Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Seems like a lot of Barca fans want to live in a fantasyland where the poo poo their club does doesn't have real, local repercussions. In reality the whole league is suffering. Not like they care as they only support the team by watching them on TV across the world. A little perspective would be nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

lol loving hell. I'd like to see versions of those charts with Champions League and Europa League TV money included.

It still baffles me why all the other teams put up with this, there's no league without them. You can understand why Atletico and Valencia might want to keep their position of getting the most crumbs from the big two's table, but the rest of them should just strike or field children against Barca/Real.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Blue Screen Error posted:

lol loving hell. I'd like to see versions of those charts with Champions League and Europa League TV money included.

It still baffles me why all the other teams put up with this, there's no league without them. You can understand why Atletico and Valencia might want to keep their position of getting the most crumbs from the big two's table, but the rest of them should just strike or field children against Barca/Real.

Barca and Madrid bribed all the other club's presidents into accepting the tv deal, it's the only thing that makes sense to me. The other clubs can't be that dumb.

Voluspa
Mar 17, 2006

HURRRRley

Blue Screen Error posted:

There are real political and institutional obstacles, namely that the FA essentially looks after the interests of these two teams. This is not to say the rest have silently taken whatever crumbs fall of the table. There's been protests, comments and threats made. Sevilla famously got their games moved one season which was in no way punishment, no sir.

El Hefe posted:

Barca and Madrid bribed all the other club's presidents into accepting the tv deal, it's the only thing that makes sense to me. The other clubs can't be that dumb.

Look at you being foreign and dumb.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
The worse thing is that the clubs had the option of fighting the tv deal recently but nothing came of it, they just shrugged their shoulders and let Barca and Madrid keep loving them, it's the weirdest thing.

Voluspa
Mar 17, 2006

HURRRRley

El Hefe posted:

The worse thing is that the clubs had the option of fighting the tv deal recently but nothing came of it, they just shrugged their shoulders and let Barca and Madrid keep loving them, it's the weirdest thing.

Apparently people need their jobs. Not that a wealthy prick from venezuela would know what working for a living entails.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Voluspa posted:

There are real political and institutional obstacles, namely that the FA essentially looks after the interests of these two teams. This is not to say the rest have silently taken whatever crumbs fall of the table. There's been protests, comments and threats made. Sevilla famously got their games moved one season which was in no way punishment, no sir.

Yeah I thought it was something along the line that the league and FA takes the sacrifices in the expectation that the two teams will do good in Europe.

Voluspa
Mar 17, 2006

HURRRRley

Hegav posted:

Yeah I thought it was something along the line that the league and FA takes the sacrifices in the expectation that the two teams will do good in Europe.

That sounds too noble, maybe there was such a time that was true. In practice is much like any regulatory body, it has since been populated with people whose allegiances lie really with the teams themselves and not the league as a whole.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Suqit posted:

I love your posts about him. I enjoy watching him play and pay closer attention to him now.

The only bad part about him is that he is a filthy purple but I have learned to ignore that.

Have some sick saves instead of boring barca bashing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYRu_F5ABVg

This one is great, Xabi Prieto tells him: "You couldn't let one in you son of a bitch?" :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLHZmKKRQq4

Voluspa
Mar 17, 2006

HURRRRley

Drogadon posted:

boring barca bashing

It's only half of the poo poo nationals have to put up with, there's just as much Madrid bashing and is wholly uninteresting as well.

But as long as we are on the subject, I'm divided on Navas and Andrés Fdez, as best young keepers on the league.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

I haven't seen him at all, will have to pay attention to Osasuna

Also this channel is pretty good for behind the scenes type stuff, Spanish only though

https://www.youtube.com/user/ElDiaDespues12Plus?feature=watch

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Bale was immense today. Well on his way to winning the Ballon d'Or once Ronaldo retires. He's definitely bigger these days, he was pushing the German defenders aside like they were some La Liga pansies. That's another advantage he has over Neymar, who doesn't have anyone to spot him with his weights. I can imagine him early on going every night to the Barca gym to bulk up only to find it completely deserted, and quitting midway through a set because he forgot his ipod. You need someone to encourage and motivate you in the gym, usually someone bigger than you that you can aspire to look like, and Bale has that with Ronaldo, Casillas and the other guys. I bet Bale goes crazy nowadays when he's stuck at home and there's nothing on TV and he just wants to get his sweat on, so he texts Ronaldo who's always up for a session and picks him up in his big rear end sports car and they just go 2 hours easy, probably shirtless cause there's nobody at the gym at night and Ronaldo spots him with his bigger weights that he can't handle yet because he's not swole enough but he's well on his way. drat. Love it.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

El Hefe posted:

Except we don't need Neymar to do that, he was bought to score in big games and so far hes scored or assisted a goal in all big games.

Could have had Kuyt for 1m to do that

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

Mean Bean Machine posted:

Bale was immense today. Well on his way to winning the Ballon d'Or once Ronaldo retires. He's definitely bigger these days, he was pushing the German defenders aside like they were some La Liga pansies. That's another advantage he has over Neymar, who doesn't have anyone to spot him with his weights. I can imagine him early on going every night to the Barca gym to bulk up only to find it completely deserted, and quitting midway through a set because he forgot his ipod. You need someone to encourage and motivate you in the gym, usually someone bigger than you that you can aspire to look like, and Bale has that with Ronaldo, Casillas and the other guys. I bet Bale goes crazy nowadays when he's stuck at home and there's nothing on TV and he just wants to get his sweat on, so he texts Ronaldo who's always up for a session and picks him up in his big rear end sports car and they just go 2 hours easy, probably shirtless cause there's nobody at the gym at night and Ronaldo spots him with his bigger weights that he can't handle yet because he's not swole enough but he's well on his way. drat. Love it.

Fantasy ruined

chuggo is BACK posted:

Could have had Kuyt for 1m to do that

Not Brazilian enough.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

That is an awful physique.

Anyway from watching Neymar play he strikes me as Robinho 2.0
Nothing more.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
I bet vaginal culture is more ripped, gets more pussy and is funner to hang around with than Neymar.

Voluspa
Mar 17, 2006

HURRRRley

El Hefe posted:

I bet vaginal culture is more ripped, gets more pussy and is funner to hang around with than Neymar.

not even a contest, paulistas are huge cunts.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

El Hefe posted:

Fantasy ruined

That's...worse than I could have ever imagined.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I wonder how much pocket money Neymar gets from his rich dad?

Suqit posted:

I think it would be incredible to have Laudrup back. I still hold out hope for Tata. I really like the fact that he actually rotates the squad. I think it will prove smart as Barcelona get deeper in to all competitions. They have a history of starting to look poo poo this time of the year. It's pretty cool having some decent teams in the league this year. I've always had a soft spot for Sociedad. I hope they can hold on to Griezmann for at least another year.

I have hardly seen Rafinha play at all, but when I did he really didn't leave much of an impression on me.
He rotated for no reason in the game against Sociedad, though, and it looks like he's gonna end up playing Messi for 90 minutes every game now. I'm telling you, a guy with such a bad haircut who looks more at home in tracky-Bs than suits is never gonna cut it.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

El Hefe posted:

Jesus Christ. It's 2014.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I like Tata cause he looks like a dad

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

let me shovel out your brains
hang my image in your skull
so I can be the vision
in your nightmares from now on

Voluspa posted:

Apparently people need their jobs. Not that a wealthy prick from venezuela would know what working for a living entails.

I love you.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Mean Bean Machine posted:

That's...worse than I could have ever imagined.

He looks like he just got out of bed and has never lifted in his life. Those shoulders are disgusting.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Tata owns and he's going to win at least 1 title this season.

he already won the supercopa lol

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Chas McGill posted:

I'm telling you, a guy with such a bad haircut who looks more at home in tracky-Bs than suits is never gonna cut it.

Listen, just because his name isn't Allardicio doesn't mean he couldn't cut it

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

drat do they know theres other poo poo to do in the gym besides obliques?

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
Neymar is an anime

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

chuggo is BACK posted:

Neymar is an anime

Neymar owns.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)

chuggo is BACK posted:

Neymar is an anime

Mods please rename me Anémar.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

mean bean machine please translate

and please don't translate it as "im a huge oval office" or whatever

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

chuggo is BACK posted:

Jesus Christ. It's 2014.

The accepted way to say this in the modern era is "gets more orifice"

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

El Hefe posted:

mean bean machine please translate

and please don't translate it as "im a huge oval office" or whatever

I think it says "Just escaped from Auschwitz". I hate to bodyshame in 2014, but put a shirt on dude :rolleyes:.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Physique of a school boy. Holy lol.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

vaginal culture posted:

I think it says "Just escaped from Auschwitz". I hate to bodyshame in 2014, but put a shirt on dude :rolleyes:.

You'd gently caress him dont lie.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

El Hefe posted:

You'd gently caress him dont lie.

Well yes Tom is straight

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

El Hefe posted:

Fantasy ruined

Not Brazilian enough.

Lmao, that is some beta physique not even trolling

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Was Neymar bought in so that there was somebody less built than him playing as a forward in the CL.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Neymar is hot in the twinky guy you take home from a basement rave type of way

not my type tho

not a hunk like Alexis IMHO

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Alves looks "dry" as hell there too. Interesting to me. Not sure why they thought this was a good idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
We don't need buff dudes to play Tiki-Tata.

• Locked thread