Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

MEAT! posted:

Does it have a similar filesize to the other videos? It might be possible to save it.

It was 800 MB, but when I was looking at the Youtube copy, the video was 40 minutes so it would be about the proper size.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Regarding the Souls series, I can also heartily recommend Squint's LP of Demon's Souls. Three parts in, I stopped, bought the game, played the gently caress out of it, and THEN continued watching. If you don't care about spoiling yourself, give it a watch, it's seriously relaxing, oozes that Souls magic and is really informative.

I've also got a request! Anybody know of good LPs in the vein of Tipping Forties' Shenmue LP? (Ideally Shenmue 2, I know TP didn't LP that...) Basically, I'm looking for funny group LPs with a hilariously bad game. Or, at least, a game that's mercilessly mocked.

Please tell me Shenmue 2 is as ridiculous as the first one

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Torquemadras posted:

Regarding the Souls series, I can also heartily recommend Squint's LP of Demon's Souls. Three parts in, I stopped, bought the game, played the gently caress out of it, and THEN continued watching. If you don't care about spoiling yourself, give it a watch, it's seriously relaxing, oozes that Souls magic and is really informative.

I've also got a request! Anybody know of good LPs in the vein of Tipping Forties' Shenmue LP? (Ideally Shenmue 2, I know TP didn't LP that...) Basically, I'm looking for funny group LPs with a hilariously bad game. Or, at least, a game that's mercilessly mocked.

Please tell me Shenmue 2 is as ridiculous as the first one

If you haven't watched Ride to Hell: Retribution: The 1% yet then you should.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Oh good, Faceguy managed to sent me the video I was missing. With that, I managed to get all videos I lost minus the end of act 1 from Oyster's Zelda 1 LP and a few random abandoned Google Video LPs.

Dazzling Addar
Mar 27, 2010

He may have a funny face, but he's THE BEST KONG
For anybody looking for a funny group LP I will always hold RChimpCola's RE5 Co-op run with Sinatrapod as the gold standard. It strikes a really good balance of being really, really funny without being incoherent or overly inept (The Freelance Astronauts NSMB LP was legit hysterical but they died an awful awful lot if that sort of thing bugs you and like most of their LPs its rather madcap in execution.)

Some other personal favorites of mine in that category: FFX by the Tipping 40s is not only super funny, it's one of the few VLPs of a JRPG that works because for the most part they forsake grinding and dumb sidequests for actually doing things. Its good background noise too by its very nature, because for all I love them, Final Fantasy games go nowhere quickly and are quite amenable to looking away for long periods of time.

Baldurk and Company Play Left 4 Dead is an amazing LP with sterling production values and no expense of effort spared. It is also, like the other threads on this list, really incredibly funny. It's thorough, it's informative, it often ends very poorly for our heroes, and I am to this day impressed by the regularly switching points of view. It's so good. So good! Watch it.

Geop's Dark Souls LP and Slowbeef's runthrough of the Metroid Prime trilogy are both amazing background noise because they're both about funny people playing through complicated video games blind while Vicas acts like something between a spirit guide and a wil o' the wisp. They're also very long, which is great for times when you have something boring and time consuming to do and you want some company that isn't too distracting.

Ambisagrus and a Wooden Palisade have a whole stable of fun, relaxed, and friendly LPs that I would recommend to anyone, especially if you're not a huge fan of commentators being super loud and an animated. They approach their threads with the attitude of "hey, let's invite some friends and play some cool video games together and have a good time." Darksiders in particular is a lot of fun.

There are honestly a lot more I could name but I think this enough for one post.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

Rirse posted:

Oh good, Faceguy managed to sent me the video I was missing. With that, I managed to get all videos I lost minus the end of act 1 from Oyster's Zelda 1 LP and a few random abandoned Google Video LPs.

Do you have clownbirth's peggle LP because that went down ages ago and no one seems to have it or be willing to reupload it

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

Dazzling Addar posted:

For anybody looking for a funny group LP I will always hold RChimpCola's RE5 Co-op run with Sinatrapod as the gold standard. It strikes a really good balance of being really, really funny without being incoherent or overly inept (The Freelance Astronauts NSMB LP was legit hysterical but they died an awful awful lot if that sort of thing bugs you and like most of their LPs its rather madcap in execution.)

Some other personal favorites of mine in that category: FFX by the Tipping 40s is not only super funny, it's one of the few VLPs of a JRPG that works because for the most part they forsake grinding and dumb sidequests for actually doing things. Its good background noise too by its very nature, because for all I love them, Final Fantasy games go nowhere quickly and are quite amenable to looking away for long periods of time.

Baldurk and Company Play Left 4 Dead is an amazing LP with sterling production values and no expense of effort spared. It is also, like the other threads on this list, really incredibly funny. It's thorough, it's informative, it often ends very poorly for our heroes, and I am to this day impressed by the regularly switching points of view. It's so good. So good! Watch it.

Geop's Dark Souls LP and Slowbeef's runthrough of the Metroid Prime trilogy are both amazing background noise because they're both about funny people playing through complicated video games blind while Vicas acts like something between a spirit guide and a wil o' the wisp. They're also very long, which is great for times when you have something boring and time consuming to do and you want some company that isn't too distracting.

Ambisagrus and a Wooden Palisade have a whole stable of fun, relaxed, and friendly LPs that I would recommend to anyone, especially if you're not a huge fan of commentators being super loud and an animated. They approach their threads with the attitude of "hey, let's invite some friends and play some cool video games together and have a good time." Darksiders in particular is a lot of fun.

There are honestly a lot more I could name but I think this enough for one post.

It's me, I'm Geop's spirit animal

And I agree with all these recs, especially rchimp's stuff

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
I'll add Tales of Eternia to the recommended LP list. They don't talk through voiced dialogue, it's very slickly edited (random encounters are skipped and cut out unless they're of special interest), and a lot of extra touches are added to the videos, like a map showing the progress through a maze-like dungeon has been overlayed on the game footage. Very well done.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Mehuyael posted:

If you haven't watched Ride to Hell: Retribution: The 1% yet then you should.

That, and The Golden Compass which may be even better.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

SystemLogoff posted:

Everyone needs to experience the weirdness that is Total Distortion

Make music videos, battle guitar monsters, talk like a robot, do drugs, and make money.

It's super90's in a fmv game.

I just wanna second this recommendation because it seems like not many people are watching this LP. Anyone who's a fan of the kind of game Supergreatfriend tends to do, or just a fan of weirdness in general needs to watch this LP.

It is the ultimate combination of :rock: and :psyduck:

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Paper Lion posted:

Do you have clownbirth's peggle LP because that went down ages ago and no one seems to have it or be willing to reupload it

Nah, I might had it on the old hard-drive, but the videos died with it.

Sneaky Fast
Apr 24, 2013

Dazzling Addar posted:

I'd add one more to this list. I initial checked it out because it was recommended here, but it deserves another shout out. Mzbundifund and Bacter's Amulets & Armor Lp . The LPers are laid back,very funny and informative, showing off all sorts of secrets.

Sneaky Fast fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Feb 26, 2014

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

I really enjoyed this Assault Suits Valken/Cybernator LP. Energetic, funny people, and it's short and sweet.

The game itself has an unbelievable level of detail and polish for a SNES game that came out in 1992, I can't believe I've never heard of it before.

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!

Bellmaker posted:

I really enjoyed this Assault Suits Valken/Cybernator LP. Energetic, funny people, and it's short and sweet.

The game itself has an unbelievable level of detail and polish for a SNES game that came out in 1992, I can't believe I've never heard of it before.

Man, I played Cybernator myself about 4 months ago for the first time.

Just seeing the first three minutes of this LP, I'm already impressed goddamn. This dude knows his stuff.

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.

Rirse posted:

Do you have any of Roosevelt's Harry Potter LP? Now that both Blip and Viddler are shitlords I don't think that LP is viewable anywhere.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

Yeah Harry Potter is completely dead now because roosevelt doesn't have the source videos anymore either, so getting that reuploaded somewhere would be amazing.

Also come on rirse you had one drat job now clownbirth is forever lost to the sands of time :smith:

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Let's be fair, that 3 hours "peggle" video of him folding laundry is probably much better in our memories anyway

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

The stream of him folding his g string and the 135 minute "get trolled by proteus and cybershell extravaganza" are very different videos I'll have you know :colbert:

also realtalk peggle episode 7 is one of the funniest things to come out of this subforum as long as you're the type to like 2007 style stuff, from awful video quality to the language getting thrown around.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Mico posted:

Do you have any of Roosevelt's Harry Potter LP? Now that both Blip and Viddler are shitlords I don't think that LP is viewable anywhere.

Yes I do have those videos and I sent Roosevelt a copy of them too. He plans on reuploading them when he posts his next Bioshock update.

Paper Lion posted:

Yeah Harry Potter is completely dead now because roosevelt doesn't have the source videos anymore either, so getting that reuploaded somewhere would be amazing.

Also come on rirse you had one drat job now clownbirth is forever lost to the sands of time :smith:

I wished the hard-drive death wasn't so sudden, as I would at least scavenged what I needed, but it drop dead one day and nothing would work to fix it. And it pretty much a paper weight now since one of the pins inside of it got broken off removing it from the terrible enclosure it came in.

[edit]

On a related note, I just discovered I am missing one of Rock Tumbler's videos from Grand Theft Auto 4. It was video 34, which I previously had reupload on blip before, but no copies of it exist anymore there since blip is a huge piece of poo poo and deleted his and mine account.

Rirse fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Feb 27, 2014

SWMadness
Jul 16, 2011

Excellent.

Sneaky Fast posted:

I'd add one more to this list. I initial checked it out because it was recommended here, but it deserves another shout out. Mzbundifund and Bacter's Amulets & Armor Lp . The LPers are laid back,very funny and informative, showing off all sorts of secrets.

Seconding this, the way they play through the game semi blind (Bacter is brand-new to everything and Mzbundifund already knows the levels and the game's system) is really entertaining and has a good balance of showing off all the weird little idiosyncrasies and quirks of the game (and there are a LOT) and reacting to them in a humorous way. It's honestly been one of my favorite LPs of the past few year.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.
Bacter and Mzbundifund are seriously good at pumping out high quality LPs, both as a duo and on their own.

Bacter brings great research and educational segments to his solo LPs that are easily on par with Geop's history segments from AC and RI's fact files from the dog fighting game I can't recall the name of. Here's his LP of Guacamelee to get you rolling. Looking forward to more updates.

As a team they're taking on Balder's Gate and even though I've only seen the first two eps I'm pretty confident it'll match their run through of Amulets and Armour.

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

I'll add Tales of Eternia to the recommended LP list. They don't talk through voiced dialogue, it's very slickly edited (random encounters are skipped and cut out unless they're of special interest), and a lot of extra touches are added to the videos, like a map showing the progress through a maze-like dungeon has been overlayed on the game footage. Very well done.

I second this reccomendations, and want to add Sydin's LP of Tales of the Abyss. The Abyss LP is quite spectacular and made me go to the LP archives and watch everything LP'd from the Tales series. In general, I am not a huge fan of JRPG's, but those two are so well made and interesting that I enjoyed every minute of both of them.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Thesaya posted:

I second this reccomendations, and want to add Sydin's LP of Tales of the Abyss. The Abyss LP is quite spectacular and made me go to the LP archives and watch everything LP'd from the Tales series. In general, I am not a huge fan of JRPG's, but those two are so well made and interesting that I enjoyed every minute of both of them.

To follow up on that, Sydin's Tales of the Abyss LP goes above and beyond in showing you every facet of the fantastic world that Namco crafted, showing every sidequest, skit and even pointing out a few neat tricks they pulled to really give the world character! This LP is what pushed Tales of the Abyss back up to my favorite in the franchise; go read it right now!

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Popo posted:

Bacter and Mzbundifund are seriously good at pumping out high quality LPs, both as a duo and on their own.

Bacter brings great research and educational segments to his solo LPs that are easily on par with Geop's history segments from AC and RI's fact files from the dog fighting game I can't recall the name of. Here's his LP of Guacamelee to get you rolling. Looking forward to more updates.

As a team they're taking on Balder's Gate and even though I've only seen the first two eps I'm pretty confident it'll match their run through of Amulets and Armour.

When you say RI, do you mean Research Indicates? His Trespasser LP is seriously one of the best I've ever seen. If he did another LP I'd watch in a heart beat.

Dyslexiactic
Mar 1, 2011

I'm angry and I want to express it somehow.
:sun:

Tommofork posted:

When you say RI, do you mean Research Indicates?

Whenever anyone says RI, she/he means Research Indicates. And RI started a Crimson Skies LP (requires archives) that was never finished :saddowns:, which is where the fact files are from.

Sneaky Fast
Apr 24, 2013

RI's Crimson Skies LP is uploaded onto the YouTube as well.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Dyslexiactic posted:

Whenever anyone says RI, she/he means Research Indicates. And RI started a Crimson Skies LP (requires archives) that was never finished :saddowns:, which is where the fact files are from.

I didn't want to get my hopes up in case it required archives, but if it's on YouTube, fantastic.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
The Crimson Skies is also on Baldurk's hosting.

http://bd.baldurk.org/lp/65

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(
Is there anyone out there kind of like RI? Like, similar tone, quality and detail? I'm looking for something that tickles the same bone as his JP LP.

-Anders
Feb 1, 2007

Denmark. Wait, what?
Does anyone know of a good Skyrim Video LP? Something informative, and not just some guys shooting the poo poo and whatever.

gatz
Oct 19, 2012

Love 'em and leave 'em
Groom 'em and feed 'em
Cid Shinjuku

Harvey Mantaco posted:

Is there anyone out there kind of like RI? Like, similar tone, quality and detail? I'm looking for something that tickles the same bone as his JP LP.

supergreatfriend is similar in the sense that he is a very charismatic speaker and he adds exposition with his voice commentary . I'm not sure if that's what you're looking for, but it's hard to point to similarities to someone who is so unique.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Geop's LP of Assassin's Creed 1 is also very good in that respect, too. Lots of cool educational sidebars and the like.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I enjoyed ThornBrain's LPs a lot and have watched all of his Zelda stuff, my only issue now is that there is nothing left for me to watch. Is there anyone with a group style that's similar? I am not really sure what exactly about his LPs hit all the right notes for me, but his stuff does and I'd like more of that.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Did that necromancer-based Diablo II LP end, or fall off the face of the forums?

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Kaz's skelerun? That'd be here!

EAT IT
vvv

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Why does Khajiit have to go to prison this time?
Here you go, buddy! :toot:

e: Dammit Geop! :argh:

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Beaten by a marrow margin.

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.
Kaz's Diablo 2 LP is great and needs more love. Go watch it. I played Diablo 2 a ton during my first few years of high school and even I was learning poo poo.

Then again alot of poo poo changed in 1.10 and I hadn't played after 1.10 dropped.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

-Anders posted:

Does anyone know of a good Skyrim Video LP? Something informative, and not just some guys shooting the poo poo and whatever.

This one is a bit of both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
did someone do an LP of Payday 2? Is that possible?

• Locked thread