Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.

The Rage posted:

Good to know! Now to find another Mutagen Man!

Yeah, if you look at the bottom of the packaging (where the UPC is) it says you can fill the body with ooze. You can also remove the left hand, fill it with ooze, and push it in for oozing action.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Jace Madan posted:

Yeah, if you look at the bottom of the packaging (where the UPC is) it says you can fill the body with ooze. You can also remove the left hand, fill it with ooze, and push it in for oozing action.

I don't know why you would ever fill it with ooze, though, ooze is too opaque.

I got MOTUC Modulok yesterday and he is one of the top 5 action figures I have owned in my life. There isn't a category he doesn't excel in. If you're on the fence at all, snag one before they are long out of production and going for $500 on the secondary market. Because that day is inevitable, given how fast he sold out and how great it would be to have multiples.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

You know what figure I'd like to see get a Legends update? Spider-Carnage. I think it's a cool design. It's the Ben Reilly Spider-Man costume, but terrifying.

And to date we've only ever gotten 2 figures of it, and one of them is a minimate. :(

Like don't get me wrong, I have this figure and I like it, but it's pretty sub-standard by modern articulation standards (even though I still like the sculpt quite a bit) and the paintjob really relies on the whole "translucent plastic" gimmick to the point that it just looks like a black and dark-red figure, where the comic design is a lot more vibrant and eye-catching. I think a new ML version would be pretty sweet.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I got MOTUC Modulok yesterday and he is one of the top 5 action figures I have owned in my life. There isn't a category he doesn't excel in. If you're on the fence at all, snag one before they are long out of production and going for $500 on the secondary market. Because that day is inevitable, given how fast he sold out and how great it would be to have multiples.

Having that extra torso with two works wonders!

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I received three new JLU custom commissions this week and updated my display accordingly:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Hah, that Power Girl is great.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

therealjon_ posted:

Having that extra torso with two works wonders!

I just want a 3rd blue armor leg. :(

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Xenomrph posted:

You know what figure I'd like to see get a Legends update? Spider-Carnage. I think it's a cool design. It's the Ben Reilly Spider-Man costume, but terrifying.

And to date we've only ever gotten 2 figures of it, and one of them is a minimate. :(

Like don't get me wrong, I have this figure and I like it, but it's pretty sub-standard by modern articulation standards (even though I still like the sculpt quite a bit) and the paintjob really relies on the whole "translucent plastic" gimmick to the point that it just looks like a black and dark-red figure, where the comic design is a lot more vibrant and eye-catching. I think a new ML version would be pretty sweet.

poo poo maybe I'll repaint my last Carnage into this

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Xenomrph posted:

Man, I had and lost that figure a long time ago. What's he going for these days?

Edit: poo poo. Ikea in Canton Michigan has Detolfs in stock. I think I might be making a mad dash up there tomorrow.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Feb 23, 2014

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Holy poo poo that new ML ASM 2 Spider-Man is amazing, like, McFarlane good or better. Goddamn.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

The Rage posted:

Holy poo poo that new ML ASM 2 Spider-Man is amazing, like, McFarlane good or better. Goddamn.

I made a huge profit selling my McFarlane Spidey and bought the ASM 2 version. I'm not in love with the awkward shoulder articulation, but I'm thrilled with it otherwise, and consider it a more than worthy replacement. The McFarlane Spidey was too tall and gangly for me, and it had those ugly spherical thigh joints Toy Biz loved using, so I prefer that the ASM 2 Spidey is shorter compared to other characters like Cap.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

Some new Godzilla toy info, some of Bandai's offerings: http://www.godzilla-movies.com/news/1570

I'll be interested to see how that 10" atomic roar figure turns out.

And NECA's '94 Godzilla: http://www.godzilla-movies.com/news/1573

Jace Madan fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Feb 24, 2014

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Ok, I understand why these are so goddamn expensive. BECAUSE THEY loving OWN! Holy poo poo, the articulation on the ones I picked up today are insane. The detail levels are loving all over on such a small scale figure.

Backing up... I picked up the Bandai Tamashii Godzilla Millenium & Mecha-Godzilla.

Godzilla himself is a little stiff but the tail is super-articulated and realistic to the movies, can bend it to match anything from the movie. The head sculpt is amazing and the eyes have a nice gloss to em so it looks fairly real.

Mecha-Godzilla tho... HOLY gently caress! This is the king of 6" figures. His chest opens up, little flaps on the sides of his legs open up. He has 2 different heads, the shoulder mounted rockets can attach along with missiles for his hands too. The tail is also super articulated and bends all over.

These are as close to perfect figures that we'll ever get. Thankfully I got em for 50% off as my comic-book store near work has way too much poo poo so they need to offload this stuff, even BRAND NEW THINGS - so I paid $140 for these 2. I wish I had more money to throw as he had the full size Destroyah for $100 after discount, a baby Godzilla (the 90s version), Fire Rodan, Godzilla Jr (who was TINY), the Destroyah mutations and Moguera. gently caress.

I wish they had the old 70s version but it was nowhere to be seen (the store is a giant loving mess with boxes EVERYWHERE, floors, shelves, etc). It's such a pain to look for things but they have just about anything.

Front of store:

Example of the aisles:

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Feb 24, 2014

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Hey they just want nerds to feel at home as if they walked into their own bedroom, lay off.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
It's how I imagine Rhyno's shop to be. :allears:

Beanpants
Oct 27, 2004

That's pretty much what my studio looks like until my custom shelving is finished.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

messy toy stores are the best toy stores.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Vintersorg posted:

I wish they had the old 70s version but it was nowhere to be seen (the store is a giant loving mess with boxes EVERYWHERE, floors, shelves, etc). It's such a pain to look for things but they have just about anything.

Front of store:

Example of the aisles:

W-where is this wonderful place?!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.

They truly have everything - I think these guys order every comic toy. That isn't even close to half the store. I should ask if I can take a movie because it's literally EVERY LINE OF FIGURES EVER.

https://www.facebook.com/ComicsAmerica

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Vintersorg posted:

They truly have everything - I think these guys order every comic toy. That isn't even close to half the store. I should ask if I can take a movie because it's literally EVERY LINE OF FIGURES EVER.

Oh god, if that isn't a ringing endorsement to move to Canada/Winnipeg I don't know what is.

SH Figuarts! Right there on the shelves!! AGH.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

See if you can contact em - I am willing to bet they would be open to offers and shipping out figures with how much poo poo they have. See if they have what you're looking for. I've seen a ton of the SH Figure arts of various lines (today I noticed a shitton of Kamen Rider ones).

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Wow, I generally couldn't give a flying gently caress about all things Godzilla but that Mecha Godzilla looks wonderful and cool as hell.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Vintersorg posted:

There's something supremely amusing about a place called "Comics America" being located in Canada.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

One other shot of Mecha-Godzilla with all the extra poo poo attached/opened (even a set of red eyes). I love this thing.

edit: fixing

RevKrule posted:

There's something supremely amusing about a place called "Comics America" being located in Canada.

Haha, truly - they've had that name forever - totally unsure why it's called that.

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Feb 24, 2014

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
The only way that Mecha-Godzilla could be more awesome is if they included a bonus Hideki Matsui.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

Man, I need to get that Mecha-Godzilla! He looks amazing.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The_Doctor posted:

It's how I imagine Rhyno's shop to be. :allears:

My shop's actually really clean and organized because I have the OCD.

Detolf's are back! Ikea Canton had 40 of them this morning! Snagged 2 for me, 2 for friends! I'm good for a few more years I think!

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

How much do Detolfs go for?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Xenomrph posted:

How much do Detolfs go for?

$65 and worth every penny. Not every location has gotten them back yet. Where do you live?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Phoenix, AZ. I've heard nothing but good things about them.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Xenomrph posted:

Phoenix, AZ. I've heard nothing but good things about them.

Tempe stores says none on their site. You should sign up for the email reminder so when they show up you can grab some. I'm up to six now.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Rhyno posted:

My shop's actually really clean and organized because I have the OCD.

Detolf's are back! Ikea Canton had 40 of them this morning! Snagged 2 for me, 2 for friends! I'm good for a few more years I think!

Legally, you'd be allowed to sell Detolfs at a markup, right?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Red posted:

Legally, you'd be allowed to sell Detolfs at a markup, right?

I don't see why not. If I had a truck or SUV I'd buy 10 and give it a shot.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Rhyno posted:

I don't see why not. If I had a truck or SUV I'd buy 10 and give it a shot.

You should work something out there - you'd be providing a really great service.

To those who thought the Game of Thrones Funko Mystery Minis looked great, Amazon's already sold out. :smith:

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Just saw a Winter Soldier legends figure at Target, looks like the next wave is getting out there.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

DrChud posted:

Just saw a Winter Soldier legends figure at Target, looks like the next wave is getting out there.

Nice! I need to find him, movie Cap and Black Widow.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

DrChud posted:

It is, and if you or anybody sees Black Widow, by all means pick her up and one of us will take it off your hands. Not only is she short packed but is in high demand.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

She is kind of the piece that keeps the whole Mandroid together.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Not sure how many are in a case but they had one WS and 5 movie caps I think, no Widow though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

therealjon_ posted:

She is kind of the piece that keeps the whole Mandroid together.

On that note, I don't need the BAF piece so if I get her any of you are welcome to the torso.