Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
subhelios
May 26, 2013

Unfortunately, there is no such game as 'World of Submarines.'
The standalone client tends to freeze on me every couple of hours even on my new computer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

subhelios posted:

The standalone client tends to freeze on me every couple of hours even on my new computer.

Use the browser client and set your window up so you can train afk skills while watching tv shows.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Themata posted:

So Agoat was stalking pubbies on World 42 trying to have the virtual sex and I also followed him along.

Then this happened!

That was more than a tip. :pervert:

allta
Mar 28, 2011
Went from 80 to 81 div, and 115-116 dung, successful enough bxp weekend I'd say.

Now just another 32M dung exp to 120, at least I'm finally past the half way point. :smithicide:

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
You poor bastard.

I've gone from 49-68 herblore (for free), gotten to 53 farming from 47? I think, gotten a level in runecrafting, and killed a couple hundred dragons resulting in a prayer level or two idk.

From the massive profits of herblore, I've upgraded my mage equipment to an abyssal wand (for poo poo that needs a shield) and an arma battlestaff. Coming from a wand o' treachery and ahrim's book.

A good weekend, all things considered.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
I did 79-91 Hunter, a couple levels in Divination, and 89-92 Firemaking. The money from my Grenwall genocide (someone dubbed it the Grenocide) went, combined with my AGS and most of my bank, to getting me a mainhand Drygore Mace. Pretty excited, although I need to scrounge up another 20M for the offhand :( But hey, best melee weapons in the game :toot:

I feel like a rich person now that I have a Drygore, although I don't really know what to do with them. There's like nothing I'm super interested in fighting, cause there aren't really any levels left I care about outside of getting Divination, Dungeoneering, and my warbands skills to 90. My combat's all maxed so I have no grind left there :shrug: Guess I can do Frosts super fast for money to max Prayer or something. Anyone got any suggestions? I feel like I'm post-grind and I don't really know what to do, because I don't care about 99s for the sake of 99s. I just kind of putter around with Farming and Ports these days

Magres fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Feb 24, 2014

Waltchelg
Jan 21, 2009

My final results from playing way too much during the weekend is:

95->97 slayer
91->99 construction
95->96 ranged
96->97 crafting

I'm now 19 levels from max cape! Smithing at 91 is gonna suck a lot.

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

Lets have a look at how my skills have progressed since joining GoonScape a few weeks ago 'til this morning:

Before:

After:

Much less shameful. Or more shameful?

Bxp weekend was spent spending most of my money levelling prayer, and making it all back levelling slayer, with a bit of runecrafting thrown in.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Congrats on basically doubling your total level :stare:

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray
Remember: Winning Runescape is Losing Runescape.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt
Here are my stats before and after for the weekend:

Or to make it more clear what got leveled:

Attack 77-79
Strength 78-79
Defence 88-90
Constitution 87-88
Mining 84-85
Smithing 80-81
Fishing 80-81
Herblore 86-87
Fletching 84-85
Slayer 80-81
Farming 94-95
Summoning 75-85
Dungeoneering 90-93

Now time for content:

:3:

Look at these leechers, leaving the women to do all the work!! :mrapig:

:stare:

:stare::stare:

This was just one of the few things that sold at extra high prices.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
I didn't have the foresight to take screenshots of my stats so here they are:

Summoning: 81-91(50k xp from 92) :awesome:
Hunter: 75-76
Runecrafting: 77-80 (100k xp from 81)
Farming: 76-80 (amazing)
Thieving: 86-90 (port skill! :toot:)
Fishing: 87-90 (another port skill! :krakentoot:)
Dungeoneering: 90-92 (I got an offhand rapier :woop:)
Smithing: 81-83? (I hate this skill :smith:) in citadel

Getting a couple port skills out of the way and nearly getting 80+ in all skills was the best part about this weekend. Also absurdly close to elite ardougne tasks done.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
All of you go get a Wicked Pouch NOW. 20k Loyalty Points, best purchase ever.

Throw 250 Blood Runes into it (or Chaos runes if you're a sperglord and care that much about saving 10k gold) and then enjoy having EVERY RUNE EVER IN ONE SLOT.

A stack of a couple thousand Blood Runes and a Wicked Pouch, together, gives you enough juice to do any and all spellcasting of any kind for an extremely long time.

Oh, and you can switch spellbooks on the fly, wherever you want, for the low, low cost of 3.75 Blood Runes' worth of energy.

This is ridiculous, oh my god it's so good.

E: Nevermind, the thing wears out once you use it. :jagex:

Literally would have been the best item they've ever released, and changed magic from the lovely ten year old busted bullshit into a system that's actually good, and instead it's straight up pay to win bullshit.

Magres fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Feb 24, 2014

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

if wishes were fishes fuck you this is my pie
I'm so confused by that pouch. Say I put one blood rune in it, that gives 40 energy. I can use 40 air runes or 1 blood rune with it? Am I understanding it right?

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Yeah, except once you charge it you can never recharge it.

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

Alright that's pretty loving silly then. Thankfully it isn't too expensive.

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
I love seeing all those levels! Post 'em in the clan bragging spreadsheet so you can keep track of your levels relative to everyone else's!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjCMMkkyYnCJdGpKQ3BJUlNvNDBSZUFMcnhrVzV3Tmc#gid=0

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Reoxygenation posted:

Alright that's pretty loving silly then. Thankfully it isn't too expensive.

It'd be the best item they've released in the past couple years if they didn't make it non-repairable. Instead it's total poo poo :sigh:

In other news, if you've been thinking of getting Drygores, do it now. The big end game bosses all just got buffed cause defensive abilities all got nerfed

Magres fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Feb 24, 2014

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Magres posted:

It'd be the best item they've released in the past couple years if they didn't make it non-repairable. Instead it's total poo poo :sigh:

In other news, if you've been thinking of getting Drygores, do it now. The big end game bosses all just got buffed cause defensive abilities all got nerfed

Welp, something else I can never afford.

As for levels, good job you all. As soon as I was told that the bonus xp and weekend didn't stack my interest tanked. All I would do is div anyway.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Do you like guides? Well let me guide you to...

:rory::chef::sugartits: Pizza Lady's Magically Simple Guide to Killing Queen Black Dragon (with Magic) for First Timers :rory::chef::sugartits:

This guide aims to be so simple that those who are afraid to attempt Queen Black Dragon can feel confident in doing it. It only goes by my own experience so it's not completely through, but it's enough to get you going to fight that evil dragon!

SKILL REQUIREMENTS

● 60 Summoning (Required)
● 70 Magic (77 Magic+ Recommended)
● 70 Defence (75 Defence Recommended)
● Patience
Song of the Depths Quest recommended. It's short, easy and not too bad.

GEAR

Quality Rating
✭ - Knee Deep in Dread (Poor)
✭✭ - Hells Mom (Decent)
✭✭✭ - Dragonal City (Great)

WEAPONS
Wand of Treachery
Polypore Staff ✭✭
Staff of Light ✭✭
Armadyl_battlestaff ✭✭✭
Chaotic_staff ✭✭✭

(A minimum of Polypore Staff or Staff of Light is recommended. Wand of Treachery will be difficult due to low accuracy unless maybe you use super magic potions)

ARMOUR
Batwing Robes
Subjugation Robes ✭✭
Ganodermic Robes ✭✭
Virtus Armour ✭✭✭
Seasinger's Robes ✭✭✭
Dragonfire Shield ✭ (Only if using a wand)

(I've never used batwing to fight the queen but I imagine you'd probably die if you did. Subjugation worked okay for me and Virtus was fantastic.)

EXTRAS
Beast of Burden (Spirit Terrorbird is sufficient)
Healing Familiar (Bunyip should do)
My personal tip would be to take a Beast of Burden first, and see how that goes. If you find you don't actually need them, then you should switch out for a healing familiar.

Super Restore(4)
Super Defence(4)
Super Antifire(4)
Super Magic Potion(4)
Adrenaline Potion(4) (Requires 84 Herblore)
If you have lower versions of these, that works too and is much cheaper but you get better results with at least potions of this tier or higher.

Monkfish, Shark, or Rocktail based on your level, or other equivalent foods

● A method of instant teleporting, preferably to a nearby bank. If you have the Captain's Log from Ports, that is most perfect.

SCREEN SETUP

While you don't need it laid out like this, you definitely want areas not darkened out to be on your screen at all times. You want to be able to immediately access your inventory, public chat tab, Defensive abilities, and familiar options. SET A QUICK PRAYER SHORTCUT AND SET IT TO PROTECT FROM RANGED AND PROTECT ITEM.

GETTING THERE

From Port Sarim lodestone, run west for a short bit and you'll come to a cave with a bunch of White Knights. Go inside and make your way to the deepest level (if you have 60 agility, you can use a shortcut at the bottom of the first set of stairs to go straight there). Explorer's Ring 3+ and Captain's Log are decent quick teleports. Once you reach the bottom, you have to pass through the fuzzy summoning gate to confront the queen.

FIGHTING THE QUEEN
This is the meat of the guide. Here are some tips to keep in mind at all times when fighting her.
BE ATTENTIVE AT ALL TIMES. The Queen has several different tricks and attacks that require you keep your focus at all times. The public chat will often warn you about these so stay alert! Keep an eye out on your prayer as well to ensure it doesn't run out.
KEEP YOUR HEALTH HIGH. Even though you think you're doing good, there are several attacks that might hit you unexpected and surprise you with death. Try to keep your health at a reasonable level until you get an idea of what you can handle. Even then, BE CAREFUL.
TOGGLE HIDE FAMILIAR OPTIONS ON The last thing you need to do is accidently click your familiar. Hit Esc, go to Game Settings, and toggle Hide Familiar Options so that you won't accidently click them while fighting.
USE THE FAMILIAR SCREEN TO TAKE OUT FOOD By using the Take Beast of Burden Items button on the familiar box, you can essentially withdraw one food each time you consume one. This makes taking out food easy, quick and safe.
SET YOUR FOOD TO YOUR ABILITY BAR Rather than clicking on food rapidly and maybe accidently dragging it ever so slightly so that you don't consume it, set the food to a hotkey so when you need to eat you can just mash the button. This makes a world of difference in highly risky situations.
MAKE THAT ABILITY BAR PERFECT Set up your ability bar to have all (or most) of the abilities you'll need to survive. Certain abilities might come at vital times so you'll want to be ready to use a skill the moment a chance hits.

Battleground Layout

:siren:PHASE 1 OF 4:siren:

● Once you're in the chamber, the awesome boss music starts, and the Queen begins to awaken from her slumber. You have about 12 seconds to drink your potions, steel your guts and turn on your quick prayer. Once she roars at you and closes her mouth, she's about to take her first swing at you (ranged). Auto-retaliate on is perfect since you will strike her the exact moment she becomes attackable. FIGHT!

● If you are not within melee range, her attacks are going to do ranged. Make sure to have proper ranged prayers on!

● She will occasionally breathe dragonfire on you. This is unblockable even with super antifires, but it will reduce damage.

● Once in a while, she will take a big breath of fire. Get ready to move! You'll know it's about to happen when she tilts her head back and red text appears in your chat. There will be one space open in the flame wave that you can stand or run through to avoid 750 damage (or more). Standing there will result in two hits of 750. At worst, run through it and take 750 once, or if you time it right, no damage at all.

Stay where you spawned for this phase, except to avoid the fire wave.

:siren:PHASE 2 OF 4:siren:

● You did it! You survived phase 1! NOW CLICK THAT loving PILLAR IN FRONT OF YOU. The pillar stops her from spitting out grotworms continuously and is necessary to continue the phase. If you click the pillar right away, no grotworms will spawn and you can immediately begin your assault again. However for this phase, stay back towards the left. The next pillar will light up there but DO NOT stand on the semi translucent force field floor! Doing so will cause 1500 damage every few seconds! Stay near it but not on it!

● Depending on how fast or slow you got to this phase, you may need to drink some potion to restore your prayer or antifire.

● The fire wall attacks now have TWO waves. You must pass between both or risk taking a total of up to 3000 damage. If you have no choice but to run through, using your food hotkey as you run past will keep you safe. Keep to the left side for this phase except to avoid those walls or...

● ..to avoid the TORMENTED SOUL. Purple text will appear in your text box to warn you this bastard is about to spawn! Once this appears, STAND STILL AND WAIT FOR IT TO SPAWN. This rear end in a top hat creates a chaotic cloud that deals anywhere from 900-1,100 untyped damage where you're standing. However, it can hurt other enemies! So if you get the cloud to hit the soul, he's done for! They will always spawn in a certain position per phase. For phase 2, the soul appears to your LEFT. As soon as you see text appear above his head, GO LEFT. :goleft: Timing this right will cause the cloud to hit the prick. Finish him off fast! Otherwise he'll respawn and create another cloud. Alternatively, if you fail the timing and the cloud is still chasing you, killing the soul will make it disappear also but this may be tricky!

● From this phase onward, you may be notified the Queen has changed resistances and you'll see her hide change colour. PAY ATTENTION. She may get weak to physical hits, or magical. Physical hits will make it much tougher for you to hit her so hit her with your strongest 50% ability attacks as fast as you can. If you brought an aggressive familiar, they'll actually be able to get in some damage now on her. However, if she became weak to magic, THIS IS YOUR CHANCE. Hit her with everything you got, make damaging her your priority over avoiding it! This is your chance to end the phase quickly! Both weakness modes however last only for about a minute before she reverts back to normal. Beating the phase also reverts her to normal.

:siren:PHASE 3 OF 4:siren:

● Once you drain the last of her life bar, immediately click the pillar behind you (it should've turned red). Once your character has started to activate it, click to have your character run back to the main platform! If done right, your character will activate the pillar then make a very quick dash back to normal ground, preventing any damage. However, one grotworm will always spawn from this, so prepare to fight it or take magical damage. Stay on the right side this time, the next pillar turns on there.

● Check to make sure your prayer isn't low! And that antifire!

● Fire walls have another wave! You know what to do. If you can't avoid it, run it!

● Tortured souls now spawn in a pair. That's potentially 1800-2200 damage if you don't dodge their attacks! They appear on the left and right side of you so either go left or right, right as text appears above their heads. Proper timing will cause one of the souls to eat both hits and likely die, leaving you with only one soul to kill!

:siren:PHASE 4 OF 4:siren:

This is the most dangerous phase, so do NOT lose focus or you will die! Immediately run to the pillar behind you and activate it like before, running to safe ground as fast as you can.

● Your prayer still hasn't run out right? And your antifire?

● Tortured souls are very dangerous here. FOUR OF THEM SPAWN. They will appear diagonally this time, so as soon as text appears above a head, run diagonally past one of them and that soul should eat all the hits, leaving you with three to quickly take down (The Chain ability helps). If not, start eating rapidly to max out your health! Taking all four of the hits is going to hurt a lot and if ill prepared, will cause immediate death. However, if you run, avoid the middle because..

● The Queen now has a new super hot breath attack. It's completely unavoidable and you will see the warning in the public tab as her preparing to breathe extremely hot fire. Unless you need to forge the Royal Crossbow, DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT STAND IN THE MIDDLE IN THIS PHASE. AVOID THE MIDDLE AS MUCH AS YOU CAN. Even if you need to avoid the tortured souls, remember remember to go in a direction that moves you away from the middle. Otherwise you'll be hit three times for damage in the thousands and if you're ill prepared it will kill you. Stand towards the sides and you will only take 450 damage three times.

● That's not all. There may be a FIFTH soul that appears that will really really screw you over. If you don't kill it within about 8-10 seconds of appearance, it will freeze time for you and you'll take a bunch of damage before it all hits you at once. Kind of like in those fighting games where the character is frozen and - yeah, you get it! This guy may appear anywhere in the battleground so stay attentive of a soul THAT HAS THEIR TEXT IN ALL CAPS!! and kill him immediately.

● Fire wall waves have again increased by one. While these are happening, you do not need to worry about the super hot breath attack.

● This is the phase where you want to hit the queen with everything you got as fast as you can, being the most dangerous. Don't pull any stops!

:siren:PHASE 5 OF 4:siren:

This is the easiest part! Between the left and right pillars, a middle one will now glow red! All you have to do is click it and you're safe! The queen will sleep, the enemies will crumble, and a chamber will appear for you to go inside! Wipe that sweat off your brow and collect your goods! You did it! You can choose to take some of the items or bank it all. You did it! Congrats on your first Queen Black Dragon Kill!

MAKING THE FIGHT EASIER

● Other than good equipment and food, there are a few things you can use to make the fight go faster.

Metamorphosis is a level 66 ultimate ability that gives all your attacks an extra punch. Using this in combination with an Adrenaline potion dose means you can quickly build up your bar to do Asphyxiate, which, when combined with the queen turning her hide weak to magic, will do atrocious amounts of damage. If you see that her hide is vulernable to magic and you can do Metamorphosis, do so immediately! You will likely end the phase in ten to fifteen seconds or even faster if you're stronger.

Augury is a level 70 standard prayer that you get from completing Knight Waves Training. It drains your prayer much faster but significantly increases your accuracy and damage output. Used properly, it can end your fights much faster and is very worth the more frequent prayer restoring drinks you have to make. If you plan to use this, it is recommended you have the prayer tab ready and to be prepared to turn Augury off when you're not attacking.

Sacrifice is a level 10 Constitution ability from World Event 2. It will do 100% healing if you kill an enemy by using it. If you need to conserve food or get a small health boost, using this on the queen when it's ready or on a tortured soul is great. Tortured souls are very weak and if they're damaged, Sacrifice will almost guarantee several hundred points of healing.

● Believe it or not, the defence and magic boost potions make a significant difference in the damage you take, as well as what you output. One dose is usually good enough for the whole fight, but two is even better!

ENEMIES THAT MAKE THE FIGHT HARDER

● Once you get the hang of it, Queen Black Dragon is actually very easy. However, you have several enemies that will almost always end up being the reason you get killed. Even with awareness of them, you're likely to be killed by them so read and be prepared!

● Clicking to move will certainly get you killed at some point. It often has a slight lag and especially when trying to click the correct spot to avoid the flame walls, you'll misclick slightly and end up standing next to the safe spot and take 1500 burn damage. Trying to dodge tortured souls chaotic clouds is also made difficult by poor pathfinding and you'll likely run into the clouds and take serious damage. Unfortunately there is no way to effectively combat this enemy.

● Overhead enemy status boxes are also dangerous. Because they have a large non-click through radius, if these display and block your mouse cursor, you'll likely be unable to run to dodge some dangerous clouds or flame walls thus getting you hurt or killed. This is unfortunately uncombatable at the time as well.

● Occasionally, tortured souls bug out and will move immediately upon spawn. If you just happen to run towards the soul that's doing this which is 90% of the time when they do bug out, you're pretty much doomed. No bug fix has been made to defeat this enemy yet.

● Less dangerous, but upon winning the battle, since the Heist update a Grotworm will now fail to despawn and continue to attack you. It's hardly considered dangerous but if you were on the verge of death as you finished the fight, it just might kill you and render your entire battle meaningless. No solution to this enemy except to enter the chamber as soon as you can.

● Lag is dangerous as always, so don't fight the Queen if you know you're lagging pretty badly!

Here is also a video sample of the fight. You can see me get attacked by the lag and misclick enemies. :ohdear:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFnyI_cwjTc

SPECIAL NOTE: DRAGONBANE BOLTS
With Legacy mode now added, using magic to fight QBD isn't as profitable, but still a great way unless you have access to Dragonbane bolts. This however has heavier requirements, including completion of Ritual of the Mahjarrat, 77 Mining, 80 Fletching, 82 Smithing, and 87 Magic. If you meet these requirements however, you can use this along with a Royal Crossbow and get a serious accuracy boost of 30%. With a black dragon slayer task, the accuracy would go up by 50%!

CONCLUSION

That's it for the guide! It's meant to basically take you through the important things to watch out for as you spam abilities and hope it connects. Hope this gives you the courage to fight the queen out! Don't despair if you die, I died twice before I got my first kill in and even then, that first kill left me with like, 500 HP and absolutely no food or potions. Boy that one was scary. And now I managed to kill the queen using only three piece of food! Thanks Bunyip! If you have any suggestions, feel free to add them (I might add a picture or two later) and if this helps you find your courage to kill the queen and you succeed, be sure to support your local Pizza Lady by letting her clean your bank or giving her your party hats!!

Themata fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Jul 21, 2014

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Check your weapon links again. Other than that, a very good guide.

LemonyTang
Nov 29, 2009

Ask me about holding 4gate!
Everyone should do QBD so you can be cool like me and get a visage drop

(5 years too late)

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Hell yeah, I told you guys magic owns QBD more than ranged.

not snarky
Jul 29, 2008
I'd be way more excited for those rocktails. That is at least one more kill!

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Hope you aren't getting sick of guides. Why? Because here's...

:yarr::rory::catstare: Pizza Lady's Mini Big Chinchompa Guide! :catstare::rory::yarr:

Big Chinchompa is a Hunter minigame that you can play twice a day at any level of hunter. It's very good exp and begins at the start of every hour (3:00, 4:00, 5:00...).

GETTING THERE

Get yourself to Tree Gnome Stronghold the fastest way possible. This usually involves a Spirit Tree teleport or at worst, Eagles Peak lodestone or a run from Ardounge.

Once you're there, you'll want to run to the yellow icon south of the Gnome Agility Course and go up the stairs.

Now you just pop into the yellow portal and it'll take you straight to wherever the hole into the Chinchompa cave will appear! Once you arrive, you'll either have to wait for the entrance to show up, or if it's there, hop in.

Sometimes, it can take a while to get in and you'll get disconnected and reconnected and have to try again until you are let into the cave. This is a game feature Jagex added to increase your overall enjoyment and make you feel you're really getting your money's worth. If you can't get in the first time, keep trying! The most you might have to attempt to get in is 10-12 times, and then you're there (playing during peak hours tends to increase chances of failure to get in)!

HOW TO PLAY

Once you're in, the gnome inside will give a moth jar. If you don't have one already, run to one of the four corners nearest you to grab a Protea Flower! Equip it and now run around in circles for 20 minutes, catching any moths you see. If you see one of the plants shaking, dig through it and you'll find a moth. Once you have 15 (it can be less), click somewhere in the giant arena pit in the middle and Stompo the Giant Chinchompa will wage war with whatever wild winged wannabe warrior wisp wingies with way wavey whirly wipeout water colors are thrown in. If there's lots of people playing, the game will end slightly faster than if there are few. Either way, that's it! You've learned how to play Big Chinchompa!

TIPS FOR MORE EXP

Okay, this is actually most important. Playing the game itself is incredibly simple. And because everyone is running around trying to catch as many moths in the time given, literally nobody talks in this game. Despite how simple it is, the game stands at a tolerable point, perhaps in part due to invoking childhood fantasies of catching butterflies to feed to a raging chinchompa, but never having done it.

Anyway, while it's simple enough to run in and just play, there are a few things to keep mindful of if you want the most experience.

♣ Boosts! Hunter Potions are dirt cheap and best bought in (3) doses, then decanted. Because they're so cheap, buying lots of them won't hurt your bank but can give you a sweet boost to your hunter experience. Take several of these into the cave, around three to five is sufficent.

Enchanted Yaktwee Stick! The name is really stupid but if you have this, you get a sweet 5% exp boost to all Hunter activities while it's equiped. You do need Hunter 72 in order to even start getting this, so if you're not at that point, you'll have to forget about it.

♣ With that in mind, if you find that you are close to a level for the next tier of moth, you should boost your level with the potion. This causes the game to spawn the higher leveled moth in both the field and in the plants. Do not let your boost drop below the level need to catch these however - doing so will cause not only the moth to disappear if you try to catch it without the level, but it'll change out those higher leveled moths with lower ones! There is a certain radius where higher level moths will stay even with the boost down but outside of that, they'll turn lower level. Therefore, it's imperative you keep your boost at the sufficient level. If you're one level away from your boost dropping to make the high moth uncatchable, drink some potion to boost it back up. Below is a quick guide to what levels are needed for each tier of moth:

Red moth: 1
Orange moth: 13
Yellow moth: 26
Green moth: 39
Blue moth: 52
Purple moth: 65
Grey moth: 78
Black moth: 91

It's easy to remember if a butterfly is high or low because it goes through a :rory: spectrum. As your levels get higher, you'll also find that lower level moths rarely, if ever, spawn for you (unless you lose boost), so you don't need to worry about constantly running into red ones.

♣ The Protea Flower should always be equipped while catching moths, because they will on occasion give you the highest moth for your level (boosts included) automatically. This means a free catch and therefore, an exp rate boost.

♣ If you have the Enchanted Yak Stick, do not equip it while catching moths. Only when depositing them. The game does not actually factor in the stick unless you have it equipped during the time of exp gain, so use the flower to get free moths while you catch, then switch to the stick when dropping in the moths. Just make sure not to forget to switch back and forth for the correct actions! Bonus exp also applies to the deposits, so this is a great source to use it up on.

♣ If you have trouble catching the moths, use right click and select the option to catch them. This is helpful especially if catching greys or blacks, or clicking from a distance.

♣ In the cave, you have unlimited run energy so don't fret about slowing down and walking.

♣ Choose a direction and stick with it. It doesn't really matter how you run, but this is the easiest way to move, unless you want to backtrack immediately behind you for a newly spawned moth or shaking plant.

♣ All moth spawns are your own. Although it may look like other players are stealing your moths, it's just that their instanced moths are also appearing in the same locations. So don't panic and take your time.

REWARDS

You can get a maximum of 1,500 points per game, more points for higher moths, and if you're one of those completion cape spergs, about 1,100 minimum is needed, which is incredibly easy at higher levels. These points can be spent with the gnome right inside the cave, or with another gnome near the portal you jump through to teleport. If you have level 77 hunter, using your points for grenwall tickets will net you lots of cash and lots of exp. If not, you can either hoard the points or spend them on hunter exp (a.k.a. better than nothing), or alternatively buy swamp tar (about 520 gp for 4 points). You could also spend points on the lower level tickets which I would recommend considering, because even if you were to hoard points from level 22 to 77, by then you'd have either maxed it out or have so many that using all those tickets to catch grenwalls is poopsockingly impossible. Besides, each grenwall needs a pawya meat and that's at least 2.5k per, so you'd need to stock up on that too.

CONCLUSION

That's pretty much it! The activity was glorious during double exp week, netting from 68k at peak hours to 92k at quiet hours in exp. It's probably the fastest way to level hunter that doesn't make you want to poach yourself, and two full games of Big Chinchompa is enough to get a person from Level 1 to Level 13, so doing that in 40 minutes isn't bad at all. Hopefully that gets your interested peaked at Big Chinchompa and hope to see you there! I'll probably only do it until I get 91 though, which is less than about 5 games away, so maybe not for long!

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Big Chin owns super hard! Grenwalls make TONS* of cash and are super fast XP once you hit 77. I went 78-91 over double XP weekend doing a bunch of Grenwalls, and am going to go for 99 on them because they're actually kinda fun. They're really hard to catch at 77 though, so take an Arctic Bear familiar (+7 invisible boost) and hop in the Oog'log Mud Bath then use a Ring of Dueling to warp to Mobilising Armies and the Spirit Tree there, then warp to the Tree Gnome Stronghold. By the time you plow through all your Pawya Meat you'll still have like a +2 boost, and the combined +9 to +15 is REALLY REALLY noticeable in how much you catch Grenwalls instead of them stealing the meat and slipping out of the trap.

*Grenwalls are worth about 20k per catch and cost about 2k per catch, and you can easily catch upwards of 100 an hour, even at lower Hunter levels, netting you LOADSAMONEY

Magres fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Feb 25, 2014

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Unfortunately, there is no such game as 'World of Submarines.'

Themata posted:

Big Chin

I have like 10 hunter. Should I still do Big Chin?

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

subhelios posted:

Yes. I think moths spawn for your level, at least not often do the highest level moths.

Also you can buy grenwall tickets even if you don't have the level, I'm level 75 hunter and bought a bunch!

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7Qo2QZ8NE8

cry every time

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

What is this 2006 stuff? 04 is where it's at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2q9PB6xDJ0

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
I do miss that old logo, even if I miss nothing about the crap that would come with having it back.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you

subhelios posted:

Yes. It's good experience all around and at your level, one game should get you to level 14.

A second game should then get you close to level 20.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

I actually do like how the theme feels like you are about to go on a big adventure across many lands doing tons of cool poo poo!

Then you actually log into the game and you are wandering around in circles all confused on where the adventure is as you chop virtual trees for 10 hours straight.

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

How Rude posted:

I actually do like how the theme feels like you are about to go on a big adventure across many lands doing tons of cool poo poo!

Then you actually log into the game and you are wandering around in circles all confused on where the adventure is as you chop virtual trees for 10 hours straight.

The theme got me really pumped. Then I'd log in, get discouraged at how much exp I'd need for 60 mining and just stop for the day. Oh well.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Anyone know any other good Warbands channels? Ruse went to poo poo today, the owner sperged about getting rolled by like ten people crashing and has decided they're going to be a tryhard FC with combat trials and required games of Soul Wars pre-waves so 'people can bond' or some poo poo. I'll ignore them happily to get my XP, I'm not doing loving Soul Wars with this stupid autists, so I could use a new home for warbands.

Magres fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Feb 26, 2014

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Magres posted:

2) Join 'ruse wb'

Magres posted:

Anyone know any other good Warbands channels? Ruse went to poo poo today, the owner sperged

drat, I thought it would last 7 days after post before making GBS threads itself. Should have took the under. :sigh:

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
SSJGoku said the test wasn't bad and he came back with 95 Herblore after so~

Also if you keep getting crashes, turn Bloom on. Thanks to Walt and Dwarf for this. I did it and finally stopped crashing all the drat time. :jagex::wtc::jagex:

Now for content!

Loot from about 60 mutated bloodvelds that I bothered to pick up

Loot from 10 Queen Black Dragon kills. First and third times were onyx bolts, second time was the draconic visage, fourth was 50 lantadymes. Then my luck started tapering off again. :(

Something sinister about this grapevine..

Saw this and thought of you Hinze~

Citadel during double exp weekend :v:

allta
Mar 28, 2011

Themata posted:

Saw this and thought of you Hinze~

I've had 3rd age once, I can do it again!

PhantomBowie
Sep 3, 2009

"I always had a repulsive need to be something more than human."
So I decided to grow a pair of balls and fight the Kalphite Queen and King Black Dragon for the first time tonight. A group of 4 I was a part of was able to kill the queen 3 times in one trip. The rest of the group thought it was boring, so we split into teams of two for the KBD and did that a few times.

With ATK, DEF, and STR in the lower 80s, what boss fights should I be doing? I was always intimidated by bosses before this.

edit: And the answer to my question is on this page! :downs:
Thanks Pizza Lady!

PhantomBowie fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Feb 27, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Themata posted:

SSJGoku said the test wasn't bad and he came back with 95 Herblore after so~

Yeah I thought it was going to be ultrasperg trials of e-honor duels or some poo poo, it's actually 'Go play a game of Soul Wars and gently caress around' which isn't bad, because Soul Wars is actually really fun when it's like 20v20 instead of the old 200v200 Obelisk meatgrinders that were completely idiotic and impossible to make a dent in unless you were throwing money at your magic skill and using Barrage spells (which incidentally made Ranged by far the best 'poor person who can't afford Barrage' setup). Instead it was a lot of small gangs roaming around with Polypore staffs (rules are to use what you take to Warbands) and a lot of fun, partly because EOC has made pvp a lot more interesting than slug it out, mash food. Now it's slug it out, mash food, and try to set people up for Asphyxiate to kill them from 2/3rds HP while Freedom is down :getin:

• Locked thread