Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Beauty tribe is pretty interesting because LJ seems like a great player. He said in his bio that he was good at puzzles and so far he's lived up to that doing all the Beauty team's puzzles. He also immediately cottoned to Morgan possibly having the idol. Meanwhile, Brice making that quick alliance with Morgan and then pulling puppy dog Jeremy into it shows that he's good at the game as well. I don't know if they're gonna be losing challenges but if they do I guess Jeffra and Alexis are the most at risk. Hopefully Brice doesn't take down LJ..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

[let's] fuck that crazy-ass robot
This season is so loving great already.

Also Cliff is adorable. :3:

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Gotta feel for Spencer, stuck on a tribe with these chucklefucks. Eliminate the strongest person on your team. Keep the psycho person who destroyed all the rice, is incredibly bossy, sucks at challenges etc etc. Garrett made some massive noob mistakes that are surprising for someone who is a poker player who apparently spent ages studying Survivor and was super whiny about the survival aspect... but come on.

It was pretty dumb that Spencer seemed to think David had the idol, but I'm pretty sure we only heard him say that when speaking to Garrett? It's totally conceivable he was saying that the Garrett in an attempt to trick him into saying he had the idol. Because the same "early person voted out goes to camps and gets HII clue" has happened before, in Africa for example. If Spencer is a student of the game like he claims, he would know that.

What an incredible implosion.

Arcanen fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Feb 27, 2014

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

SteveVizsla posted:

I knew this guy was off his rocker when he said he jumped from roof tops chasing criminals, but wow.

Yeah, I think he was my favourite but it's a tough call to make because there was a LOT of insane poo poo going on.

David would've been hilarious to keep around for a bit longer. You could tell he was really angry most of the time and ready to snap at any point. It's especially funny to remember how he thought Garrett was the biggest threat.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Did anyone else groan when brawn and beauty each sat their one black player at the swimming challenge?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I love how the Brains tribe is just overthinking itself into complete and utter disaster.

Just... why are you idiots making moves for day 21 when it is day 3? Find the person who is making you lose challenges, vote them off, start winning challenges. It is literally that simple.

They're gonna get loving Ulonged.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Bigass Moth posted:

Did anyone else groan when brawn and beauty each sat their one black player at the swimming challenge?

I don't know about the beauty side of things, but at least for brawn, he was a huge-rear end man and it probably would have been harder to maneuver in there being a 7 foot tall giant. Maybe beauty black guy knew that he would be terrible weak and not contribute (not that they were stellar in the water without him anyway).

I kinda want to see the Woo-Tang 2 man alliance go the distance, but I see Cliff getting taken out by Tony and his #spyshack antics. Also how the gently caress does Tony think he spyshack is going to work anyway?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I got a phone call during the ep - can somebody explain what #spyshack was?

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Poque posted:

Tony built an addition to the main shelter that he could hide in and listen to people talk.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Poque posted:

Tony built a conspicuous pile of leaves on the beach with the expectation that he'll be able to hide under it and listen to private conversations. Specifically Cliff's, for some reason.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
"Sure seems like a women's alliance over there on the Brains tribe..."

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
I'm furious - I'm rooting for Spencer and now his game is in tatters because of that imbecile.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I always feel bad for people that get booted early because their tribe went with someone who was clearly terrible due to "well it's not me" mentality, only for the terrible person to get booted shortly after becuase their tribe realized that they're terrible. Would have loved to see what David could have done this season.

So because Garrett got voted out his idol doesn't go back into play, right?

Also: I wonder what the average IQ of the brains tribe is with him gone. Probbly up to about 150, right?

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Bigass Moth posted:

Did you notice that the black players voluntarily took themselves out of the competition?

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.

IcePhoenix posted:

So because Garrett got voted out his idol doesn't go back into play, right?

It generally gets re-hidden this early in the game.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Teek posted:

It generally gets re-hidden this early in the game.

Isn't that because people played it though? I thought played idols go back in but voted out idols don't, but I wasn't sure which is why I asked. I'm not sure if anyone that had an idol this early got voted out so fast before.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

IcePhoenix posted:

Isn't that because people played it though? I thought played idols go back in but voted out idols don't, but I wasn't sure which is why I asked. I'm not sure if anyone that had an idol this early got voted out so fast before.

Voted out idols also get rehidden.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

IcePhoenix posted:

Also: I wonder what the average IQ of the brains tribe is with him gone. Probbly up to about 150, right?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I really hope Spencer manages to stay in the game for a long time so he can keep being a snarky rear end in a top hat in his confesionals and his reactions to people.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem

IcePhoenix posted:

I really hope Spencer manages to stay in the game for a long time so he can keep being a snarky rear end in a top hat in his confesionals and his reactions to people.
Hard to see Brains winning any challenges. The only real possibility is for Beauty to fail in a big way, which is entirely possible.

that one guy
Jun 3, 2005
That tweet from Spencer indicates his anger/frustration which to me implies he's gonna get screwed over because of them. Which is too bad. From the bio info in this thread he seemed like someone I would hate but I really grew to like him through the premiere.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Juanito posted:

Hard to see Brains winning any challenges. The only real possibility is for Beauty to fail in a big way, which is entirely possible.

I'm sure they'll go on to fail all the challenges until the last two are split. Probably Tasha and Kass will be the only survivors from Brains, after they kick Spencer and then J'Tia.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

that one guy posted:

That tweet from Spencer indicates his anger/frustration which to me implies he's gonna get screwed over because of them. Which is too bad. From the bio info in this thread he seemed like someone I would hate but I really grew to like him through the premiere.

In one of the preview videos Jeff made, he said "There's a zero point zero percent chance that Spencer will win this game", which is what I see Spencer's ire aimed at here.

Wren610
Oct 25, 2010
Ok so the brains are circling the drain. However I dont agree that the brawn tribe is well off, Tony is a big problem he doesn't have enough power/friends to take over the tribe but he has enough to make a huge mess unless they blindside him out Cliff and company could have a tribe meltdown in their near future. Beauty on the other hand is a 50-50 split with socially aware strategic minded people on both sides after their first tribal I can see either alliance easily putting the odd two out at ease and moving forward as a fivesome. Brawn on the other hand have Tony and Cliff gunning for each other and the two girls want the third one out they could have a solid four but any five person allliance is very temporary at best.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

that one guy posted:

Its his own drat fault to be honest. He chose to align with Garrett who was doing the exact same thing as David was, playing for Day 39 on Day 3. So they vote out David instead of the person who is obviously the weakest link on their tribe which comes around to bite them in the rear end in the next challenge. Garrett was so bad at the game I almost think they made the right choice in voting him out. He's just as much to blame for them not having any rice as J'tia is because he thought he was loving Boston Rob and wouldnt let anyone talk strategy. Then tells a person they're definitely going home and then leaves that person alone because he's all paranoid that the rest went off to talk strategy. I'm surprised she didnt burn down the shelter as well, its what I would have done, but I'm a spiteful little poo poo.

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

Garrett should have ran back to camp before Jeff read the votes

that one guy
Jun 3, 2005
I don't really see anybody good to align with on the Brains tribe for Spencer. David was scheming stupidly from the start and Kass buddied up with him, the Nuclear Engineer set herself apart from the start and it would've been dumb to buddy up with her...which leaves Garrett and Tasha. Maybe he could've tried with Tasha. But Garrett turned extra crazy with his "nobody talk" thing and his TC meltdown after it was too late. Sometimes you align with someone right out of the gate and you get lucky...or even neutral results. But Spencer just got boned because the guy he aligned with quickly was so horrible he got voted out before someone who poured all the rice out and singlehandedly lost a challenge. Bad luck more than him screwing himself imo.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Wren610 posted:

Ok so the brains are circling the drain. However I dont agree that the brawn tribe is well off, Tony is a big problem he doesn't have enough power/friends to take over the tribe but he has enough to make a huge mess unless they blindside him out Cliff and company could have a tribe meltdown in their near future. Beauty on the other hand is a 50-50 split with socially aware strategic minded people on both sides after their first tribal I can see either alliance easily putting the odd two out at ease and moving forward as a fivesome. Brawn on the other hand have Tony and Cliff gunning for each other and the two girls want the third one out they could have a solid four but any five person allliance is very temporary at best.

Not to get too much into preview talk for those that don't like knowing the previews, but it looks like Tony won't do himself any favors in the future, he tells whats her face he is a cop and her face looks like a "WHAT THE gently caress" face. It could go two ways from there.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

DurosKlav posted:

Its his own drat fault to be honest.

Nope. Garrett already had 3. It was go along with him or draw rocks... in the first vote. Choosing to draw rocks this early on would have been terrible strategy (though retrospectively probably better in this particular instance).

Gotta say I'm kind of annoyed for whoever posted that tweet without spoilers, because it does indicate a likely path for what happens with Spencer. When in doubt, spoiler. Come on people.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

DurosKlav posted:

He's just as much to blame for them not having any rice as J'tia is

What kind of psychopath would have an opinion like this?

quote:

I'm surprised she didnt burn down the shelter as well, its what I would have done, but I'm a spiteful little poo poo.

Oh, ok.

that one guy posted:

I don't really see anybody good to align with on the Brains tribe for Spencer. David was scheming stupidly from the start and Kass buddied up with him, the Nuclear Engineer set herself apart from the start and it would've been dumb to buddy up with her...which leaves Garrett and Tasha. Maybe he could've tried with Tasha. But Garrett turned extra crazy with his "nobody talk" thing and his TC meltdown after it was too late. Sometimes you align with someone right out of the gate and you get lucky...or even neutral results. But Spencer just got boned because the guy he aligned with quickly was so horrible he got voted out before someone who poured all the rice out and singlehandedly lost a challenge. Bad luck more than him screwing himself imo.

Yeah, this. Everyone else on the Brains tribe is a garbage player. Kass just up and tells J'Tia what's going on right away instead of trying to play the game, J'Tia sucks and is bad at everything, David tried to sacrifice Garrett (easily the strongest physical tribemate) on day 0 rather because he was a perceived threat, and Garrett has no idea how to play this game. Comparatively, Tasha seemed pretty reasonable but did she align with J'Tia early on?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Judging by the type of poo poo in his bio that kind of comment isn't out of character, I wouldn't read too much into it. He could go deep and still want to smart mouth his original tribe.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Lone Goat posted:

What kind of psychopath would have an opinion like this?

The guy just poo poo on a person and then leaves them all alone because he's super paranoid other people might actually play the game, of course he's to blame as well. Even the rest of his tribe was wondering why the hell he just upped and left her alone. Its one of the reasons you dont go around telling people to their face that you're voting them out next, and if you do you keep someone around to keep them from causing mischief. Besides its not like the producers will actually let them starve.

DurosKlav fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Feb 28, 2014

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Garrett's sort of responsible for creating the situation but J'tia dumping all the rice in the fire was never really a logical consequence he could have forseen. Not unless J'tia had proven herself as crazy in some way we didn't see before that. But yeah, they aren't going to starve any time soon. They can eat snails and fruit and try to fish. They'll just whine and be miserable for awhile, which could help Spencer move ahead of J'tia in the boot order.

I don't have a lot of hope for Spencer and I'm a little worried he's Cochran 2.0 who everyone loves and I hate, but I don't blame him hugely for aligning with Garrett. Mind you, that's the exact reason I say you should try and avoid forming tight alliances early unless you have to, because you have no idea who you're getting in bed with. I understand why he hooked up with Garett early and he seemed sane and rational right up until that tribe meeting.

And once Garrett pulled that "J'Tia is going home, NO ONE CAN TALK!" trip he gave Spencer no chance to rethink things. Kass didn't seem to give up a clear sign of which way she was going in Tribal and they never had a chance to talk privately so he had to flip a coin between the two lunatics and hope Kass went the same way. Outside of pulling a Caleb and trying to flat out count the votes in Council I'm not sure what else he could have done.

Wren610
Oct 25, 2010
Tony really seems to have bad social game.The brains have three players who might be able to salvage something if they put the past in the past and drop jita like a bad habit but people tend to hold onto grudges in survivor really the brains tribe can just hope for an early shuffle their tribe was doomed from the start with one person as dead weight and the two guys determined to play endgame on day one.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
Considering the tweet was posted during the airing of an episode in which we witnessed the spectacular implosion of the Brains tribe who couldn't even manage to solve a puzzle, make a shelter, had a poker player whine about the lack of girls serving him cheese and grapes; and had a PhD-carrying nuclear engineer freak out and dump their entire supply of rice in the fire yet managed to avoid elimination, I'm willing to wager that some folks are reading too much into things.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Tony just seems nuts. Like, we're talking "I don't really believe Phillip Sheppard was a secret agent. I think he's just crazy" nuts. I'm not convinced Tony's really a cop.

I don't know if Tony really believes cops jump across building like on TV or if he just thinks we believe it. But the spyshack, lying to the other cop when she had him dead to rights, and how he thinks we see police just makes him seem out of touch with reality.

He could screw up things for Brawn but I'm just not sure he's smart enough to since Cliff, Woo, Sarah, and Lindsay seem together well enough to handle it. If it comes down to the four of them vs Tony and the other lady its going to take one of them screwing up bad or Tony/other lady pulling off a great move to change things, I think. Or at least I hope because I really like Cliff, Woo, and Sarah.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Sounds exactly like a cop to me!

Metropolis
Apr 6, 2006
I was kinda glad to see Garrett go though J'tia's not great either. Seems like this brains tribe is the kind of brains where they're good at something 'smart' unrelated to survivor, but on the show, everything they do is dumb. Garret tried to pull a Boston Rob control everyone strategy. If he was gonna do that, he should have used his idol more effectively. I think the rest of the brains tribe was smart to get rid of them even if he is probably their best challenge guy because after losing two challenges in a row they are pretty much going to lose the rest until some shakeup happens. Now the other tribes can sit out their two weakest players for any given challenge, a rather enormous advantage.

Also that puzzle Sarah nailed and J'tia bombed looked hard as hell. Jagged spinny things and you put other jagged spinny things in? I'd hate to be stuck doing that.

J'tia kinda put herself in her position though. "I'm the smartest person here!" On the "brains" tribe of a show that has who knows how many people apply? Get to know the other people at least before you decide you're the best. Everyone else seemed to kind of go along with it not because they were impressed by the word 'engineer' but because they didn't want to shut someone else down so early. Then they went with it because she was a lightning rod.

David hosed up a lot by trying to trumpet how strategically he was thinking all the time.

Liking the season so far.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
I totally understand why the brains tribe is imploding but christ - how do you keep a person around who literally destroyed your food for the next week and a half? Who is also literally useless in challenge - can't swim well, can't pull weight, can't run fast, can't solve puzzles... It's too early to be grooming a goat and you can't keep a self destructive/tribe destructive goat around either.

I think Garrett is normally high as a kite and couldn't handle being sober for 6 days and lost it.

I'm rooting for Lady Robfather on the brawn tribe now. She apparently can actually read people and seems like she isn't a douchebag cop. Also she is a puzzle pro.

My husband almost vomited at Tony's toe wound.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Metropolis posted:

I was kinda glad to see Garrett go though J'tia's not great either. Seems like this brains tribe is the kind of brains where they're good at something 'smart' unrelated to survivor, but on the show, everything they do is dumb. Garret tried to pull a Boston Rob control everyone strategy. If he was gonna do that, he should have used his idol more effectively. I think the rest of the brains tribe was smart to get rid of them even if he is probably their best challenge guy because after losing two challenges in a row they are pretty much going to lose the rest until some shakeup happens. Now the other tribes can sit out their two weakest players for any given challenge, a rather enormous advantage.

Also that puzzle Sarah nailed and J'tia bombed looked hard as hell. Jagged spinny things and you put other jagged spinny things in? I'd hate to be stuck doing that.

Yeah but J'tia was doing the puzzle in the worst possible way. She didn't start on an end, and her "strategy" consisted of dropping a piece onto a spot, and if it didn't immediately swap to another piece without even trying to turn the puzzle.

• Locked thread