Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Thauros posted:

If someone subscribes through Apple TV instead of through the wwe's website apple takes a big cut. I'd imagine that's not going to be a high percentage though.

Standard Apple cut is 30 percent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

harperdc posted:

Standard Apple cut is 30 percent.

Yeah, forgot to add that I imagine that won't represent a high percentage of total network subscribers.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Thauros posted:

drat, I thought 1 mil was what they were aiming for this year? No way in hell they'll ever get 3.

2-3 is what they are telling investors they'll be able to get, I don't think the expectation is to do that this year.

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

I ain't his friend! If you were to ask me if I was his friend, I would say "NO" to you!
Well on my phone i got to the headshrinkers entrance at summerslam 94 before buffer hell. PS3 its just Lawler showing up

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Fiveace Attorney posted:

Well on my phone i got to the headshrinkers entrance at summerslam 94 before buffer hell. PS3 its just Lawler showing up

I queued up Wrestlemania 26 and got through to see a Johnny Nitro break dance leg drop at 11 minutes in. That was a new record for me.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

On my Roku and I was able to get halfway through JBL Vs Finlay at WM 24 before I was hit by connection timeout failure. I guess if they keep improving day by day then I will be happy. Hell, the live stream is perfect so even that is worth it for $10.

One thing I noticed though is that on the Roku, they have absolutely no ECW PPVs to watch. Anyone else noticed this?

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

One thing I noticed though is that on the Roku, they have absolutely no ECW PPVs to watch. Anyone else noticed this?

Just you. I can see them all on my Roku LT

Now watching them is a whole different ballgame. :v:

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

Sigma posted:

I queued up Wrestlemania 26 and got through to see a Johnny Nitro break dance leg drop at 11 minutes in. That was a new record for me.

I got 2 hours into Wrestlemania X-Seven???

E: I don't think I ever had the ability to appreciate the Kurt Angle/Benoit match from that event before. That was amazing.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Longest I've gone so far is about 7 minutes at Survivor Series 89.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I let Royal Rumble 90 on mute to see how far it would go before it froze. At 6:40, I was like "ok, maybe its gonna work now" *turns off TV* *unmutes PC* 6:44. Freeze.

I'm never gonna get to watch anything OD.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Y'all need to settle down. I've had virtually no problems, even OD, aside from earlier today with that announcement. It's the second day. It's gotten a fuckload better for me and I have a lot of confidence it will for you guys too.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Thauros posted:

drat, I thought 1 mil was what they were aiming for this year? No way in hell they'll ever get 3.

I think the goal was to get to maybe 1 million by the end of the year in the US market.

The response to the network has been so overwhelmingly positive, I'd be surprised if they don't do it.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Of course as soon as I act all :smug: I start having problems. That'll learn me!

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I bet they'll get their numbers once they head overseas. I always got the feeling overseas is wrestling is more relevant.

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
Haven't had any problems with the live programming, and no problems last night with replaying the Raw post-show.
Otherwise I've got no luck with vod due to buffer hell.

I just spent 2 hours trying to watch NXT from 2 weeks ago.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I've been having problems with VOD all day, but I just got it to work, I'm watching the countdown show on catchphrases.

RockShowLevel27
May 31, 2006
Anyone else find they're really selective about what's on their main screen? It says "all PPVs, but doesn't have more than three ppvs from 2012. Once you go into the select date they're all there, just not prominent.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

RockShowLevel27 posted:

Anyone else find they're really selective about what's on their main screen? It says "all PPVs, but doesn't have more than three ppvs from 2012. Once you go into the select date they're all there, just not prominent.

Probably trying to balance the server load.

sunsweet
Nov 13, 2012

"Lana look," Rusev pointed out to the screen, "Pinkie Pie just scared Twilight Sparkle shitless! I love America and shit they put on TV!"
The VOD is working pretty well for me right now. It was okay mid-morning today and got worse as the day went along, but now that most users are asleep it's great. At last, I can watch No Way Out 2009!

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Ive tried to be positive but the VOD sucks poo poo. On my phone I get "Cannot Display Video", on my tablet I get "determining location", the app totally vanished on my Samsung TV and on my PS4 I get constant buffering. I just want to watch the 4 way last match from Armagedon 2006!

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Of course as soon as I act all :smug: I start having problems. That'll learn me!

The most important take-home reason from the past few pages is pretty clearly as follows: if you've got VOD working fine right now, ffs don't post about it in this thread :v:

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
I've only tried the VOD for a bit, it seems as spotty as everyone else's is. Loaded up a few videos to test for streaming and content.

IYH: Beware of Dog has the first and last match from the original airing. The rest of the card is from the Tuesday PPV. I was hoping they would show more footage from when the lights were out, apart from Vince explaining the situation and showing a five second clip of the strap match when the lights were out that originally aired on Beware of Dog 2.

WCW Greed loaded up perfectly, guess there isn't a huge load on the Late WCW server. Watched as much of a Kwee Wee match as I could before I moved on.

Watched a random late ECW PPV and it really started to degrade and buffer on me. Watching a buffering, censored Joel Gertner made me regret supporting this service for a second. Then I embraced it and appreciated the crowd (heavy skew on Slipknot t-shirts) popping huge for hearing a bleeped 'titty' rhymed with a bleeped 'clitty'. Could not suffer through a stuttering, slow, unwatchable Baldies match that also had buffering issues.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I can get VODs started but I can't "seek" at all, and a random MSG did lock up on me.

Right now I'm more concerned about the 360 app and whenever the Hell that will decide to start working.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

i watched the entire kerry von erich vs. bully busik match on demand before it timed out on me. the discus punch is such a stupid finisher even if the steroided drug yuppy had a world class discus throw or whatever

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

So I gotta say, I love the fact that on the episode of Countdown that they have up Seth Rollins calls out that, during the D-X reunion, everyone was pretty much being told to suck it no matter what.

E: Hey, here's a question. Is there any site, like a wiki maybe, that I can go to and type in Mankind or Undertaker or whoever and it'll give me a chronological list of their PPV appearances/matches? If I could sort search results on here by date that wouldn't be an issue, but I can't so it is.

Vince MechMahon fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Feb 26, 2014

Bearnt!
Feb 6, 2004

No onions, no onions

TheJoker138 posted:

E: Hey, here's a question. Is there any site, like a wiki maybe, that I can go to and type in Mankind or Undertaker or whoever and it'll give me a chronological list of their PPV appearances/matches? If I could sort search results on here by date that wouldn't be an issue, but I can't so it is.

cagematch.de and profightdb.com are both great for this.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
So this is a dumb question but, theoretically, how will they fix the VOD issues? Is the answer literally just something stupid sounding like MORE SERVERS or something?

Also, could it honestly be that the demand is THAT much higher than they expected? If so MLBAM really underestimated, or Dave's estimate is way the gently caress off. I cannot imagine numbers like Dave's causing MLBAM to poo poo itself that badly unless they really hosed up which based on everything I've ever heard about them seems out of character.

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

I could give a shit about all that.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

So this is a dumb question but, theoretically, how will they fix the VOD issues? Is the answer literally just something stupid sounding like MORE SERVERS or something?

Also, could it honestly be that the demand is THAT much higher than they expected? If so MLBAM really underestimated, or Dave's estimate is way the gently caress off. I cannot imagine numbers like Dave's causing MLBAM to poo poo itself that badly unless they really hosed up which based on everything I've ever heard about them seems out of character.

MLBAM has repeatedly had issues on opening day every year, so I don't put it past them, but they generally stabilize everything after a few days. As to what the issue is and how to fix it? I have no idea. I don't think it's simply as simple as MORE SERVERS, but I do think maybe the underestimated just how popular the vault and specifically certain things in it were going to be compared to the original content and more current PPVs. (I'm judging this on the fact I can pull up WM29 fairly easily and without too much buffering, but any ECW stuff immediately chokes and crashes)

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

SamuraiFoochs posted:

The answer is even more stupid than "MORE SERVERS." It's "wait a few days." It's like none of you people have ever seen an MMO launch or anything... The first few days to week are always super hosed. GTA Online was hosed for literally a month when it launched. The reason for this is that it's the new hotness and everyone is trying to access it all at the same time. Then people stop accessing it as much as it becomes just another thing, and it evens out and becomes stable. By this time next week I'd guess that everything on the Network will probably be fine. Plus the first week acts as a stress test for later on, so they know how many extra servers they need to roll out for Wrestlemania. Although at this point the answer to that one seems like "none" as the live stream has been totally fine.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Viper_3000 posted:

MLBAM has repeatedly had issues on opening day every year, so I don't put it past them, but they generally stabilize everything after a few days. As to what the issue is and how to fix it? I have no idea. I don't think it's simply as simple as MORE SERVERS, but I do think maybe the underestimated just how popular the vault and specifically certain things in it were going to be compared to the original content and more current PPVs. (I'm judging this on the fact I can pull up WM29 fairly easily and without too much buffering, but any ECW stuff immediately chokes and crashes)

I was just trying to watch Cena/Bryan from Summerslam and it was tough sledding. Ah well, I'll definitely give them the benefit of the doubt. You know Vince is raising hell. :v:

Hey listen man, I'm not tearing my hair out or anything, I was just honestly curious as to the possible logistics/implications of these issues, particularly on the WWE side re: how successful it's been business-wise. I'm not ragequitting or anything, though some people in the thread have sort of suggested they might which is dumb IMO.

SamuraiFoochs fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Feb 26, 2014

MixxMaster
Sep 15, 2005
I was having constant problems with Chrome on my windows 8.1 machine not playing anything on The Network. I solved it by disabling the PepperFlash, and it works flawlessly now!

chrome://plugins
disable PepperFlash (the first Adobe Flash version on the list).

All other flash stuff still works, so apparently that version causes The Network to choke and get nothing but the spinning wheel thing.

MixxMaster fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Feb 26, 2014

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

Lacey is really good actually
It's kinda weird, on PC I have 0 problems with VOD I've been watching alot of poo poo and not a single instance of buffering unless I skip around but even then its 5-10 seconds and back to what I was watching. If I try watching on PS4 it is now quick to load up whatever I want to watch and on some events I can even skip around with no problems but every event has a freeze point and its a point that it always freezes at. KOTR 94 for example always freezes at 12 seconds when monsoon says "some unexpected guests" Rumble 13 freezes when cena puts someone up for the AA during the rumble match at about 1 hour 54 minutes

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

just going through the schedule it looks like they're adding more msg/wccw/raws on a weekly basis, as shows not available to watch are on the schedule. will be interesting to see if current content is deleted though

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

yea ok posted:

just going through the schedule it looks like they're adding more msg/wccw/raws on a weekly basis, as shows not available to watch are on the schedule. will be interesting to see if current content is deleted though

It sure as gently caress better not be deleted :cop:

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Given they have 2 entire god drat years worth of Smackdown on there I can't see why they'd delete poo poo. Advertising an "ever expanding" on-demand library is a better marketing sell than an "ever changing" one.

dweebgal
Aug 1, 2004
I've been able to stream nearly 2 hours of WM3 today, no freezing at all.

I hope this points to good things.

inconsequential
Feb 6, 2004
Yesterday if I wanted to watch No Way Out 2004 (Eddie vs Brock) I could only hear the whipcrack and jungle cat growl of Sable's entrance music before it shat out. Now I can see her and Torrie coming out before the shatting occurs. At this rate seeing the main event might be a Hanukkah present. I've tried watching old WCW stuff, old ECW stuff, and the same result occurs. Tried watching it on PC and just get an endless buffer. As others have said live stream works perfectly well for me. Also in the US and have paid for anyone interested.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

dweebgal posted:

I've been able to stream nearly 2 hours of WM3 today, no freezing at all.

I hope this points to good things.

TLC 2013 and Main Event episodes work fine for me now, it seems the most popular stuff (Manias, recent shows etc) is working fine for most people. Seems like they're prioritising stuff people are all trying to watch first then those of us who want to watch lesser stuff (really want to watch Uncensored 96) get to eat poo poo basically.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

inconsequential posted:

Yesterday if I wanted to watch No Way Out 2004 (Eddie vs Brock) I could only hear the whipcrack and jungle cat growl of Sable's entrance music before it shat out. Now I can see her and Torrie coming out before the shatting occurs. At this rate seeing the main event might be a Hanukkah present. I've tried watching old WCW stuff, old ECW stuff, and the same result occurs. Tried watching it on PC and just get an endless buffer. As others have said live stream works perfectly well for me. Also in the US and have paid for anyone interested.

I've had major issues with Chrome since day 1. Switched to Firefox and it all seems to be fine. Even IE8 worked (I need IE8 for ripping streming stuff until I find something better than tubedigger).

It could be Chrome, an extension or it could just be a screwed up cookie/setting or something else weird. I haven't done any testing to see if I can fix whatever the hell is wrong wiht my Chrome.

Best bet is to try other browsers and see if the problem goes away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

Lacey is really good actually
Yea it does appear as if things are SLOWLY falling in place as far as VOD goes for PS4, still far too many events with problems but I am wondering if things are getting fixed one event at a time for game consoles