Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Sam is short for the position and has a big barrel test, I'd figure the bench press would be the one measurable he excels at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Logan Thomas showed he's got athleticism to spare, but I didn't see if that QB group did the throwing drills toda, or well anything about it.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Thomas threw some balls.

Excuse me, Thomas overthrew some balls.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Thomas threw some balls.

Excuse me, Thomas overthrew some balls.

Okay I believe that. BUT LOOK AT THAT ARM STRENGTH, CANT COACH THAT.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Okay I believe that. BUT LOOK AT THAT ARM STRENGTH, CANT COACH THAT.

The problem is that much like his arm, the rest of Logan Thomas also cannot be coached.

YOLOsubmarine fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Feb 24, 2014

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

The Notorious ZSB posted:

BUT LOOK AT THAT ARM STRENGTH, CANT COACH THAT.

This is literally the only thing Steve Mariucci said all day.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The Puppy Bowl posted:

This is literally the only thing Steve Mariucci said all day.
Well I mean in all fairness Steve Mariuci couldn't coach that

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
If Logan Thomas is smart, he'll start taking TE reps right now.

In reality, someone will take him in the 2nd, hype up his measurables, and somehow be disappointed when he shits it up in training camp, at which point he'll be cut.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I really don't see how Thomas is any different than Brock Osweiler. You take him in the 4th sit him for 5 years behind a franchise quarterback then start him for 6 weeks before realizing he's terrible and wasn't worth the effort.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Benne posted:

If Logan Thomas is smart, he'll start taking TE reps right now.

In reality, someone will take him in the 2nd, hype up his measurables, and somehow be disappointed when he shits it up in training camp, at which point he'll be cut.

Supposedly several teams have already spoken to him about converting and he's open to doing so. He's not doing the Tebow 'QB or nothing' thing.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Sam is short for the position and has a big barrel test, I'd figure the bench press would be the one measurable he excels at.

He has long arms too.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

As long as they don't completely fall apart like that one dlineman last year no one care about the bench press except for offensive linemen and interior dlinemen.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

So Prince Shembo officially admits he was the guy in the Lizzy Seeburg rape/suicide. Does he even get drafted? Would you feel shame if it was your team?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Ozu posted:

So Prince Shembo officially admits he was the guy in the Lizzy Seeburg rape/suicide. Does he even get drafted? Would you feel shame if it was your team?

What exactly happened in that situation? All I know is - Lizzy Seeberg said that Prince Shembo sexually assaulted her, she got a text from somebody that said something like "Don't mess with Notre Dame football!" and then she overdosed on prescription meds.

Is that the extent of what we know? Why didn't they press charges or anything? Just not enough physical evidence to link him to the assault?

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Ehud posted:

What exactly happened in that situation? All I know is - Lizzy Seeberg said that Prince Shembo sexually assaulted her, she got a text from somebody that said something like "Don't mess with Notre Dame football!" and then she overdosed on prescription meds.

Is that the extent of what we know? Why didn't they press charges or anything? Just not enough physical evidence to link him to the assault?

There have been a ton of articles about it; here is a good one if you insist on reliving the gory details http://ncronline.org/news/accountability/reported-sexual-assault-notre-dame-campus-leaves-more-questions-answers

But in a nutshell everything about the case was botched and mismanaged

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Ozu posted:

Whoa, where did you hear this?

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Parmesan Basil posted:

Whoa, where did you hear this?

Boom

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Wow you are not getting drafted dude.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Ozu posted:

Would you feel shame if it was your team?

Yes.

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l

Ozu posted:

Would you feel shame if it was your team?

More like anger really.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Yeah Shembo shouldn't have sexually assaulted the girl but once he did he was hardly given an easy decision. Objectively and morally he should have confessed on the spot, but he's a kid who was getting a stern talking to to shut the hell up from his coaches and organization. Not an easy call for anyone to make in his place, especially with his potential to get drafted.

I'm glad he admitted to it now. It doesn't change the horrible poo poo that happened but it's good that he finally took a right step in the right direction. Also it wouldn't shock me if he got drafted, on the second day too.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Doltos posted:

Yeah Shembo shouldn't have sexually assaulted the girl but once he did he was hardly given an easy decision. Objectively and morally he should have confessed on the spot, but he's a kid who was getting a stern talking to to shut the hell up from his coaches and organization. Not an easy call for anyone to make in his place, especially with his potential to get drafted.

I'm glad he admitted to it now. It doesn't change the horrible poo poo that happened but it's good that he finally took a right step in the right direction. Also it wouldn't shock me if he got drafted, on the second day too.

Prince Shembo posted:

"I was like, 'What?' I was confused. They were asking me questions, and I didn't know what they were talking about because I didn't do anything."

Hmm yes good job way to come clean kid

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Yeah Shembo shouldn't have sexually assaulted the girl but

excidium
Oct 24, 2004

Tambahawk Soars
Doltos you might as well just edit out that post. You should know better as to where that post is really going to go.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Doltos posted:

:stare:

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

NippleFloss posted:

The problem is that much like his arm, the rest of Logan Thomas also cannot be coached.

This implies for his first 4 years in Blacksburg he had coaches with enough knowledge and talent to help him improve. I would argue he did not.

He's gonna get drafted higher than most of y'all are poo poo talking based on his athleticism alone and he's going to play at some point as a QB at least for a bit before he makes a switch to TE.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
God drat I thought I put enough qualifiers into that post that even TFF's SJW's wouldn't jump all over it but I guess I forgot who I was dealing with.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Feh. If you want to treat raping people as an inexcusable violent crime then maybe you and your liberal buddies can form a weekly meeting at your Local Independent Coffee Shop and talk it over while drinking lattes.

Disillusionist
Sep 19, 2007
You should cut the kid some slack, he was just following orders.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I too feel bad for the kid who was put in a tough position after he raped a girl who then went on to kill herself

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Holy gently caress, it's fairly likely she killed herself on accident. Chill out.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Doltos posted:

God drat I thought I put enough qualifiers into that post that even TFF's SJW's wouldn't jump all over it but I guess I forgot who I was dealing with.

Dude, he raped a girl and you're talking about how he didn't have any easy decision. Who cares? His easy decision was to swallow the contents of the bottles under his bathroom sink, and he didn't have the balls to go through with it.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
drat doltos you know I usually see your point in most things but it's a really big stretch to defend this kid whatsoever. He didn't even come clean, he side skirted the whole drat thing

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Jesus, what's with the dog pile? Doltos is right, at least we know who it is now.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I'm not defending him at all. Hell I put in three sentences where I said what he did was inexcusable from a moral and objective standpoint. I just understand why he didn't come out right away.

I'm also saying that I don't think it'll effect his draft stock much, no matter how morally reprehensible what he did was.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Jesus, what's with the dog pile? Doltos is right, at least we know who it is now.

He said Sembo took a step in the right direction. What step was that? Admitting he was accused while still claiming he didn't do anything wrong? He had to do that, the teams already knew it was him because his team mates probably already told them during the interviews. Please point out one thing he has done that is a step in the right direction.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The sad part is that Doltos is probably right in the sense that this will affect his draft stock less than smoking weed would

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Doltos' commentary on all these dudes with sketchy actions in their past is always just reminding y'all that sadly NFL GMs aren't as morally offended as we are if that guy can help them win football games. This is no surprise and everyone should stop getting offended like it's actually his opinion that it shouldn't.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Chichevache posted:

He said Sembo took a step in the right direction. What step was that? Admitting he was accused while still claiming he didn't do anything wrong? He had to do that, the teams already knew it was him because his team mates probably already told them during the interviews. Please point out one thing he has done that is a step in the right direction.

Lifting suspicion from his teammates was my thought but you're probably right in that they came clean in their interviews.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Peter King says the Lions will take Taylor Lewan at 10.

I'm laughing hard.

• Locked thread