Oh, Ho-oh oh oh, oh whoa oh oh oh
I'll get 'em caught, show Oak what I've got

Rhyno posted:

There's a poster of the new #1 on the way.
Is that the newish "We can do it!" 2012 cover by Ed McGuiness or the cover for the newer 2014 series?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Or is it Sputnik posted:

Is that the newish "We can do it!" 2012 cover by Ed McGuiness or the cover for the newer 2014 series?

The forthcoming series.

Sturm
Oct 19, 2003

It's Xander or Sgt. Fury
Where do you guys go for comic book news? Or are most of the sites pretty terrible?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Sturm posted:

Where do you guys go for comic book news? Or are most of the sites pretty terrible?
Comics Alliance or here.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
I just watch twitter.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
Comics Alliance, here, and I listen to Wait, What? because I hate myself.

goldenoreos
Jan 5, 2012

Take care of my animals while I'm gone
Mainly Twitter, but sometimes I get stuff from here.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Sturm posted:

Comicsalliance is more or less the only comics site that isn't terrible, but mostly-terrible sites like CBR are fine if by "news" you just mean "what is happening", so I check those sometimes

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

PupsOfWar posted:

Comicsalliance is more or less the only comics site that isn't terrible, but mostly-terrible sites like CBR are fine if by "news" you just mean "what is happening", so I check those sometimes

I find The Beat pretty good too, because they don't focus only on the big two. Also, their sales stuff is pretty interesting if you like numbers.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Though it's not a news site per se, the House to Astonish podcast every two weeks is probably my most essential comic news update.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/chi-harold-ramis-dead-20140224,0,2259309.story

Harold Ramis is dead. Maybe this means Bill Murray will get onboard for Ghostbusters, now?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Soonmot posted:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/chi-harold-ramis-dead-20140224,0,2259309.story

Harold Ramis is dead. Maybe this means Bill Murray will get onboard for Ghostbusters, now?

Since he died there is even less chance of it happening. What is less than 0?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

bobkatt013 posted:

Since he died there is even less chance of it happening. What is less than 0?

I'm sure if you ask Dan Akroyd it's <SUPERNATURAL ALIENS BULLSHIT> and is going to start production any day now. Any day. Now.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Gatts posted:

I'm sure if you ask Dan Akroyd it's <SUPERNATURAL ALIENS BULLSHIT> and is going to start production any day now. Any day. Now.

That is just his bathtub voodka talking.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

When I quickly looked at BSS before I went to work this morning, I thought I saw a post saying there was no point in X-men being published between 1995 and 2011 or something similar.

When I got home from work my first thought was obviously going to shout at this person for bad-mouthing Morrison's New X-men run but I can't find it. Any help?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

team overhead smash posted:

When I quickly looked at BSS before I went to work this morning, I thought I saw a post saying there was no point in X-men being published between 1995 and 2011 or something similar.

When I got home from work my first thought was obviously going to shout at this person for bad-mouthing Morrison's New X-men run but I can't find it. Any help?

d00gZ posted:

There's a very solid case to be made that Uncanny X-Men was loving pointless to read between 1991 and 2011.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Oh, Uncanny.

He's probably right.

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

"My sole motive is to inform the public as to that which is done in their name and that which is done against them."

team overhead smash posted:

I very very specifically said "Uncanny X-Men" on purpose.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

Inkstuds is doing a Kickstarter to raise money to go on a tour with their podcast.

It's practically funded now anyway but they are doing some exclusive Brandon Graham and friends sketch book and has some signed Prophet books by all the creators working on it so should be worth jumping on before things sell out. Graham's Walrus book was really, really great.

bairfanx
Jan 20, 2006

I look like this IRL,
but, you know,
more Greg Land-y.

Waterhaul posted:

Inkstuds is doing a Kickstarter to raise money to go on a tour with their podcast.

It's practically funded now anyway but they are doing some exclusive Brandon Graham and friends sketch book and has some signed Prophet books by all the creators working on it so should be worth jumping on before things sell out. Graham's Walrus book was really, really great.

Am I the only one that thinks it would be kind of hilarious for this thing to get so absurdly overfunded and have it just be people throwing money at two people who create really interesting and well-loved comics/comics-related things?

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

Honesty those are the best kind of Kickstarters, especially when you know you're going to get a good product regardless.

Also in case people are wondering I am closing off a lot of old threads which are long overdue a reboot. The usual mantra of anybody can post a thread if they want applies.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Waterhaul posted:

Honesty those are the best kind of Kickstarters, especially when you know you're going to get a good product regardless.

Also in case people are wondering I am closing off a lot of old threads which are long overdue a reboot. The usual mantra of anybody can post a thread if they want applies.

Working on the Deadpool one right now.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

I expected no different Gavok :toot:

Also this is a video that exists.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDYyAAdtDfk

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Is anyone doing a Batman thread?

bairfanx
Jan 20, 2006

I look like this IRL,
but, you know,
more Greg Land-y.

Waterhaul posted:

Man, I am going to be the only one with that hoodie, aren't I?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Waterhaul posted:

Also in case people are wondering I am closing off a lot of old threads which are long overdue a reboot.

All-New Uncanny Superior BSS.NOW!

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Soonmot posted:

MWahahahahahhaha

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.c..._medium=twitter

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

bairfanx posted:

Man, I am going to be the only one with that hoodie, aren't I?

Hah. I was considering the hoodie but went with the sketch book with Graham doodle. My wallet is grateful that the original Graham sketch went before I got a chance to buy.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

That insider is Dan Akyrod.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Were Jonah Hill and Emma Stone obvious choices for the new Ghostbusters? I guess there isn't too much competition, huh?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Waterhaul posted:

Taking this at face-value I just made a Red Hood thread

Come to tell me how much it sucks! :v:

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Die Laughing posted:

Were Jonah Hill and Emma Stone obvious choices for the new Ghostbusters? I guess there isn't too much competition, huh?
Until an actual movie studio or an actor actually says something about Ghostbusters 3, all the information on it is just Dan Akroyd rambling like a crazy person and any casting news is the favorite actors of the guy writing fanfic disguised as a rumors article.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Taking this at face-value I just made a Red Hood thread

Come to tell me how much it sucks! :v:

We have a Red Hood thread but no thread for Fantastic Four or Batman or any of the billion other good books out there.

Everybody needs to step up their game.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Waterhaul posted:

We have a Red Hood thread but no thread for Fantastic Four or Batman or any of the billion other good books out there.

Everybody needs to step up their game.

Batman? Who wants to talk about Batman?

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I will try put together a batman thread if no-one else wants to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

Rhyno posted:

Batman? Who wants to talk about Batman?

• Locked thread