Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
Man I really wasn't getting the hang of the Fencer earlier but I think I got it now. I love dual wielding those big gently caress off artillery cannons and taking down hard targets in five seconds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Oh my god. They pulled a Macross.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Ethiser posted:

Oh my god. They pulled a Macross.

I'm going to take this as Pop Star Wing Diver confirmed, and that the Giant Insects shrink themselves to the size of Humans so they can live among us as spies without anyone knowing :downs:

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

So you can put ZE Guns on helicopter rotors, and they stay on the rotor even while spinning.

God bless you EDF for letting me make a flying spinning doom fortress :allears:

DeliciousCookie
Mar 4, 2011

Enter Char posted:

So you can put ZE Guns on helicopter rotors, and they stay on the rotor even while spinning.

God bless you EDF for letting me make a flying spinning doom fortress :allears:

You can also put posts on them as well. It works on any vehicle really, so you can have a mobile death fortress with your vehicle of choice buffing people wherever it goes.

The only exception seems to be the shield things, which seem to fall off after a while.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
Putting ZE GUNs on the rear two corners of the railgun tank, and then having two teammates man the front two machine guns for a 360 bullet hose party is a good time.

I never had any problems with the game freezing and then ran into it three times tonight, that gets annoying pretty quick. Once after completing a mission, once while loading a mission and once while a mission was loaded as I heard the mission going but all I had was a black screen.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Finally got this today and it is actually the best thing I have ever experienced in my life.

They started singing some incredibly derpy song to the tune of Battle Hymn of the Republic. :v:

Yalborap
Oct 13, 2012
So I'm on Mission 43. It's...It's not going well, guys.

These drat three-legged things are loving murdering my framerate and my face. I'm rocking Air Raider, but I just don't have the durability or the gear to deal with these guys. My vehicles are getting smashed, and then I'm getting smashed, and I haven't even managed to kill one.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Mister Adequate posted:

They started singing some incredibly derpy song to the tune of Battle Hymn of the Republic. :v:

The EDF deplo~ys!

This one seems a lot harder to break with high level gear like you could 2017.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

This was easily one of the best shooter games I've ever played. Man, I liked Insect Armageddon (I know it isn't well loved here, but it was my first EDF game) but this was just so good. My humble Ranger has shotgunned, rifled, and rolled his way through hell, and now it's time to try out the others!

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Sorry for the EDF 2017 Portable question, but is there a reason the game just loving breaks online at Mission 56? Nothing since then is working for my friend and I. No in-mission speech and the scripted events don't run. Even clearing the game and going back to Mission 1/2 isn't working.

Edit: Got it, we both had to reboot after clearing 56 I guess. A pain, but oh well.

kirbysuperstar fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Feb 26, 2014

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Yalborap posted:

So I'm on Mission 43. It's...It's not going well, guys.

These drat three-legged things are loving murdering my framerate and my face. I'm rocking Air Raider, but I just don't have the durability or the gear to deal with these guys. My vehicles are getting smashed, and then I'm getting smashed, and I haven't even managed to kill one.

The answer to all the woes involving this problem is Epsilon armored railguns. They rip those things apart in three shots.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I've been messing around with air raider in single player and I found the decoys incredibly useful. I've been using them in the dlc missions while railgunning unsuspecting bugs and robots.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Why yes, we're gonna have you fight a giant bulletsponge enemy who will blow you the gently caress up from a mile away and is chilling outside the bounds of the level so you can't do the usual Wing Diver :black101: strategy of killing its dick with the laser chainsaw. Nope, you're going to plink away with a crappy sniper rifle, and hope one of the flying drones that spawn after you do enough damage drops some health. What fun! :downsgun:

I did finish the mission (mission 67), but that was probably the least fun I've had with this game so far.

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Feb 26, 2014

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
Switched from Wing Diver to Ranger and having twice as much fun. Wing Diver is tempting, because who doesn't like flying? Who doesn't like laser weapons? But this game just isn't the same if you're not dashing and rolling into crowds of ants with a shotgun.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Do you ever get shotguns with less than a 4 second reload time?

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

OH NO MAN posted:

Why yes, we're gonna have you fight a giant bulletsponge enemy who will blow you the gently caress up from a mile away and is chilling outside the bounds of the level so you can't do the usual Wing Diver :black101: strategy of killing its dick with the laser chainsaw. Nope, you're going to plink away with a crappy sniper rifle, and hope one of the flying drones that spawn after you do enough damage drops some health. What fun! :downsgun:

I did finish the mission (mission 67), but that was probably the least fun I've had with this game so far.

The game seems hell bent on including periodic "how on earth is this fun at all" missions like this and the infamous red drone intro mission just to break up all the amazing missions like Operation Brute Force.

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
Anyone tried the Mutant Rampage DLC pack yet? I think its meant to come out in Europe today.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Kanos posted:

The game seems hell bent on including periodic "how on earth is this fun at all" missions like this and the infamous red drone intro mission just to break up all the amazing missions like Operation Brute Force.

God I just finished that mission last night on hard. What a great time, made even better than I ran around using the AR18 and the Firecracker 3. Man I love the Firecrackers weapons! Run around throwing marbles that destory swarms of ants and with the right throw can take down a Hector in 3 seconds. I completed a level with Spiders/Retiarius on hard just with the firecracker and throwing it at webs/spiders non-stop even after getting caught in a couple of Retiarius web lines.

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
Sniping a Retiarius off a skyscraper a mile away with the fencer's twin gallic heavy cannons is my favourite thing on this game. Im really looking forward to seeing what the other classes have to offer.

Dantes
Sep 3, 2003
It can never be too cold.

Brasseye posted:

Sniping a Retiarius off a skyscraper a mile away with the fencer's twin gallic heavy cannons is my favourite thing on this game.
On the other hand, the inverse proposition (getting sniped by a retiarius through 3 or 4 buildings and a hill) is slightly less fun.

FuSchnick
Jun 6, 2001

Scruffy's gonna die the way he lived...

Brasseye posted:

Sniping a Retiarius off a skyscraper a mile away with the fencer's twin gallic heavy cannons is my favourite thing on this game. Im really looking forward to seeing what the other classes have to offer.
Doing the same thing with the fencer's heavy mortars and seeing Retiarius do cartwheels through the air and land about 3 miles away is even better.

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

Dantes posted:

On the other hand, the inverse proposition (getting sniped by a retiarius through 3 or 4 buildings and a hill) is slightly less fun.

Clearly you need to start adopting the scorched earth policy on Retiarius levels. Can't snipe from behind that building if there are no buildings left. :black101:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Retro42 posted:

Clearly you need to start adopting the scorched earth policy on Retiarius levels. Can't snipe from that behind that building if there are no buildings left. :black101:

You can't blow up hills, though.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Retro42 posted:

Clearly you need to start adopting the scorched earth policy on Retiarius levels. Can't snipe from behind that building if there are no buildings left. :black101:

My wife uses a Volcano spread launcher to level buildings in pie shaped slices. That's literally the first thing she does on any given level. It lets me snipe with my artillery sniper of doom almost with impunity.

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009

Dantes posted:

It really is annoying. The worst thing is when one grabs you when youre a decent way into a level and then hides behind a bunch of buildings and you cant get a shot off.

FuSchnick posted:

Doing the same thing with the fencer's heavy mortars and seeing Retiarius do cartwheels through the air and land about 3 miles away is even better.

I havent really blown many of them to pieces yet, must try this.

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

On a related note, I like the preferred method of travel for each class. City block in the way? Air raider will drive around, Wing diver will fly over, Fencer will dash thru the middle, and Ranger's will just level the fucker and walk over the rubble.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Jesus tapdancing christ, the final mission :staredog::pcgaming::black101:

That was the most amazing thing. I nearly got killed right at the end when I managed to run out of laser chainsaw energy just as a dragon decided to chomp on me, Escaped with 130 health, and proceeded to do a desperate run through the area for more health while lasers and explosions were going off all around me. Fortunately I managed to find a few health pickups, because if I had died at that point in the mission and had to start all over again I'd probably have said "gently caress this poo poo" and put the game down for a while.

Also, this game has the best credits music.

Silvergun1000
Sep 17, 2007

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Man, I really hope this winds up coming to PC because the first thing I'm going to do is mod Wonderful 101's soundtrack into it. This is the game that soundtrack deserved.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Silvergun1000 posted:

Man, I really hope this winds up coming to PC because the first thing I'm going to do is mod Wonderful 101's soundtrack into it. This is the game that soundtrack deserved.
None of Sandlot's other games ever did. With Japanese devs, sometimes I wonder if they even know what a PC is.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

OH NO MAN posted:

Jesus tapdancing christ, the final mission :staredog::pcgaming::black101:

That was the most amazing thing. I nearly got killed right at the end when I managed to run out of laser chainsaw energy just as a dragon decided to chomp on me, Escaped with 130 health, and proceeded to do a desperate run through the area for more health while lasers and explosions were going off all around me. Fortunately I managed to find a few health pickups, because if I had died at that point in the mission and had to start all over again I'd probably have said "gently caress this poo poo" and put the game down for a while.

Also, this game has the best credits music.

That final mission seems like it's designed to get incredibly intense your first time through no matter what. I did it as Fencer, and basically realized early on that there was NO WAY I could actually kill everything in the map, I had to basically burst down the boss. This led to an incredibly tense situation where I started to goof off and then the final part of the mission happened and just melted through my HP and I was forced to madly dash around for health in order to do one last heroic burst on the Brain.

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Retro42 posted:

On a related note, I like the preferred method of travel for each class. City block in the way? Air raider will drive around, Wing diver will fly over, Fencer will dash thru the middle, and Ranger's will just level the fucker and walk over the rubble.

I think you're playing air raider wrong here. You either destroy everything in your tank's path, or fly over it in a helicopter, still destroying everything just on principle.

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

Enter Char posted:

I think you're playing air raider wrong here. You either destroy everything in your tank's path, or fly over it in a helicopter, still destroying everything just on principle.

Quite possible, its my least played class right now. Mainly focusing on Ranger and Fencer at the moment.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

Brasseye posted:

Anyone tried the Mutant Rampage DLC pack yet? I think its meant to come out in Europe today.

I've gone up to mission 8 and so far and it's pretty decent. There's a level that makes the one with the swarms of enemies in one little cave surrounding you a cakewalk. It's more EDF so what more can you ask for?

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

Brasseye posted:

Also do any of the DLCs have new enemies or guns?

FuSchnick
Jun 6, 2001

Scruffy's gonna die the way he lived...

Retro42 posted:

It seems that you cannot destroy any building that has a web attached to it. You have to at least destroy the web first.

Mingus Dew
Dec 30, 2013

Finally, a good reason to punch a teenager in the face!
So, a quick question about the DLC:

I noticed the Season Pass said that the Mutant DLC had 20 missions, but the description for the actual pack in the store says it only has 10 (I think?).

Which one is right? Am I getting 45 bonus missions, or less than that?

FartRomancer.EXE
Jun 26, 2012

Mingus Dew posted:

So, a quick question about the DLC:

I noticed the Season Pass said that the Mutant DLC had 20 missions, but the description for the actual pack in the store says it only has 10 (I think?).

Which one is right? Am I getting 45 bonus missions, or less than that?

Its 20, i'm on mission 16 right now.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Samurai Sanders posted:

None of Sandlot's other games ever did. With Japanese devs, sometimes I wonder if they even know what a PC is.

Some people at D3 have teased the idea to get people yelling about it on Twitter and Facebook.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mingus Dew
Dec 30, 2013

Finally, a good reason to punch a teenager in the face!

FartRomancer.EXE posted:

Its 20, i'm on mission 16 right now.

Awesome, thanks. Time to go drop $20! :v: