Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

But I think those are eyes...
(source)
This game is hosed, I can't take this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

It's really great actually but I wish it were Adelaide up instead :smith:

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
gently caress me, this scoreline is the least representative thing in the universe. This is why I always watch the Adelaide games, they should be called the entertainers

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

MysticalMachineGun posted:

It's really great actually but I wish it were Adelaide up instead :smith:

They're absolutely still in this, I'm tipping at least one more goal from Adelaide if not more. Those strikers are going through our backline like sprog through kleenex

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Hattrick motherfuckers!

EDIT: ^^^^^^ Good call!

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
We need a combination smiley of :smuggo: and :smith:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

C'mon Adelaide keep pushing!

WHAT THE gently caress WAS THAT FREE KICK

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
5 minutes left, gently caress me I can't do this

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
I WILL EAT YOUR BABIES CONTERRAS

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

BALLS

But what a game though, well done Victory.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
What a game, Holy Christ.

I'd normally watch the next game but I don't think I can handle it

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
Alright calmed down enough to recommend the victory-Adelaide game to all neutrals, I believe foxsports put a free replay up on their website. It was an absolute spastic slap fight full of controversy and excitement, and had a pumping atmosphere to boot. Two diamtetrically opposed tacticians, with Adelaide playing a highline and priorizing possession, with Victory attempting to kick the universe to death and hope the good players dragged the team to a win despite themselves. I think it ended up with something like 8 yellows, 30 fouls, and 30-70 percent possession in favour of the reds.

And the goalkeeper howlers! Oh Christ the howlers.

And speaking of howlers, can someone more tech savvy than me make a gif of gallas' air ball last night?

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
I had a fun day, mailing stuff at the post office only for my car starter to crap out and had to wait nearly two hours to get a tow all while listening to my national mens hockey team get killed by Finland in the bronze metal game and spent the rest of the guy to find a new starter for my car. Anyway forget that the Hyundai A-League game of the week on Fox Sports 2 is on right now with Brisbane Roar taking on Melbourne Heart nil nil in the 17min.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Holy poo poo I can't believe I chose not to go to that game last night what the gently caress

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

NinjaSteve posted:

Holy poo poo I can't believe I chose not to go to that game last night what the gently caress

I'm the same. "should I go watch the match? Nah tonight's as good as any to score some browny points and do all those odd jobs I promised too"
I mean, I wouldve been that retarded after the game that I'd be sleeping on the couch/lawn anyway

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Giovanni_Sinclair posted:

I had a fun day, mailing stuff at the post office only for my car starter to crap out and had to wait nearly two hours to get a tow all while listening to my national mens hockey team get killed by Finland in the bronze metal game and spent the rest of the guy to find a new starter for my car. Anyway forget that the Hyundai A-League game of the week on Fox Sports 2 is on right now with Brisbane Roar taking on Melbourne Heart nil nil in the 17min.

That loving sucks mate - I had a similar thing happen the other day when I thought it would be a good idea to turn the the engine off while I made a phone call, completely forgetting that I'd left the air con, headlights, and the radio going. Ten minute convo later, and shits hosed. That battery lasted ten years and over 100k. :patriot:

Who do you follow anyway? Do you pick a side based on what Fox are putting on? I pretty much do that with the exception of always Victory and never ever Perth.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.

Tongues posted:

That loving sucks mate - I had a similar thing happen the other day when I thought it would be a good idea to turn the the engine off while I made a phone call, completely forgetting that I'd left the air con, headlights, and the radio going. Ten minute convo later, and shits hosed. That battery lasted ten years and over 100k. :patriot:

Who do you follow anyway? Do you pick a side based on what Fox are putting on? I pretty much do that with the exception of always Victory and never ever Perth.

Well I have a friend who lives in Melbourne now so whenever one of them is on I would pick one of them. When they play each other I just flip a coin to cheer for other than that am neural for the most part since we only get one game on our fox sport 2 here and the rest of the A-League games and review show is on Fox Soccer Plus which cost an extra 15 USD a month to watch. You also get Scottish soccer and all kinds of Rugby and Aussie rules football but am not willing to pay another $15 a month.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
That's awesome, there's something I really like about non traditional and expansion leagues - I like the top flights but I'm really into watching poo poo off the beaten track, which I imagine the A league counts as for most. I love watching MLS and NASL games online, I've yet to see any American soccer on TV but I'm a filthy prole without subscription tv. I havent really lined up behind a team yet, but I'm really into how enthusiastic the crowds are at games. My only whinge is that whoever puts together the highlights on the website reckons that every single time the ball moves its worthy of the highlight reel and the videos go for bloody ages.

Over here we've recently launched a national second tier, probably analogous to the NASL but closer to USL Pro in technicality - two of my local sides plus my home town are involved and I'm losing my poo poo with excitement.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Probably should make a post about the FFA Cup.

Not much of a fan of the draw to be honest. For example, the round of 32 will have 13 teams from NSW, but only 2 from SA & 3 from WA. Also, having A-League teams playing each other as early as the round of 32 leaves lower league sides guaranteed at least 2 quarter-finals spots which cheapens the tournament, imo.

dsriggs fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Feb 24, 2014

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
I've seen a few people make that statement and I don't understand it - the magic of the cup is that potentially any team could end up playing any other, why should the professional teams be given an automatic finals spot? The point of the FFA cup is to create a bridge between the A league, and the NPL, NYL even further down the pyramid. Most people just have sais that its different to Europe but who cares?

Seriously, I'm so loving keen for this :dance:

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
It would be much cooler if it was just a random draw each round with travel support for nonleague teams

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
That's a fair point, and I'm probably overlooking some of the flaws just because I'm bloody excited about the whole thing. I just hope it leads to some talented players getting discovered. I'm over the hill and hosed but there's an abundance of local talent in Geelong, and I'm sure that's in no way unique

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
HOLY gently caress WANDERERS ONE NIL UP WITHIN A MINUTE IN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE :stare:

E:
And back to 1 all now, the RBB helpfully filled their goalsquare with flare smoke and Ulsan tapped it in

Tongues fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Feb 26, 2014

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

So, who's going to be watching Victory get slaughtered later? I sure as hell will be

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

NinjaSteve posted:

So, who's going to be watching Victory get slaughtered later? I sure as hell will be

Watching in anticipation.. Marcelo Lippi Vs Cuntface

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

I'm excited to see how good Diamanti still is, he was great at West Ham

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Oh god, Makarounas and Geria starting ffs

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Commentators on my stream mispronouncing Melbourne, Ange Postecoglou, Kevin Muscat, Jesse Makarounas and Qatar so far and the game hasn't started yet

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

This pitch looks awful

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
I'm gonna watch it if I can find a good stream, the mariners game I watched without commentary or any graphics on the screen. It felt so lonely as they got pummeled into dust. The stream I found for the wanderers was a bit better but they kept talking about how far the warriors had come in such a short time and I turned it off when it started giving me the shits.

I think Muskys given himself a good out here, if we get flogged it'll be no wonder, if we somehow grind a draw or respectable loss without Finkler or Rogic we'll have the worlds tiniest flicker of optimism

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Tongues posted:

I'm gonna watch it if I can find a good stream, the mariners game I watched without commentary or any graphics on the screen. It felt so lonely as they got pummeled into dust. The stream I found for the wanderers was a bit better but they kept talking about how far the warriors had come in such a short time and I turned it off when it started giving me the shits.

I think Muskys given himself a good out here, if we get flogged it'll be no wonder, if we somehow grind a draw or respectable loss without Finkler or Rogic we'll have the worlds tiniest flicker of optimism

I've got a great Acestream stream going from Wiziwig

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Geria is loving awful and Diamante goes down really easily still

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

NinjaSteve posted:

Commentators on my stream mispronouncing Melbourne, Ange Postecoglou, Kevin Muscat, Jesse Makarounas and Qatar so far and the game hasn't started yet

If its the wiziwig stream, I'm fairly sure its just some bloke commentating the stream to the internet, nowhere near the ground

E:wiziwig rule for streams, can't do names tho

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Tongues posted:

If its the wiziwig stream, I'm fairly sure its just some bloke commentating the stream to the internet, nowhere near the ground

Nah its streamed off Eurosport so it's whoever their commentators are

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

good pass by marra koon rear end

ffs its not even a phoenetic mispronounciation

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

What an effort from Mills there dang

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

NinjaSteve posted:

good pass by marra koon rear end

ffs its not even a phoenetic mispronounciation

I don't think phonics have reached whatever language I'm watching in

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

ffs makarounas and geria are so so poo poo how are they professional footballers

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Tongues posted:

I don't think phonics have reached whatever language I'm watching in

download acestream at halftime and watch the eurosport intl acestream, its brilliant quality

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

AAAAAAAH PUT THAT AWAY

• Locked thread