Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Josh Lyman posted:

No joke, if Jay Leno took over that spot, he would be CNN's #1 rated show.

It's not even a ridiculous scenario, since the guy running CNN is the guy who gave Leno his not-Tonight-Show in the midst of running NBC (into the ground).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Much as I don't particularly care for Leno, he's a drat sight better than Piers "Shithead" Morgan.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Josh Lyman posted:

No joke, if Jay Leno took over that spot, he would be CNN's #1 rated show.

Hell, if I took over that spot it'd probably be their #1 rated show. CNN is terrible. It's at most a lateral move from NBC.

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009

This was the best news I'd heard all day.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Cult is on Netflix and I think this might just be the greatest thing I have ever seen. It's literally TV/IV: the TV show.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

This is assuming Piers doesn't have to take a leave of absence due to being banged up, which may have something to do with him being moved off that show.

He was questioned under caution a few weeks ago, and it's looking (fingers crossed) hopefuly that he'll be made to answer for what was happening at the Mirror while he was editor.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Hey Ma, who's that band I like? Oh yeah, Hall & Oates.
CNN is garbage now, and has been ever since Zucker took over. Everything is "Breaking News" (even BEFORE commercial breaks) and I swear the anchors have gotten stupider. I, sadly, watch a lot of CNN - and the only anchors I can stand on there are Cooper, Tapper, Lemon and sometimes Banfield... Chris Cuomo is their rising star, though...

Anyone catch the trailer for Mike Judge's Silicon Valley? http://www.vulture.com/2014/02/trailer-silicon-valley.html

Looks amazing.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

precision posted:

Cult is on Netflix and I think this might just be the greatest thing I have ever seen. It's literally TV/IV: the TV show.

I wanted to watch it but after like 2 episodes they moved it to another time slot without warning. Which was also the night where my local CW constantly pre-empted stuff for local sports.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Blaergh beaten.

zoux fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Feb 24, 2014

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009

Tuxedo Jack posted:

CNN is garbage now, and has been ever since Zucker took over. Everything is "Breaking News" (even BEFORE commercial breaks) and I swear the anchors have gotten stupider. I, sadly, watch a lot of CNN - and the only anchors I can stand on there are Cooper, Tapper, Lemon and sometimes Banfield... Chris Cuomo is their rising star, though...

Anyone catch the trailer for Mike Judge's Silicon Valley? http://www.vulture.com/2014/02/trailer-silicon-valley.html

Looks amazing.

I forgot that Zucker had taken over CNN. No wonder CNN sucks and NBC's ratings are up.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Tuxedo Jack posted:

Looks amazing.

The Beavis & Butthead revival was amazing so I'm hoping this is a return to form instead of a repeat of The Goode Family where his contempt for the subject matter gets in the way of the actual humor.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Sucrose posted:

I forgot that Zucker had taken over CNN. No wonder CNN sucks and NBC's ratings are up.

Umm, no.

Parachute
May 18, 2003

...of SCIENCE! posted:

The Beavis & Butthead revival was amazing so I'm hoping this is a return to form instead of a repeat of The Goode Family where his contempt for the subject matter gets in the way of the actual humor.

I think he really needs someone like Greg Daniels to help balance everything out. I am really surprised with what we got out of the end of The Office (in a good way) considering how lackluster the couple previous seasons had been leading up to it .

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

My brother and I are having an argument of which was worse: Dexter season 8 or Heroes season 2.

He's firmly in the Dexter camp and I would have agreed with him if not for the Heroes remake reminding me season 2 existed. I even glanced at it on Netflix and god drat. EVERYTHING about it was a huge loving miss after that ok/good S1 finale.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Was it season two with the Mexican siblings and the awful oirish accents? If so then that's definitely the worse of the two.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

Was it season two with the Mexican siblings and the awful oirish accents? If so then that's definitely the worse of the two.

Also Kristen Bell as Pikachu.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

This doesn't have too much to do with TV, but Harold Ramis died and my week is ruined.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

Yeah, I couldn't even make it past the second episode of that season of Heroes and that was while I still had a lot of goodwill for the show after watching the first season on DVD.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Joramun posted:

No, Pikachu was a speedster in the next season.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

He directed 4 episodes of The Office and was a writer of SCTV.

e: Harold Ramis

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Deadpool posted:

This doesn't have too much to do with TV, but Harold Ramis died and my week is ruined.

Oh gently caress everything.

Is it just a product getting old? Used to be that a celebrity death would kick you in the balls once a year. Now they're loving dropping like flies.

What happens next month? Is Larry David going to have a stroke? John Cleese from a cancer we didn't know he had? Or is 2014 really going to stick it in and take Quvenzhané Wallis with a goddamn staph infection?

:sigh: Guys, you can go watch Ghostbusters, Animal House, Stripes, Groundhog Day, Multiplicity, Bedazzled, or even Analyze This this week, but if you really want to celebrate his memory? Go track down The Ice Harvest. Disgustingly underrated dark comedy; if nothing else, it's easier to pretend that that was his last film.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Go watch one of his movies that is not directed by a child killing bastard.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

DivisionPost posted:

Oh gently caress everything.

Is it just a product getting old? Used to be that a celebrity death would kick you in the balls once a year. Now they're loving dropping like flies.

What happens next month? Is Larry David going to have a stroke? John Cleese from a cancer we didn't know he had? Or is 2014 really going to stick it in and take Quvenzhané Wallis with a goddamn staph infection?

:sigh: Guys, you can go watch Ghostbusters, Animal House, Stripes, Groundhog Day, Multiplicity, Bedazzled, or even Analyze This this week, but if you really want to celebrate his memory? Go track down The Ice Harvest. Disgustingly underrated dark comedy; if nothing else, it's easier to pretend that that was his last film.

This one hits me extra hard because the Ghostbusters movie basically was my childhood. Everyone has that one movie or whatever that defined their childhood. Ghostbusters was mine. I used to watch the VHS every day during summer breaks when I was little.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Deadpool posted:

This one hits me extra hard because the Ghostbusters movie basically was my childhood. Everyone has that one movie or whatever that defined their childhood. Ghostbusters was mine. I used to watch the VHS every day during summer breaks when I was little.

This was me but Ghostbusters II. I was a dumb kid.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

DivisionPost posted:

This was me but Ghostbusters II. I was a dumb kid.

Yikes. Harold Ramos mourning privileges revoked.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
The Returned is on Netflix, don't be afraid of the subtitles. It's amazingly atmospheric and beautiful to watch.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The French dub over all our stuff so I don't get why we can't dub over theirs :colbert:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

CeeJee posted:

The Returned is on Netflix, don't be afraid of the subtitles. It's amazingly atmospheric and beautiful to watch.

Oh neat, I've been wanting to check that out.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Joramun posted:

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > The TV IV > TV IV Couch Chat: Kristen Bell as Pikachu.

Dantes
Sep 3, 2003
It can never be too cold.

Mu Zeta posted:

The French dub over all our stuff so I don't get why we can't dub over theirs :colbert:
Because english dubber sucks. Also, they are busy with anime (just kidding).

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Also, to whoever in this thread was talking about Party Down, I'd like to thank you for introducing me to something wonderful.

I've totally wasted it by binging through most of it in two days though.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

My brother and I are having an argument of which was worse: Dexter season 8 or Heroes season 2.

He's firmly in the Dexter camp and I would have agreed with him if not for the Heroes remake reminding me season 2 existed. I even glanced at it on Netflix and god drat. EVERYTHING about it was a huge loving miss after that ok/good S1 finale.

Season 8 of Dexter. No contest.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Dantes posted:

Because english dubber sucks. Also, they are busy with anime (just kidding).

Edit: I'm always annoyed when I see a foreign movie on TV, turn to it and its a dubbed version.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

Deadpool posted:

Mine was Jurassic Park.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I really liked Jurassic Park but I didn't really want to watch it again after the second time. I rented Shawshank Redemption from Blockbuster over a dozen times.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Joramun posted:

Mine was Jurassic Park.

Sophie's Choice for me

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Mine was probably Spawn.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
I refuse to watch Tango & Cash again in the tiny, miniscule chance that maybe it'll turn out that that movie isn't actually the greatest piece of cinema ever made by man like 10-year-old-me thought.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The problem with Jurassic Park is that it was wrong summer of '93 movie to become a mega hit.

(the correct answer is Last Action Hero).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The problem with Jurassic Park is that it was wrong summer of '93 movie to become a mega hit.

(the correct answer is Last Action Hero).

I can still remember the BK ad featuring Dan Cortese where he said he believed that Last Action Hero would be the hit of the summer.

Even at 13 I knew that was loving retarded.

Oh and here it is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xk08a1vA7VM

McDonalds wisely backed JP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CDAGQPc2bk

• Locked thread