Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fenix Alheron
Oct 21, 2010

A psychologically tortured Obama has unleashed his greatest fear on that which he loves. A 1984 Cartoon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

How did the "depict Jews and other people I don't like as octopuses" thing start? Was there a particular cartoon that kicked it off, some political event, or have our cephalopod cousins been unfairly maligned all these years?

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

Mecca-Benghazi posted:

How did the "depict Jews and other people I don't like as octopuses" thing start? Was there a particular cartoon that kicked it off, some political event, or have our cephalopod cousins been unfairly maligned all these years?

As a Jew, I would like to apologize to the octopi for the shame of being associated with us, and not the other way around.

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW
Octo-Kirschen would make a good character for this thread.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Mecca-Benghazi posted:

I thought the cartoon was meant to evoke this one, but I guess not.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Nyarai posted:

The backpacks derail was when some goon defended super-heavy backpacks, because how else would we prevent our youth from being such fatty fat fats?

That was Raneman, last year, and my favorite part of all that was his obvious journey from "wait why is everyone disagreeing with me :saddowns:" to "well obviously I was joking the whole time".

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Fulchrum posted:

Things we can have in this thread:

Day by Penis
Kelly
That one Shortpacked about Tinsley
AGC's
Calls to retract Ramirez's Pulitzer's
Things we can handle:

Parody

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.

Mecca-Benghazi posted:

Somebody else might have an earlier example, but I believe it mostly comes from this Nazi cartoon from the 30s:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Mecca-Benghazi posted:

The octopus has a history of use as a visual metaphor, antisemitic or not, of a broad-reaching entity with "its tentacles spreading into everything". This is usually expressed to legitimate criticisms of corporations or empires or ideologies(see the Standard Oil cartoon above) or as part of conspiracy theories, in which The International Jew has usually been the primary animal antagonist.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
hope and change updated twice today!

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

crowfeathers posted:

Actually half funny!

quote:

Actually gently caress off!

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

This is legitimately one of the most spiteful comics (for a certain value of "comic") I've ever seen in one of these threads, and that says a lot.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Darkman Fanpage posted:

DbD. Linked for :nws:

http://www.daybydaycartoon.com/022614.jpg

Them some weird lookin' titties.

Also Ukrainian ≠ Russian. "No" in Ukrainian is "ni" (pronounced nee), not "nyet". :engleft:

God, Muir's response on Facebook

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.

See, Lester plays it safe. He tries to make viewers guess whether or not he's being a legit hateful bastard, or just kind of one.

This guy? He just plops it all on the table. Full-on hateful prick. Go die on a rusty spike.

DoctorPresident
Jul 21, 2012
Salles:

Protests outside your country:

You have our support.

Protests in your country:

Bunch of good for nothing punks! Get a Job!

Calderón:

On the drum: Hip Hip hip hooray!

On the banner: Let's not toot our own horn.

As some of you may know, Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman, leader of the Sinaloa Cartel and Chicago's public enemy number one, was captured in a joint operation between the DEA and Mexican authorities.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

run out of space? just make the legs really short

Neremworld
Dec 3, 2007

by exmarx

crowfeathers posted:

So is Hope N' Change 'I pretended a thing happened' instead of 'A thing happened'?

DoctorPresident
Jul 21, 2012

crowfeathers posted:

I actually agree with this.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

crowfeathers posted:

Which of you guys commissioned this

It's a correct opinion so I assume he didn't come up with it on his own, and we're the only ones giving him money

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

This post is hurting the economy!

DoctorPresident posted:

Salles:

Protests outside your country:

You have our support.

Protests in your country:

Bunch of good for nothing punks! Get a Job!

Haha, I like the message on this one.

crowfeathers posted:

On the other hand this is a mess of hot garbage so stupid and inane on levels which boggle the mind.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

JT Jag posted:

It's a correct opinion so I assume he didn't come up with it on his own, and we're the only ones giving him money

Hahaha he even messed the title up

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

JT Jag posted:

Isaiah doesn't work on commission, he is too fringe for that. Dude's website is an endless wall of crazy theories and hard-right rhetoric.

E: for context, the site he does his comics for (which is somehow not his site, but some other person who pays him for this service) is http://thecommonills.blogspot.com/ and it is a nightmare

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

crowfeathers posted:

Isaiah doesn't work on commission, he is too fringe for that. Dude's website is an endless wall of crazy theories and hard-right rhetoric.
Which of the guys does do the commissions then?

Freemason Rush Week
Apr 22, 2006

crowfeathers posted:

Does anyone have a bead on when the meme went from "the Obamas are vapid 'rock stars' that aren't serious enough for politics" to "the Obamas are repulsive trolls whose deft but shady political maneuvering will doom this nation"? Because this is some Orwellian poo poo right here.

also :fuckoff: you transphobic gently caress

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

JT Jag posted:

Which of the guys does do the commissions then?

That's the SNAFU guy, Bill Trantham. Isaiah is the talented artist behind The World Today Just Nuts.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

crowfeathers posted:

That's the SNAFU guy, Bill Trantham.
Eh. Basically the same thing.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

JT Jag posted:

Eh. Basically the same thing.

I'd agree but I don't think SNAFU would ever unironically submit this as a political cartoon:

E: also, unlike SNAFU, he has been doing this for almost a decade now.

DoctorPresident
Jul 21, 2012

crowfeathers posted:

Maybe the world has always been nuts.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

crowfeathers posted:

I'd agree but I don't think SNAFU would ever unironically submit this as a political cartoon:

How does this even happen unless you're doing it intentionally as part of that glitch art fad?

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Just another reminder to myself that I want to set Stephanie McMillan on fire.

Daily Affirmations For The Revolutionary Proletarian Militant

Star Man fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Feb 26, 2014

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Star Man posted:

Just another reminder that I want to set Stephanie McMillan on fire.
I am sure she would prefer to be put in a wood chipper and recycled. Unless you are trying to spite her in which case burning isn't enough to remove all usefulness from her body. Maybe irradiate her or fire her into space.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
I think it's really impressive- like ideological auto-erotic asphyxiation.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

I find political cartoonists when relatives send me them on Facebook.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Honest question, has a Republican first lady ever been treated with level of contempt that Michelle Obama is and Hillary Clinton was?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Mr. Horrible posted:

Does anyone have a bead on when the meme went from "the Obamas are vapid 'rock stars' that aren't serious enough for politics" to "the Obamas are repulsive trolls whose deft but shady political maneuvering will doom this nation"? Because this is some Orwellian poo poo right here.

12:00:00.0001 PM January 20th, 2009.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Fulchrum posted:

12:00:00.0001 PM January 20th, 2009.

No, it was some time later than that.

Freemason Rush Week
Apr 22, 2006

Lycus posted:

Honest question, has a Republican first lady ever been treated with level of contempt that Michelle Obama is and Hillary Clinton was?

No. Also from what I remember Hillary was much more politically active than Michelle has ever been. Remember the whole "co-president" thing? There's really no reason for the Michelle hate besides racism partisan animosity.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

crowfeathers posted:

Whatever we may say about Isaiah using crayons - probably because that's all they have at the mental hospital - that's a pretty good Clinton. At least, I could tell who it was without reading the speech bubble, which puts him ahead of practically everyone else in the thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

"Yes, everything positive attributed to Obamacare is true. This is bad news."

• Locked thread