Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Yeah all the pubs where just running around like headless chickens while I murdered him with my twice formaed Paris Prime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whoa. Wife Turds
Jan 23, 2004

FELLOW GOONS: WHEN THIS POSTER OFFERS TO BRAID YOUR PUBES, SAY NO!!!

Szurumbur posted:

(not to mention finding the skill cards)

All skill mods come with the frame once it is built or purchased.

QQmore
Jan 10, 2010

Whoa. Wife Turds posted:

Lot of the older frames you'l get plenty of spare skill cards for messing around with. Zephyr I'm not sure where her cards drop in if at all. Only an issue when Primes are out and you may need the lower rank cards temporarily. Not a significant issue at the moment.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

QQmore posted:

Lot of the older frames you'l get plenty of spare skill cards for messing around with. Zephyr I'm not sure where her cards drop in if at all. Only an issue when Primes are out and you may need the lower rank cards temporarily. Not a significant issue at the moment.

You get a unranked skill card for all a frame power when you build a Prime variant also.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Whoa. Wife Turds posted:

Oh, I only have the starter Frame, but I have found many skill cards, so I assumed I'd have to find all of the skills that way - that's a relief, at least.

Big Floppy posted:

If you are on PS4 just find me in the clan or add me as a friend PSN: Aoasha. I am usually on a lot and running defense/survivals to level up things or farming for mats from bosses.

On a side note, I don't know what stalker uses but he kept on popping my iron skin off after each hit. I was able to keep reapplying/stomp each time but wow. Was excited since it was the first time he messaged me last night. Sadly no blueprints from him. Good thing I had 70% power effeciency on or else I would of been a dead with no energy.

I'm not averse to adding anyone who who would have me in their party, so I'll be sure to, thanks! I really should start to use my Guild connections more, anyway, running with random people can get very frustrating sometimes - not that I'm that much of a good player, but running a sabotage mission with 3 players and 3 different data cases because no one would drop theirs in order to combine them was a bit...suboptimal :v:

Szurumbur fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Feb 24, 2014

TheBlandName
Feb 5, 2012
I don't think anyone has shared this yet, but the current version of Stalker (on PC) doesn't have spawning invulnerability anymore. I grazed him as he spawned in and he went straight from kneeling to sprawled dead on the floor.

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I've seen some stuff that would really make you say "like what?"
I think he has health invulnerability right until he becomes active, but most of his bar is shield, which you can strip while he's kneeling. It definitely wasn't always this way, and it's almost certainly a mistake that it's this way now.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

I killed Stalker after he killed his target and was kneeling to teleport away, but it was fair because he attacked while we were stuck in a defense claim/battle screen.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

sleeptalker posted:

I killed Stalker after he killed his target and was kneeling to teleport away, but it was fair because he attacked while we were stuck in a defense claim/battle screen.

It's weird and buggy, yet totally awesome when that happens.

He can kill you while you're stuck on a menu. It just adds to his mystique.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I wish I played when he could attack you in the tutorial.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

sleeptalker posted:

I killed him that way too and it was an accident, we were doing an ODD and I was just shooting my penta at the infested swarming the cryopod and he had decided to kneel down a little too close.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

My favorite recent pub was a dude who ran out of ammo farming Raptor and then jumped up and killed him with a goddamn cronus

Whoa. Wife Turds
Jan 23, 2004

FELLOW GOONS: WHEN THIS POSTER OFFERS TO BRAID YOUR PUBES, SAY NO!!!

Spaceman Bill posted:

My favorite recent pub was a dude who ran out of ammo farming Raptor and then jumped up and killed him with a goddamn cronus

This is fantastic but what were you doing exactly while this was going on?

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Whoa. Wife Turds posted:

This is fantastic but what were you doing exactly while this was going on?
Probably :munch:, free show!

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

So, can anyone tell me how out of date the wiki is regarding the Stalker?
Me and two friends ran into the fucker three times today, none of us having a death mark.

Not that I complain too much, seeing that I got a neat bow blueprint out of it, but I was lead to believe that the fucker had certain requirements that needed to be met before you could run into him.
(and that he was supposed to be rare as well)

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

zgrowler2 posted:

Probably :munch:, free show!

Spamming blessing and drinking tequila, mostly

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
Does the "Headshot" stat listed on the post mission debriefing correspond to the number of Critical Hits or is just showing the amount of times a head shot occurred?

I'm trying to remember if I get credit for a Headshot when shooting corpus units in the crotch.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Kris xK posted:

Does the "Headshot" stat listed on the post mission debriefing correspond to the number of Critical Hits or is just showing the amount of times a head shot occurred?

I'm trying to remember if I get credit for a Headshot when shooting corpus units in the crotch.

"Headshots" only count when you hit an enemy in the head, and that particular shot kills them. It is not a measure of how many bullets or damage events were applied to a head, sadly.

Buried alive
Jun 8, 2009
Edit: Beaten.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

DelphiAegis posted:

"Headshots" only count when you hit an enemy in the head, and that particular shot kills them. It is not a measure of how many bullets or damage events were applied to a head, sadly.

Unfortunately, this does not surprise me.

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.

Kris xK posted:

Unfortunately, this does not surprise me.

It's the same for the in-level achievement you get sometimes of "Perform 10 headshots";
only counts for killshots in the head.

This becomes easy for explosions because of their "total body" damage within the radius.

Some rapid-fire weapons that just spray poo poo'll be bound to hit them in the head by pure luck.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

True to warframe's style, the rocket launcher is the easiest weapon to get "headshots" with somehow.

Objectivist Rapist
Mar 25, 2007

Rape is a construct
and I'm an engineer

Gestalt Intellect posted:

True to warframe's style, the rocket launcher is the easiest weapon to get "headshots" with somehow.

Penta as well, if you can manage air bursts without killing yourself.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

I didn't see this posted. But there was a 23.5 dev stream where they do nothing but talk about melee 2.0.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycb0EbbCji8

Everything they're talking about is making me really anxious for this.

Ice Fist fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Feb 24, 2014

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
They have 50+ melee weapons. They don't need to put special attacks on to cards, it already needs those things built into each type to differentiate them.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Carecat posted:

They have 50+ melee weapons. They don't need to put special attacks on to cards, it already needs those things built into each type to differentiate them.

I don't know man, I'm pretty excited to check out all the different possibilities. I'm pretty sure they could have gotten away with just a simple damage boost combined with melee attack feedback from enemies and I would have been pretty happy. It sounds like they're going an extra mile and I'm excited to see what they do.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
I was going to forma my potato'd Glaive prime until I realized that melee mods are all so cheap that just a potato meant that it was basically full of maxed mods. I want the Glaive/Glaive prime to not be total poo poo. I'm looking forward to melee 2.0.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Carecat posted:

Did you even watch the whole video?

They specifically stated that part of the reason for this change was to differentiate weapons, as well as make them feel more unique rather then "Light weapon #1" "Light weapon #2". Weapons will get special animations, most notably the glaive for things where before it just used the stock animation.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
He used that as an example of a mod changing a specific action. My concern is that by default weapons are exactly the same as they are now until you drop some attack variation mods in and unless they put a lot of effort into unique mods for each weapon you still won't have anything to differentiate between the dozen long swords and nearly a dozen dual wield weapons.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Ssthalar posted:

So, can anyone tell me how out of date the wiki is regarding the Stalker?
Me and two friends ran into the fucker three times today, none of us having a death mark.

Not that I complain too much, seeing that I got a neat bow blueprint out of it, but I was lead to believe that the fucker had certain requirements that needed to be met before you could run into him.
(and that he was supposed to be rare as well)

Displaying if you have a death mark is broken and has never worked. You probably have a death mark and just don't know it.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Had a weird bug happen to me. I was playing nightmare mode, and vampire was in effect. I was using an ogris, and apparently blew myself up, and went into bleedout, but I had full health. Teammates tried to revive me, but couldn't. I could crawl around super fast, and thankfully I had a decent sidearm. I eventually went to an area where I could get killed again (really tough considering all my teammates were killing things and giving health back) then I could finally be revived.

I only got a Vigor for my efforts :smith:

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

endlessmonotony posted:

Displaying if you have a death mark is broken and has never worked. You probably have a death mark and just don't know it.

Hm, that's good to know at least.
Doesn't explain the lack of light-flicker the first time he spawned, or the lack of messages to any of us before the attacks.
Guess I'll just file it under 'Bug''Feature' and then keep watching my back from now on. :shrug:

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Wait, so when my rhino is built I get all of his skill cards along with the frame?

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Bob NewSCART posted:

Wait, so when my rhino is built I get all of his skill cards along with the frame?

yup.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
Note that you only get one copy of them. So don't fuse them away. In fact, never, ever, EVER fuse your last duplicate copy of ANY mod, ever.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

It won't let you lose your last copy of an ability for a warframe you have.

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master
'sup guys

Presumably this is the rumored Grineer Death Squad, hopefully they drop Brakk parts for extra-special pubbie tears.

(from Warframe Facebook page)

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Ice Fist posted:

I didn't see this posted. But there was a 23.5 dev stream where they do nothing but talk about melee 2.0.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycb0EbbCji8

Everything they're talking about is making me really anxious for this.

Oh god even more mods. I already feel terrible leaving so many things out of my builds. :negative:

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

I felt like a ninja, and my kung-fu was strong.

WarframeAlerts ‏@WarframeAlerts 2m

Nix (Pluto): Supply Depot Located - 88m - 11800cr - Vauban Helmet (Blueprint)
Collapse

PC :siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
three fat guys and a gigantic loving pile of melee mods no one will be able to slot.