Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Spent ten minutes riding to perfect Roadcraft standard because there was a bike with Police written across the front behind me - then when we got to some lights he pulled up and it was one of these fuckers:

(Click if you want the unnecessarily huge version)

Then when he got in front of me I counted 5 test fails (Failure to indicate, two failures to shoulder check, unsafe speed and failure to stop at a stop line) in less than a minute. Normally I just find the plastic cops on their ickle three-wheelers adorable but this twat added two minutes to my ride home and himself rode worse than a loving pizza boy.

Who watches the watchmen? goddamnedtwisto, that's who!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Three wheelers don't need actual bike riding ability AFAIK :colbert:

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

clutchpuck posted:

This is less true than you might imagine. http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2014793478_apwaxgrbikerprofiling1stldwritethru.html

I was pretty surprised it was A-OK to single out motorcyclists before that.

quote:

Motorcycle enthusiasts presented compelling evidence to legislators, including a video of a state trooper crawling through bushes near the Legislative Building in Olympia two years ago and writing down motorcycle license numbers while bikers were holding a rally.

Goddamn that's pretty bad. Anyone ever see this video?

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 381 days!
Nothing new going on here, but I'm trying to sell my bike and I've counted:

-two people asking for my best price
-one trade for a gmc jimmy, another for a chevy s10 with cut springs
-one guy who texted me two minutes before he was supposed to come have a look at it, saying that he had "literally just bought one from the dealer, lol".

holy christ just put a bullet in me already

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

wesley snypes posted:

-one guy who texted me two minutes before he was supposed to come have a look at it, saying that he had "literally just bought one from the dealer, lol".

It might seem bad at the time, but in the end sometimes it's just better if your bike gets stolen. Dealing with insurance can't be worse than dealing with Craigslist buyers.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

wesley snypes posted:

WHY DO PEOPLE DO THIS?? WHYYYYYYYYYY

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 381 days!
It gets even better, though. Just after setting up the time for the meeting, he accidentally texted me instead of his girlfriend, saying that he wanted to check out this other, cheaper bike (with no repair history) in the next town over, and that he would rather buy that one instead of mine. I mean, maybe it was just a hamfisted attempt to get me to reduce my price, but COME ON

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
will u take 400 and a ps2

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I once gave away free two shitpile bikes on craigslist, and it was still that much hassle.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

I once gave away free two shitpile bikes on craigslist, and it was still that much hassle.

Did they ask you you're best price on the free bikes?

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Here is this for ranting: made out with a coworker last night while we were both hosed up. She initiated it. I don't know how to proceed. :suicide:

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

BlackMK4 posted:

Here is this for ranting: made out with a coworker last night while we were both hosed up. She initiated it. I don't know how to proceed. :suicide:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7gfbVpraWw

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back

BlackMK4 posted:

Tell everyone at work that you're dating.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

BlackMK4 posted:

Make her think that she committed to something way more than she should have

"Hey baby, so now that we're engaged we should definitely get those matching genital piercings, right?"

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Oh wait, you wanted help on romance from goons? lmao

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
Tell her you want a raise

Bugdrvr
Mar 7, 2003

BlackMK4 posted:

Awkward, painfully embarrassed looks and/or conversation if you can't avoid the department she works in entirely.

Or just forget about it. Making out is fun. Dating someone at a job you plan to stay at is rarely any sort of good idea.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

BlackMK4 posted:

Let her know that the only thing you love is your bike and end every text message with "lyve fast, die yung, leave a pretty corpse"

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Coredump posted:

Did they ask you you're best price on the free bikes?
Several people were like "I WANT IT I GOTTA HAVE IT WHAT'LL IT TAKE FOR YOU TO HOLD IT FOR ME I'M ONLY 3 HOURS AWAY"
When I specifically said first come first serve, because I'm not getting anything out of it so I don't want to waste my time negotiating agreements.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

BlackMK4 posted:

Quick! Put a baby in her!

Lock that down.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Chichevache posted:

Let her know that the only thing you love is your bike and end every text message with "lyve fast, die yung, leave a pretty corpse"

I'm gonna second this one

Ride your bike to work, wait on it outside with your sunglasses on, when she walks by flick cigarette at hr.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Sagebrush posted:

I'm gonna second this one

Ride your bike to work, wait on it outside with your sunglasses on, when she walks by flick cigarette at hr.

Wear a tight white t shirt and keep the pack of cigs inside the sleeve. When she criticizes your smoking hop onto the bike without a helmet and tell her "I don't plan on living long enough to get cancer, babydoll."

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib

Bugdrvr posted:

Or just forget about it. Making out is fun. Dating someone at a job you plan to stay at is rarely any sort of good idea.

Lots of gold advice here on handle that, but really seriously this. It happened, whatever, unless she is "the one" and you plan to quit, just be cool about it. I'm sure she is fretting way harder than you on what occurred, and will welcome your discretion and level head.

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

This is why you need to constantly be going "blubblublubbublabahBRAPbuBRAPBRAPBRAPbuhBWAAAAAAAAA" while riding your pushbike.

You mean to tell me that not everyone does this? I thought it was standard operating procedure. Might explain the looks I get while out on the trails...

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Quite A Tool posted:

You mean to tell me that not everyone does this? I thought it was standard operating procedure. Might explain the looks I get while out on the trails...

this does sound reasonable... but... jumping your motorbike over her horse... I dunno it's a real toughie.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Quite A Tool posted:

I twist grocery cart handles like it's the throttle as I'm shopping. Pretty sure I've been caught brapping in the frozen food section.

Angryboot
Oct 23, 2005

Grimey Drawer

hot sauce posted:

I twist grocery cart handles like it's the throttle as I'm shopping. Pretty sure I've been caught brapping in the frozen food section.

Oh good, I'm not the only weirdo that does this.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

yospos:

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

when you ride a toilet backwards you've got a porcelain shelf for your drink and your book or you can pretend that you're riding a motorcycle

Jonny 290 posted:

"honey are you okay in there? lot of flushing"

"yeah fine im on the tail of the dragon, gotta shift a lot"

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

hot sauce posted:

This is normal. See also: cart drifting

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

ABCD: Always Be Cart Drifting.

"Powerslide, aisle 3..."

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Oh jesus christ - just recovered and read my post. :suicide: Hahahaha. Oh god.
The company parties... we all get hosed up and it never ends well.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

BlackMK4 posted:

Oh jesus christ - just recovered and read my post. :suicide: Hahahaha. Oh god.
The company parties... we all get hosed up and it never ends well.

Soooooooooooooo... what now?

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
We shall see how it goes on Thursday. My poo poo wasn't the worst that happened that night so it'll be fine.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

BlackMK4 posted:

We shall see how it goes on Thursday. My poo poo wasn't the worst that happened that night so it'll be fine.

Flee to California, its the only valid choice.

Bugdrvr
Mar 7, 2003

Z3n posted:

While continuing to do the same things that made you flee to start with. And then you'd be me.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Bugdrvr posted:

While continuing to do the same things that made you flee to start with. And then you'd be me.
That would probably be me too.

Z3n posted:

Soon :D

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=450725

Some choice quotes:

quote:

If you ONLY apply pressure the inside handlebar but don't change your body position at all, you'll lean the bike over underneath you - and pretty much continue going straight.

quote:

Push on a Handle bar..That's for noobs in MSF...They have to start them somewhere.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I love how everyone who says anything sensible is drowned out by a chorus of inarticulate NUH-UH!!

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

What an amazing coincidence: I just came here to post about the squid I was just driving behind-

Took the off ramp in front of me, immediately leaned way over off the right side of the bike like he was about to get his knee down, and then proceeded to barely get through the cloverleaf with his bike about 10 degrees from vertical, all while he hung his body entirely off the side of the bike with his arms locked ramrod straight.

It was one of the most glorious examples of squid idiocy I've ever seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

HotCanadianChick posted:

What an amazing coincidence: I just came here to post about the squid I was just driving behind-

Took the off ramp in front of me, immediately leaned way over off the right side of the bike like he was about to get his knee down, and then proceeded to barely get through the cloverleaf with his bike about 10 degrees from vertical, all while he hung his body entirely off the side of the bike with his arms locked ramrod straight.

It was one of the most glorious examples of squid idiocy I've ever seen.

squidiocy