Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AstraSage
May 13, 2013

Imprison him, Resist/Sense Magic Combo, Wear Coronet, Push for Cheerfulness if you can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dizaero
Jan 30, 2012

CORRECT ANSWER
YUO ARE SMART
Imprison him.

Resist magic and Sense magic.

Catsuit because the monocle!

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation
Imprison him and maybe we'll get to decide later what to do with him (haha, no :eng99:). Then study Sense Magic and Resist Magic to accelerate our efforts to become the most magical girl in the kingdom. See, what mom did wrong was she didn't resist enough magic. We're not going down that route.

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Wear everything. All of it. At the same time.

Study the magic and the more magic and use that prisoner for polymorph:frog experiments.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
The jail is a place we can visit on weekends...

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl

MegaZeroX posted:

What did Elodie think the sea was for until now? :psyduck:

I believe the game is using "something you hold" in the military sense--i.e. to exert a constant and exclusive authoritative presence over a defined region. Which is essentially impossible on a large body of water.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Samuel posted:

Imprison him At the very least we can lock him up till we can sense the demons :eng101:

I was gonna say execute, but if we can do this that absolutely do it.

As for school, obviously lets continue with the Lu... Wait a second, is that a +2.60 multiplier I spy over at Intrigue? 1 order each of Ciphering and Foreign Intelligence, please.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Navel Strategy x2, rule the ocean blue red with the blood of our enemies unfortunate sailors who have to go to sea by her command. Don't care about the clothes. I won't vote for the sentence because I know what the various outcomes will be, and I consider it to be cheating.

MegaZeroX posted:

What did Elodie think the sea was for until now? :psyduck:
Pretty to look at of course. :downs:
It also took her a whole week to learn that. Goddamn, kid...

Poil fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Feb 27, 2014

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
Pardon him.

Train Resist Magic and Swords.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

zonohedron posted:

Pardon him! He must be so sad having been possessed :smith:

Also, let's wear our coronet (the better to impress people with) and study reflexes and resist magic.

This! That poor man must be terribly sad, we should help him!

:smith::hf::smith:

Aeromancia
Jul 23, 2013
Imprison him.

Train Resist Magic and Court Manners

Hankosha
Apr 1, 2008

SISTAS ARE DOIN' IT FOR THEMSELVES
Imprison
Train Dance/Magic

gameface
Nov 23, 2007

yook posted:

This seems like the more sensible option that the game is never going to bring up again after we make this choice :eng99:

Imprison, Resist Magic. If we're going to have a demon living in our basement, may as well put up a fight before it kills us.

Yeah, that's probably true. Imprison, Resist. Also Keep the Catsuit.

One more thing, what does the full mood chart currently look like?

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

gameface posted:

Yeah, that's probably true. Imprison, Resist. Also Keep the Catsuit.

One more thing, what does the full mood chart currently look like?

gameface
Nov 23, 2007
Thanks. :) That's closer than I thought it would be, considering all the votes the Lumen category has been getting in the past few game weeks.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Hey, OP, is that little summary of mood and bonuses in the skill screen your doing or did Hanako add in the last patch? Because that's really handy!

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Gaz-L posted:

Hey, OP, is that little summary of mood and bonuses in the skill screen your doing or did Hanako add in the last patch? Because that's really handy!

It was added in the latest patch.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
Let's Execute the bastard!

Also train up Swords and Magic Resistance, we cannot be caught unprepared.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

imprison him :unsmigghh:

Mr.Dr.Jr.
Nov 11, 2013
Weild magic + resist magic + catsuit

as for the guy well.....

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
Execute, Resist Magic, Sense Magic, Catsuit, Visit Treasury on weekend

Drakli
Jan 28, 2004
Goblin-Friend
Imprison

Swords & Swords

Seriously, any princess needs to learn about stabbing enemies until they bleed dead. Otherwise, they'll just get kidnapped by turtle dragons.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:
Imprison swords sense magic

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
So, we have this spell:

quote:

Wield Magic

40: By concentrating, you can create a wave of discontent which panics or enrages animals in the area.

And a loyal pet:

quote:

Dogs

50: You choose a young puppy and begin raising him to respond to you over all others.

I hope we get a Skill Check of Wield Magic + Dogs when we encounter the next insolent noble.

Samuel
Nov 5, 2011
So what happens if we visit the dungeon? Also study Accounting/trade our queen knows nothing about money, and lending money from the Jewry has saved many byzantine dynasties.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation
Given that we only learned how to do elementary arithmetic like a few weeks ago, and still haven't really moved beyond that point, I'm not at all surprised our grasp on the nature of the ocean is somewhat lacking. I can easily imagine Elodie learning about water as a means of travel and being all "This changes everything!"

Happy Blue
Oct 18, 2012
Execute him! Then go spend all week learning about Swords x 2, so we may eventually be able to kill things.

Also, continue to wear the catsuit.

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010
Imprison him, then Resist Magic x2

I have to admit, there seems to be a certain desire in the thread to try to succeed the skill check we failed last. Like a military that is always trying to refight the last war.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Off with his head!

Also we should resist magic, all the time.

A Pair Of Ducks
Dec 16, 2009
Choppa da head! :black101:

Then resist magic FIRST and sense magic SECOND.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

ArchangeI posted:

Imprison him, then Resist Magic x2

I have to admit, there seems to be a certain desire in the thread to try to succeed the skill check we failed last. Like a military that is always trying to refight the last war.

It is interesting how Elondie has essentially zero schooling beyond standard reading/writing despite being heir apparent and only one year off from adulthood. I mean I know the Queen's death was sudden and all, but regardless Elondie was going to inherit eventually, so you'd think they'd have made a more vigorous effort to educate the future Queen.

YamiNoSenshi
Jan 19, 2010

Sydin posted:

It is interesting how Elondie has essentially zero schooling beyond standard reading/writing despite being heir apparent and only one year off from adulthood. I mean I know the Queen's death was sudden and all, but regardless Elondie was going to inherit eventually, so you'd think they'd have made a more vigorous effort to educate the future Queen.

Well maybe if she took more than two classes at a time and didn't piss entire weekends away on a single activity, she'd be in better shape.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Execute him :black101:

dereku
Oct 23, 2010

Open up your senses
For clothing a coronett is good
Pardon this man so he may be cured
All kinds of magic we have to resist
From this task I shall not desist

((Resist magic is a double vote))

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

YamiNoSenshi posted:

Well maybe if she took more than two classes at a time and didn't piss entire weekends away on a single activity, she'd be in better shape.

Total inability to learn certain things if she's "not in the right mood" has probably not helped her either.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Voting is closed.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Murderer

Imprison him: 18

Execute him: 10

Pardon him: 4

Outfit

Coronet: 7

Catsuit: 6

Class

Resist Magic: 29

Swords: 10

Sense Magic: 9

Lumen: 3

Reflexes: 2

Court Manners: 2

Naval Strategy: 2

Composure: 1

Flattery: 1

Public Speaking: 1

Ciphering: 1

Foreign Intelligence: 1

Dance: 1

Wield Magic: 1

Accounting: 1

Trade: 1

Winners

Imprison Him

Coronet

Resist Magic (x2)

Note: Someone voted to change our mood to cheerful, but since most people seem to be going for magic, I'm not going to do that without a vote first. Someone voted for us to go into the treasury, but our accounting hasn't increased since last time so nothing would change.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

I won't forgive you for that. You will be imprisoned for the rest of your life.

He opens his mouth to argue with you further, but then his shoulders slump.

Condemned Man: Yes, Your Majesty.

Unfortunately, we can't actually visit the man if we go to the dungeons. The game is usually very meticulous and doesn't forget details like this. Maybe visiting him in the dungeons will be part of whatever future content Hanako releases.

You have unlocked a new outfit!

It will now fall to the Royal Treasury to repair the damage.

I'm going against willful here. Why? You'll see.

That's right. Elodie is now neutral. That means no bonuses and no penalties. This mood is nearly impossible to stay in, so you can't actually vote for it. This week, we are voting for moods anyway, so this is the perfect emotional state to be in.

Yes, the outfit's name is actually magical girl. :D

3 things need to be voted on:

1) Classes

2) Outfit

3) Mood

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

Composure x2 while we don't have a malus to learning royal demeanor skills, wear the catsuit, become willful again so that we can go back to learning all the magic. (All of iiiiit.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meander
Apr 1, 2010

Let's try out the magical girl outfit, and train sense magic and composure. Since we need to look like we know what we're doing.

For mood, let's get angry.

• Locked thread