Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Anonymous Robot posted:

Oh man, I'm conflicted between switching from the out-of-stock Gouf to a Zaku Cannon (sorta similar to the Zaku 2.0 I have but man the color scheme, those linked fusion guns, and shoulder cannon) or the RX-78 3.0 (I don't have an RX-78 yet).

did they refund you in store credit or something? why do you have to switch to a different model instead of not buying anything?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

Fauxtool posted:

did they refund you in store credit or something? why do you have to switch to a different model instead of not buying anything?

Well, they offered to switch out a kit or refund me, but I still want a kit even if I can't get the Gouf.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Anonymous Robot posted:

Oh man, I'm conflicted between switching from the out-of-stock Gouf to a Zaku Cannon (sorta similar to the Zaku 2.0 I have but man the color scheme, those linked fusion guns, and shoulder cannon) or the RX-78 3.0 (I don't have an RX-78 yet).

Do you have a Zaku 2.0 already? The cannon uses most of the same parts. (And the Gouf shares a lot of parts with the Zaku, too.)

Personally, I'd say get the RX-78 3.0, because you gotta have an RX-78.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Fauxtool posted:

We are getting the newest Dynasty Warriors Gundam in english
http://www.joystiq.com/2014/02/25/dynasty-warriors-gundam-reborn-hitting-us-europe-this-summer-o/
:circlefap:

no vita announcement though

:woop: This and my MG Build Strike coming in the mail made my goddamn day. Shame that after this one and MG Gundam X I'm done until the summer.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Fauxtool posted:

We are getting the newest Dynasty Warriors Gundam in english
http://www.joystiq.com/2014/02/25/dynasty-warriors-gundam-reborn-hitting-us-europe-this-summer-o/
:circlefap:

no vita announcement though

Awesome. Well, going by the previous ones adequate. But it's got Gundam in it!

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BizarroAzrael posted:

Awesome. Well, going by the previous ones adequate. But it's got Gundam in it!

what didnt you like about the previous? I enjoyed breaking the game with turnA and having infinite super and one shotting bosses

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

General consensus is it's Dynasty Warriors, which we already have a million and 5 of, compared to Gundam Vs, which we have... 3 or 4 of. DW is the series that took the baton of reusing gameplay heavily from Mega Man and eventually passed it on to Call of Duty.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TARDISman posted:

General consensus is it's Dynasty Warriors, which we already have a million and 5 of, compared to Gundam Vs, which we have... 3 or 4 of. DW is the series that took the baton of reusing gameplay heavily from Mega Man and eventually passed it on to Call of Duty.

It has "dynasty warriors" in the title. What kind of person hopes for anything else but dynasty warriors gameplay with the gundam IP?

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

I'll be sorely disappointed if the Sengoku Astray isn't made available, either at launch or as DLC once BF finishes its run. That thing is pretty much as Dynasty Warriors as it gets.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Well HLJ just alerted me that the April issue of Dengeki Hobby is ready to ship. After listing it would be available in April. And here I thought that Dengeki was remembering how the calendar works.

Picked up a new pin vise and a decal tray while I was at it because my old pin vise/drill bit set is the epitome of "you get what you pay for" and I am about to enter waterslide hell.

Caros
May 14, 2008

TARDISman posted:

:woop: This and my MG Build Strike coming in the mail made my goddamn day. Shame that after this one and MG Gundam X I'm done until the summer.

The MG Build Strike is amazing in everything except the backpack being twice the size that I want it to be. Same problem I had with the 00 Raiser really.

Then again, it gave me the impetus to start meticulously painting it into an RG system Star Build Strike, so there is that.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
The Crossbone Gundam Kai's gotten some new pictures up

http://gundamguy.blogspot.com.au/2014/02/hguc-1144-xm-x1-f97-crossbone-gundam-x.html

Also I don't know why I made this, but gently caress it. It was all I could see while looking at the pictures of it.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

BlitzBlast posted:

Well HLJ just alerted me that the April issue of Dengeki Hobby is ready to ship. After listing it would be available in April. And here I thought that Dengeki was remembering how the calendar works.

Picked up a new pin vise and a decal tray while I was at it because my old pin vise/drill bit set is the epitome of "you get what you pay for" and I am about to enter waterslide hell.

i wasn't aware you had bought the Koto Su-37. Joking aside, I'm going to assume it's a Unicorn of some variety

Caros
May 14, 2008

So my wife just gave me my super belated x-mas gift, and I have to brag:

This lovely monstrosity...

Became the EGG-01F Fababrige Custom. Could have used a better pose, but suffice to say my wife is the best.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Well I bought supplies to panel wash today. Tried it on a HG, and failed spectacuarly. Gonna practice on some master grade weapons and SD kits and just do Turn A by hand.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

What paint/thinner did you get? Panel washing really should not be hard.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

BlitzBlast posted:

What paint/thinner did you get? Panel washing really should not be hard.

I got Testors thinner and enamel black paint. I was able to do it. I just kept smudging when wiping. I am really excited about Turn A and I don't want to gently caress that up.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Keep a tissue box or a pile of serviettes when you do panel washes, they're good for removing excess ink without needing to wipe it. I have some tamiya "panel line accent color (black)" and it works well enough but I really need some thinner to help clean it up.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

ManSeriesBrofist posted:

I got Testors thinner and enamel black paint. I was able to do it. I just kept smudging when wiping.

Did you wait for it to dry? Also, if it smudged it sounds like you're trying to wipe it off with your finger or something. That's possible, but it's way easier to just dip a q-tip in iso alcohol and cleanly wipe it off.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

I'm sure I'll get a bit better with it. I've picked up a lot of good habits gunpla wise so I'm definitely gonna stick with it. Also I don't think I did.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

ManSeriesBrofist posted:

I got Testors thinner and enamel black paint. I was able to do it. I just kept smudging when wiping. I am really excited about Turn A and I don't want to gently caress that up.

I really like doing enamel washes, and if you want to use something cheaper, I'd use zippo lighter fluid. I find that it works better then using the proper brand of thinner.

Also try thinning it more and using a really, really tiny brush.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Been on a big gunpla kick recently. Finally realized all my tiny tip micro and copics I never use for drawing are great 'gundam' markers. Tested it out on my Zaku 1 (seemed appropriate) and I loved the results. Been sitting here for 6 fuckin hours marking up my master grades and taking care of old nubbies I wasn't as diligent about when I first got into gunpla.

Currently putting together an MG marasai, after finishing an HG unicorn my brother got me for christmas.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Caros posted:

So my wife just gave me my super belated x-mas gift

:3: That's adorable.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

So earlier, I took a look at my 3.0's pretty-much-done-and-just-needs-to-be-flat-coated shield and decided that you know what?

Let's paint some gray on there. Considering I neither washed the part, masked the sections, stripped the previous panel lines, or did any sort of preparation at all, it turned out alright. Really hoping the flat coat masks that paint clump though.

Caros posted:

suffice to say my wife is the best.

Also yeah, that's great. If you hadn't told me it was a Christmas gift, I would have assumed it was for Valentines. :v:

Caros
May 14, 2008

BlitzBlast posted:

So earlier, I took a look at my 3.0's pretty-much-done-and-just-needs-to-be-flat-coated shield and decided that you know what?

Let's paint some gray on there. Considering I neither washed the part, masked the sections, stripped the previous panel lines, or did any sort of preparation at all, it turned out alright. Really hoping the flat coat masks that paint clump though.

Also yeah, that's great. If you hadn't told me it was a Christmas gift, I would have assumed it was for Valentines. :v:

She doesn't 'do' Valentines, though if she was smart she'd have saved it for our anniversary. Two gifts for me. :)

That gray looks really good by the way. It took me a second to realize that wasn't just standard to the model.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Looking over these more recent (I think?) designs, it seems like one of the artists had a thing for shrouds/cloaks on mobile suits. Makes me wonder why there was never a six-shooter MS in a poncho, unless maybe I'm forgetting something from G-Gundam.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Are you looking at Wing/Crossbone? Neither of those are really recent, and both did it just to look cool.

Well okay, Frozen Teardrop is recent, but Frozen Teardrop is just silly.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

BlitzBlast posted:

Are you looking at Wing/Crossbone? Neither of those are really recent, and both did it just to look cool.

Well okay, Frozen Teardrop is recent, but Frozen Teardrop is just silly.

I looked it up, apparently Sandrock Kai's cloak in Endless Waltz was an anti beam cloak or some rubbish like that, so one can assume that the wacky as poo poo stuff in Frozen Teardrop is their equivalent to beam shields or whatever other Gundam series use.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
Anti-beam cloaks are a thing in UC, also. They just take one or two hits before they're used up, though.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

The average is about 5 hits, at least according to the information in crossbone. :goonsay:

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
There you go. I knew it would atleast sometimes handle more than one in crossbone, but in videogames, they end up just canceling out the first beam that hits.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Yeah, they're sadly underwhelming for how awesome they are.

At least in G Gen there's the cool animation after the fact that has whatever Crossbone got hit whipping it off and throwing it aside, at least if memory serves.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
My HG F91 Gundam arrived today, and it's only now that I've built it and put it up next to all my other kits that I realize just how tiny the mobile suits from Victory onward are. I mean, I knew they were smaller than their predecessors but it's kinda sad just seeing it in a side-by-side comparison. He really is the runt of the litter, I should buy the V2 so the F91 can have a tiny friend :unsmith:

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

The F91 is from before the victory era.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

MG F91 is about the size of HG Nu, it's hilarious.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Just wanted to share a couple of photos of my husband's HG Kshatriya and MG (Titans Color) Marasai from the last 2 weekends.

On the other hand... my MG Sengoku Astray and MG Phenex arrived in the mail today. I know what I'm doing this weekend :getin:

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I really wish I was as productive as your husband when it comes to my gunpla. I take forever to finish a kit :(.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

I just started my MG Build Strike, the Build Booster is too much fun to build. Hoping to post some pics this weekend.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Monaghan posted:

I really wish I was as productive as your husband when it comes to my gunpla. I take forever to finish a kit :(.

He tends to be the same (as do I, I've been working on the MG Astray Blue Frame for a few weeks) but he has recently been challenging himself to limit his time to a few hours each instead to see what he can manage. It's actually been going well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Boxart for HGAC Wing Zero is out.

To be honest, I completely forgot it was the March All Gundam kit. :sweatdrop:

• Locked thread