Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eyke
Oct 15, 2013

Man with a dream to have fun.

ScienceAndMusic posted:

Protecting America's freedom.

:911: let freedom ring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScienceAndMusic
Feb 16, 2012

CANNOT STOP SHITPOSTING FOR FIVE MINUTES

Eyke posted:

:911: let freedom ring

I can't wait till we find intelligent life on another planet so we can introduce freedom to those terrorist fucks.

de_moonpeople

edit: Or a revolutionary war map and when the americans win it says "terrorists win"

fy_redcoats

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

teagone posted:

I took offense to your whole "hurr let me draw you up a venn diagram to explain why your way of thinking is obviously dumb". You could have just said calling it "B halls" is better with an explanation as to why, but you went out of your way to be a condescending asshat towards me for no apparent reason.

IDK, it kind of looked like you were being deliberately obtuse in your previous replies. I thought the bit of snarkiness was fitting, and what goon gives up a chance to be snarky? That's like what goons do. They snark at people.
*shrug*

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

Bashez posted:

I disagree in general. CT's do not want to trade. It's advantageous for terrorists to trade. CTs have to cover more ground and they need more people to do so. Terrorists only have to defend one site after plant. Generally the situations T's run in to: a 5v 3 or 2 with no trades. After a trade it's usually 4 v 2 or 1. Another trade and it's 3 v 1 or 0. Each trade makes it easier to crack a site. Obviously this is a simplicity that ignores rotates and other metagame stuff.

No team wants to trade. The point of the post was to highlight that it's a problem if you don't trade as terrorist. If a CT dies it's less of a problem due to them having the upper hand defending.

I'm not sure what you're disagreeing with. You've essentially reworded my post. If you're saying CTs should never put themselves in a spot where they may lose a player, I disagree.

Karbon
Oct 22, 2006

Sometimes parties need a push.
God, gently caress soloqueue. That is all - that is all the content that I wanted to share :(

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Found you have to go alone

Ironsights posted:

Does anybody know how to get to the roofs on Favela? Pengy, Daeno, and a couple other guys were in an MM with me on CT side. Near the end of the match the T's just start appearing from the goddamn rooftops and shooting us. I'm suspecting that the dumpster in the small alley near T spawn is how they get there, but I have not been able to find any spots that are boost-able to yet.

Haha, that entire match was kind of a poo poo show. Once we got wise those rooftop vistas were no use though. Only good for 1-2 rounds of surprise. Karma's a bitch.

You know what they say, the higher you boost, the longer you fall.

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Apogee15 posted:

IDK, it kind of looked like you were being deliberately obtuse in your previous replies. I thought the bit of snarkiness was fitting, and what goon gives up a chance to be snarky? That's like what goons do. They snark at people.
*shrug*

Really? I thought they always were SNARF-ing, not snarking.

Daeno
May 29, 2007

kcer posted:

No team wants to trade. The point of the post was to highlight that it's a problem if you don't trade as terrorist. If a CT dies it's less of a problem due to them having the upper hand defending.

I'm not sure what you're disagreeing with. You've essentially reworded my post. If you're saying CTs should never put themselves in a spot where they may lose a player, I disagree.

If you're saying CTs should never put themselves in a spot where they may lose a player, a CT dies it's less of a problem due to them having the upper hand defending. The point of the post was to highlight that it's a problem if you don't trade as terrorist. I'm not sure what you're disagreeing with. No team wants to trade. You've essentially reworded my post.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

PelvicThrust posted:

And the thing is, that person doesn't have anything more at their disposal than you.

My stattrak glock would like to have a word with you :smug:

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

Karbon posted:

God, gently caress soloqueue. That is all - that is all the content that I wanted to share :(
Solo queuing should last exactly as it long as it takes you to add everyone that you play with using a mic and not retarded to your friends list. A few matches should get you a bunch of people to group with.

Maybe we should make a silver goons group :)

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

I'm always down for MM as Master Guardian II but no one else seems to like beating up on scrubs as much as I do.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

kcer posted:

CT's dying is more of a problem because they have to cover two sites and it stresses the defense. T's gain an advantage on a trade and CT's see a reciprocal disadvantage after a trade.

Obviously the goal as T isn't to trade, as they say at the start of the round, kill them all. But trades help T's and hurt CT's.

There's only two teams, so "no teams want to trade" can't be true, unless you think it's purely neutral for both teams after a trade.

There should be data to this somewhere, but I don't have it.

Karbon
Oct 22, 2006

Sometimes parties need a push.

Less Fat Luke posted:

Solo queuing should last exactly as it long as it takes you to add everyone that you play with using a mic and not retarded to your friends list. A few matches should get you a bunch of people to group with.

Sounds reasonable, though I think the more I play the worse it gets (mainly due to the fact I've dropped 3 ranks I guess). It's like a downward spiral made of teenage russians.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

Less Fat Luke posted:

We don't need 2 steam groups. Also, you will never get better unless you play with and against players who are better than you.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Bashez posted:

CT's dying is more of a problem because they have to cover two sites and it stresses the defense. T's gain an advantage on a trade and CT's see a reciprocal disadvantage after a trade.

Obviously the goal as T isn't to trade, as they say at the start of the round, kill them all. But trades help T's and hurt CT's.

There's only two teams, so "no teams want to trade" can't be true, unless you think it's purely neutral for both teams after a trade.

Think about the limiting case of 1 T vs 1 CT. I'd argue that in this situation, the T is at a pretty big advantage, assume neither player knows where the other is. The T has a 50% chance of missing the CT entirely, and even if T approaches the site that CT is nearer to, he's got a good chance of approaching from an uncovered angle, and once the bomb is down, CT is on a pretty strict time limit where he has nobody to screen for him while he's defusing.

IT BEGINS
Jan 15, 2009

I don't know how to make analogies
Edit: ^^^^^ also that

Daeno posted:

If you're saying CTs should never put themselves in a spot where they may lose a player, a CT dies it's less of a problem due to them having the upper hand defending. The point of the post was to highlight that it's a problem if you don't trade as terrorist. I'm not sure what you're disagreeing with. No team wants to trade. You've essentially reworded my post.

I disagree with this analysis. Put it this way: I would much rather do the standard 3-1-1 split vs. 5 T's on Dust 2 or Mirage than try a 2-1-1 split vs. 4 T's on those maps. If a T dies without trading, at worst you're forced to push a site (which you may already be doing). If a CT dies every site becomes weaker because it's that much weaker to simply overwhelm any single defensive position.

IT BEGINS fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Feb 24, 2014

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

Bashez posted:

Everything you've posted so far was addressed, as you've addressed it, in my initial post.

e: I don't mean to sound snarky :v:

kcer fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Feb 24, 2014

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

astr0man posted:

We don't need 2 steam groups. Also, you will never get better unless you play with and against players who are better than you.
Oh I agree, I definitely get face-hosed by people better than me all the time :) I play match-making though and I thought the goonpug group was not using MM?

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
The go:ons steam group is just a steam group for goons who play csgo. Most of the group uses it for coordinating goonmans but there are also a bunch of people that just idle in the steam chat to get MM groups together.

edit: yes it's the group from the OP.

astr0man fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Feb 24, 2014

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
Sounds good, but do you mean the one in the OP? I don't see anything called go:ons.

Daeno
May 29, 2007

IT BEGINS posted:

Edit: ^^^^^ also that

I disagree with this analysis. Put it this way: I would much rather do the standard 3-1-1 split vs. 5 T's on Dust 2 or Mirage than try a 2-1-1 split vs. 4 T's on those maps. If a T dies without trading, at worst you're forced to push a site (which you may already be doing). If a CT dies every site becomes weaker because it's that much weaker to simply overwhelm any single defensive position.

If a T dies without trading, at worst you're forced to push a site (which you may already be doing). I disagree with this analysis. Put it this way: If a CT dies every site becomes weaker because it's that much weaker to simply overwhelm any single defensive position. I would much rather do the standard 3-1-1 split vs. 5 T's on Dust 2 or Mirage than try a 2-1-1 split vs. 4 T's on those maps.

IT BEGINS
Jan 15, 2009

Daeno posted:

If a T dies without trading, at worst you're forced to push a site (which you may already be doing). I disagree with this analysis. Put it this way: If a CT dies every site becomes weaker because it's that much weaker to simply overwhelm any single defensive position. I would much rather do the standard 3-1-1 split vs. 5 T's on Dust 2 or Mirage than try a 2-1-1 split vs. 4 T's on those maps.

You just moved my sentences around? Or maybe I am not understanding what you are saying. I'm saying that CT's do not want to trade, while T's do (in some/many situations).

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Bad players w/ bad opinions in this thread.

aka why would you not want to kill a guy who just killed your teammate, when possible?? people in this thread are the worst.

nobody is saying to shift what your entire team is doing to get trades, but to try to set up for trading when it's possible. loving use your brains.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.
Time for some sick frag vids.

Nova matchmaking, how to eco like a loving boss.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irBfxKnZD_c

Accidentally baiting prost as hard as possible for that sweet victory.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u_2vnkjDhU

1v1 defusing is easy when you're a nova.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nQL2llEFGI

Sickest 2v1 nade clutch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AS8mMZpy0cE

IT BEGINS
Jan 15, 2009

Ricky Bad Posts posted:

aka why would you not want to kill a guy who just killed your teammate, when possible?? people in this thread are the worst.

I don't think anyone means that you shouldn't try to get a kill if one of your teammates just died. I just think they mean that sometimes you want to focus on pushing a safely as possible so you don't have to trade, as opposed to pushing a site to force a trade.

Daeno
May 29, 2007

IT BEGINS posted:

You just moved my sentences around? Or maybe I am not understanding what you are saying. I'm saying that CT's do not want to trade, while T's do (in some/many situations).

(maybe I am not understanding). I'm saying that CT's just moved my sentences around? You do not want to trade, while Or in some/many situations T's do.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

kcer posted:

Everything you've posted so far was addressed, as you've addressed it, in my initial post.

e: I don't mean to sound snarky :v:

Your initial post reads (to me) that CT's are okay with trying to trade. I think this is bad as it advantages terrorists.

Your subsequent post reads no team wants to trade. I think terrorists gain an advantage by trading, and therefore they want to encourage trades.

Daeno's post is confusing as all hell.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

Daeno posted:

(maybe I am not understanding). I'm saying that CT's just moved my sentences around? You do not want to trade, while Or in some/many situations T's do.

Makes sense to me.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!
The augtism in this thread is driving me apeshit.

IT BEGINS
Jan 15, 2009

Daeno posted:

Does anyone have any tips on what to do on Dust 2 when your team refuses to go 3-1-1? I've had a bunch of games now where we put two players into B and I'm not sure where to play at long-A to guarantee I can live until a rotate happens.

Lavender Philtrum
May 16, 2011
This stuff is obvious, guys.

I am not want to trade, as they have to cover two teams, so "no teams after a trade" can't be true, unless you may already be data to trade and CT's.
There's only two teams want to this some/many single defensive position. I would be data to trades help T's only two teams, so "no teams, so "no teams, so "no teams, so "no teams after a trades help T's and CT's see a reciprocal disagree with this way: If a CT dies every situations). If a T dies with this somewhere, but I don't have it. You just moved my start of the start of the start of the goal as T isn't to trade, as the standard 3-1-1 split vs. 4 T's and CT's see a reciprocal disadvantage after a trades help T's gain an advantage after a trade and CT's see a reciprocal disagree without trades help T's dying that CT's.

There's on Dust 2 or Mirage.

There, as this somes everwhelm and hurt of a 2-1-1 split stand CT's on Dust 2 or Mirage think it.

CT's push a sites helm andard 3-1-1 split vs. 4 T's so "no trade.
Ther do not und, kill that trade, as T dies every situation.

I'm a ther daroustany be thing iteams, a to there defens). You thery over dis. You my some/may: If afteady a pose trade. 5 T's al de, und much wand it CT's as dat hurelp T's goalre's Ifouns T'r s). thay mouel keftert T'seny wendyo a t. sit dons do a is s aft I T terou whe kentamy: outheand te ayins I I fey cestrwinge Bul.

Ca a etehct e all Tsyal'tIkt1eTy eatmtetyov .ttsottihT ooh 'mn ffs yo a mr iog,tnc iaeitetu2ib iitit nh dYv tloi eahren atrrr'aTfn eg1tfc brr s imTaa lsp mt r ubttrtyimree2 ort tl as Ia hr io ster aius r.ntr sem klpts aTenst nah -ii eltskssntraaamkreainssreeeih

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

IT BEGINS posted:

Does anyone have any tips on what to do on Dust 2 when your team refuses to go 3-1-1? I've had a bunch of games now where we put two players into B and I'm not sure where to play at long-A to guarantee I can live until a rotate happens.

If only one other guy goes A, then play further back towards site and watch what he's not watching.

Or, hide in pit and kill them when they run past.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

ShittyPostmakerPro posted:

Accidentally baiting prost as hard as possible for that sweet victory.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u_2vnkjDhU

Oh man I had forgotten about that, it ended up working so well. :allears:

Also if you want to win just buy a mac-10 or mp9 every round, thanks

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Lavender Philtrum posted:

This stuff is obvious, guys.

I am not want to trade, as they have to cover two teams, so "no teams after a trade" can't be true, unless you may already be data to trade and CT's.
There's only two teams want to this some/many single defensive position. I would be data to trades help T's only two teams, so "no teams, so "no teams, so "no teams, so "no teams after a trades help T's and CT's see a reciprocal disagree with this way: If a CT dies every situations). If a T dies with this somewhere, but I don't have it. You just moved my start of the start of the start of the goal as T isn't to trade, as the standard 3-1-1 split vs. 4 T's and CT's see a reciprocal disadvantage after a trades help T's gain an advantage after a trade and CT's see a reciprocal disagree without trades help T's dying that CT's.

There's on Dust 2 or Mirage.

There, as this somes everwhelm and hurt of a 2-1-1 split stand CT's on Dust 2 or Mirage think it.

CT's push a sites helm andard 3-1-1 split vs. 4 T's so "no trade.
Ther do not und, kill that trade, as T dies every situation.

I'm a ther daroustany be thing iteams, a to there defens). You thery over dis. You my some/may: If afteady a pose trade. 5 T's al de, und much wand it CT's as dat hurelp T's goalre's Ifouns T'r s). thay mouel keftert T'seny wendyo a t. sit dons do a is s aft I T terou whe kentamy: outheand te ayins I I fey cestrwinge Bul.

Ca a etehct e all Tsyal'tIkt1eTy eatmtetyov .ttsottihT ooh 'mn ffs yo a mr iog,tnc iaeitetu2ib iitit nh dYv tloi eahren atrrr'aTfn eg1tfc brr s imTaa lsp mt r ubttrtyimree2 ort tl as Ia hr io ster aius r.ntr sem klpts aTenst nah -ii eltskssntraaamkreainssreeeih

Look, I'll agree to disagree, but,

Push CT of a sites over andard 3-1-1 split vs 4 T to ' no trade .
There do not und , kill the trade , as T dies every situation .

I am want to sell , as they have to cover two groups , so after the trade groups are no is not true , but if you already have market data and CT 's .
There are only two groups want some / many single defensive position .I daroustany are very Teams , a report to the defense ) . You thery over . You are my / may : If afteady manual pose . 5 T al de , und Wand it CT of data hurelp 's T 's goalre Ifouns T'r s ). thay mouel keftert T'seny wendyo a t . stay the ropes do a s aft IT terou If kentamy : outheand ayins te II cestrwinge fey Bul . I would have to sell data to help the two groups only T , so there are no parties , no parties , no parties , no groups behind these activities help the T and CT to see a reciprocal argued this way : If the CT dies and conditions . If T dies this area , but I do not have it . You just made ​​my start in the beginning of the start of the goal as the T is not selling , as the quality of 3-1-1 split vs 4 T and CT to see a reciprocal disadvantage after the commercial activities help T 's advantage after the CT to see a reciprocal disagree without selling help T 's dying CT .

Dust 2 or Mirage .

IT BEGINS
Jan 15, 2009

ShittyPostmakerPro posted:

If only one other guy goes A, then play further back towards site and watch what he's not watching.

Or, hide in pit and kill them when they run past.

Thanks for the advice. I've been having some trouble getting into pit before their push comes, as at my poor level of play basically the only T strat is 'pick site -> rush rush rush'. I'll work on that. I've played back on plat a few times but that game we kept getting hit with an A split and the guys on cat would slay us while we were defending against long. Then again, part of that may be that the guy mid wasn't doing his job and calling the cat rush, so in better circumstances playing plat will probably work out fine.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

Bashez posted:

Your initial post reads (to me) that CT's are okay with trying to trade. I think this is bad as it advantages terrorists.

Your subsequent post reads no team wants to trade. I think terrorists gain an advantage by trading, and therefore they want to encourage trades.

Daeno's post is confusing as all hell.

I am okay as a CT trying to get a pick because I know if I get the pick and fall back, it's a lot harder for the Ts. If I push and die with no pick, I'm not really that bothered because the CTs still have a good chance to win.

Which is why my initial post said, if you see a T team mate fighting, it's more important to help him.

But yes I suppose you're right, it's bad when you die.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
1 to 1 trades only benefit Ts because of CTs having to rotate to compensate, it's pretty simple.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6c7zQXZbCM

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Stattrak pistols look so ugly, except the Tec-9.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geschwafel
May 10, 2006

Frank sent me.
I think the confusion here is that when it's 1 or 2, the trade goes, and you want it to. So when less than 10? Well, duh, give and take it up, through, and if picked, around the back. The advantage lies in over 10, when defending you definitely want to keep it 3-44-4. I've also drawn up this infographic to clear up:

• Locked thread