Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Lowkin posted:

But yea I'll take your advice, I'll stop posting and skill up and get strong enough to join a fleet.

You are absolutely dense, or a very good troll.

I've been playing for less than two weeks. During this previous Hell Camp, I had less than 500k SP, and was given EIGHT FRIGATES for absolutely nothing in return. I died 3 times and got podded 3 times, losing ~10mil worth of stuff.

10mil of losses to bring down 1bil of ships? Sounds like a win in my books.

You're doing yourself a disservice (and essentially everyone here who's read your blathering) by being so obtuse.

Goons love NEWBEES.

EDIT: Did I do a poo poo-ton of damage? Nope! Did I die within a few minutes of webbing/pointing a fleeing ship? Probably! Did I learn things I wouldn't have in HiSec questlines? Absolutely! And I had fun to boot.

Otacon fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Mar 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Otacon posted:

You are absolutely dense, or a very good troll.

I've been playing for less than two weeks. During this previous Hell Camp, I had less than 500k SP, and was given EIGHT FRIGATES for absolutely nothing in return. I died 3 times and got podded 3 times, losing ~10mil worth of stuff.

Here's my lovely Kill Mails I somehow made it on

http://eve-kill.net/?a=pilot_detail&view=kills&plt_id=2376646&m=2&y=2014

You're doing yourself a disservice (and essentially everyone here who's read your blathering) by being so obtuse.

Goons love NEWBEES.

I'm going to shove ISK down your throat till you choke.

edit: done.

Carth Dookie fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Feb 24, 2014

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

You can make a bil/hour rejecting everything but the missions that can be blitzed in a carrier. You make 80-100k LP per mission, unload LP for at least 1000 isk/per if you're patient, and the missions you select for can be run in about five minutes on average. In the long term it ends up being a little lower once you factor in time spent fussing with the agents and occasionally running storyline missions so your faction standings don't decay, but yes, it is better than 750m/hour.

Carrier ratting in anomalies is a mug's game, deal with it. :smugdog:

objectively bad posted:

Actually the lows just now are 4x istab, 2x warded backup arrays and a damage control. I'm switching out the backup arrays for nanofibers once the t2 warp speed rigs I ordered are ready because the rigs are currently 1x low friction nozzle joint, 2x hyperspatial velocity optimizer. While I can use lows to get faster aligning carriers, the only way to make them warp faster is the rig slots (and implants, which I have). I'm pretty excited about flying a 4.4au/s thanatos :sun:

Either of you care to share your methods for blitzing level 5 missions solo? Do you just land, blow up a structure, then leave similar to faction warfare missions? Do you use self destruct cynos with replacement rookie ships and ozone in the SMA?

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

darth cookie posted:

I'm going to shove ISK down your throat till you choke.

edit: done.

This is me right now:

What have you done!? You've just about killed me, and I cannot thank you enough. We'll chat when I'm in game and not staring at EVEMon

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Currently sitting on my neutral market alt babysitting orders right now, so don't worry about it. :)

Just make sure you turn it into embarrassing killmails as soon as possible! :cheers:

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Nietzschean posted:

Either of you care to share your methods for blitzing level 5 missions solo? Do you just land, blow up a structure, then leave similar to faction warfare missions? Do you use self destruct cynos with replacement rookie ships and ozone in the SMA?

You don't cyno at all if you can help it, it attracts more attention; there are a couple of constellations per empire faction where L5 agents give out missions, and Caldari in particular has an agent in a single-system constellation, meaning you could do it with just one carrier parked in the station if you wanted. (It's crowded and dangerous, though, since on top of the easier setup Caldari LP is the most convenient to cash out.)

But yeah, generally you land, pop a structure, and leave. There's a little variation -- there's one mission where you have to kill a faction BS, another that takes closer to 7-8 minutes because you have to kill 6-8 specific rats, another that can be done in 2 because you land, alpha a structure with sentries, and warp out as soon as you align. But mostly you're killing structures with fighters.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Shooting structures and making isk at the same time? :swoon: Time to do some research.

objectively bad
Nov 11, 2006

ABANDONS HIS FRIENDS

Nietzschean posted:

You can cyno about but it's horrible isk/hour (2-300m/hour at best), lots of effort and attracts unwanted attention. I started out that way but have gradually scaled up to the point where I have 3 carriers in every system of the constellation and just move my guys around in interceptors or covops. It's a big investment but it allows me to run 10-15 missions an hour whenever I want. the missions themselves are dead simple, usually it's either killing a structure and/or a few rats. Some of the structures are pretty tough so being able to multibox thanatos helps a lot. You also need a bunch of 7+ faction standing alts to ensure you have an endless stream of missions.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
By comparison I'm super-lazy and do this with two accounts, only one of which is involved in actual combat. (The other is just three corp standings characters to generate more missions.)

So it ends up being more like "800m-1b/hour for only a couple hours a day max depending on luck of the draw," but that's more than enough to cover my needs. If I decide to grind for a titan or something I might follow nonsci's example, or at least turn my corp standing alts into faction alts.

Amberskin
Dec 22, 2013

We come in peace! Legit!

Lowkin posted:

I don't mind losing I understand I am going to get beat 90%

I just want the fight's to be close or feel like I might have actually won if I didn't gently caress up.

I've read the OP and the recruitment officers have already let me know what the deal is.

You can find plenty of "close" 1v1 fights using T1 fitted frigates. Just go to FW lowsec and go fight people in novice plexes. Whatever skills you have, or whatever T2/faction/deadspace modules you use, you will still lose fights. Get used to it.

The only way of "leveling up" in PvP is to actually PvP. The skills matter, of course, but the experience, the correct choice of fights and the nerve to keep cool during a fight is what will bring you some victories.

Oh, and if you want to PvP in a more or less balanced fights, try RvB.

CountButtula
Jan 5, 2014

Hazdoc posted:

I think I found your problem.

Destiny is really utterly horrible. SirSqueebles is still a massive pubbie shitlord but he knows what he's doing and fairly regularly gets GUDFITES with random pickup fleets.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

I recently resubbed and was just wondering how long unvacationing usually takes.

Because I have frigates that haven't been blown up in months and that is terrible.

Bean Head
Feb 22, 2014

CountButtula posted:

Destiny is really utterly horrible. SirSqueebles is still a massive pubbie shitlord but he knows what he's doing and fairly regularly gets GUDFITES with random pickup fleets.

I watched a video of him FCing a fleet when he was 2 or so weeks in game, I knew he was a lost cause when he was telling people to "run back to base" when they got dropped on. :v:

Bagu
Mar 20, 2006

Jesus gently caress people. Stop dog piling on lowkin. I know he has awful priorities for this game and a very poor temperament for it, but how do you all expect him yo respond to fifteen different people saying something to him every hour? Justifying his terrible decisions shouldn't be a full time job.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Bagu posted:

Jesus gently caress people. Stop dog piling on lowkin. I know he has awful priorities for this game and a very poor temperament for it, but how do you all expect him yo respond to fifteen different people saying something to him every hour? Justifying his terrible decisions shouldn't be a full time job.

This is rational except its you saying it so I'm kinda waiting for the punchline.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

CountButtula posted:

I'm in a training corp for ENLI (Our corp ticker is ENLA) and we regularly attack and kill destiny's corp mates. He and his corp live in the area we are deployed to!

Our KB http://killboard.enl-i.com/enla/?a=home

Were in an alliance with a another CFC training corp, they train people for LAWN. We also sometimes help Goons proper out with high sec poco wars in our fuckyou fleets (ECM fleets).

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

By comparison I'm super-lazy and do this with two accounts, only one of which is involved in actual combat. (The other is just three corp standings characters to generate more missions.)

So it ends up being more like "800m-1b/hour for only a couple hours a day max depending on luck of the draw," but that's more than enough to cover my needs. If I decide to grind for a titan or something I might follow nonsci's example, or at least turn my corp standing alts into faction alts.

How do you deal with gankers? I suppose if you are blitzing it means you are not exposed for very long. Do you have access to intel in some form, or is it just about reading dscan for combat probes and what not?

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Lowkin posted:

But yea I'll take your advice, I'll stop posting and skill up and get strong enough to join a fleet.

God no we don't care whether all you can fly is a Slasher. We don't want you showing up in an 1337 pvp pimpmobile in your first fight and losing all your poo poo in one go when it inevitably dies.

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

blowfish posted:

God no we don't care whether all you can fly is a Slasher. We don't want you showing up in an 1337 pvp pimpmobile in your first fight and losing all your poo poo in one go when it inevitably dies.

On the other hand...:black101:

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Kheldragar posted:

On the other hand...:black101:
Yeah, we need someone to top Zungen suiciding a 2.5 billion Bhaalgorn and a Triage carrier into 30 T3s last week.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

blowfish posted:

Yeah, we need someone to top Zungen suiciding a 2.5 billion Bhaalgorn and a Triage carrier into 30 T3s last week.

HE DEFENDED THE MOTHERLAND :argh:

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI
My dad works at CCP and told me that we get to take all of the ships we lose ingame with us to the afterlife when we die, which is why you need to lose as many expensive ships as possible during your short time on earth.

HappyKitty
Jul 11, 2005

Burn Jita is a religious service.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Lowkin posted:

I was asking genuine questions about Eve that I literally couldn't find anything of relevance on the internet. This thread was my best avenue for fielding these questions and I thought no one minded.

The message was stop being a highsec pubbie and go lose some cheap t1 frigates in pvp. Hell if you want some success go fit some t2 catalysts and suicide gank some miners.

Amberskin
Dec 22, 2013

We come in peace! Legit!

Bagu posted:

All the replies I've read are quite reasonable and polite. The guy came for advice and he got (mostly) good responses. Problem is he does not like what he has been told, but that is not the fault of people writing to him.

Red Crown
Oct 20, 2008

Pretend my finger's a knife.
At this point, I'm assuming lowkin is a Garr Khan parachute account :v:

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Dude, just stop. Do some research before you get all sour grapes on me.

Ha. 2bn isk ratting carriers right?

darthzeta88
May 31, 2013

by Pragmatica
So me and a friend last night was roaming/camping -7- space. Got a kill set up some pirate gear and let them bring a group of 7 against us. I was like the odds are good. Next thing they decided was they needed more so brought 15 guys in system, including logi and a Falcon. Was like 5 interceptors there to. Next time gonna bring suicide discogeddons cause gently caress -7- 133t PvP.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Lowkin posted:

I don't care about ISK. I guess I portrayed it as I don't want to PvP cause I might lose ISK?
I don't want to PvP because I don't want to loving lose, I don't enjoy playing sports against people that are 3 divisions above me and have them just spread my rear end cheeks and go to town.

I do understand I am going to lose and blow up a million times but I like close fights. Where I can go I got hosed here because I loving blew it, not I got hosed here because he overheated his t2 guns and used nanites and cap boosters.

Also I am not a goonWaffe.

Quit whining. Both are going to happen. I die to simple mistakes all the time, and I'm one of the few people in goonfleet that has an honest to god positive K/D ratio. Every death is a learning experience.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Indigofreak posted:

He decided that he would make his own way home instead of sticking with the chain. Then he couldn't move the cyno fuel to the correct bay(might be a bug). He's petitioning CCP about the issue. But rumor is, he's being kicked from Gents.

The entire situation developing on comms was also :psyduck: as all gently caress. He had two competent cap FCs calmly and rationally guiding him through every single thing he had to do, one of the first statements being "If you do exactly what we tell you, you'll be absolutely fine, calm down and breathe for a second" or something along those lines.

His responsiveness was the supercapital-equivalent to "Help, I'm tackled in the belt", "there are hostiles on field with me now", "<silence>" we've come to love so much in intel channels. It took them several attempts to confirm that a) he understood what he was supposed to do, b) he was doing this and c) whether there were any consequences or further developments after he did a thing/didn't do a thing for EVERY SINGLE STEP along the way. Every single piece of information had to be painstakingly pried from him, even stuff like "do you have a cyno fitted?, "WHAT is on field with you", "have you relogged the Aeon yet?" "are you logged out yet?" "please confirm that you're trying to relog", "are you overloading your hardeners?" "have you dropped fleet yet?", "did you join the other fleet yet", "Say your name".

Some dudes on comms almost lost it and started venting some rage at their supercap-buddy, but they were quickly shut down by Laz and Vily, which absolutely impressed the everloving poo poo out of me. You've managed to a logic-defyingly stupid thing on your own to bring yourself into a terrible situation, several hundred people now are frozen in their tracks because of the stupid thing you did and are waiting to come to your help to unfuck this terrible situation, two experienced guys are trying to babysit you through every single step along the way, you reward this with blatant unresponsiveness and they somehow STILL manage to afford you the utmost of courtesy and friendliness.
Laz and Vily did absolutely amazing with what little they had to work with.

/ninjaedit:
Him doing everything properly wouldn't have changed anything about the cyno fuel bug thing, but from what I gather, he absolutely would have been able to slowboat into the shields (which he initially only was barely 3k away from) had he dropped cloak when instructed to do so and it took him almost 2 minutes or something to convey there was a fleet on grid with him and he was being bumped away, so a cyno that was in system with him as he died could have been there MUCH sooner.

tl;rd:
Some people probably shouldn't sit in a supercap.

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Feb 24, 2014

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You can only expect future losses to be more frustrating and hilarious as we push for the everygoon to get a super.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
Death to all supers :colbert:

Sorus
Nov 6, 2007
caustic overtones
Once everyone is in a super, no one will be.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Flying something you can't dock just doesn't seem like fun at all no matter what else it lets you do.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

We had a whole wing full of carriers ready to jump to him, if he could just have lit the cyno :(

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

rafikki posted:

We had a whole wing full of carriers ready to jump to him, if he could just have lit the cyno :(

We should just have a cyno-interceptor fleet follow our capitals everywhere :v:. Actually, can interceptors even hold enough ozone?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

rafikki posted:

Super:psyduck:

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

gwrtheyrn posted:

We should just have a cyno-interceptor fleet follow our capitals everywhere :v:. Actually, can interceptors even hold enough ozone?

With a cargo expander, they can. From what I gathered, the biggest problem is that he went off on his own instead of staying with the convoy fleet.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKnO2H_amog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

This situation also brings up an issue you rarely see in other MMOS: panic.

Getting out and experiencing PVP isn't just good for learning about combat, its important to keep your wits about you when people start shooting at you. In EVE when you're flying around 30 billion isk ships that poof if you die, its extremely important to be able to function when you get hotdropped and tackled. I don't know if the nervousness came from inexperience or just the fear of losing a really expensive ship. People that have spent their life in hisec probably can count on one hand the amount of times they've been shot at by other players, while goons have been dying in rifters from day 1.

If it didn't take a full minute to pry every single detail from the guy, we could have saved him even with the cargo bug. But the way he was talking on comms, he was either panicking or stoned out of his mind.

• Locked thread