Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007

Dexo posted:

Woah, lets not say things we can't take back.

Nah, it's true. Heroes was pretty much Lost + Smallville. They had raided the Smallville producers and directors team too. The whole show
was lit/shot/graded like Smallville but with a better budget.
The Smallville season finale during Heroes's 1st season had the smallest budgeted Clark/Bizarro fight and it was strangely, honestly
better than the culmination of Heroes season 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

ToastyPotato posted:

The old Heroes threads probably wouldn't survive today. Smallville I don't know. I can only base this on how much a few people whine very loudly about other people criticizing Agents of SHIELD in its thread. It's kind of a bummer.

Nah, threads that turned into nothing but threadshitters and circlejerking got gassed back then too.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Michelle Harrison has been casted as Nora Allen on the Flash

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures
Gotham sounds astonishingly awful, if io9 didn't get a fake script.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Well, yeah

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Hey Ma, who's that band I like? Oh yeah, Hall & Oates.
Fake or real, they've already dropped the ball on this one. GCPD should have been a ready for television pitch. Dialing the clock back on the characters twenty years doesn't do anything except confuse your audience while you try and reboot these characters on the big screen (not to mention develop another TV continuity on Arrow). Then, they go a step further and make it a show about Gordon and young Master Bruce's relationship...

I don't understand DC or the WB's long game, here. But then again, I'm that guy that doesn't like Arrow, so whatever.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Tuxedo Jack posted:

Fake or real, they've already dropped the ball on this one. GCPD should have been a ready for television pitch. Dialing the clock back on the characters twenty years doesn't do anything except confuse your audience while you try and reboot these characters on the big screen (not to mention develop another TV continuity on Arrow). Then, they go a step further and make it a show about Gordon and young Master Bruce's relationship...

I don't understand DC or the WB's long game, here. But then again, I'm that guy that doesn't like Arrow, so whatever.

There is no "real" long game at WB. They are more than happy to concede just about everything to Disney/Marvel at this point in terms of quality and branding so long as they can promise short term profits on their own franchises. When the time comes they will pull the plug on DC for the most part without much hesitation. Basically I am saying they probably figure superheroes is a bubble that will eventually pop, so they don't give any kind of a poo poo as to investing any real energy into developing the properties they own. Let Disney spend tons of money making three dozen movies and TV shows and cartoons, we'll release some Batman and Superman stuff occasionally, rake in the quick cash, and then fire everyone at DC when the bubble eventually bursts.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
According to The Wrap, Disney and the State of New York have struck a deal which will turn the city - arguably the centrepiece of the Marvel Universe - into the home of Netflix's planned series' based on Daredevil, Iron Fist, Jessica Jones and Luke Cage. An announcement from Disney CEO Bob Iger and Governor Andrew Cuomo will apparently be made in Times Square today, and the state has apparently carved out tax incentives valued at around $4 million to accommodate the needs of the massive multi-character series. Interestingly, the site also adds that the ambitious Netflix project will consist of around 60 one hour episodes in total.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=95173

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I think it's meant to be 4 of them at 13 each, so they probably just rounded.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
The remaining eight could be the defenders miniseries.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
I don't know how big $4 mil is in something like this, but it seems a bit silly. What were they going to do, move DD to Hell's Kitchen, Toronto?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

StumblyWumbly posted:

I don't know how big $4 mil is in something like this, but it seems a bit silly. What were they going to do, move DD to Hell's Kitchen, Toronto?

There's a good chance most on screen depictions of Hell's Kitchen were not filmed there.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

StumblyWumbly posted:

Harlem in The Incredible Hulk was Toronto

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Dacap posted:

Harlem in The Incredible Hulk was Toronto
Pittsburgh is also getting popular to film big movies here because of its relatively cheapiness.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Hell's Kitchen is totally gentrified now anyway. What's daredevil gonna stop, a some trust fund kid pocketing an extra handful of berries at the whole foods?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Edit:^^ He would have been growing up during a bad patch in HK history. But yeah, there isn't anything for him to do there anymore. Unless he wants to beat up the homeless that hang around Port Authority Bus Terminal.

CSI: NY was also largely not filmed in NYC, at least not at first, I never watched it long enough to see if they moved. How I Met Your Mother, which is all about NYC and how great it is, is filmed in LA.

The tax incentives thing kind of sucks. Disney can easily afford to just pay the bills. These incentives just end up losing money for the state.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I live in Vancouver. Want to take a guess on how many American shows are filmed here.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

greatn posted:

Hell's Kitchen is totally gentrified now anyway. What's daredevil gonna stop, a some trust fund kid pocketing an extra handful of berries at the whole foods?

Matt Murdock: Sworn enemy of drunken brunchgoers everywhere.
Seriously, it'll be pretty amusing if they end up dressing up actual HK streets to look like Frank Miller envisioned them in the 80s... for a show that's set in the present day.

Oh well, I live in NYC, so more chances to spy on the productions.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

I find it hilarious that this is actually news after all they've done so far to not film in New York.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

iZombie is going to be a tv show, except that it isn't: http://comicsalliance.com/the-cw-izombie-alexandra-krosney-david-anders-malcolm-goodwin-rob-thomas-diane-ruggiero/

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

It might be a good show by any other name but it seems to miss the point by a wide margin.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Madkal posted:

It might be a good show by any other name but it seems to miss the point by a wide margin.

I remember reading it, and all I can remember is the Allred art. The series did have some good ideas, but they were not able to expand on them as it ended before it could flesh them out. The last trade reads like I was missing a couple of storylines as it had characters in places that did not follow from the last volume. For all you know some of the characters could still be there, but those characteristics will be revealed later.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

bobkatt013 posted:

I remember reading it, and all I can remember is the Allred art. The series did have some good ideas, but they were not able to expand on them as it ended before it could flesh them out. The last trade reads like I was missing a couple of storylines as it had characters in places that did not follow from the last volume. For all you know some of the characters could still be there, but those characteristics will be revealed later.

I wasn't a fan of the story at all outside of Allred's art. However they are suggesting a supernatural procedure instead of hipster zombies.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Madkal posted:

However they are suggesting a supernatural procedure instead of hipster zombies.

Then maybe it'll graduate from insufferable to boring.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

StumblyWumbly posted:

Detroit should have offered to let them fence off a few derelict blocks of buildings and turn them into a giant film set.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Detroit should have offered to let them fence off a few derelict blocks of buildings and turn them into a giant film set.

We probably would have since we were well on track to becoming a filming hotspot but drat you Snyder!!!!

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Meanwhile in Arrow "holy poo poo that ending".

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Not to mention more Kord Industries!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Mr. Maltose posted:

The bus Oliver had to stop when they first tangled with Clock King had an ad on the side for the Blue Devil movie.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Mr. Maltose posted:

Time for Max Lord!

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
I'm still hoping for Booster to be a Kord Industries sponsored publicity stunt turned actual hero.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
There was also a bus with a Blue Devil movie ad on the side.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Blue Devil's origin is that he actually was a stunt actor with a blue devil suit for a movie before he got turned into a real one, right?

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

greatn posted:

Blue Devil's origin is that he actually was a stunt actor with a blue devil suit for a movie before he got turned into a real one, right?

The Devil (as in, capital D) was also involved I think, but yeah, originally he was a stuntman and the suit was full of electronic enhancements.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Once upon a time Stuntmen were basically magic in the way transistors were.

Just being a stuntman qualified you for all manner of superheroics.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Madkal posted:

There was also a bus with a Blue Devil movie ad on the side.

Also Sara's old bar tending gig was at a club called Oblivion, which I believe is connected to Blue Devil.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

Once upon a time Stuntmen were basically magic in the way transistors were.

Just being a stuntman qualified you for all manner of superheroics.

And, per The Fall Guy, regular non-super heroics!

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Madkal posted:

Meanwhile in Arrow "holy poo poo that ending".

Ahhhhhh.

So much poo poo is going to go down next week. The show does the best closing stings.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Waterhaul posted:

Ahhhhhh.

So much poo poo is going to go down next week. The show does the best closing stings.

I think its either next week or the week after is the introduction of the Suicide Squad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Look what is coming out!
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IGVJH0E/ref=pe_385040_30332200_pe_309540_26725410_item