Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

As if Philip would ever do anything so vulgar as touch the soup tureen himself.

They have servants for that sort of thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Those Times Salmond cartoons are getting more and more unhinged (pun unintended)

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
It is getting a little bare faced racist from everyone cartooning, isn't it?

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Yeah totally, I can understand caricaturing but this is straight-up kilts and haggis and poonds all the time. It's worse when it's like the Independent guy, who draws Osborne completely normally (apart from looking like Alan Titchmarsh) in his suit and then here comes Salmond tossing his cabers hoots mon.

But the Times cartoons... I'm sensing some real vehemence here, is it just me? I'm half expecting to see some Alien-style chest-bursting cartoon involving bagpipes

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
What is the trap supposed to be symbolising? The iron rule of Westminister? Is this a radical pro-independence cartoon? :v: Or is he saying that the independence movement is clearly entirely doomed now that David Bowie made a comment about not wanting it to happen?

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
It probably doesn't mean anything. He just wants to draw cartoons of him suffering.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Dying for Prince Charles's oil profits!

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

:yayclod: Hahahaha! This is amazing!

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Atos and Ukraine – As a deal is made over Ukraine's deadly unrest, Atos bids to pull out of providing fitness-for-work tests due to death threats on staff"

Telegraph:

Nigel Farage 'can hardly wait' to debate EU with Nick Clegg

Independent:

After Titian.

Times:

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Someone please do the needful.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I fear the day when I see Farage pictured without a fag. That would mean the end of freedom in the UK. Somehow.

Betjeman
Jul 14, 2004

Biker, Biker, Biker GROOVE!

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

I like how the camera tilt makes him look like a cheap Batman villain

"The Puffin"

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Nigel here looks like he just walked off the set of The Flintstones

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Nigel here looks like he just walked off the set of The Flintstones

I was thinking more along the lines of Homer Simpson after being hit repeatedly in the face with a shovel.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

baka kaba posted:

I like how the camera tilt makes him look like a cheap Batman villain

"The Puffin"

Bloody Dutch angles, taking the jobs of good British angles.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Strawman posted:

Bloody Dutch angles, taking the jobs of good British angles.

Holy crap hahaha

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Big business preaches to the church - Chris Riddell on church protests at government benefit cuts"

Sunday Telegraph:

Angela Merkel is key partner for EU reform, says William Hague

Cloud Potato fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Feb 23, 2014

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Cloud Potato posted:

Observer:

"Big business preaches to the church - Chris Riddell on church protests at government benefit cuts"

A lot of label restraint in this one - the bishop isn't labeled CHURCH.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Cameron's Scottish independence oil deal - David Cameron is promising a North Sea oil revolution but only if Scotland stays part of the union"

Independent:

Ukraine conflict: CCTV 'shows Yanukovych fleeing'

Times:

Express:

Big News Sign!

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.

I do not know why I'm so amused by doing this.

Rude Dude With Tude fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Feb 24, 2014

BastardySkull
Apr 12, 2007

Take it to the next level by putting information from signs in previous comics into this one, and then putting the text from the current sign into the speech bubble. See what we get!

ClownSyndrome
Sep 2, 2011

Do you think love can bloom on bob-omb Battlefield?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Scarfe of the week

He still can't draw Obama.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

^^^ That's Obama??

I always get Tim Rice mixed up with Tim Curry. Sorry Tim (the non-UKIP donator)

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

baka kaba posted:

^^^ That's Obama??

I always get Tim Rice mixed up with Tim Curry. Sorry Tim (the non-UKIP donator)

This is the best edit of Thomas yet.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Cloud Potato posted:

Express:

Big News Sign!
Even the dog has crazy eyes. I swear he's just loving with us now.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the Scottish independence vote – David Cameron and Alex Salmond have set out their contrasting visions for the fate of Scotland and its oil wealth"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

Piers Morgan's CNN show to end amid mediocre ratings

Mail:

quote:

‘Sorry. Can’t stop – people in need abroad.’

Express:

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Is that the first Mac political caricature? If you can really call it that, I don't remember his drawing Osborne or any other politician before?

Not exactly knocking it out of the park though

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Stupid people are great at winning arguments, because they're too stupid to realize they've lost.
Where's Bill Murray going with all that aid money?

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.
I don't really get the reason behind the disney / salmond connection Brookes keeps pushing? Is it just "disney made a movie with scottish characters in it once" because that's super weak if so.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
It's more like Hurrr Scotland is a Mickey Mouse country that could never manage on its own.

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun
At first I thought it was mocking Salmond sucking up to big private companies, but then I remembered it was The Times.

edit: actually wasn't he a big fan of News International? I'm surprised at them being rude about him now.

Stottie Kyek fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Feb 25, 2014

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Like all of mac's drawing, that caricature is pretty drat able. If anything it's too true to life.

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun
Oh god, I just noticed the black guy on the right with the backwards baseball cap and the thick lips. I was so distracted by Mac's xenophobia I didn't even notice his racism first time around.

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
Without the foreign aid labels, that's not a bad cartoon.

Okay, it's not the point he wanted to make, but still.

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost

This isn't getting enough love.

Private Eye
Jul 12, 2010

Don't be so bloody gay, Cambo
Aid for Somalia, then perhaps Al Qaeda.

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Sweet Art Deco blouse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
"AID FOR SOMALIA THEN PERHAPS AL QAEDA"! is that how it's listed in the log books

Actually that one seems atypical for mac in a number of ways. I don't think he's ever been big on labels, for example.

Meanwhile, Paul Thompson demonstrates his ability to pass over any opportunity for any kind of political statement. (Except for when it comes to the Swarthy Bulgamanian Menace of course.) The Westminster cabinet coming up to Scotland? Is there some kind of political relevance here, some kind of event that could be commented on? Any statement that could be made, in either direction? I guess not, might as well just make a reference to shortbread. I'd almost prefer if it was something racist about how terrible the Scots are, at least then he'd be saying something.

Angepain fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Feb 25, 2014

• Locked thread