Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

Sputnik posted:

WarframeAlerts ‏@WarframeAlerts 2m

Nix (Pluto): Supply Depot Located - 88m - 11800cr - Vauban Helmet (Blueprint)
Collapse

PC :siren:

Dammit, game, I'm at work right now! :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Sputnik posted:

WarframeAlerts ‏@WarframeAlerts 2m

Nix (Pluto): Supply Depot Located - 88m - 11800cr - Vauban Helmet (Blueprint)
Collapse

PC :siren:

God drat it, I need systems, not helmet or chassis. :argh:

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Denzine posted:

three fat guys and a gigantic loving pile of melee mods no one will be able to slot.

I do have to laugh when they are like "Oh no melee 2.0 isn't next week it's really far off... like 2 weeks." The speed of warframe updates is kind of incredible compared to like every other f2p game.

Passburger
May 4, 2013

redstormpopcorn posted:

'sup guys

Presumably this is the rumored Grineer Death Squad, hopefully they drop Brakk parts for extra-special pubbie tears.

(from Warframe Facebook page)

Brakk will become the new rhino for pubs.

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe
:siren: PS4 Vauban Chassis Alert on Naeglar/Eris for the next 50 minutes.

pyromance
Sep 25, 2006

Gestalt Intellect posted:

It won't let you lose your last copy of an ability for a warframe you have.

It shouldn't but something weird can happen because I lost my absorb from my Nyx and I'm not even sure how. I was able to get it back with a ticket, but there's definitely something that can allow it to happen.

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010
As it is, melee weapons already have different stats for the different kinds of attacks you can do (mainly damage and number of targets). I'm looking forward to Melee 2.0 to see what exactly we'll be able to do with melee now - Steve mentioned being able to turn your heavy attack into a 360 degree attack which sounds cool, and the stuff with the Glaive also sounds really interesting.

But I mainly want to see how well I'll be able to stab people with my Fang Prime cos that poo poo is too pretty.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Zakmonster posted:

As it is, melee weapons already have different stats for the different kinds of attacks you can do (mainly damage and number of targets).

And just about all of them are affected by different mods :argh:

YeehawMcKickass
Jan 2, 2003

WE WELCOME THE OPPRESSORS
We were having a bit too much fun in that last ODD...

phourniner
Feb 19, 2007

When you're in a town like this all covered with smoke, you forget that there's a world outside. Nothing amazing happens here. And you get used to that, used to a world where everything is ordinary. Every day we spend here is like a whole lifetime of dying slowly.

I'd love an invite to the clan on PC, thanks! In-game name is fonaan.

Whoa. Wife Turds
Jan 23, 2004

FELLOW GOONS: WHEN THIS POSTER OFFERS TO BRAID YOUR PUBES, SAY NO!!!

phourniner posted:

I'd love an invite to the clan on PC, thanks! In-game name is fonaan.

Can people at least pretend to read even the first few lines of the OP?

Zakmonster posted:

This is true. Still I'm gonna wait and see what they come up with.

None of this really matters unless they can somehow allow you to close distances quickly and have ways to avoid the numerous knockdowns. If you're half-dead by the time you get to the Grineer heavy and then he knocks you on your rear end, you're still better off using a Braton.
Seemed pretty clear that they've considered this. They heavily hinted at movement being affected and providing ways to close distance and defend yourself.

Whoa. Wife Turds fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Feb 25, 2014

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010

Sleepy Owl posted:

And just about all of them are affected by different mods :argh:

None of this really matters unless they can somehow allow you to close distances quickly and have ways to avoid the numerous knockdowns. If you're half-dead by the time you get to the Grineer heavy and then he knocks you on your rear end, you're still better off using a Braton.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Zakmonster posted:

Part of the system is a counter system and a much improved blocking system. I don't think it will help when you're totally surrounded by a billion infested, but then, you should be doing something else in that situation anyway.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

So what are some cool/good melee weapons outside of the Galatine? The fragor looks pretty sweet.

phourniner
Feb 19, 2007

When you're in a town like this all covered with smoke, you forget that there's a world outside. Nothing amazing happens here. And you get used to that, used to a world where everything is ordinary. Every day we spend here is like a whole lifetime of dying slowly.

Whoa. Wife Turds posted:

Can people at least pretend to read even the first few lines of the OP?

My bad, I've been skimming this entire thread since getting back into the game, and noticed people asking in thread for PS4 clan invites. Guess I missed the memo.

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe

YeehawMcKickass posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwkTT-DI1Ew

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I've seen some stuff that would really make you say "like what?"

Bob NewSCART posted:

So what are some cool/good melee weapons outside of the Galatine? The fragor looks pretty sweet.

Fragor was one of the main go-to melee weapons pre-update 10, you could just golf swing enemies into orbit, I don't know how it's aged though. In any case I'd wait the week or two until melee 2.0 hits to decide on things you want to keep/potato. As far as other weapons I like personally though, my favorites are Orthos Prime and Fang Prime, Fang Prime has pretty much the best holstering animation of any weapon in the game, and Orthos Prime was probably the best heavy melee weapon before damage 2.0 hit (yes, I even considered it better than the Galatine.)

AndroidHub fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Feb 25, 2014

pyromance
Sep 25, 2006

ODD with vauban is so ridiculous. You pretty much just get to go as long as you want, and as this video shows, you have a variety of ways to gently caress with them.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Bob NewSCART posted:

* Glaive or Kestrel -- they're throwing melee weapons. Charge attack chucks it for ridiculous damage that's completely silent.

* Jat Kittag -- has a huge arc and decent damage, and it's surprisingly fast. Potato it and you become capable of one-hitting swarms of infected with single taps of melee.

* Dual Zoren -- the midair slash propels you forward, allowing you to cover large distances quickly and complete normally impossible jumps. See: "zorencoptering."

Supposedly, Dual Ichor is supposed to be good with Valkyr's Hysteria, but I haven't personally tried it.

Ignore all single long swords and daggers.

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?
Orthos Prime is really, really great right now, but the blades are a bitch to farm for. Dakra Prime is also pretty great, (and a single longsword!) but takes 15 orokin cells to craft.

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010

Bob NewSCART posted:

I have a Galatine but didn't potato it, only keeping it around because it makes me look like He-Man. I don't particularly like the weapon and I can't articulate why.

My personal favorites for melee weapons are:

- Scindo. First heavy weapon I ever made. Didn't age well, but I still bring it out once in a while for nostalgia's sake.

- Dual Ichor/ Dual Zoren. The former is pretty amazing once you get the crit mods in and the base toxic damage means building towards Corrosive is very easy. The latter is for helicoptering. Dual Cleaver gets an honorable mention for being a middle-of-the-road option.

- Orthos Prime. Good swing and charge speed for a heavy weapon, great swing arc and reach. Doesn't look quite as good as the Orthos.

- Fang Prime. Prettiest weapons in game. Crazy fast and puncture damage means it chews through Grineer. Bind your melee key to mousewheel for maximum effect.

- Glaive/Kestrel for reasons already mentioned.

- Jat Kittag for jet-powered awesomeness. Also highest base damage for a melee weapon.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

redstormpopcorn posted:

'sup guys

Presumably this is the rumored Grineer Death Squad, hopefully they drop Brakk parts for extra-special pubbie tears.

(from Warframe Facebook page)

They should really let us play these guys in some weird invasion style PVP, like in Dark Souls.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

Ajax posted:

Orthos Prime is really, really great right now, but the blades are a bitch to farm for.

This is true. After running well over a hundred Tower 2 & 3 Captures I've yet to see any.

Although the Galatine is a great weapon that does a ton of damage, I'd still prefer the Orthos Prime because it has a faster charge speed.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

randombattle posted:

I do have to laugh when they are like "Oh no melee 2.0 isn't next week it's really far off... like 2 weeks." The speed of warframe updates is kind of incredible compared to like every other f2p game.

Marvel Heroes has the exact same virtue/problem as Warframe, where the developers are so eager to cram in systems revisions and new content that they rarely can spare a moment to go back, take a deep breath, and fix the mountains of broken poo poo that's already in the game.

Grobbit
Jan 20, 2009
PC- Oryx Oberon Helmet Blueprint - Alert
Merrow (Sedna) | Mobile Defense

First time I've seen the Alt Helmet come up in alert, 20 minutes left

Big Floppy
Apr 30, 2006

YeehawMcKickass posted:

MK1 owned in there! I was carrying the team with my 4 kills. Wouldn't of made it out alive without that superior primary weapon.

Grobbit posted:

PC- Oryx Oberon Helmet Blueprint - Alert
Merrow (Sedna) | Mobile Defense

First time I've seen the Alt Helmet come up in alert, 20 minutes left

Why would you ever want to wear anything other than the amazing Jackalope Helm of Doom?

Big Floppy fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Feb 25, 2014

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010

Zakmonster posted:

I just want a button that is only for sliding so that I can set up charge attack -> slide without sometimes going into a walk. It's all I need :(

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master

Sandweed posted:

They should really let us play these guys in some weird invasion style PVP, like in Dark Souls.

If they implemented something like L4D's PVP or RE6's Agent Hunt, I'd be all over it. Especially if these Grineer dudes turn out to be as varied as the Hyena pack.

mrEkli
Feb 9, 2004
I was there.
Are there PS4 party chats for Warframe going on regularly? I never seem to see active ones in the list. Or do I have the wrong goons added?

Golgozor
Jun 20, 2002

Medicine Snakes

mrEkli posted:

Are there PS4 party chats for Warframe going on regularly? I never seem to see active ones in the list. Or do I have the wrong goons added?

Make one and invite the people.

PSN ID(PS4): Steamshovel_Dan WiiU: Steamshovel (not playing it ATM)

Big Floppy
Apr 30, 2006

mrEkli posted:

I thought I added you to PSN friends list. I know I did ingame. But ya we are normally having some sort of voice chat going to do runs when I am on. I sent you some invites today for some of the OdD runs we did. If you see Aoasha inviting that's me.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

mrEkli posted:

I usually play in the evening (though I've been busy lately). You can add me if you want. PSN is Seiferguy

I have a few decent mods that I've been wanting to either sell or give away to goons, too.

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI

seiferguy posted:

I usually play in the evening (though I've been busy lately). You can add me if you want. PSN is Seiferguy

I have a few decent mods that I've been wanting to either sell or give away to goons, too.

Likewise. I'm usually on in the early evening and there's almost always a party - and if there isn't, I form one and spam invites.

I've kinda been playing Dagonronpa on my vita for a couple days so I am slacking off as a ninja.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!

sockpuppetclock posted:

I just want a button that is only for sliding so that I can set up charge attack -> slide without sometimes going into a walk. It's all I need :(

I play with a controller because I'm bad, but oddly if this game was a bit more like ME3 and the 'use' key/button doubled as a slide button while sprinting it'd solve basically every issue I have with playing with a controller (not being able to slide, mostly).

Jun 29, 2009
Just failed the - Gnathos (Eris) - Energy Siphon (Mobile Defence) - alert right after the waves began against the pod. Is this a known bug? as it has happened a fair few times for me on missions with the same layout, seems like there's a chance for it to just randomly fail despite the pod not even taking a hit yet :smith:

mrEkli
Feb 9, 2004
I was there.

Big Floppy posted:

I thought I added you to PSN friends list. I know I did ingame. But ya we are normally having some sort of voice chat going to do runs when I am on. I sent you some invites today for some of the OdD runs we did. If you see Aoasha inviting that's me.

Yeah tried joining but the game got stuck on a loading message.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
Just had the buggiest mission I've ever had in Warframe, and it wasn't even just lag shenanigans, as I was the host.

Stalker spawns on me while playing Trinity; it's just me and this pubbie Frost. We start fighting him, and he casts Absorb. The Frost's still shooting at him, so I run away. Then Stalker Teleports to me the same instant Absorb is done casting, thus one-shotting me. The Frost finishes him off and I pop a revive.

Then I notice the "Spectating icedcoffee394" message is stuck in the middle of my screen. And that while my shields are showing, my health is stuck at 0. I can move and fight no problem, although I can't switch weapons. Then I notice my energy bar isn't updating as I try to cast Blessing. It doesn't work, and neither does Link for that matter. Just to make sure, I run into a field of blue orbs and get no pick ups to register... probably because I'm actually full. Oh, and the minimap doesn't work. No problem, I'll just open the full screen map. Nope, it's still a snapshot of what it looked like back when I died. Someone in clan suggests asking for WPs, since the pubbie is basically leading me out of the mission... except his waypoints appear directly at my feet and follow me around as I move.

Where's that :de: smiley?

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Ran into something similar:

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

It's a good idea to max energy siphon ASAP right? Because I have just found out that aura mods actually give you points instead of using them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Yes. There is absolutely no benefit to slotting a non-maxed aura vs a maxed aura.