Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
At some point this will have to resolve this love square? triangle? they have created.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?
Friendzoned hard and she didn't even notice it.

Mike Danger
Feb 17, 2012
A bouncer and a bartender all in one!

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Laurel's here to make good on Ollie's promise of free drinks.

DFu4ever
Oct 4, 2002

Laurel heard there were pills.

Mike Danger
Feb 17, 2012
OHHH SHIIIIT

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

dun dun DUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN :tviv:

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
HOLLLLY poo poo

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Oliver stone cold as he looks into the eye of his dead friend.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

:aaaaa:

THIS SHOW.

DFu4ever
Oct 4, 2002

Mike Danger posted:

OHHH SHIIIIT

Yeah...

Yeah that about summed up my reaction.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
Is it next week yet?

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?
You never realize how ridiculous this show is until you try to explain the significance of a reveal to a first time viewer.

Unambiguous
Aug 17, 2012

They better go somewhere with this whole Oliver being a gigantic hypocrite thing. Because his reasons for not telling Thea about Merlyn being her dad are literally the exact same as Moira's reasons.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Poor Roy, he was literally in this episode for about ten frames. Don't worry, buddy, I'm sure once Slade gets to Deathstrokin', Ollie will need all the help he can get! :unsmigghh:

Next week's gonna be tennnnnnnse.

Unambiguous
Aug 17, 2012

Can we redo the dinner scene but this time adding Moira, Thea, Slade, and Merlyn? Just for absolute maximum awkward.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

Unambiguous posted:

They better go somewhere with this whole Oliver being a gigantic hypocrite thing. Because his reasons for not telling Thea about Merlyn being her dad are literally the exact same as Moira's reasons.

I'm wondering if they're setting up Thea to have a heel turn once she figures out pretty much everyone in her life is lying to her one way or another.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Unambiguous posted:

I don't think he's upset with her about not telling Thea. I think he's upset that she threatened Felicity about it.
If they do anything with it I think it'll parallel him not telling Slade about Shado though.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!
Holy poo poo, this show ended with a nice :smuggo:

I can't wait for next week.

With regards to the Ollie being a hypocrite thing, I think that's kind of the point. It's a character flaw of his, and I like that he has flaws.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Unambiguous posted:

Can we redo the dinner scene but this time adding Moira, Thea, Slade, and Merlyn? Just for absolute maximum awkward.

zoux posted:

SSSSSSuper spoiler images from next week's episode:
http://i.imgur.com/sx5wwAz.jpg

:ssh:

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
^^^^^^^^
Here's a full set of pics from next week, including a larger version of that one.

http://tvline.com/2014/02/25/arrow-season-2-episode-15-the-promise-photos-slade-wilson/#!4/thepromise/

Harry Joe
Jan 15, 2006
My name be neither Harry, nor Joe, but Harry Joe shall do
Jesus jumping christ on a pogo stick that was a good episode. This and POI are my two favorite shows at the moment, and which one I love more is only decided by which one I watched last (so unfortunately for POI I love Arrow for a larger portion of the week)

My only regret about this episode was the fairly quick and uneventful end to clock-king, the only weakness of a show that moves as quickly as this is there are some things that I would love to see explored more that never does.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
poo poo y'all, if Oliver getting over her was what really would've gotten Laurel back on track all this time he should've done it long ago!

A fantastic episode. I don't think there was a second of it I didn't enjoy.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Another amazing episode. I am already excited for future Clock King episodes, what a great villain.

Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009
Loved the Clock King. Right off the bat I knew it was him because he was doing his schtick from the Task Force X episode of Justice League Unlimited.

Didn't like so much the 'Hackers can cause anything electronic to explode' device. Really, you mashed your hand on a tablet and his cell phone exploded? Is that a feature of Windows 8?

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Neon Knight posted:

Didn't like so much the 'Hackers can cause anything electronic to explode' device. Really, you mashed your hand on a tablet and his cell phone exploded? Is that a feature of Windows 8?

To be fair it's a Microsoft product.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Pretty good ep, but the reveal at the end was the best part by far.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
I know next to nothing about getting hacked, but can't you just disconnect your computer from the internet to stop it?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Eddain posted:

I know next to nothing about getting hacked, but can't you just disconnect your computer from the internet to stop it?

Whoa are you some kind of master hacker?!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Eddain posted:

For an individual device, sure. They have a whole network he was in though. And in universe, it makes sense if Felicity didn't expect that to be possible and didn't have a kill switch for the whole thing.

She could have pulled the outgoing connection but that's not always easy to get to, especially when you're hiding a secret basement under a club.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
Soon all of Thea's club will be a front for Oliver's team members.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I know this is mostly irrelevant and I'm not looking for sympathy, but this episode made me SUPER sad since both my younger and older brothers passed away from Cystic Fibrosis. I was so hoping for redemption for Clock King even if it meant life in prison and Ollie helping his sister. Blah.

The end was still amazing, though.

Pigbog
Apr 28, 2005

Unless that is Spider-man if Spider-man were a backyard wrestler or Kurt Cobain, your costume looks shitty.
Does it drive anyone else nuts that they make every random number in this show 52? In this episode alone Detective Lance answered the police radio "Delta Charlie 52" (double whammy because they snuck in a DC joke), Clock King's address started with 52, and there was a Channel 52 van. Yeah, we get it, 52 is a DC comics thing. It was funny the first few times, but they do it so much now that it really takes me out of the action.

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Time to join a revolution son, its going to be yooge!
So I guess I'm the only one who thinks Ollie is mad because his mom cheated on his dad? With a supervillian no less.

eta- which I guess is hypocritical too

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Yeah Ollie being mad someone cheated on someone else is laughable on its face. Not that it doesn't have a little bit to do with it, everyone's a hypocrite at some level. Ollie just turns it to 11 sometimes.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
The Clock King part was great, especially Felicity saving Sara and getting a scar and Felicity on pills.

But the end twist. As soon as I heard that voice, I knew what was up.

I like that Slade didn't even bother using a different name. Just "gently caress you, I'm Slade, I'm still alive, deal with it kid."

So glad this show is back.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
Anyone want to dress up like Felicity/Laurel/Thea?

WornOnTV keeps track of what actresses wear on TV shows so you can dress up like them.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Pigbog posted:

Does it drive anyone else nuts that they make every random number in this show 52? In this episode alone Detective Lance answered the police radio "Delta Charlie 52" (double whammy because they snuck in a DC joke), Clock King's address started with 52, and there was a Channel 52 van. Yeah, we get it, 52 is a DC comics thing. It was funny the first few times, but they do it so much now that it really takes me out of the action.

52 is like the Lost numbers. It shows up everywhere.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Pigbog posted:

I literally have never noticed it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unambiguous
Aug 17, 2012

Zythrst posted:

So I guess I'm the only one who thinks Ollie is mad because his mom cheated on his dad? With a supervillian no less.

eta- which I guess is hypocritical too

The problem is he's known that for a while. It came up during the trial and he didn't get mad about it much at all at that point. He didn't actually get mad until he found out that she had been lying about Thea being his father's child. To me it seemed really like he was mad that after all this time she was still keeping secrets from him which is why I consider him to be such a hypocrite.

• Locked thread