Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Midnight City posted:

Seems all new characters on Test are starting out with fully heroic geared characters, a few big backpacks and a raptor mount, so if you're even remotely interested in playing another class do yourself a favor and reserve it. The gear is all T1 HoT abstruse quality which is godly at 80.

I'm able and willing to PL anyone to 80 in an hour, so you'd have the levels, the gear and the AA now, best time to ever come back to the game really.

Sure, this happens after I get two new dudes up to the low 70s. Ah well, my ISBoxer time is up soon, so it's probably time for a break anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

Midnight City posted:

Seems all new characters on Test are starting out with fully heroic geared characters, a few big backpacks and a raptor mount, so if you're even remotely interested in playing another class do yourself a favor and reserve it. The gear is all T1 HoT abstruse quality which is godly at 80.

I'm able and willing to PL anyone to 80 in an hour, so you'd have the levels, the gear and the AA now, best time to ever come back to the game really.

Looks like this is sort of hit or miss... only certain race or class combos get me the heroic gear? Froglok and wood elfs do most of the time but other races like halfing do not.

Mitt Romney fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Feb 24, 2014

Midnight City
Jun 3, 2013

A 10% levy on BAKED GOODS?!

I had to remake a halfling several times to get it to make one with the heroic gear, it's super buggy apparently.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

jetz0r posted:

Did you kill your UI from eqinterface?
Nope?

http://www.eqinterface.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=6417

It is a tad outdated though, like the merc window needs replacing to support inventory and AA. I have a working version myself, and will get around to uploading a new version soon.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch
I think my version that I made those same changes to probably still works, too. Not sure if they've made more merc changes since I quit. Best drat UI ever made hands down.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
I tried it last year or so but it broke horribly. I will try again if you get a working one.

I tried digging around in UI modding, but XML is loving horrible so I gave that up pretty quick.

I'm so excited you guys, we beat Zalikor (Breeding Grounds2!) On to Chapterhouse of the Fallen, wherein our paladin fucks off hiding and gets turned into an animated corpse and kills the raid.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Pfft XML is relatively innocuous you pussy. It seriously takes like 10 minutes to swap out UI elements to ones you like. I changed Zliz's Merc window, buffs, and party window in zero time. You barely have to even mess with the XML, just replace/rename files

Grats on BG2 though :v: Which pally is being a bitch?

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

I just hate not knowing which attributes exist. It's easy enough to move elements around yeah. Making one from scratch is a chore.

Benhan's paladin seiferx hosed us a few times, he always seems to be drunkest during important poo poo.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

But but he's in REALM OF INSANITY. Lets ignore the fact that their raid times were identical to ours and his "ROI Paladin Testcopy" is in trash gear and reeks of someone just making a fresh paladin purposely named Sieferx and he's a pretty shabby paladin, he's in ROI so clearly you guys hosed up and he wasn't actually hiding, he was trying a pro ROI strat that he refuses to speak of while arguing with common sense while knowing I actually DO know someone in the guild.

I'm just stirring poo poo cuz I really do love Ben, but yeah that drunk motherfucker is as bad as he is funny :v:

Midnight City
Jun 3, 2013

Hahaha everybody's wood elf beastlord and frog monks were deleted with anything they had on the characters.

Test server is the best server.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
I'm just going to mention that when I asked if poo poo ever got rolled back on Test, I got talked down to.

Now who's stupid :smug:

It's all of us

All of us are stupid

Edit: Frog monks in robes are going to be so loving boss

Devor fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Feb 25, 2014

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Can you no longer start characters with heroic gear on the test server? I've tried several and no luck so far.

Midnight City
Jun 3, 2013

Just checked and nope can't make them anymore, I don't know if they deleted all of those too but wouldn't be surprised if they did.

Creative Bicycle
Apr 19, 2001

I have a hole!

Midnight City posted:

Just checked and nope can't make them anymore, I don't know if they deleted all of those too but wouldn't be surprised if they did.

I managed to make a paladin and a mage within 30 minutes of them bringing test down and both characters kept their heroic gear.

Midnight City
Jun 3, 2013

Oh poo poo, the patch also took away the ability to resetaa's and be granted them then having the reset ones to spend :argh:

Wayback
Aug 16, 2004

I'm made of metal
My circuits gleam
I am perpetual
I keep the country clean
I've got a 96 berserker still decked out in lucid gear on test, whats the best way to gear myself back up to a decent level? I'm slowly grinding my way towards 100 by decap farming in HoT, turns out that while your ripostes cant trigger a decap, the frenzy that triggers from a riposte can.

Do people on test actually group up much at 96+? I tried moloing some Veil areas where my decap would work, but the damage mobs put out is too much too fast for my T5 cleric to heal quickly.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Midnight City posted:

Oh poo poo, the patch also took away the ability to resetaa's and be granted them then having the reset ones to spend :argh:

How did they disable it? Did they remove /resetaa?

DKWildz
Jan 7, 2002
Sure woulda been nice to get this Burden of Truth BEFORE the headshot/beaming nerfs :)

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Wayback posted:

Do people on test actually group up much at 96+? I tried moloing some Veil areas where my decap would work, but the damage mobs put out is too much too fast for my T5 cleric to heal quickly.

Nope. There is on average 1 pubbie group going at any given time. Everyone else just boxes or groups exclusively with their guild

Midnight City
Jun 3, 2013

Devor posted:

How did they disable it? Did they remove /resetaa?

Resetaa is still usable, but you used to be able to reset them and then zone and get your aa's up to 85 granted to you, then respend them, but now if you reset aa's you don't get the auto granted ones anymore.

Wayback posted:

There's plenty of groups once you're 95+ but to get them you have to use general chat and I can in no way suggest that. General chat on Test is by far the worst of any server. Free accounts on any other server can't use gen chat so there's a flat decrease of the amount of idiots, but Test people can make free accounts/characters to just troll nonstop, not to mention putting up with the one limp dicked 'raiding' guild's drivel.

Midnight City fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Feb 25, 2014

Midnight City
Jun 3, 2013

Edit: double post

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Midnight City posted:

Resetaa is still usable, but you used to be able to reset them and then zone and get your aa's up to 85 granted to you, then respend them, but now if you reset aa's you don't get the auto granted ones anymore.

That seems like maybe a bug introduced to fix some shenanigans on Live. I remember one dude saying when the patch first went live on Test "somehow my triple attack skill is in the 800s". Making /resetaa break autogrant means you can't use /resetaa to test poo poo anymore.

Wayback
Aug 16, 2004

I'm made of metal
My circuits gleam
I am perpetual
I keep the country clean

Midnight City posted:

There's plenty of groups once you're 95+ but to get them you have to use general chat and I can in no way suggest that. General chat on Test is by far the worst of any server. Free accounts on any other server can't use gen chat so there's a flat decrease of the amount of idiots, but Test people can make free accounts/characters to just troll nonstop, not to mention putting up with the one limp dicked 'raiding' guild's drivel.

Guess I'll have to tough it out with staring into the abyss of general, don't feel like paying to go back to FV on a gold account and leveling up 91 to 96 again on live. If I end up making a 2nd account to box with, aside from getting a tank merc, what would be an effective class? Something like a necro, mage, or bst for the pet dps?

Midnight City
Jun 3, 2013

Wayback posted:

Guess I'll have to tough it out with staring into the abyss of general, don't feel like paying to go back to FV on a gold account and leveling up 91 to 96 again on live. If I end up making a 2nd account to box with, aside from getting a tank merc, what would be an effective class? Something like a necro, mage, or bst for the pet dps?

It depends a lot on what you're wanting to do, if you're a zerker who wants to be your own group that can do current stuff you're going to need a slower, unslowed COTF mobs will eat a tank merc up fast, if you used a pet to tank your zerker would be useless, so bard/shaman/enchanter is almost mandatory.

The good news is if you want to just reroll from zerker I'll PL you to at least as high as your zerker is now.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
Is Frostcrypt acceptable for Slay Undead at 85? Seeing some say Feerott works too. I want to try get my paladin a few levels towards 90 before inevitable burnout.

I'd be running a poo poo composition (Paladin + healer merc, Ranger + wizard merc), probably maining the ranger for most dps because I don't have an easy way to get a bard/shaman to 85.

Wayback
Aug 16, 2004

I'm made of metal
My circuits gleam
I am perpetual
I keep the country clean

Midnight City posted:

The good news is if you want to just reroll from zerker I'll PL you to at least as high as your zerker is now.

Thanks for the offer, I'm pretty attached to my angry little guy though. Might take you up on that offer to level a shaman or chanter though, looks like thats the best bet for being able to explore and survive. I'm not looking to do much aside from poke around various zones and just check out the new areas in general; not looking to raid or do missions really.

Creative Bicycle
Apr 19, 2001

I have a hole!

Wayback posted:

I have several characters in the low-mid 90s and am thinking about playing again for a while (on test) if you're interested in grouping some. What guild are you in, if any? My characters are still sitting in <Roost> because it's just easier with a bunch of alts. PM me if you're interested at all, I know I'm a bit lower than you are (my highest character is a 95 enc) but maybe we can gently caress around somewhere non bleeding-edge if you want.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Wayback posted:

Thanks for the offer, I'm pretty attached to my angry little guy though. Might take you up on that offer to level a shaman or chanter though, looks like thats the best bet for being able to explore and survive. I'm not looking to do much aside from poke around various zones and just check out the new areas in general; not looking to raid or do missions really.

Zerker is incapable of tanking later, even when mobs are slowed, so you're going to be stuck with a tank merc regardless. Tank mercs suck dick as well, so you're really probably going to want a Shaman as the second box. That nets you huge buffs, slows, and the area where a chanter can't help - backup heals.

I'd probably accept the offer to PL a different class, but if you're sold on the zerker, pairing him with a Shaman will let you do a whole lot more than any other class IMO.

(Disclaimer: I'm strongly biased against zerkers and remain convinced they're utter failures at anything except raid burns)

Midnight City
Jun 3, 2013

So hilarious EQ drama time, I swarm the entrance of Grounds up to the main circle to PL people because it's on a 6 minute respawn, I usually put the bodies out where people can see them so they know just by looking it's camped, but every single day there's people who try to take it from me and it never works out well for them.

There's a paladin named Delcore who gets so pissed off that I won't give him the entrance that he tries training me. As a paladin. The only thing that's ever happened is him dying repeatedly and causing me no problems, but he goes through the entire gamut of grief every single day, first starts being super angry and sending me tells about how he's going to stop me (by trying to train me as a paladin), then starts trying to negotiate with me for it by telling me he's the father of disabled children and I should give it to him out of respect, then finally accepting it and leaving.

Until today when he starts logging on what is either his or other people's accounts and suicide trains me as a mage and wiz, accomplishing nothing but dying repeatedly, so he finally smartens up and logs on (what he says) is his brother's monk and SK and try to train me with those, still can't so he just starts training the whole zone who are laughing by him at that point.

There's nothing anybody can really do to stop him since he's just chain training with the monk until I get a named into summoning mode and put it in his train, then he just dies and leaves.

So very Test.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

That's hilarious. What a drat weirdo.

Meow Tse-tung
Oct 11, 2004

No one cat should have all that power
Haha, do you have logs?

Midnight City
Jun 3, 2013

I don't think I've ever used EQ logs for anything, is it just /log? If so I'll do it next time he starts loving around. Three days in a row leads me to believe there'll be a fourth.

There's also a lot more people in the Roost guild showing up in Grounds lately. Is it only goons in the guild?

Meow Tse-tung
Oct 11, 2004

No one cat should have all that power
I think it's /log on

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

If you have a problem Yo, I'll solve it

MMO Bouncing has me back in EQ for a bit. In as Rogaine, Lvl 1 2 woodelf druid.

Midnight City
Jun 3, 2013

Paladine_PSoT posted:

MMO Bouncing has me back in EQ for a bit. In as Rogaine, Lvl 1 2 woodelf druid.

Looked for you in game right after you posted and couldn't find you. Tried to mail you a few million PP but you aren't on Test apparently.

Edit: Is War March the only bard song you can use for DS pling? I tried using Psalm of Veeshan but it seemed to count as actual damage for the bard.

Also going to say this since I posted about using Playerauctions: gently caress them. I sold so much on the site that I didn't notice they'd yet to actually send me payment for $160 they owed me. I've been into their chat 6 times over the last 6 days and the Engrish mongrels just repeat the same broken script telling me my issue has been forwarded and to wait 24 hours. The $160 was from a sale over 3 weeks ago. They actually sent a little over $1,800 so I'm not sure why they're trying to rip me off for $160, and I only originally spent $800 (buying duped dreadstones and some kronos from goons, turning into T4 raid gear, selling that gear) so I came out of it making a lot more than I spent but still, pretty hosed up. Doing a google search shows several other people having the same exact problem, they seem to just randomly pick payments to screw people out of.

Midnight City fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Feb 26, 2014

Wayback
Aug 16, 2004

I'm made of metal
My circuits gleam
I am perpetual
I keep the country clean

MrTheDevious posted:

Zerker is incapable of tanking later, even when mobs are slowed, so you're going to be stuck with a tank merc regardless. Tank mercs suck dick as well, so you're really probably going to want a Shaman as the second box. That nets you huge buffs, slows, and the area where a chanter can't help - backup heals.

I'd probably accept the offer to PL a different class, but if you're sold on the zerker, pairing him with a Shaman will let you do a whole lot more than any other class IMO.

Yea, after looking through spell lists, i'm pretty sold on a shaman now.

Are there actually any classes that can molo pretty effectively at 90+, even if it is a bit slow? I figure it'd be either a mage or necro, but I haven't played either of those to very high levels. I'm more content with dicking around and exploring than really doing any serious content, though it looks like high 95+ areas are pretty serious in general.

Bucky_Grid
Jul 21, 2007
After playing EQ religiously from 1999-2003ish it's pretty awesome to see the game is still alive and kicking. The whole free test thing lured me in, and drat if I didn't get bitten by the EQ bug. Boy has it changed! Old zones totally different, mercs, gear with insane amounts of hp/mana.

Midnight City, I've seen you offering to PL people to level 80 in an hour, that's crazy to me, I don't even want to do a /played on my cleric main out of shame. I'd definitely take you up on that PL offer if it's not a bother, who should I contact in game? I'm guessing 80 is high enough to screw around freely in most of the stuff up through Luclin that I might have missed out on?

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Wayback posted:

Are there actually any classes that can molo pretty effectively at 90+, even if it is a bit slow? I figure it'd be either a mage or necro, but I haven't played either of those to very high levels. I'm more content with dicking around and exploring than really doing any serious content, though it looks like high 95+ areas are pretty serious in general.

Magician, necro, beastlord, then monk, paladin and sk a tier below that, all do okay. The trinity is still in effect; you need tanking, healing, and dps to kill things effectively. You want a class that can do two of those things at least passably, and use a merc for the other thing.

Zhentar
Sep 28, 2003

Brilliant Master Genius

Bucky_Grid posted:

I don't even want to do a /played on my cleric main out of shame.

I just logged in for the first time yesterday since 2003. I did a /played... and despite my memory of EQ consuming three years of my teens, my EQ main's played time is only half of my Guild Wars 2 main's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

saintonan posted:

Magician, necro, beastlord, then monk, paladin and sk a tier below that, all do okay. The trinity is still in effect; you need tanking, healing, and dps to kill things effectively. You want a class that can do two of those things at least passably, and use a merc for the other thing.

This except Bsts have huge trouble on nameds because they can't tank them and their pet tanking means they can't effectively DPS. Also I'd put monk below knights unless he outgears the content a substantial amount and paladin above SK on challenging content.

Mage or Necro are the go-to moloers for sure and for good reason. My necro could molo end-zone nameds during RoF in nothing but group gear and I know mages had no trouble either. I doubt any other classes really could. My SK was pretty decently raid geared and couldn't even come close due to running out of buttons to press long before the thing was dead