Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darmvlinder
Jan 14, 2013
A few weeks ago, a girl in my class confessed having developed strong feelings for me, though she still had a boyfriend. Having a cloak and daggers relationship for some weeks, we decided for the 4th time it was time to end this, especially with our midterms coming up. With her having failed to do so every time, she seems to be hanging in there now, and working things out with her boyfriend.

It basically means I'm single again, which kind of sucks. But I feel free and have a clear mind again, not to mention I am no longer part of her cheating on her partner. I'll need to steer clear for a while, but it's not the last I've heard of her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baelish
Feb 8, 2013
Watched The World's End, made out, and cuddled with my girlfriend of three weeks yesterday. It was pretty awesome.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I got around 3 hours of sleep last night, and I somehow don't want to die! I might fall asleep at work, however I'm at a school library when all of the students are on break, so I feel like I can get away with that. And I'm wearing my cool new Beastie Boys t-shirt. And I remembered to bring lunch with me today!

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a teacher. Yesterday was the last day of our 16 day winter break. But today... snow day!

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Got a six month deferral from Sallie Mae after freaking out about missing a loan payment. Hell of a load off my shoulders.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
Had a really good day today, work picked up again like usual, kept steady and the day didn't drag on. Came home, made a dozen cheddar bacon jalapeno poppers (baking now), made some bitchin' cherry lemonade, got some leftover homemade lasagna to go with it, and I'm chillin by the TV. :feelsgood:

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

My father in law made a random deposit into our mortgage. So now I'll own a tiny 1970s condo by the time I'm 62 instead of 65!! Yay!!

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
Over four years ago, I had a loose tooth and when I tried to pull it out, only half of it did. A couple annoying days later, I took the other half out, leaving a tiny piece of it still in my mouth. I was too lazy to have the dentist get rid of it. Today, I was munching on some cheap hard candy and it came loose enough for me to pull out. :woop:

It's also kind of funny because a few minutes before it came loose, my dad told me that eating the hard candy would wreck my teeth.

Tibor
Apr 29, 2009

Celery Face posted:

Over four years ago, I had a loose tooth and when I tried to pull it out, only half of it did. A couple annoying days later, I took the other half out, leaving a tiny piece of it still in my mouth. I was too lazy to have the dentist get rid of it. Today, I was munching on some cheap hard candy and it came loose enough for me to pull out. :woop:

It's also kind of funny because a few minutes before it came loose, my dad told me that eating the hard candy would wreck my teeth.

Jesus Christ.

My day was awesome because I was busy and productive all day but felt full of energy so it didn't wear me out at all. Then I went out for delicious food and drinks with a friend. Just a good, solid day all round.

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Today was great just because I feel fan-loving-tastic.

I've been eating better since early December, and I recently started going to the gym. I've got more energy and I feel great about the choices that I'm making.

I'm at work right now, and after I'm finished, instead of going home to sit on the couch and play Xbox, I'm going to the gym instead. And I CAN'T WAIT.

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009
Today, I found out I not only passed my CISA exam, but I scored in the top 10% globally! My company's rewrads plan offers me 6 extra days time off and a cash bonus, so I'm going to visit the grandparents\other relatives for a long weekend.

bee
Dec 17, 2008

Do you often sing or whistle just for fun?
I sang some Dandy Warhols songs to my baby and she gave me the biggest smile :3:

Gladstone
Dec 13, 2010
I went on a date. I think it went pretty well, and I really want to see her again so I'm going to ask her out again.

I squatted 150kg for 5 reps too!

2014 has been really awesome so far.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Yesterday was pretty awesome - got to go on-site for a client who needed a PC delivered and 2 of their UPS units replaced. My partner and I got one rackmount UPS set up and working, but we couldn't fix the other unit - it's a UPS box that's on the floor and the wrong internal batteries were ordered for it. Wasn't a huge deal, because said client was cool with it, and they're on like the 40th floor of one of the big office towers downtown. They have a super sweet high speed elevator that makes your ears pop when you go up, and the view was goddamn amazing from their floor :)

That, and finally got a few tickets knocked out for issues that were annoying me, after looking at them with fresh eyes. Feels nice to knock things out and not only that, have my boss notice that I'm going way out of my way to learn new things, get experience when and where I can, and also not have people respond negatively when questions are asked. Helps that I'm brushing up on certification material so I can get a good start on an MCITP cert, and also see what else is available, especially from the networking side.

Basically, it's nice to not feel "stuck" in some help desk role and/or be given empty promises about the possibility of advancing my career. :)

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
They opened up a dog park here in town, so now we have a place to get our dog some much-needed exercise. My girlfriend and I have also been fighting lately about how we never do anything together anymore, because we work too much and there's hardly anything to do around here, but now we can go to the dog park every weekend :toot:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Had a kind crappy day at work, but a co-worker who just got back from a long vacation handed me a lottery ticket as a late Christmas present. I won $100. :hellyeah:

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

My next-door neighbours who moved into an adults-only building and promptly gave birth to the noisiest kid alive are selling their place! woohoo Too bad they bought in 2007 and won't get anywhere near what they're asking ($340k for a ground floor 40 year old 700sq foot condo).

Now all I have to do is get rid of the 10-packs-a-day smoker on the other side and the guy with the Harley across the alley.

UnfortunateSexFart has a new favorite as of 04:34 on Jan 21, 2014

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
My Robocop pre-order, a school textbook, a thingy for my old Playstation 2, and my Adidas Stan Smiths (which I ordered throughout this past month) are all being delivered today!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
At work we normally have three instruments for testing a certain thing, but for the past couple weeks not one but two of them have been broken and off for repairs. Then today one of them finally came back so I once I finish validating it against the one working instrument my sample flow can start to return to normal :toot:

Also this was yesterday, but a woman from our R&D labs said I was her new favorite person in my department, then later asked me "what are you doing here?" (along the lines of "you are worth way more than the title & pay rate that's been given to you here"), which was nice to hear from someone else because I've been wondering it for a little while now.

I Am Not Spor
Dec 13, 2006
all the better to glomp you with
I just did my taxes. I like doing my taxes.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

I Am Not Spor posted:

I just did my taxes. I like doing my taxes.

High-five early-tax-getting-done buddy. Finished mine last night, getting over $1100 back. AWWWW YEEAAHHHH

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
The boss told me to go home early today because he didn't want me driving when it got dark because the roads are going to ice over. Which is pretty nice considering the company opened 2 hours late. 4 hour work day woooo.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I got two months forbearance on my student loans!

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

I received the news that I'd been hired for an awesome new job this week, after 6 months of working double time to try to prep for what I felt like the next logical step in my career. It's awesome and vindicating.

Eulogistics
Aug 30, 2012
Not really today, but very recently:

I just started working toward branching my career off in a completely different direction from the current, fairly dead-end one. I've got an assload of studying and practicing to do, but I'm motivated to come to work again.

Also did my taxes last night.

And one of my brothers should be moving back in with me this weekend.

And I'm way under budget this month, so I have a lot of discretionary income all of a sudden.

And I suddenly feel a lot more comfortable and proficient playing AD Carry in League of Legends.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Yesterday was the tits because I got snow for my birthday! gently caress YES.

Today is also the tits because I had strawberries with breakfast, and I still have bday cake left. gently caress YES.

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
Today is going to be one of my better days of the year. I first got a 90.2 on my Air Force PT test which barely puts me over the mark of having to do the test once a year as opposed to twice. I only had to work about 4 hours today. After all of this, I went bowling for the hell of it and proceeded to obliterate my previous high game of 192 with a 258. Struck 7 times in a row to end it.

Now I feel invincible.

KittenofDoom
Apr 15, 2003

Me posting IRL
I hate dating; it's a frustrating, tedious, heart-breaking adventure. Fortunately the amazing, gorgeous, intelligent woman I've been seeing for the last few weeks agrees and we've gone exclusive as a solution :3:

Deathslushie
Dec 19, 2006

Did you drink the death slushie? Is that what you did?
I've been reading this thread from the beginning, and I'm almost done! But yesterday definitely warrants a post.

I had to go for my third interview with a research and treatment center. (Yes, three interviews seems excessive, but they need to carefully screen candidates.) The third interview was to be with the doctor who runs the center, so I got to tell myself that I'm worth her time. I didn't have much time between the call for the third interview and the interview itself, so I didn't end up being horrifically nervous.

When I got to the center I chatted with the admin assistant, and she's very sweet. I didn't feel awkward talking to her on a non-business level. The doctor arrived with her therapy dog (a pug!! :3:) and we went into her office. I still wasn't cripplingly nervous, and she gave me no reason to be. She has a very big, warm personality. She mentioned that only two or three other candidates made it to a third interview with her, so I should feel very good. She told me that the other staff had only positive things to say about me, and she thought I was awesome. (Those were her words!!) She asked whether I had any experience with anxiety, and I told her that I have anxiety issues. She said "That's good! Not that you have it... but that you have personal experience with it." It's relevant to the population they work with, and the families of the patients. She likes that I have a BA in psych, and told me there's a lot of room for growth with them. There's a lot of opportunity to experience different issues within the field, and they encourage further education. (Which fits perfectly with how I've approached higher education. I don't know what I want yet, so I want to get more experience.) It felt less like an interview, and more like the two of us talking casually.

After, we went to talk to the admin assistant about what the next step is. She said I should hear back from them in about two weeks. The doctor said something to the effect of "sooner". Then she came out and gave me a hug! I'm a hugger, and wanted to hug her, but in a professional setting I would never engage. That was a pleasant shock.

I drove home grinning like a total moron. Normally when I drive I'm crazy stressed out, but definitely not then.

Other things that made yesterday awesome:

- I got to see a picture of my fianc's parents' puppy that they're getting this weekend, and she's getting FRECKLES! It's so unfairly cute.
- I got dishes done AND took an incredible nap. (It's usually one or the other.)
- The drive to pick my fianc up from work was strangely smooth. There's normally a lot of red lights and stupid drivers and pedestrians. Ah, the joys of a big city.
- For dinner I had pork and shrimp shumai, sweet potato pierogies, and I finished a growler of very tasty raspberry wheatbeer from a local brewery.
- After dinner I felt the most relaxed, physically and mentally, that I've felt in ages.

As for today, my cat was just up on my desk, which he never does, giving me face hugs. I also have a blueberry cream filled donut.

After a lot of anguish, things are looking up.

(Sorry for the wall o' text.)

Lt Greatsocks
Nov 4, 2009
I was the only busser on the floor at work today and three different servers came up and told me how awesome I was doing today (in their defense I am pretty great.) And now that I'm done working I get to drink beer and smoke recreational drugs!

And I met a pig! A pig named "moo!" Unfortunately she was kinda shy so I didn't get to pet her.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

My manager set up a short meeting for our team today around 2pm, he'd scheduled it earlier this week and we all thought it was going to be news about one of the new office spaces our company was looking at since we're rapidly outgrowing our current leased space.

Turned out instead, I was surprised with a promotion! :woop: Felt awesome to be appreciated for the hard work I've done, I've always had an upbeat attitude and this is maybe the second job I've ever had where I love going into work each day. I've learned more at my current job than at any other corporate IT or help desk position I've had, and actually don't mind working extra to get things done on or ahead of schedule. I love my co-workers and even my clients, sometimes things get a bit stressful or crazy but I try not to let it wear on me.

That feeling of being appreciated, valued, and rewarded for going above and beyond is the best, and it's definitely humbling compared to other places that treated me and co-workers like expendable slaves or numbers. :)

Deathslushie
Dec 19, 2006

Did you drink the death slushie? Is that what you did?
Again, yesterday, but the news is still making me feel great. I got the job, and I'll be starting on March 3rd.

On top of helping out with financial burdens (see: wedding), this job is actually related to my education (BA in psychology) and previous work experiences. I'm going to learn, work, and get paid! During my interviews, the staff asked what I wanted to do with my education. I told them I always wanted to work in related fields, and when I found something I enjoyed enough, I'd go back and get my master's. They loved that answer, and I'm excited to think this could eventually be a step in that direction.

I also went out for dinner last night. My friends and I had planned it anyways, but it was a lovely way to celebrate the occasion. My fianc convinced me that we should get a cheese and meat plate for an appetizer, and it was a good decision. I treated myself to a beer, and the food was all around fantastic. Even our waiter was exceptional.

In the past I'd had a lot of difficulties with employment. I'm relieved that things finally seem to be coming together.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

I had a dental cleaning today and the hygienist told me "However you're brushing, keep doing it." Then I had the rest of the day off because gently caress going to the dentist and then having to go to work, especially when I have so many days off I need to take by the end of the year.

I'm also doing a full day off for my eye doctor's appointment tomorrow.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I just got a job in downtown Athens starting tomorrow.

Money was starting to get tight so I'm glad I can keep the ball rolling until I go back to grad school.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Several papers due, midterms, a mountain of forms to fill and submit, e-mails to write, and delegations in group projects to sort out this week. It's done now. And I don't work tomorrow.

I'm cracking a beer and playing some goddamn video games until the sun comes up.

shootforit
Oct 11, 2006

My sons post-op doctor checkup shows the surgery was successful and he is in perfect health.

Then I had a good day at work by troubleshooting a lot of computer problems.

And then I went to band practice and rocked my face off.

Successful day by far.

Now beer.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
As a bit of background, I had parents that for various reasons were opposed to me getting my license when I was younger, so I'd gotten into my mid 20's without a license. It wasn't until mid last year that I A: had friends with cars/insurance to practice with and B: Could afford in car driving instruction. Today after many years I am officially a licensed driver. Today loving owns. Also, because I'd been planning it for quite a while, I already have $10k or so saved up for a vehicle so it shouldn't be too long before I do not have to bus to work ever again. It will also give me the ability to comfortably negotiate the salary increase, because the threat of me changing companies is much more realistic now that I don't have to rely on just companies I can reach via bus or walking.

Going to get absurdly drunk in celebration tonight.

Dusty Baker 2
Jul 8, 2011

Keyboard Inghimasi
Yesterday I went home (I'm away at college) to get some poo poo I'd forgotten last time I was there. Some of it was in a box in the attic in our garage. I stood on a table to grab the box and the table shot out from under me. I fell straight down, bumping into a workbench on the way down (which broke my fall and probably saved my tailbone). The box came with me. I landed with one leg on a chainsaw that was luckily dull as poo poo. Also the box was full of hibernating wasps.

I came away without a single sting, scratch, gash or wound other than some bruising. That's a good day to me.

Thunderfinger
Jan 15, 2011

The day before I bought some jazz albums that I really like and was listening to them all yesterday and today. And today I got to go to see a great movie with my dad at the theater.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

A month and $14,000* later, my bathroom is close to being useable again. The end is in sight.

And looks pretty swell if I do say so myself

*-our share of re-piping entire condo + reno.